Sid Hammerback - The coroner with the coolest glasses.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Daquien, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think this is the major thread for Hammerback - I apologize if I bumped the wrong one.

But Sid needs more love! :D

Here's an interview from the Philippine Daily Inquirer that I used for a news article last night. It turns out Sid's signature glasses are actually Bob's glasses in real life. ;) Awesomesauce!

2. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Sid does deserve more love.
    He's been in since season two and is such a unique character.
    I'm thrilled he and Adam are in the opening theme song. They're not reoccurring guests! They're regulars!
    His glasses are so cool, and go perfectly with his quirky personality.

I know that he was divorced and has two daughters with his current wife.
    Does anyone know more about him?

3. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Ahhhh, Sid Hammerback!

AKA, Bob Joy lol

I love Robert, he's an awesome actor...I don't know if any of you guy's have ever seen "Land of the Dead" but he's in that, one of the supporting actors throughout the movie...he plays a special guy, a little slow in the head, got a burned up face...hell of a shot with a gun though!

Pretty much saves the day :)

Yeah, good film you should check it out. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, Sid's glasses are the coolest, and his sense of humor makes me LOL big time...when he's always coming out with sexual refrences infront of Mac & Stella...cracks me up.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

This information makes me love him even more. :D

I think Robert is a great actor. TPTB made the right decision when they hired him!

5. adamandeva

adamandeva Witness

i love sid to and his glass is soo cool and the patr whith him and mac in 4.18 is so great

hopeing for more sid moments

6. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Aw, no recent posts for Sid? Poor guy!

Um, what can I say? Love, love, love those glasses of his! And I'm so glad he's in the opening credits.

It was kinda freaky how he knew so much about Stella's love life in Party's Over, and I loved his quip about the evidence bag not matching her dress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSWoSy5d5U Here's a small vid I found of him on youtube. It's very brief.

7. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I love not just the glasses, but the quick wit, and also his serious side.

Ok, we have focused on all the other major characters. Let's see more about Sid. I wanna see (or at least HEAR ABOUT) his family. I'm sure, like all the others, he has some major dark moments in his life. How did that/they affect him?

Attention to TPTB: Can we have more Sid, just for an ep or two? PLEASE????

8. Carrieattheprom

I think he mentioned having a daughter in an earlier season. I think he might also have been divorced at some point and has since remarried, if my memory serves me right.

9. Uberniftacular

Uberniftacular Victim

I think he may actually have been divorced more than once. I remember him making a comment, though I can't recall which episode, about getting very drunk while celebrating his first divorce...which indicates to me that he's been divorced more than once.

Also, Sid is awesome.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I remember the comment he made about falling down the stairs drunk in celebration of his divorce as well. When Sid is rushed to the hospital after Stella saved him (he ate something he was allergic to - I think) Stella mentions something about that he has a wife and a daughter. Also, I'm pretty sure an another episode he commented that the victim looked a lot like his daughter.

He also one time started telling Hawkes about a threesome he was in, and Hawkes was like "Uh... I have to go now".

11. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Ahhhh, "That Creepy Place". Yeah, I like his stories sometimes, and of course, many of them start going to "That Creepy Place"! Love how Hawkes reacts!!!!

12. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I've re-watched that particular episode today and I couldn't stop laughing during that bit :guffaw:He kept giving details and poor Hawkes -who it was obvious never did a threesome- was feeling so embarrassed. I bet his cheeks were burning hot.

It mind sound creepy, but I'd love to have Sid tell me some of his stories. He always has one for every case.

13. Carrieattheprom

Wasn't there an episode from an earlier season where he talks about "necking" with a dead guy in front of Stella? What he really meant was checking the neck wound for trace or something, but or course Stella thought he meant something else... Sid corrected her though.

I kind of liked him cooking the heart(?) in the microwave in The Triangle, Hawkes had done the same thing with a rib in (I think) Bad Beat back in season one.

14. thecreepyplace

thecreepyplace Hit and Run

Haaahaa, yeah.
    I loved when he was talking about threesomes to Hawkes and he just looked so awkward! ahah. :lol:

15. Carrieattheprom

I laughed so hard at the talk about threesomes. Hawkes' reaction was priceless!