Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

A friend of mine PM'd me the news a week ago but since it hadn't been confirmed we were keeping tight-lipped.
    I was hoping it was just a rumor - my poor Eva, she seemed so happy.
    I wish her the best, as always. ;)
    Now I REALLY want Natalia/Eva to have the best next season!!! They better give her something good. :shifty:

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Aww... just because the engagement is no more doesn't mean she's no longer happy! Take it from someone who has plenty of experience enjoying the single life!

Are there any hints that there'll be a Natalia-themed episode(s) next season? If so, I just might have to start watching this show again!

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I just meant she seemed so happy with him. She always sounded like she dreaded the dating game, so I hate for her to have to go through all that again - I know it wouldn't want to if I ever was ever single again.

Anyway - she'll do fine, I know she will - she's EVA LARUE!! :p

I'm pretty sure they'll want to finish this season before giving any clues about the next. I've heard not a peep from any sources. You're the second person this week that's said they would start watching again ONLY if things changed on the show.
    I'll give you a poke when it's necessary to resume watching. ;)

Always good to see you back though, Rissa. :)

4. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Ouch. That kind of sucks. I'm sure she'll make it through just fine, but agreeing with what mjszud said, going through the dating fiasco again will probably be a bear... Hopefully she'll find someone soon ;) Better yet, she'll enjoy the single life for a while!

But yeah, Natalia story-arc, please!
    I'm pretty sure the HUMMER has gotten more screen time than her! :lol:

I'm just trying to think of what they could do with her...
    Maybe she'll get shot? Captured? Have a party? :p
    They've got to think of something...

Ideas?

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, that's the plus side here - they haven't done anything major dramatically with her yet so there is still LOADS to do with her!! I can't imagine what they could do with her for the rest of this season because she hasn't had any type of "foreshadowing moments"...unless they want to conclude off of some season 4 drama. I won't go there though in this thread. ;)

Point is, there is a lot that can surface. I still want to know WHY she became an FBI informant. Did she do something wrong & have to become the mole for that reason :wtf:. So many questions about that whole thing that I feel they left "loose". Oh well....

A source of a source said that producers have major plans for Natalia's future. As to whether or not that still sticks, who knows.
    I hope so. Eva is fabulous, & Natalia is just that type of character I think they could do anything with & make it seem real.
    I for one am holding on to next season. Miami pattern seems to be the '2year arc/story' & then it rolls into other things, so I'm thinking season 8 will be good for her. Well good for us but probably bad for Nat just because TPTB love thier overloaded drama ...lord only knows what they'll do to torture our girl. :lol:
    Bring on the tragedies, Im ready for Eva & Natalia!!!! :thumbsup:

BTW, I know this will sound so incredibly harsh but I'd love to see her be a victim of sexual abuse & the outcome be her pregnant. *runs from thrown objects*
    Sorry :p I know I sound evil but it's something that none of the franchise has ever done with a character, & on the plus side I'd love to see someone be pregnant & go through all the emotions & it not be the typical "lovey dubby/everything's perfect" storyline. On another plus side, Eva would be absolutely brilliant in showing the emotions. ;)

6. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Yeah, I'm sorry for my absence here. It's tough to post when I'm not watching the show. I just couldn't take the show's f*ckery anymore. I'm so over it and have been for a while. But I did tell my mom, who still watches it, to let me know if Miami becomes anything besides the Horatio, Calleigh, and/or Eric Show. Because then... then I just might have to start tuning in again.

I'll take anything at this point!

But I'd love to see Natalia just kick ass on a case. Tackling perps on the streets, roughing 'em up in interrogation, and saving the day! :p

7. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Yeah, well you're not missing much... especially since it looks like we'll be having reruns for a while...:rolleyes: I agree, those 3 have kind of taken over the show lately. Although I hear the next new episode will be more centered on Ryan, so hopefully that'll be worth watching. :thumbsup:

Amen! Seeing her at all would be nice :lol: What gives? She's had like ZERO screen time lately! I can't wait to see her on screen again :) Anything significant will be nice, preferably more than 3 lines!

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wish they had done more with her in the last epi. Corey made the comment that she was going to start showing an emotional side to the victims/cases & whatnot - this they have slightly shown, & I do like it. However, I would love to see them expand it much more.
    That last episode when she was at the hospital with Tammy you could tell she was wearing her heart on her sleeve a bit, then in the end it was Horatio the Great to the rescue. I love H & all, but it would've been nice to see Natalia also searching for Tammy & having a nice scene between her & the victim that she earlier had kinda "connected" with....there should've been at least something.

I hope that her new "change" will go beyond just showing her be nice to people. Perhaps it could bring on something of a bigger storyline later. I hope so; I have to admit I'm all too curious about where TPTB are going with it - that is if they ever plan to get there. :rolleyes:

9. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good folks! Sorry I haven't posted here for a while. Been busy!
    Yeah, unfortunately Eva and Joe have called it quits before they approached the altar. From what I have read, Eva was on a radio interview where I guess the hosts were congratulating her on the future wedding, shortly thereafter she announced that the wedding was canceled and they had broken up. She said something to the effect that her and Joe's current life routines and habits began to conflict with the relationship. This sounds reasonable, given that both had been married twice previously, the two simply did not want to go down that road a again. Eva also had Kaya to think about.

So, at least to me there sounds as if some wisdom was put to use here. Better they break it off now than have their possible marriage quickly turn sour.

10. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

i would like a shot but i think thatd just be heart breakin lol i think captured would happen before a shootin! ill take anything though!! i wish theyd give her more screen time though! :rolleyes: she doesnt really have any screen time anymore and it gets aggravatin :scream: i love watchin her act! shes so good at it!!!!

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

If I had to choose between captured or shot, I would vote captured, only because when the characters are shot then all they do is lay on the ground & bleed, then they're in the hospital. It's not much to chew on for the actor. I'd much rather see something huge & emotional that Eva could really sink her teeth into. Some tears, some anger, a little blood wouldn't hurt....there's just so much I KNOW Eva could do with her character if TPTB would get thier heads out of thier arse & put some focus on (what I consider) the best talent they have on this show!

12. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

I agree, but in a way I'd rather see her kick some ass than see her play the 'damsel in distress' role. Not that she wouldn't do either role amazingly, but I feel that sometimes they give the female CSIs weaker roles to make the guys seem stronger. Let's see some girls kick ass for once! Plus, I know that Eva would totally rock at it ;)

I dunno, maybe someone could try to capture her, but she'd do some roundhouse kick kung fu thing and have them on their stomach with their face in the pavement! Sounds like an awesome episode to me! :D

But yeah, if TPTB did decide to go the 'captured' route with her, I'd like to see her at least try to fight back. I like seeing her like that!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^Oh don't get me wrong. I said I wanted to see her captured & show tears & ANGER. The angry side would be her freeing herself & kicking the crap out of this dude :thumbsup:.... or I'd take her killing him in self defense. ;)

14. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

i could see her fighting someone off! esp with the shoes she wears!!!! i think it would be good if they did all of it in one! like had her kidnapped and the tears and anger comes out but also after awhile be able to kick the crap out of the guy! i think killing the person would be awesome too!!!!! it always seems like it always has to do with calleigh now. i mean dont get me wrong i like calleigh i think she pretty but her accent seems fake to me and it gets annoyin! ill take whatever though just as long as she gets so more screen time!!!! i do think now that she is a csi and does more stuff with horatio that somethin will happen in the long run with her but its just takin some time! but i guess well find out! oh, my mom and aunt both said eva was so cute the other day!!!! i kinda laughed! just thought id share that!

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I adore Eva, she's just brilliant. :)

Yeah, between those high heels & her long legs she could definitly hurt a man if she wanted too. :lol:
    She's definitly taken on a new role being Horatio's "sidekick/leading lady" here lately. I do think there is a specific reason for it ...& no it isn't a "love" thing. I kinda get the feeling that there is going to be a big transition made somewhere at some point, afterall, this show HAS been running it's course for 7 years now, & the heavy spotlight seems to be on Calleigh & at a very odd time in the series. Something "behind the scenes" might change. I suspect we will see more Natalia in the next season when TPTB are done making the past 2 years all about Emily/Calleigh. Seems a little fishy, I say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.