EDeN (Eric/Natalia) #2: All about chemistry & forbidden fruit!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mjszud, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I really wouldn't be surprised if TPTB acted as if anything had happened between Eric and Natalia,not romantically anyway.The relationship hasn't been addressed in a while, closure has never been thought of,as if it never occured.Their relationship will be played as friendship only.Never mind the obvious chemistry they had,it was all in the fans mind.
    Natalia is long past due a serious story arc.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in total agreement with that. You know, it's all fine and dandy if tptb want to put them with other people, but ... Why are they pretending that Eden were never together? That I don't get. It is possible for exes to be friends (its rare, but possible lol). So, why are they only pretending like Eden were only always just friends when they were more than that? I mean at one point they even thought they were pregnant. I'm not okay with them sweeping that under the rug. It's very insulting and irritating IMHO. It's like they think we couldn't handle it if they reminded us that they were once a couple and no longer are. I can handle it. I mean, it would be a lot better than them pretending that the pairing never occured.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Apparently our dear PTB suffer brain damage as well as Eric does. ;)
    I find it plain stupid to pretend that they were never a romantic couple. As i've said before, having them come out NOW saying "oh we're just friends, everything is great" is too damn late....& for that matter....why DIDN'T TPTB have them "talk" about it, huh? That makes no sense to me at all because it could've been addressed when Nat first questioned him in 'Burned' but they didn't even really talk about it. Sorry, but I do not think that Natalia was asking him out of being "nosy" & she didn't exactly say "hey, go for it, I want you to be happy".

I just think all of this is pure stupidity, & no they havn't addressed EDeN's relationship for a while now but ya know what.....for YEARS they didn't address the relationship that they're pushing right now either, so who's to say that EDeN won't resurface later to bring on some drama. They have the "background", it was already written for them. One never knows now do they. ;)
    All I know is that TPTB can pull things out of left field at any time, so, if they plan to ignore it forever then so be it, but I tend to think that they could possibly be saving it for a later time. I don't know how, why or when, all I know is that Miami doesn't make things perfect & peachy (the way they appear to be lately) for too long.
    Could I see TPTB making Natalia & Eric later being in some situation that would draw them together intimatly & she wind up with a booboo pregnancy all for the sake of Miami & thier overload of drama? Yep, I can.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

That makes me want to see her work a case with kids... do you think it's too much to ask for Eric to team up with her? It's a good opportunity to share stories about their nieces. Maybe playing with the kiddies will give them an idea about you-know-what... *daydreams about EDeN babies*

5. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Count me in as one who didn't think all was wrapped up with these two when their story was initially dropped. I've never been an active EN shipper (Jake and Calleigh are my ship) but I've always liked the possibility of a fully fleshed out Eric/Natalia relationship. I liked the Eric and Natalia pairing from the start, they just seem to go together in a way that comes off as very believable. I found their relationship to be the one bright spot in an otherwise unremarkable season 4. I fully expected things to heat up again between the two of them, especially after Eric was shot. These two absolutely sizzle; that sort of chemistry can't be manufactured. And when two characters have got that, why go looking elsewhere for something that doesn't even come close? It's just one of the many things I shake my head at.

The one thing that has struck me about Eric, post-shooting, is that he acts normal around Natalia - confident, more natural and not so needy, like the Eric he used to be. Now maybe that's just me, but it's something I never fail to notice. I wish these two shared more scenes together and that everyone didn't act like they never shared something that went beyond coworkers. I'll keep my fingers crossed for something in the future.

I enjoy your comments, mjsud, all of them. I'm sorry I can't yet send you a PM or I would.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm so happy to see you here Abstract. This thread has become my comfort zone. :D

I couldn't agree with you more! I've never been able to look at Nick dying as what "closed" the EDeN story even though that was apparently what "dampened" them. It didn't put closure on who they are or were as a couple. TPTB didn't ever really let anyone know the status of thier relationship when season 5 rolled around. Now had TPTB managed to show Eric being played off someone else in a romantic manner & not being there played off of the Nat/Nick arc then I would possibly have taken that as a significant sign. However instead, Corey Miller had in his log that they were rekindling some of thier heat in 'Going Under' & we clearly saw a lot of EDeN during the Nick fiasco. Eric wasn't "played" anywhere else but along with Nat in that story.
    So, all in all, NO I do not see that there was proper closure between them as a couple. I saw closure with Natalia & Nick, but it definitly left what was between EDeN all up to our imagination.
    Now if this was real life, then I would say this is pretty normal for 2 people to just fizzle out & move on, but this is a TV show where (I think) anything they do with a person or couple is pretty significant in telling this 'Miami' story.
    If Natalia had left the show, as most "love interests" do then I would most definitly see that her role was meant nothing more than a short arc for Eric, but as we can clearly see, Natalia is still with us.....& has been sitting on the sidelines waiting to "bat" (so to speak) ever since Eric's shooting.....that there is something that I think is rather telling in EDeN's story.

It isn't just you. That's something all of us here have noticed as well & we've discussed it at times. She seems to bring out the best in him, whether it's just her natural way of making him smile or just her presence being what makes him comfortable & relaxed. I also like that at times she can awaken the beast in him as well. I think it makes them look even more organic cause it relates more to a "real" couple.

Back to Nat bringing out the best of him. I will say we've had only a few good EDeN scenes these past few years, but one moment that always sticks in my mind is from 'Going Ballistic' after his shootout.
    In most cases when someone is in danger & they ask how they are, it's usually done during the 2 processing evidence or out on the field. Yet in this case, we saw Natalia purposly come into the lab where Eric was to "check on him", & as soon as he heard her voice & could see her concern, he smiled. What does that tell us about the both of them?
    I also like the fact that there was a small emphasis on it in the way that Eric was leaning over the table & the camera angled to where we could see Natalia & see Eric's reaction both at the same time in one shot.
    That rarely happens. As I said before, it's usually a case of person A & person B working together & person A non-chalantly asks person B if everything is ok.
    Many posters outside of the EDeN thread probably don't agree, but when I see the writers (& cameras) do these things that are noticeably different than how they "film" other co-workers/duo's then it's something that stands out to me, just like the "zoom in" of Eric beside her in 'Chain Reaction'.

7. GregNickRyanFan

She really does bring out the best in him. I actually used to not really like Eric all that much until they introduced Natalia as his love interest. That's when my eyes opened up and I realized, hey this guy isn't so bad after all. :lol: She really does bring out the best in him... and she can calm him down like no other. Notice in Resurrection when he says he is suspicious of Ryan, Nat says "he's one of us" and then changes the subject quickly and gets him thinking about something else. She's able to talk sense into him. Compare this to the scene in "head case" when someone else tried to talk sense into for his treatment of Ryan. He basically got into a small argument with that person. Did he argue with Nat when she did basically the same thing? Nope. That's pretty telling if you ask me. ;)

8. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Yup, I just have no idea what the hell TPTB are going to do with these two.
    It's blatantly obvious (especially by the posts made here!) that their storyline didn't get a conclusion, and I'm not sure if we ever will.

mjszud made a good point that Miami doesn't like to leave the characters all smiley and happy all the time, so that makes me wonder... Ugh, and especially after I watched (in horror) the teaser for next week's episode. :wtf:

Since when did it become CSI:Miami soap opera? Could they have come up with cheesier voice over dialogue? :lol: [/rant]

Anyway, yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do with them, if anything at all. :rolleyes: Yeah, I actually can't wait for the episode after Monday's... how are they going to get Eric and Calleigh past their "relationship" and back to the cases? Not sure everything would be "back to normal" after what we saw in the teaser.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  9. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I didn't watch promo, but i know what was there (that's why i didn't watch it :(). Nat and Eric is grown up people, but still i wanna see that they talk about it, because if they don't it would be very bad from his side. They had relationship! She was the first woman with who he want serious relationship! And he start new one and don't talk with her? wtf? I can say more about it, but on russian, sorry, my english too bad and i can't say all what i think about this.

By the way, mjszud, i agree with you about EC, i mean all you said in spoiler thread, i think the same :)

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wonder how many people saw that promo & went - "ok, a reason for me NOT to watch it, great, thank you" :lol:

Anyway ....
    My favorite EDeN "calm down" moment is from 'Shock' in season 4. Eric wasn't nevessarily flipping out or anything but I love the fact that it was her to talk some sense into him about Marisol. That was a great scene between them, & I think that moment proved that Natalia's words from the previous episode ( "we had a chance, & you just blew it" in Dead Air) didn't mean squat!!!

All I can really say about that is that there'll be things for them to run out of to play on with the other couple, especially when the gist of the relationship has ALREADY been played out the past 2 years. I don't know about you all, but I tend to think (because of the timing & the baby steps turning into Sesquash steps so quickly) that by finale there will be some kind of romantic death trap. ;)
    With EDeN, there's so much catching up to do, many things & feelings were unresolved between them, so there is much more for them to play on, imo. They have reconnecting to do, they have trust issues to get past, & they have a very easy chance of turning thier heat into truly loving each other. From what I can see right now with the other couple, there isn't much else for them to go through. So, imo, I say - move on & give this show something REAL & far more passionate....like our EDeN!!

What I still constantly ask is - what was the point of EDeN then? I mean, when you look at the story of 'Miami' as a whole - then what was EDeN's purpose? :confused:
    I don't see how it's possible that it was TPTB's PLAN to have them together intimately & then break them up so that they could wind up being "just friends". :wtf: That is pure stupidity, & I for one do not buy it all.
    There isn't a point in it. However, if TPTB know in the back of thier minds that there's a reunion possible in the future for these 2, then ok - I would take thier time as "just friends" as point made for them to connect in a different way before reuniting. But to leave it out there in this whole story of Miami as the couple who were together, broke up ONLY to become friends is just dumb & there is no point in that.

It doesn't matter how grown up they are, they should have talked about it a long time ago REGARDLESS of how she feels about him or vice versa. Those things don't matter. It's just called respect for someone that you supposedly care about to find out if a situation like that would bother them BEFORE going ahead & doing it.

In my honest to God's opinion, I did not see Natalia as "relaxed"(as some have said) when she asked Eric in 'Burned'. Being nervous, fidgety, & wandering your eyes around the room is far from being relaxed!!
    I think her comments, reaction, gestures...all of it combined...was just enough to show that YES she was a bit jealous & wanted him to clarify what was up - & that does say that there is still some feelings there on her part.
    At the same time though, she was casual enough ( & not nasty) to show us that if there was ever a future for them, his "choices" weren't going to destroy his chances of ever being with her again. Ya know what I mean?

Thank you, it's appreciated. :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I'm a little confused by that too. I mean if like we are hearing that tptb had thought about other storylines since before Natalia was ever on the show, then why did they bring on a new character to be Eric's love interest and keep her as a regular if the were thinking of going different directions storyline wise? That's something I just don't understand. There's a reason there was a relationship between Eric and Natalia besides just for dramatic purposes or whatever. Nor do I believe it was solely for the purpose of opening him up to the idea of a longterm relationship (since they protrayed him as a "serial dater" before or whatever they referred to him as, I can't remember the exact terminology that was used). I have to believe that there's a bigger reason for that.

Well, there are a lot of on again/off again type of couples in Hollywood. Maybe that's what Eden will end up being. They were on then they were off, then they grew closer and looked like they could possibly be on again, but they weren't, so now they're off again. Hopefully someday they will be on again.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^There was actually an article about all that some time ago. It wasn't focused on any one TVcouple, but they were speaking about how it's typical of television shows to take the romantic couple & play the "put them together, break them apart, only to reunite them again" game.

I suppose that is one of the many reasons why I don't give up hope with them. It's all there sitting with the characters for them to play on later....lord knows they haven't summed things up between them, & as far as Im concerned it would have to be death or one of them leaving for me to be convinced that they will never have a future together.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, Friends did that with Ross and Rachel. ;) The one that peeved me off though was Caroline in the City with Caroline and I can't remember his name, but the dude with the glasses lol. That series ended with you not knowing if she stopped her wedding to that other guy to be with... Richard maybe? :lol: Anyway, I usually hate the push and pull stuff, but in this case, I'd love for it to happen again cause I want Eden together. :lol:

14. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Okay, y'all... I'm taking a poll! (I'd do it all officially, but it looks like the only way to do that would be to create a new topic... and it's not that important. So I'll just go the informal route.)

It's been a heck of a long time since I last wrote a fic/made a fanvid. I've been in quite the EDeN-y mood lately and want to do something; either write a fic (maybe I'll try my luck at a songfic!) or make a fanvid. Problem is, I'm having some trouble deciding.

What would my fellow garden dwellers prefer? Fic or fanvid?

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Your fellow gardEN Dwellers don't get both? :hugegrin::hugegrin: ( did ya see what I did there? *snort*)
    Hmm, I don't really know cause I love them both. Fanfics last a little longer, but the videos I absolutely love for the simple fact that it tells the real EDeN story...so I dunno what I would prefer. :shifty:
    I would take anything though, really. :)

I don't mind it if it's done properly & realistically, meaning I wouldn't want to constantly see them fighting just for the sake of TPTB making us THINK they'd break up & then they don't....then they do it repeatedly just to torture us - I don't like that.
    But I definitly think they should be given a chance to see where they can take thier relationship. We all saw how it started & how it sorta ended, but we didn't get to really see them get the chance to explore thier own feelings for each other, & that really peeves me because I honestly think that it would've eventually developed fully & completely....if TPTB hadn't stuck thier story up on a shelf like they did.
    Once Nick was gone, & Natalia was able to bury her past with him, they had a perfect opportunity to let these 2 move forward, & it urks me to no end that they just left it there. That isn't right, nor does it make any sense in this whole 'Miami story' AT ALL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.