Deleted Danny and Lindsay Scene!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 20, 2009.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Won't watch, not interested in watching, don't want to watch. Could care less about those two more than ever now.

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

This I agree with - I would have rather had a deleted scene than what CBS gave us.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I actually like the "Snow Day" kiss, too. I think it's interesting that Lindsay has always been the sexual aggressor with Danny, but I like that. It's different than the stereotypical "city boy meets country girl and changes because of her" that they usually go for with these two. It's just a shame, because I think I could have been on board with the pairing--or at least much more so--had it gone a less cliched route, like the way it did in season three.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm not surprised that they made a D/L fanvid (so to speak) - I'm pretty sure they've done them for GSR before.

I'd rather see some deleted scenes (not just romantic ones), bloopers, behind-the-scenes videos and stuff like that instead of the network uploading fan video crap. *sigh*

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree with that, I used to love the whole idea of Danny and Lindsay when it seemed to be more fun with Lindsay doing all the work- im not sure if thats probably the right way to put it. But now it is definatly the other way around. After season 2 I always felt they left it hanging with something missing. I actually think that the beginning of season 3 with the DL 'confusion' would have made much more sence if that scene had been played seeing as they wouldnt have been seen to be 'forcing' it so much, but thats my view :)

I'd love some bloo[ers or deleted scenes, or even behind the scenes so we could see the guys having fun :)

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...yeurgh. Couldn't resist peeking into the abyss. Feel like I need to brush my teeth now. May even hafta floss... :p

Um.

Well, I suppose that lil' vid will make some happy. I'm not one of 'em. :lol:

Does rather seem like a fanvid with an agenda.

I didn't mind Lindsay so much in S2. But I'm glad they cut it, as I thought the focus of emotion in Charge of This Post should surely have been Flack. I don't think putting a kiss in there woulda done either one of them any favours given the wider context of the storyline. And at least Danny and Lindsay had most of one season as independent personalities.

Even in hindsight I can't really wrap my head around how that mighta gone down had they aired it back then, or how it mighta nuanced S3. Well, 'nuanced' is a poor word choice where Belknap's performances are concerned. I still think the Dark Secret emo drama woulda done the same overall damage with or without an S2 kiss as a moment between them. And her behaviour towards Danny in S3 and S4 wouldn't necessarily have come off any better at all IMO for her having initiated a past kiss. I don't even think it woulda served well as some sort of teaser for the off-season.

Man. First the lily flower caps, and then the vid. I really need to not go Clicky so soon after eating. :lol: ack. No clicky. No.

Fan/music vid was bleh, especially from the network. If it hadda be done, just air the scene. Fans woulda been all over it soon enough to put their own stuff together. The network might perhchance put the time and effort into the production of the the shows, not fanvids after the fact? But yes, they'd see it as part of promoting the show (and catering to a cache of viewers) I'm sure.

While this was a clip of a deleted scene, I'm sure there are tonnes of other scenes cut from eps I'd be more interested in watching, and, as others have already suggested, bloopers, out-takes, re-takes, interviews, commentary, off-camera moments, on location behind-the-scenes stuff, etc.

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

*Yawn* Fanvid crap *more yawns*

well, CBS almost confirmed my hypothesis they put DL together this season because they *want* to sell DVDs and i guess S4 DVDs weren't that popular in DL fanbase

i don't have any intention to watch this kind of crappy fanvids made or not by CBS. Of course it's just another way to please that part of the audience but hey! we are here! we also exist and we can't tolerate anymore crappy episodes, seasons or storylines, remember?

besides i don't know why that particular group of fans are pleased after they have said many times "why should we watch CSI NY this season?" and last week i read "Is there anything more important than 5.17 and DL to CSI NY? or something like that

*****meditation music to calm me down******

I need to say if they kiss meanwhile Don was dying...well i wish i knew before because it could explain their behaviours along all these seasons *roll eyes*

I am not worried about the fact Danny not thinking about Don because i always thought their so-called- friendship was just running in one direction (Don's) . Yes, they have just shared great moments but when it comes to "be there for you" i feel Mac and Don are much alike (They are my fav Slash couple :D ) and faithful to each other despite of how different they can think sometimes

BTW i read in a another blog, message board or forum the big surprise they had for DL fans could have been their engament (but for some reason that scene was edited, deleted or never been filmed) on 5.14 but i don't know if that's true

Debbs *yawn* (god i need CSI NY back to normal S1 or S4 would be fine!)

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Thanks for the link for the non-US peeps.

I think it'a a good thing that they didn't show the kiss in Charge of This Post. Flack was injured and Danny didn't have the courtesy to stay at the hospiyal for more than 30 seconds, if they would have aired the kiss, it would have been awful.

9. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I didn't really want to see it but the morbidly curious part got the better of me and off the click went. :eek: I shall never let that part of me stray again. Ayayay. :(

I was fascinated with DL at first especially during Lindsay's first appearance but after seeing how it was unfolding, i got too annoyed so I'm pretty biased to say that I hate Lindsay and feel bad for Danny's bad taste because he's a really great character/guy if he would just lose the blinders on his eyes and see the horrific thing that Lindsay is doing for hs character and storyline.

I have to wash my eyes out now. :shifty:

10. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Well, I liked it! It was very sappy sweet.....(I like sappy sweet okay?!) I am confused as to why they made it, though.....there are about a million fanvideos out there, why did CBS decide to make one???? And what was the point? I still thought it was very sweet.....but I am confused.....:confused:

11. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks a lot! I just had to watch it. But, really, is this the official CBS version? Are you telling me the person who uploaded it for people outside the US did not touch it at all? Come.on. I disagree, this isn't a fanvid. Fanvids are way better and less cheesy. It made me wanna puke and destroy. So, your friend nearly died from a blast and now he's half-dead lying in a hospital bed, what do you do? Obvious! You don't mourn. You kiss the girl who's been after you lately just because *facepalm* I'm so glad the didn't air that bit.

12. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

I cant help but agree and say it was just really sappy, a little too sappy for my taste.

I am intrigued by it and really wish we could have just gotten the entire cut scene as opposed to a compilation of scenes that we've already seen.

I really miss Season 2 Danny and Lindsay - as individuals and as a possible pairing (since it wasnt clear that they'd turn into something back then), I liked how Lindsay wasnt your typical "Im a sheltered country girl whos moved to NY and I meet the bad boy of the NYPD", she was more the aggressor like a few people have already said - and I really enjoyed the idea of Lindsay chasing after Danny and having that obvious crush on him.

13. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

If I were a fan of the pairing, I might sort of like this video. But it is weird that CBS would make a shipper video, since there are plenty of those already on youtube. Name the pairing and the fandom, and you'll probably find a video to go with it.

It's a little hard to judge the deleted scene without it being in the proper context. But if it is from Charge of This Post, I'm guessing that Lindsay was trying to comfort Danny(kinda like Danny did with Rikki after Ruben's death.)

As for Danny and Lindsay leaving the hospital, I'm still of the opinion that the writers had wanted Mac to be alone with Flack, since the main focus of that episode(emotionally) was Mac's reaction to Flack's injuries and reliving the death of the solider who had died in Mac's arms. What the writers should have done though, is have D/L go down to the cafetieria or something. Oh, well. What's done is done.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Maybe this is a test to see how many people go buy the (CBS artist's) song featured in the video. Like, 'Oh, I have to have this song now!' or something.

(I still haven't watched the video, so I don't know what the song sounds like, but I can imagine a lot of people might want the song because it's on an 'official' ship video, so to speak. *shrug*)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Zuiker and his damn cross-platforming. :rolleyes: :shifty: