Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

You are so right... Calleigh needs that consistency, whether she realizes it or not yet, and she's never had it before. Not with Hagen (eeewww) and certainly not with bad boy Jake. But Eric... ever since he was shot and realized how short life can be, what he really wants out of life, he's the consistency in her life, the one thing she can count on to be there for her. He doesn't let her down. And damn, that man loves her like none that's loved her before... he just exudes it. It eeks out of his pores. You can see it in his eyes. And so can she ;):).

Yeah... the promo dedicated to Eric & Calleigh was completely a sweeps stunt. Not so important in Canada, but in the US... VERY important (at least, I think ratings are not that important in other countries). I bet the extended promo is the footage Canada got, the Diddy stuff. I bet we've seen all we're going to see of Eric & Calleigh until next Monday night.

2. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

This thread is really going forward!! Calleigh and Eric are really popular, guess people actually see their connection and chemistry! Thank you Jennifer for the interview! It was really funny! :D:thumbsup:

I think it's gonna be so cute to watch episode 7.19. Having Calleigh to defend the relationship, saying. 'That was before us'(the picture with the stable boy) I think maybe we're gonna see a new side of Calleigh in that episode. I hope we do, in the good way of course! :)

3. anamarya

anamarya Witness

we people have no control what so ever.... this is like page 10 of a thread that started yesterday? (just a reality check)

but i do like the conversation in spoiler tags:devil:
    and THANK Jennifer for the article

ok i'll put only one spoiler tag and say everything there.. is a little early and i do have to get to work sometime in the next hour
    about the article: they are to funny together and i think that if they would have time they will be with us here on the board
    about H and him seeing them outside the Detention Center... is totally possible... that scene will be so him
    about the cross... i would like a cross with LV, even a bigger one to incorporate the all three CSIs. it would be nice to here the LV cross and to see the different dinamics... like someone siad.. Girs is gone, Warrick and Speed died, all of them grown (professionally and personally), etc. but i don't think that they will use the "she died... oh, no, she didn't" card... would be to much.
    about the promo... ya probably in the extended will get more about the case and little (if none) abvout E/C.
    about the wedding.. i would like to see the wedding (and i hope to see the E/C wedding - preferable without any dead bodies at the reception) but not in the last episode, it would be strange. the last episode (that is hopefully far-far away) has to be about a big think, a big case, and maybe the team moving on... H to a desk job, Cal becaming Lt (if that's not happening before), Ercic getting maybe a teaching position, Ryan getting his own newbies to train, you know the whole "next generation" aproach....
    lastly about the up/down routine and incorporating the romance in drama shwos:
    in my opinion is a trend... i mean in the last IDK 5 years or so in every good romance novel that ended up in my hads (or PC) we had o dead body, some police work, even serrial-killers because all that "pink" wasn't selling anymore. yes there is a category of people that enjoy the "only pink" and people that enjoy the "only dark think" that used to be in the procedural shows and novels but the majority of people like reality and in real life is more like o combination of the to colours. you can not be always happy and living in a universe where there is no crime, no bag guys, etc. just like you can not live in a universe where everything is about the bad guys. even cops, good, professional, focussed cops have to have a life. is what makes them good cops, is what balance them.... and i s a good thing that latelly the writers do something about showing us that our caracters are human, thay are not computers programed to resolve crimes and catch criminals. ok, i'm not saying that the shows have to became something like a soap or something but out of 40 min per episode they can show for 5 of them (even less) that the guys eat, sleep, suffer, go out, have lives....

ok.. ME writting too much and not sure if making sense but still...

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Jennifer, thanks for the interview. Adam and Emily are just so funny. I love them.

I wouldn't like them to break up even if they got back together... I think they should get to some bumps in the road, but other than that, they don't need anything. I wonder what, beside Stetler, the bumps in toad could be?
    I just can't wait for this episode. I want to see that moment in the morgue. I bet we'll see Eric just a bit jealous (so cute :adore:) and Calleigh reassuring him... I hope she touches him in some way when she says that the picture was "before them"...

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I'd love for you to be right. I reeeeeeally really would. Unfortunately I can't get rid of the cynic in me. *grumbles* Eric and Calleigh aren't even officially kissing yet and I'm already predicting that they break up according to the standard TV relationship pattern. I hate the cynic in me. It should shut up and go away. Then again, the cautious optimist in me says that after they break up, they'll get back together again! My cautious optimist personality should kick my stupid cynic personality in the shins.

I think you got your episodes out of order... 601 came before SYG, and I think we were supposed to assume that Calleigh was still in a relationship with Jake in SYG. Then again, we didn't see him after that (as far as I can recall) and in the very next episode, "My Nanny", we had the brilliant little "when I find the right girl" moment between Eric & Calleigh (the way she bit her lip after he made the comment was just perfect... I wonder how much time she'd spent wondering if she could be the right girl for him).

Oh, and speaking of the Calleigh/Jake pairing, several folks over at the Cal/Jake shipper thread are FUMING over E/C going canon. There are a few who are prepared to give up on the show entirely unless Jake is brought back by the end of season 7, at which point Calleigh ditches Eric and falls into Jake's arms (again).

An objection I've seen is that this romance between Eric and Cal is "manufactured" and "out of the blue". I don't know how anyone can say that the E/C canon romance is inorganic or unexpected. Calleigh had a decent semi-relationship with Jake, it's true. And Eric had a more-than-a-fling, less-than-a-relationship with Natalia, this is true as well. But there has been a fairly consistent potential-for-being-more-than-friends dynamic between Eric & Calleigh pretty much since the beginning of the series, and that wasn't by accident. That's how it was written, that's how it was acted, and that's how we've come to the point in the show we're at now.

I don't mean to bash other ships, I really don't. I'm just saying that despite the very real romances that the two have had with other people, they've (seemingly) fallen in love with each other, and that is also very real, and shouldn't be discounted as "fake" or "shocking".

By the way, bless both Adam & Emily for being a fan of this romance!

Hey, look at that, I'm post #200! Sweet! Go team Hiphuggers!

6. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Please let's not talk about other ships here. I might be a HipHugger at heart but I respect the fact that other people don't agree with me. What I don't accept is the demeaning and very rude way it is done by some people among them (again not all of them). Most of the people who don't see EC are people who started watching Miami from season 3 or 4 on. They don't know or don't remember all the E/C that happened in the first two seasons. It's okay, I'm like that with NCIS where I like to forget s1 and 2 ever existed :guffaw:
    If they want to stop watching, it's their decision. I don't care. I just find this behavior very immature. Life is like that. You don't always get what you want... and very rarely on TV :lol: That's the old lady in me talking.

As for the interview, those two are really a pair :lol: Thanks Jen for posting it.

I can't stop thinking about Emily's belief that they started their relationship after All In. Again it's what she thinks not necessarily how TPTB saw and wanted it. But it's truly an interesting concept. It definitely changes the whole relationship and I'm going to spend a lot of time watching every episode for hidden hints and details. I had also started a fic some time back about Jack coming back and this idea brings a new perspective on how I will write it. One thing it shows is that Emily thinks way too much about EC :lol: I once had a discussion with Jackie about Jake and Eric. At that time I was convinced that if Eric had made the first move on her he would have won. But he stayed back and let the most aggressive of them take the girl. I had felt that she was just letting the flow guide her because she didn't want to choose. It seems Em thinks the same.

I think what I like most about it is to see Calleigh genuinely smile. It's been a while since we've seen her so open. We're having reruns of the earlier seasons here and Cal before Hagen was a lot more relaxed than she had become. It's like this part of her is coming back to light and it is nice.

I wouldn't believe a word I see on Wiki. They have given real spoilers but many times they are dead wrong. I know I would love a cross-over with LV I would so squee because I think it's more than time for that.

Shouldn't we name this thread? It's been a while now.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Im thinking I agree with you. I think something snapped in Calleigh's mind in the detention center. After 7.14, it showed she got the assurance she needed for being in a relationship with him and his words of not wanting to live his life without her was a step in his direction of realization for Eric. They mustve gotten closer by 7.15 and started off slow and then now in 7.16, the thought of her losing him and being deported hit her hard and he the same. When they run and kiss at the end of the promo, that's the moment that they realize their love for each other is so strong they can't suppress the feelings any longer and they've gotten that chance to go forward.

8. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Thanks for posting the TVGuide scans! :)

I also think that H will see them kissing and just smile put his glasses on and walk away .. like he does !:cool: OMG! I can't wait to hear what Eric and Calleigh say when she visits him at the dettention center. I would really like to see Calleigh's rection when she finds out Eric has been taken away ! I can't wait ! It's such a long wait!!!! :scream:

9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

It's funny how everyone see the promo slightly different. See, I don't see them as running towards each other. To me it looks like Calleigh is just waiting for him (maybe takes a step or two towards him) and Eric looks like he's come down a step or two and it turning a slight corner (like at the end of a hand rail on a set of steps). Yes, he might be moving a little fast but if he's coming down step then he probably would be moving a little faster than normal.
    I don't know....that's just what it looks like to me. Guess we'll all see in 6 1/2 days.

10. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Well I see it as you do.

I have watched it several times and was surprised when people started saying how they were running towards each other. I thought that as I had watched it with a lot of people around me making sure no one was paying attention at what I was doing, I had missed something. But last night I checked again and I don't see Calleigh run at all. She is waiting for him and she opens her arms to hug him but she doesn't seem to move except for that. Honestly I can understand why Eric is in a hurry. If I were him I certainly wouldn't linger in a place like that when my girlfriend was waiting for me with opened arms :lol:

It sure seems that Eric is looking at someone when he is in the elevator. Of course my shipper heart wants it to be Cal, but knowing Miami I wouldn't be surprised if it were H. I somehow expect Cal to be with Ryan working on the crime scene while Nat and Eric are processing evidence.

I guess it's still not March 2 ;)

11. anamarya

anamarya Witness

me three... i saw it like you 2 did.... and i really thought that i missed something but now i;m reasured...
    i'm with you about the detention vs girlfriend thing.... i would pick up the pace too.... he seems to be in a litle hurry but not actually running like runing. about the elevator... it actually may be H and the look from Eric maight be parte apology for the situation, asking for understanding and support, peading with H not to upset Cal with all that... a milion other things.
    and no, unfortunatly it is still Feb 25th :brickwall::brickwall:

12. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Yea, It didn't really seem like running to me either.....I think TPTB put it in slow motion to make it seem like runnning, but in reality its more like they fall into each others arms(which is just as good:))

My shipper heart hopes its Calleigh too:adore: That would just be so sweet....his last free look:lol:

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I hadn't noticed that about the elavator so I went back and looked and it really does seem he's looking at someone. I want to say Calleigh, but my guts says H just like you. I think that we won't even get to see Cal getting the news about him being taken away and we'll just go right into her arriving or sitting at the detention center.

I'm so curious about their conversation when she goes to visit him. I think that's the moment we'll truly know where they stand as a couple. I want to see some hand touching :shifty:. Ahh who cares, we are getting a KISS :lol:. This week is going....by....soooo....sloooowwwlyyyy. Or is it just me? :p.

Hmm since we are on page 11, could the thread name go up? I mean at the rate we are going the thread will be over before the name goes up :lol:. IDK exactly how it works, but if someone does....:cool:

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You may be very right, but I would love it if they were the couple that worked through the issues without breaking up, have a strong enough relationship, love each other enough to work through it without calling it quits.

I actually meant episode 701, not 601. The one where Jake came back and asked her to wait for him.

I could not have said that better. The ugly comments really show a lack of maturity on the part of the person saying them.

I've never thought about that, but you're absolutely right. Eric would have "won the girl" if he'd made his move first. Calleigh went with Jake because she didn't have to choose between them. She took the easy way out. Ahhh, but having it happen now, after all that has happened to each of them, makes their relationship all the stronger

I agree with the fact that it doesn't look like Eric is running to Calleigh, more like he was just coming down some steps, in a quicker pace, to get to his girlfriend... but not running. When I initially watched the promo when it aired, I thought he was running, but after watching it again and again I realize he's not running, and neither is she.

But that kiss... wow. Calleigh's arms up around his shoulders, almost smiling into it.

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Found this on the CBS Youtube web site its not got any Cal and Eric but it looks like its the Sneek Peek for next weeks Episode. figured I post the link so you guys could watch it if you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.