Deleted Danny and Lindsay Scene!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This video was posted on YouTube by CBS--it's a vid for "Danny & Lindsay fans." At the end of the video, it features a kiss between the two that didn't air. I'm pretty sure it's from "Charge of This Post"--I remember back when that episode aired something was supposed to happen between them and nothing did. I guess we finally know what it was!

For those that can't see/don't want to watch, the scene is just Lindsay reaching up and kissing Danny, pulling him to her. It's interesting because while I've never been a fan of the pairing, I did like them much better back in season two, when it seemed like Lindsay was going after Danny and being the more aggressive one of the pair. I've always thought that fit better with their characters (well, as they were established back then--hers did a 180 in season three) and could see the appeal back then. I kind of wish it had been left in, because season three was what made me really hate the pairing.

What do you guys think about the scene? Are you glad it was cut? Do you wish it had been included? If it had, would it have changed your perception of the pair, for good or bad?

2. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Well, I've long thought Danny was a douche for mooning over Lindsay and her itty bitty scrape while his best friend was lying unconscious with staples in his gut, so seeing him snog would not have improved my mood at all. Had they aired that, I'd've thrown a brick through my TV.

3. Top41

Yeah, I can definitely see that side of it--I was disappointed at the lack of concern Danny showed for Flack in that episode. When it comes to their relationship, it definitely is obvious that Flack is far more caring than Danny is.

I guess I was thinking more in the context of the relationship between Danny and Lindsay...it would have worked better than the sudden reversal that happened in season three.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

In the context of their relationship it would've made more sense to have them kiss early on and have Lindsay initiate it, but I still think they would've ultimately pulled the reversal because S3 was Lindsay's dark sekrit, emo season. Just because Lindsay kissed Danny in S2 wouldn't necessarily have to mean he had feelings for her. They seemed hell bent on making it clear that Danny was interested in her and thought she was leik sooper ausum, or something. :rolleyes:

ETA: It also makes me nauseous that TPTB seem to be caring more and more about catering to a specific segment of the fanbase. If only they'd care as much about Danny's back story. (I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm still bitter.)

ETA: I just watched it. It's just as cheesey and teeny boppery as some of the fan vids that are out there. That the network actually did this is laughable.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. miamor44

miamor44 Civilian

I really like Danny and Lindsay and thought that scene was cute. I wish it had been in the original episode.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Honestly,at this point I am too annoyed about anything related D/L to be objective .So as per now the less the better.

But who knows,had the couple really had chemistry and their story were a well written one I may say differently.But after watching a night of sex turned into a fairytale I would say NO.:scream:

7. Top41

It is kind of laughable, and it reeks of pushing an agenda. Let's face it: of all the networks, CBS skews the oldest by quite a lot. Danny and Lindsay appeal to younger viewers on average and the network wants those viewers. The fact that CBS is out there pandering to them with this certainly says a lot. Ironically, I don't think NY's demo has changed at all due to Danny and Lindsay (by demo I mean the all important 18-49 number), but they certainly can see on gossip sites like Ausiello and Kristin that the pairing has a lot of young fans.

Maybe this was to make up for that Valentine to DL fans that never showed up. :lol:

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It kind of made me cringe even tho I kind of like them as a pairing. It did reek of fan vid type material, could they have just nicely given us the deleted scene. Would have made it so much easier now because I'm intrieged by it now to see the whole scene.

I kind of get why they didn't use it as the whole Flack nearly dying was more important but i get why if they showed it would make everything possibly seem a little clearer and explain maybe s3 a bit more. But we'll never no now.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd like them to make up for Danny's character assassination, but somehow I don't see them thinking that is a priority.

I'm too old to be a part of their target audience anyway. Although I am in the coveted 18 - 49 group. But then again, there probably aren't many people who aren't in that group. That's a hell of an age range!

10. Top41

Yeah, I would have liked to see the deleted scene, too, to see how it actually played out between them.

I also happened to notice that the song played during the video is from...surprise, surprise, a CBS recording artist. I think this is a case of the multi-platforming Zuiker has talked about in the past. Get us to watch a vid with the D/L deleted scene...and then hear the music as well. The artist, incidentally, is Karmina. :lol: I will admit I kind of like the song, but I hate the way CBS markets their recording artists. At least this is less offensive than sticking them in actual episodes. :rolleyes:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*scoffs* How young are we going here?

I didn't mind the scene, even though I could've done a better "how the relationship between Danny and Lindsay has grown" video without even trying... Seriously, CBS made that?

It actually could've been fine in the episode, but instead we got the twisted plotlines of the past two seasons that were just confusing. Ah well.

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Dawni - are you in the uk? I am only asking as I am and when I clicked on the link I got 'this video is not available in your country'

Not having seen this vid it sounds like CBS are just trying to 'prove' D/L are so in lurve - it shouldn't take extra videos on You Tube, the chemistry should be there on the screen in the actual programme along with a consistent storyline and it's just not IMO.

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Here's a version for people outside of the US that some kind person posted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIcirx7Ijk0

I would love to see the build up to the unaired scene in this, although it's kind of irrelevant. It does seem a little strange that CBS are doing 'shipper vids' now, but then again they've done other types of extra vids e.g. one for Melina, the workout one and Danny's New Yawk, so I guess this isn't any different.

As for the kiss, I kind of prefer it to the Snow Day one. It seems much more like a first kiss than that one did and it does remind me of the D/L I loved back then. I also like the whole premise of them having gotten together earlier but then deciding it'd be too awkward to continue it because they work together. I've always loved the tension between these two much more than the drama.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Yeah I am, know this site that allows you to view stuff like that.
    See's no point as somebody uploaded it for us non US people.

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Thanks.