Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

Well first things first - wow new thread congrats to all :thumbsup: I come back from college and BOOM:eek:! New thread thats 7 pages filled already :)

Emily may have practiced that kiss on her boyfriend but i'm more than ready and willing to belive that they didnt just do one take...if you catch my drift...:devil: :lol:

Thanks for the animation clip of the kiss - thats totally getting placed on my desktop!
    Eric and Calleigh's promo (because it really was all about them) was just amazing, completly exceeded expectations and it goes to show that CBS know more people will tune in to watch Cal and Eric go Canon than for anyother reason. Smart people them CBS guys i d ohave to say :lol:.
    Its nice that Calleighs the one reasuring Eric of her feelings , i kow shes done it before but i've always felt like Eric had his ways of telling her that he would always be there, so its a good change of pace for her to be reasrring him that no matter what 'it'll be alright'. Such a sweet moment.
    Definatly a tick in the 'long term relationship' box, if you ask me, there is no doubt whatsoever that this relationship has been going on ,in whatever sense, for a while - we know the dance they did around their feelings has lasted two years, and im kinda glad its over - Canon always does it better.

My expectations for 7x16 have just escalated, if possible, and im honestly counting down the days till its shown :)

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

My apologies hiphugger17, you are absolutely correct. I'd only watched the promo once and of course I just concentrated on the E/C scenes, and completely missed what the voiceover said. So, after reading your post I went back and :eek::eek: YEAH... the entire promo was dedicated just to them. I can't stop watching it.

I am hoping for a really touching scene between them when she visits him in the detention center. There's only so much they can do touchy-feely wise since they're in the detention center, but they can convey so much in their expressions and what they say. You know Calleigh will be trying to get Eric to feel better about his situation, assuring him she'll do whatever it takes to see to it he gets out, and is not deported.

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

At one point, didn't Corey Miller say that there would be a storyline with Stetler this season? I might be making that up, and it might be too late in the season already. But if he were to suddenly appear toward the end of the season.. it wouldn't surprise me. I really think that there are going to be issues with Calleigh and Eric. The relationship isn't going to be conflict free.

Plus, it just really seems like they are going to be outed. Ryan mentioned Eric to Calleigh in 7.14, then he's suppose to suspect something in 7.19 and says something else about Cal and Eric keeping secrets in 7.20, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I remember from spoilers.

Anyway, Ryan seems to have it all figured out and I'm sure it won't be long until it gets out and until IAB decides to look into it. So if Stetler does show up, I think it would have to do with E/C. He's always kind of had it out for Horatio's team.

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

You soo can tell that Cal will be surpportive of Eric while in the detention center. Just the way she says that "it is ok" about him telling her his life is a lie is such an indication that no matter she will be there for him and that she doesn't care about who his parents are.

The fact that she even goes to visit him and they show it is huge. Shows she will always be there for him and like you said, fight to bitter end to see him free and vindicated ;)

I would love to see her one on one with his real father!! Man that show down would be awesome :lol:

As far as I know Corey didn't say there would be a specific storyline for Stetler but if you have another source or say it somewhere....do share!! ;) I did ask him once if we would see Stetler again and he said he couldn't comment on the availability or status of the actors but made a point to say that they always love having Stetler around and if given the chance would love to bring his character back.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

That's why I thought he might come back. I was trying to figure out where I got that idea from that Stetler might show up. I think that interview was either back in September or November. I do not remember.

The thing I'm most interested in seeing in 7.16 is Calleigh's emotions. We don't see her show emotion much. Eric, on the other hand, basically wears his heart on his sleeve.

From the promo, it looked like Calleigh was obviously upset about Eric being in the detention center or whatever he was telling her when he said 'My life is a lie'. They're so sweet together. I love it when Calleigh tries to reassure Eric about things.

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I basically agree with everything you said. :D

This revelation about his father isn't going to change the the man he is, it's not going to change the contribution he can make to the lab and to the world, and it's not going to change her feelings for him. And yeah, I'd just looooove to have Calleigh let loose on his biological father. I'm always reading fanfictions involving everyone's fear of pissing off Calleigh because of her proficiency with guns... so Eric's bio dad may find himself without a couple of toes, or lacking an ear, if he ever runs into Calleigh.

Here's something else I've been thinking...

Are Calleigh and H the only team members that are gonna visit him in the detention center? I haven't heard or seen anything to indicate that Eric is going to get any visitors besides his dearly beloved (hehehe, that's right, I called her his "dearly beloved") and his boss. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for E/C spending as much quality time together as possible (even if he's dressed in orange and shackled during part of that time), but I really don't like the current trend in CSI Miami of... well... basically keeping the team apart. Didn't EVERYONE visit Eric in the hospital after he got shot? What happened to the team dynamic after that? Eric and H were there for Calleigh in 714, but that was it. And now, again, it's Calleigh and H there for Eric, no one else. That saddens me.

And now, to get back on topic (even though I fulfill the requirements of posting in this shipper thread with my signature... hehehe...)

I actually welcome a challenge to their relationship. I don't mean that I want them to go through hell, but a few trials and tribulations could serve to strengthen their resolve and their devotion to each other. Bring on Stetler! That'll just light a fire under their butts and motivate them to fight even harder for their right to love each other!

7. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well, actually that would be a scene.... i mean we know that Eric is hitting the guy and then to have a face-to-face with the bullet girl? ok.. maybe i can try concentrating on that scene and stop obsessing about the kiss.... (you know they are days in which i like to fool myself)
    concerning the probable upcoming problems... we know (and they know) that they are strong by themselves, stronger as a team and will find out once the problems arrise that they are even stronger as a couple (i almost wrote family.... NOW i can concentrate on something else...)

at this pace not only that this thread will survive kess days then the #33 but i will start writing not only reading FFs, and i',m soposed to write complitly different things... like for my work

8. electra

electra Pathologist

The spoilers are great.:thumbsup:

I have said this before.I am not so much into ships on CSI shows. .But with Eric and Calleigh the chemistry is so amazing while it is obvious how good friends they are that makes it all different..best relationship of all CSI shows.

I vote for "Going canon,baby".

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I would so love to see Calleigh knock his dad's lights out, her hit him just like Eric does in the spoilers. That'd be cool.

It would get boring if everything was just perfect between them, if there were no trials and tribulations, so certainly they'll have some. Just the fact that there's not supposed to be any fraternization will be cause for some strife, as they try to keep their relationship private, and away from Ryan's prying eyes. And given what they do, there could be some issues with them disagreeing over a case, evidence, etc, and then trying to not take that disagreement home.

I wonder if they would tell Horatio, but no one else, just so that he knows in case something happens, or someone goes to him about their relationship.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Bearing in mind spoilers almost always change, from what I orginally read only H and Calleigh go to visit him in the detention center. Now again, it could have changed and Ryan or someone else could visit as well but I am going to stick with the original spoilers and say that only H and Cal visit him.

I remember reading that ;)

I actually asked Corey about Stetler about a month or so ago and that was the response I got from him.;) Hopefully what he said in the interview holds true and whatever storyline they have in mind for Stetler has something to do with our beloved couple ;)

11. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

WOW!!!! last night at 6pm I was reading page 48 of thread 33 and now less than 24 hours later I'm on page 8 of thread 34-You guys rock!!! I am so looking forward to episode 7/16 it looks awesome from the promo(even if my husband just rolled his eyes while watching me squeal and jump up and down like a child-lol) Do you think that TPTB will continue to add little E/C moments in each episode til the end of the season or will they just torture us by forgetting about them for a couple and then throw us a bone?

12. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

I am so happy right now!!!! So my eyes are a little red from trying to stay up last night after a very busy day at school yesterday but it was so worth it!! :thumbsup:

I cant belive the promo was all about EC! CBS knows whats good for them. Aww Calleigh was so reassuring at the detention center. I think there already together which is a little dissapointing because I wanted to see that moment when they decided to be together but I'm over it. That kiss was delicious:drool: I do think the kiss is alot longer just from how the clips were put together in the promo. There so cute and Calleigh seems so happy.

Anybody think well get an extended promo with them too or its too much?

13. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

*chuckle* I love how most of us are having conversations entirely behind spoiler tags. :D

I think you've got the right idea. H is going to find out. That's what H does. He figures it all out. E/C might as well go to him and fess up before he works it out on his own. He'll probably respect them a lot more for being up front about it... and since we all know what a hero he is, we also know that he'll protect them.

I actually read a really funny fanfic about Stetler finding out about E/C, and threatening to break them up, only to be challenged by H to a game of golf... with the results of their golf game determining whether or not E/C would be permitted to stay in a relationship, hassle-free. Nothing so goofy will happen on the real show, of course, but I can see H moving heaven and earth to protect Eric and Cal.

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, I remember that fic... It was really funny. Kazalene wrote it. I like it that we have these conversations behind spoiler tags...

We are having conversation behind spoiler tags because we're finally going canon, so everything we say about our couple is spoiler... :adore: I'm so happy!!!

Anyway, I would love to see Stetler back. And I would love to see Calleigh defending her relationship with Eric. It would be nice if a case they work on touches them close to the heart... Maybe something about couple who works together and something happens to them... I usually don't like it when everything is done by the book, so them getting married is not something I want. I would like it if, in the very last episode of the show (not the last episode of the season, but the last episode of the entire show) Cal comes to him and tells him that she's pregnant. That would be cute, IMO.

15. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

The promo for next week is already on YouTube!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7J1U8FUIY

...a kiss is still a kiss... I am so excited that they are finally going to hook up! I have been waiting for this since the Pilot episode! I said to myself then, hmmm these two have chemistry.

I can't believe that the promo actually should them kissing. I was expecting just a bit of the promo photos I saw with Eric's hands on Calleigh's shoulders and her hands on his waist, but not an actual kiss! Way to go CSI Miami promo department! Great way to lead up to the end with the kiss with ..."not even a death threat...not even an arrest...can keep them apart!"

In response to others finding out (Stetler). I think that the person or persons taking pictures and following the team in And Their Offed will return and catch them kissing. Eventually the photos will get out and Stetler will find them. Maybe in the season finale??? Anyway I think he will try to discipline them or make them switch shifts, but Horatio will NOT let Stetler do that! Horatio hates Stetler. I think H will dig up some dirt or something on him or something so that won't happen. Stetler is just an ass who has a grudge against Horatio.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.