If WP was to leave will csi survive?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Feb 14, 2006.

1. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

I think that CSI could survive if William Petersen did decide to leave. They could never replace the bugman, but it is possible to have the show continue without him.....and i agree with littlebit411 ....grissom has always let his guys do their own thing, and make their own decisions, but he was there to help out if needed. The show could go on without him, if everyone decided to do that.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I honestly think the show will be fine if William Petersen decided to leave the show. I would be upset as I find his character so interesting, I could watch Grissom for hours! :lol: But to be honest I think the rest of the cast will do a fine job. :)

3. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

i think it will survive,,,they always have catherine to lean on or something,,,but if he does leave and they take csi off then eric szmanda will be out of a job and i wont see him everyweek and we cant have that,,,now can we

4. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

I think it will survive but it won't be as good. WP is the one who carries the whole of CSI. He basically is CSI. If and when he does leave he will be missed by every CSI fan. :(

-------------------------------------------

"What we gain by science is, after all, sadness." Thomas Hardy

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Could it? Perhaps. But SHOULD it? Erm... no.

That'd be like Van Halen without David Lee Roth, Metallica without Cliff Burton. That'd be like a Browning High-Power with a 10-round magazine. Like a Mustang with a 4-cylinder. Like... like... like connecting to the internet via dialup. Just... WRONG in every sense of the word.

6. X05

X05 CSI Level One

yes, I think CSI: would do fine without Grissom. I think I'd miss him though, after awhile. He adds an interesting dimension to it all.

7. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

A thousand times yes. Honestly, I've never understood the appeal. He's nowhere near my favorite character. I think he's just so much more detached than any of the other characters--even Sara. I love when he is full of emotion (LH eps and GD come to mind) but unfortunately that doesn't happen much IMO.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I think as mentioned in the thread that CSI would so not be the same without Gil, he is an amazing character. Besides Lady Heather, he intrigues me the most. All the characters definately play thier part. Catherine would do a great job as the high up CSI but for me it be like I would feel my heart thump and my breathe gasp without my fav bug guy ever.

9. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I dont think it will... people tend to stop watching if one of their characters dies... soo the ratings will drop and eventually... next thing you know... your sitting watching reruns hoping that they will bring your Nicky back to you! -shakes head in disappointment-

10. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Of course, it wouldn't.

... Oh wait, maybe it could.

Definitely NO.

11. WolfeSanders

WolfeSanders CSI Level One

I think that CSI would survive without him, but I know alot of people that like Grissom and some of them only watch it because of him. So I don't really know.

12. AznxCSI

AznxCSI Witness

I would really be sad if he left. A lot of people would be. But I still think people would watch even though he left, it just won't be the same.

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I don't think it would, long term. Folks might tune in for the first few eppys to see what it's like without Grissom, but I think the "average" viewer would tune out fairly quickly. Too much change for alot of folks, with the show missing it's star. ONe or two eppys without him is one thing, but an entire season? I honestly don't think the average "non-fanatic" viewer would continue to tune in. I know I certainly wouldn't. The other characters are "good", but I do think it's Grissom's presence and interaction with them that make them "great". And frankly, if WP bows out at the end of S7 when contracts are up, I suspect at least one or two other major players will follow him out the door. He's not the only one with other irons in the fire, or who desires to go onto different things.

14. GregsLover

GregsLover Prime Suspect

i think it can go on without him. But it won't be the same to the people who have been with it since season one. It will miss that.....thing/feeling he brings to the show

15. Warsteiner

Warsteiner Hit and Run

I think it will go on.He isnĀ“t the only reason why people watch csi,but i will miss him if he leaves!