The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

After seeing Nick in the closet in "Leave Out The Rest", I guess it was Greg's turn to make a reference to the closet! :lol: And you're right, Dizzney, this line: "how much do you get paid for staying in the closet?" have SO MANY MEANINGS to it...on so many levels....;)

In "Miscarriage of Justice", we got one more glimpse of Riley replacing Sara in the sense that they have this brother-sister relationship that CSI producers, writers and the actress herself, have repeteadly mentioned in interviews.

Exactly. And probably, they were playing footsie under the table :devil: It reminded me of one of the best Nick/Greg scenes ever : sitting in front of each other at the dinner in "Rashomama" where Nick was looking directly at Greg while saying: "Marriage is a public declaration of love".

Sitting in front of each other ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I was pretty sure the line Greg said was "How much do they pay you for standing in the closet." But either way it was pretty cool. It was nice to see Nick and Greg interacting again, was an unexpected pleasure. The entire episode was great, CSI back to its old self.

[​IMG]

A screen cap for ya -Who is Nick looking at? Why Greg of course!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. Maggs

Maggs Hit and Run

Great episode! And not just for the subtext and boys, but that certainly made it more special :) Loved the case, the science, and Langston too!

Just to confirm - it was STANDING in the closet, but that does nothing to change the meaning of that scene.

Greg, wearing the tightest pants imaginable, asks the well-dressed pretty boy watching him (and his tight pants), how much he gets paid to stand in the closet and then he follows up with, “right, they don’t pay you to talk”. A pretty boy doing a brainless job that doesn’t require talking? I think Greg was implying he knew how the guy got the assignment. It was very dominant moment for Greg who usually isn’t dominant in those situations. He wouldn’t speak like that to a guy with a straight vibe, someone who acted and looked like Vartann or Brass. There was definitely an understanding between the two of them in that moment.

Couple that later with Nick’s all-knowing line about the dead guy, “I get it. Humphries was the congressman’s little bitch.” So while Greg’s in the closet with the congressman's lawyer’s little bitch, Nick is talking about Humphries being one. I enjoyed that little parallel.

I also loved the conversation about Riley. It reminded me of the time Nick was pissed that Greg seemed to know about Grissom and Sara and didn’t tell him. This time we got to see them privately discussing their coworker and it felt like something they do all the time when they are alone and was good continuity from when Warrick was mentioned between them.

Now for the most obscure/funniest symbolism award…

The Nick and Greg processing the gun and bullets scene (Bobby must have been on vacation!)

What would Freud say about this scene? We see Nick load his pistol, yell he’s about to fire, insert the pistol in the black box, and then fire it. As the bullet travels, the camera pans over black and ends up with Greg on screen. LOL Kind of like how they had Greg taking photos the other week and then panned to Nick’s ass being in the lens, but then showed the contractor was taking pictures too. Funny choices for fans of subtext even if accidental, then again there used to be a lot of those types of cuts for Grissom and Sara. Like in Swap Meet when the woman was talking to Grissom about temptation and just as she said “girl at the office” the frame went to Sara in the next room.

While I was cracking up and sharing my interpretation of the bullet scene, my husband said, “I think you’re really reaching on the Freudian subtext of that scene, but a straight guy wouldn’t wear those tight pants, so that's all the evidence you need.” LOL

The voice over at the end was “Team work” and then Greg says “Makes the dream work.” Aww :lol:

4. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Love your analysis (and your fics), Maggs :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly, you really hit the nail on the head with this comment. Those three scenes from three different episodes ("A La Cart", "Young Man With a Horn" and "Miscarriage of Justice) just scream "domesticity", Nick and Greg acting like an old married couple ;)

I like your Freudian interpretation of the bullet scene. I've always thought that some Nick/Greg scenes in some way, mirror Grissom/Sara scenes from the past. For years, the writers have used that kind of symmetries, symbolisms and hints for both ships.

Love the pic, Wojo! Thanks for posting it. Bright eyes when he's looking at Greg.....As always ;)

If they don't put Nick and Greg right next to each in every cafe/diner/restaurant/breakfast scene, the boys may end having torticollis trying to look at each other while ignoring the person who is sitting between them! :lol:

Just like they did in "The Grave Shift":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  5. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Great caps seabird and Wojo! They only have eyes for one another, just like here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cath seems to feel very out of place...;)

Also, Maggs, I love the way you analyzed the scene where Nick loaded the gun - sooo telling and like you so rightly pointed out there have been a lot of those subtextual scenes with GSR...

(Sorry if I am not making a lot of sense, my son keeps interrupting me:()

6. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Does anyone have a screen cap of Greg's tight pants?

7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

LoneWolfe,

Please remember that your posts must contain three lines of on topic discussion. If you don't have anything else to say about the relationship between Nick and Greg, hold off on asking your questions until you do have discussion or PM someone in the thread who might have an answer for you.

Thank you.

8. brom

brom Victim

I completely agree with that Freudian Interpretation, it was beautiful. I was watching Living Doll again, and almost died. When Grissom was talking about how Natalie Davis lost the only person she ever loved, and now she was going to make grissom lose his, In the background Greg looks away from Grissom to somewhere off screen, andalmost immediately the camera cuts to Nick. Had I not been with my parents(who would not have understood and it may have led to awkward questions...) I would have jumpped and squeeled!

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

LoneWolfe, I wish I had some screen caps of Greg's very tight pants! :lol:

This was their exchange of looks in "Living Doll". Very telling, don't you think? ;)

[​IMG]

Someone mentioned earlier that one of the "evidences" of The Love (besides of the flirting, the touching, the glances...) was that they really care for each other.

The other day I found this scene from "After The Show" where the boys clearly were sticking up for each other. Greg was trying to help Nick with the promotion and Nick was happy to see Greg on the field:

IN THE OFFICE

SARA: "I would take you and me over Catherine anytime"
    NICK: "She's got Greg helping her?
    SARA: "Yeah"
    NICK: "Well, the only way to learn is by getting out in the field and if he helps find her, I'm okay with that"

IN THE LAB

(Catherine and Greg sort through some trash)

CATHERINE: "Remember, we're looking for anything this guy did last Thursday November 6"
    GREG: "So, I know Warrick's off and Sara's pissed. Why not ask Nick to help?"

Sweet Greggo......:adore:

10. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

I´m a bit confussed about Nick/Greg friendship. Did they go out or have sex with women? I believe they refer to that in some episodes. Are they gay or bisexual?
    I don´t know.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

First, welcome to the Fort Fiorella.

Well, I believe that Nick was in denial in the beginning and hid his sexuality even to himself. Which is the reason for the whole Kristy mess. IMHO Nick is still in the closet except to Greg, who on the other hand may in fact be bisexual - given his crush on Sara and his flirtatious nature with both her and Nick. Hope that helps your confusion.

Anyone else have any insights on this?

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm pretty sure that Greg is bisexual, he's confident with girls and boys. He's sometimes such a flirt. Nicky - he was in first season in denial, that's why we saw Kristy, and very odd dating with one detective. But all happened in first season. In second one he flirted more with Greg, he startet to wear tight pants :)devil::lol:). And what was the most shocking - in few eps some guys were saying to him hi and smiling. From where he knew all these men? My personal favorite is Bodies In The Motion - unnamed detective gave him a big grin.

And of course, welcome Fiorella:)

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the Fort Fiorella!

Hm, I'd have to agree with Greg being bi. He's too much of a flirt to limit himself to just one gender. ;):thumbsup:

Nick on the other hand ... He's definitely in the closet. And like Deirdre said he only "really" dated once in nine seasons and that was a detective who he wasn't to keen on seeing again :p. He never really dated Kristy, my guess is he just wanted to proof to himself that he was straight and failed miserably.
    There was no woman mentioned through season two to six if I recall correctly. In S6 there was this blonde woman but that was so out of character for Nick to just leave Cath at that bar. I think TPTB thought it necessary to reinstate Nick's straight cowboy image :rolleyes:. After that no woman was mentioned.
    And Greg never really mentioned a girlfriend after S1.

I'm not sure about the policeman in Bodies in Motion. I've always thought the cops just wanted to make sure he was alright after his ordeal. But I have to watch it again to make sure.

Seems that the last episode was a good one for our boys. Loved your analysis Maggs! Just wished I could watch it myself :(. Anyway, great screencap seabird! We can always count on you! It's just so cute, the two of them always seeking each other out while sitting in a diner. They just can't keep their eyes off each other! :devil:

14. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I'll see what I can do. ;) I've stopped watching new eps...since I'm half way through s8 I've decided to just watch them all when I get there..so technically I'm behind 2 eps, though I'm not worried about being spoiled or anything. I'll get some caps soon. :D

If you want me to cap Nicky's butt too, I'm sure I can arrange something. :p

Great caps. They've done that quite a few times in s8, and they've been working together more, which is brilliant.

Yeah, I've noticed that Nick especially is always there with a good word about Greg, or any word, really. It's lovely.

And that's part of why, as fantastic as Greg is, it will always be Nicky for me. He's so adorable, sometimes it makes me ache. :adore: He's sweet and compassionate and friendly, he always seems to know what the right thing to say is, he relates to everyone pretty equally, he's passionate about his work, yet cheerful. He's brave and daring, but clever and intelligent enough to know what to do. He's human, and has human failings, but while he fixes his mistakes and admits when he's wrong, he doesn't apologize for those failings, just deals with it, straightforward.

Seriously, every time Nick does or says something, it just make me love him more. *sighs*

I agree, the blond at the start of s7 really struck me as an attempt to reinforce his image, cause really there's not a lot to found it. A few little things in s1 and the odd comment that is completely buried in paperclip Nicky moments. Nice try TPTB, but we're smarter than that. Nick is still much less heterosexual than you'd like to believe. :hugegrin:

But while there's very little to confirm any inherent straightness on Nick's part, while Greg will flirt with just about anyone. He really strikes me as the 'anything goes' type. His brash flirting hides his insecurity, but it also tells us something about him.

My favorite line from Nick...and man, I can't remember the ep...I'd look for it, but Hubby is watching something so I can't force him to let me flip through episodes looking for an exchange. :lol:

Anyway, Warrick says something like 'You ever been hit by one of these,' gesturing to the rather large lady's bag and Nick replies simply, 'No. Gentlemen don't get hit with those.'

Could my heart be anymore melty? :adore: That's my Nicky, right there.

15. brom

brom Victim

I believe that was in The Good, The Bad and the Dominatrix. It was a really good episode. Who was the detective that he dated? I really don't remember her... But yes I agree that that whole Kristy fiasco was just Nick trying to cover. It seemed like he wanted everyone to know tha the had sex with her. He was talking to Ecklie and was all "You will find my DNA there..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.