If WP was to leave will csi survive?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Roosey

Roosey Captain

When Jorja doesn't leave CSI, CSI will survive!

2. LoneWolf13

LoneWolf13 Lab Technician

I'd still watch if Billy left, but it just wouldn't be same. There would be a hole in the show that just couldn't be filled.

3. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

i definetly think there will not be as many viewers (the number will be divided by like, 10!) but i think the show would still continue for a couple more seasons. I mean there are many replacement possibilities (cath could take grissom's place, and they could hire another CSI... they could certainly invent a "CSI without Grissom" story, although we all know it wouldn't be the same and as good as CSI with grissom in it.

4. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Yes. CSI isn't about Grissom for the average viewer. It's about the gross out factor. :p

5. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

As long as they keep Grissom ,Sara and Greg, I'll watch...but yes, No Grissom, No CSI ;)

6. NickyStokes

NickyStokes Hit and Run

Okay, started reading this thread tonight, where did WP mention leaving? I would still watch it but like someone else said "something would be missing" a hole that cannot be filled....I honestly hope that he doesn't decide to leave....

7. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Didn't Billy said he would leave CSI after season 7 due to his heart condition?....He'll go back to Chicago theater......actually I think 7 seasons are perfect....we don't need 20 years CSI :rolleyes:

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Petersen & Tassler Discuss Damages-Benefits Of Spin-Offs.

Petersen's concern over the spin-offs might be short lived. Last year, the actor revealed his ongoing health problems had caused him to ask for fewer hours on the set of CSI, resulting in less screen time for Gil Grissom. This year, the actor said fans may soon have to say goodbye to the bug man for good. "The first three or four [seasons], I was dying. It was an excessive amount of stress. We were working nights and days. Nobody slept, and I developed heart problems."

"The show can go on without me, and probably will, but I want to come back to act in Chicago," he continued. "My wife and I just bought a condo downtown, and I want to do theater."

Its also being discussed in this thread, If William Petersen were to leave, who would replace him?

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think it would survive but different thing is, do they want to continue.
    There's been lots of shows where you always say "it won't survive when he/she leaves" but still those have done well...

I voted "yes" btw

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Van Halen continue it's success and even become a bit more popular after David Lee Roth left?

11. Steph

Steph Prime Suspect

In my opinion, I think If Billy leaves, the show will be just "good" for awhile (not "great" like it is now), but in the long run, CSI won't last in it's once glorious light. Grissom is the character that makes the show what it is. The other characters are popular and add alot to the show, but the writers will never try to put one of them in Grissom's place (like Catherine)because nobody can! Grissom is such a unique scientific character that cannot be replaced!

12. KateGibbs

KateGibbs Dead on Arrival

Hello

I don`t know if CSI would survive but I tend to "Yes".
    The Fans and the TPTB should give CSI, in the case of the case, a chance. It is only fair to Gary, Jorja, all other actors, atuhors. But also the crew behind the scenes " like camera man, security,..... There are surely depend many jobs and familys. So a Cancelation would meet a few hundred persons. I think it depends, how "TPTB" would do it.

Anne

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think It would survive. It would not be the same without WP but It will go on. I am sure of that. Afterall it IS the number one show and Wp is not the only reason for that.

14. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

it would survive cos look at the reviews Ellie and Gum Drops had

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I think CSI will make it without William though he will be greatly missed. The ratings game may be rough for the show at first but I honestly see it being able to persevere in the end. IMHO the key to continued success for CSI would be to not try and 'replace' Grissom with some random guy but instead allow the other character to continue to develop and grow. Couple that with really strong storylines and writing and the show should survive.