Grade 'The Party's Over'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 18, 2009.

?

How would you grade The Party's Over?

1. A+

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. C

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Oh i loved it....i have soo o been waiting an ADAM episode, and thats what this really was! i love it!!! haha. he is perfect in every way...i mean he finds thhe kid, he gets the kid to trust him then he gives the kid the ipod...alterior motives =) he's gonna get a newer model ipod anyway. a slice and guitar hero. yea that makes just everything better...believe me i live in dorms, its a miracle worker!! aha

Danny....FINALLY GOT A HAIR CUT!!!! ahah. but yea, the family of cops thing??? i don't get either, i mean i remember 2 uncles and a brother...none of which are cops.

Lindsay standing up for him i liked. it worked. and hawkes point!! i''m like who do i side with?? they were both soo right!

um dunbrick. i have a nagging feeling he's got that flash drive...just going with my instincts...=)

next week: ADAM! I LOVE YOU!!! and Stella and mac drinking coffee. that's something we haven't really had since season 1...without someone being in mortal peril!

I cannot wait....!

2. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I enjoyed the episode, mainly because of Adam. He was great. I loved Mac patting Adam on the back -- twice. ^.^ It was a nice moment between the two characters without any words that I simply adored.

All of Adam's scenes were wonderful. He cried. -huggles Adam-

I think the reason why Flack didn't help with the kid was because...well, the kid was waiting and Flack looked just a tiny bit frazzled, what with covering other people's shifts and all. With all the activity going on and the police force being stretched so thin, things like that get forgotten.

And as for Danny's family and his cops, he didn't say his dad was a cop. He said his family is full of cops. The fact that he even went to college and took the opposite direction of his brother tells me he must have had at least one good influence in his life. Maybe his dad wasn't a cop, but great grandfather, grandfather, and maybe uncles or even aunts could have been on the force. Not to mention the idea that his family being under surveillance has never been canon since it never made it to the screen.

Other than too little Flack, I enjoyed the episode. And I really enjoyed Craig T. Nelson in this episode. I can't wait to see what else he has up his sleeve. ^.^

Preview for next week: Vastly amusing. I hope the episode is interesting and a bit funny. ^.^

3. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

I gave it a C. It was a D- before Adam's scene.

There wasn't any of that banter I love from the show. It suffered from the original CSI's problem, trying to pack too much into one episode. You don't get the interplay, the great characters we all know and love don't come across. Basically everyone in the episode was POed... and frankly I'd been pretty POed all day. I didn't want to watch a POed episode.

After the downfall of storyline from CSI this made me very worried about the future of this series. However! Adam's scene blew me away. It was so honest and heartfelt, didn't come off as over worked or cliche as the rest of the episode had. Well done!

I'm looking forward to the next episode. I hope it's back to CSI: NY top form. :)

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh yeah now I remember. I wonder what the truth is about Danny's family.

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I wanted to slap Danny so hard for leaving the scene and then with the case. Why does Hawkes have to be so unviolent? I wanted a replay of Sex, Lies, and Silicone with him fighting *swoon*

Flack, why can't you realize that it's the lab's Adam he wants. There is no other Adam. No one would want anyone else.

I really loved Adam's scene. It was emotional and well done. I really could tell that he was putting himself in the place of the kid there. And he gave him his iPod! That's huge! Like if I gave mine up, wait, I would never. Adam's the best! I just want to hug him for forever! *has developed a big crush on Adam*

Well, I should get back to studying, but I agree that that cop line from Danny bugged me. I like told my mom that it was wrong as soon as I heard it!

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

What I can't figure out is why Danny was at the scene, got a phone call and then took off - was he just getting the message about the pay lag or what?

As far as the family of cops thing - I have no idea where that came from. Other than his uncle being in construction, his brother being involved in gang activities & his grandfather owned a boat (that's all I can remember). I don't think it's ever been said what his father did - or his grandfather for that matter.

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I had so much fun recapping Rush to Judgement that I thought I would recap another episode. This one. This time it'll be the vcr tape of it so I can freeze and rewind.

Nice view of New York at night

*whistle* Mac looks so hot in a tux.

Was that a gunshot??? It was!!!

Love this chase.

Take down with a kick.

LOL. Bad Guy: What the hell are you doing? Mac: Recycling.

Craig T. Nelson. Hi "Coach".

Precinct looks deserted.

Dead body in the balloons.

D'uh. Of course he's dead. It's CSI: NY. Wouldn't be a CSI show without a dead body.

(Commercials)
    While the commercials are on I would like to say: I want screencaps of Mac in the tux at the beginning and him chasing and catching that guy.
    By the way...next set of commercials, I'm gonna start counting the commercials.
    I went back and counted the commercials in this set of them.
    1. Wal-Mart
    2. Southwest Airlines
    3. Windows Live Photo Gallery
    4. GMC Sierra pick up
    5. Singular
    6. Kaplan University (LOL. Kaplan is the last name of the murder victim in this episode.)
    7. Survivor

Another nice view of New York at night.

Press conference.

Hawkes. Snapping crime scene photos.

Danny carrying a big roll of crime scene tape.

OOH. Little tension between Hawkes and Danny.

LOL. Stella: I think it went to a fire. Hawkes: Fire? Stella: Trust me. *Stella hands something to Adam while racing out the door.* Adam: Where's the fire?

More press conference.

Murder victim's brother-in-law.

WOW. Impressive cell phone, Adam.

Sound of a soda can being opened would get me out of hiding.

Big cell phone, little iPod.

LOL. Stella: I need your clothes. *Fire guy starts to give her his clothes he's wearing* Stella: The ones you were wearing earlier.

LOL Sid. Sid: You might've chosen a different bag to go with that dress.

WOW. Short dress. On Stella it's very sexy.

Brendon Walsh??? Wasn't that Jason Priestly's character on Bevery Hills 90210???

Cool song. I may get up and dance.

Uh-oh an NYPD officer.

Show Mac your ID, dude.

Yep. That does remain to be seen.

(more freakin' commercials)
    I'm counting the commercials.
    1. E*Trade
    2. Crestor
    3. MacDonald's
    4. Direct TV
    5. Lubriderm
    6. Eleventh Hour
    7. Rules of Engagement return March 2nd.

FINALLY. A view of New York during the day.

Hawkes. Gives those glasses to Danny. I miss Danny's glasses.

The mystery spot. Can't wait to find out what caused it.

Say that again, Hawkes. I don't speak big, long, scientific words.

OOH. Lindsay snapped the name Hawkes.

Now that's dedication to crime fighting. He'd be there even if the city couldn't afford to pay him.

Good question. What was a horse hair doing on the vic???

LOL. Did you see Mac's face when Deputy Inspector Gillian (forgot her last name) handed Mac that evidence envelope. He looked like "Is this gonna blow up when I open it?"

Someone didn't like him for some reason. I mean, he is dead.

LOL. Mac. That raised eyebrow reminded me of Leonard Nimoy's Star Trek character Mr. Spock.

(I hate commercials...and yes I'm counting them)
    1. AT&T
    2. Treximet
    3. Puffs tissue
    4. Cherry 7 Up
    5. H & R Block
    6. Letterman
    7. Amazing Race
    8. Tom Selleck tv movie Sunday March 1st
    9. Local car dealership
    10. This CBS station plugging its morning traffic reports.
    11. Arby's
    12. Ringling Bros. Circus
    13. Another local car dealership
    14. Preview of 10 o'clock news's weather forecast.

Pretty view of New York in daylight.

Craig and Gary in the same scene. (musical note) Feel the tension. Man what a ride (musical note) <---line from 60s song "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Whoa. That front page got Mac pissed.

Balsa wood. Didn't they make the phasers used in the original Star Trek series out of Balsa wood???

Now Stella is pissed.

I loved that radio news report. "No cops anywhere."

Nice Stella/Danny scene.

Gillian: You know Jerry Maguire? Mac: I know a Jack Maguire. Teaches firearms at the academy.
    LOL Mac. You need to get out more, Mac. Wanna take me out Friday night???

OOH. Dead guy did screw the NYPD. Now I think Mac would like to kill the guy or at least give him a good marine-style beating if the guy weren't already dead.

Flack. I was wondering when/if he would show up.
    Hey Flack. Where's Angell??? She got the Blue Flu???

Adam Ross...that's who the kid is waiting for.

Speaking of Adam...there he is.

LOL Lindsay. Lindsay: Maybe it was your lunch. What did you have?

LOL Adam. Adam: 2 hot dogs but...that isn't it.

Is using lab machines to ID trace on your iPod allowed???

I'm with Adam. The kid did it??? Maybe that's why the kid was waiting to talk to Adam.

(Commercials...make me wanna shoot the tv. And yes I'm counting them again.)
    1. Aflac
    2. Excedrin
    3. Prego
    4. T Mobile
    5. Chevy Siverado pick up
    6. Dish network
    7. Vegas CSI
    8. Harper's Island
    9. tv.com
    10. Coming up on 10 o'clock news
    11. Virginia college in Huntsville...Alabama that is.
    12. Local car dealership
    13. Next Ellen.

Flack remembered the kid.

Ah. Mac figured out which Adam the kid wants to talk to...lab tech Adam Ross.

Aww. Adam's crying. *hands Adam a tissue*

Nice Stella/Adam scene.

Danny's back.

Nice Danny/Hawkes moment.

(Not counting the commercials this time. Yeah, right. And if you believe that I got some swamp land in the middle of the Sahara desert I'll sell you...cheap.)
    1. Next on 10 o'clock news.
    2. One Touch
    3. MacDonald's
    4. Wal-Mart
    5. Letterman
    Total number of commercials...46.

:guffaw:You won't believe where the eyeball lands when the buzzard drops it next week.
    Stella and Mac are having coffee at an outdoor cafe and the eyeball falls in Stella's coffe. Stella goes "Oh, yuck." when it happens. Luckily Mac had a lid on his coffee.
    I can't wait for next Wednesday night.:guffaw:

Now about this episode. A+. <---That says it all.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. FlackDonFlack

FlackDonFlack Victim

I didn't grade it because I saw the first twenty minutes and then fell asleep up to the last ten (thanks a lot Advil p.m.!!) Woke up just in time to see Flack and someone I can't remember in the kid's room (was this his second and only appearance? *so sad*:().

Though I hear Adam was the scene stealer so I guess I saw the best parts.
    Guess I'll wait for the rerun...

9. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Why do I seem to miss the good Mac moments? Duh, I was doing cross stitch while watching it, that's why. Good thing cable companies invented....OnDemand. Yup, gonna watch it again. Good thing I didn't miss Flack's big moments (He's looking for Adam? Adam Who? THINK MAN, THINK!)

Oh, worry not, I didn't miss Sid's commentary on Stella's fashion, nor did I miss Adam's scenes, esp. at the end with the kid. That scene was awesome! I just wanted to hug Adam to let him know that he can cry on my shoulder any time.

Anyone else wonder how the CLIP from the kid's tie made that mark? I would *think* that he would have held one end in each hand - one end has the clip. Even if he held the two ends that hang down, the clip should not have been against the man's throat (not without fabric between the clip and the skin). DUH! Or did I misunderstand that whole thing (yes, I know, it's what finally linked him to it, but c'mon.....)

But, I gave it an A+. What, no A++++++?!

10. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

LOL, Carolyn3843! Thank you for adding info about the commercials. Dirty buggers demolished our MacDonald's last September. Now we have to either drive 15-30 miles to go get our fix. They will finish getting the new one built in a week or so. But now on to CSI NY!

I do give Danny credit for standing up for what he thought was right. BUT maybe that should have been more of a Flack story line. Maybe he (Flack) could have been debating about being sick or not.

By the way where was he (Flack)? Only five minutes of Flack time?

Cheers for Adam! I would love to see more of him out on the streets helping out the rest of the CSI’s. I think it’s his new calling in life.

As for the rest of the show it was fair at most, not one of their best.

11. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

I gave it a A+ mostly because of Adams scenes! I thought he did a really good job talking to the kid at the end of the show. And then he started to cry a little(*runs to go hug Adam*). I thought it was nice of him to give the kid his ipod. He defiantly knew what the kid was going through; it seemed like Adam could relate to the kid( probably because his dad was abusive).

And with Danny:scream: I wanted to dropkick him the whole episode! I want to know who called him in the beginning of the show(I'm nosy) because that was what made him be "sick". And the whole "my family were all cops" thing..... WHERE did that come from? Maybe it was Carmine slipping up a little bit, because he really does have family members in the force....

Mac was :drool::drool::drool: I loved how he used the plastic bag to arrest the guy. Great thinking on his part:thumbsup: But why was Mac outside? It looked as if he was waiting for someone to show. I would've liked to see what Mac thought about Danny being "sick".

It was upsetting with hardly any Flack in the epi:( Why wasn't he the detective at the scene? Was there one even there?

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The stuff about Danny in this episode was complete and utter bullshit. Mac flat out told Danny he was advised not to hire him because of his background. Why would that even happen if Danny came from a "family of cops?" And Danny walking out on the job to leave everyone else, including his very pregnant girlfriend, having to pick up his slack is not Danny at all.

Congratulations, PTB. I didn't think you could ruin Danny's character any more than you already have by tying him to Lindsay. I was wrong. You've managed to completely destroy the character. I'm done with this show unless I hear that they've done something to fix the mess they've created with this episode.

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I too was confused about Danny coming from a family of cops because it seemed to go against what we knew of him. Okay, they'd never explicity said that anyone in his family other than Louie had 'connections' but it seems a bit of a leap to then go from that to suddenly being a family of cops. Are they yet again blurring the boundaries between actor and character?

Personally I didn't find it too out of character for Danny to succumb to the 'blue flu'. He has principles and a large part of that is to do with not letting the 'little man' get walked over. In this case he is one of the 'little men' and I can see him taking a stand. Now, if he had gone home sick and hadn't cared about what was happening then it would've been a different matter, that wouldn't be Danny at all. But the fact Lindsay was keeping him updated tells me that he had concerns beyond his own future and he looked pretty stressed when Stella told him about the case being thrown out.

About the case being thrown out. I'm sure it was thrown in there to piss off both Hawkes and Stella as well as for us to question Danny's loyalty. Realistically though, I have to question their systems a lot more. They cannot be relying on the testimony of one CSI to gain a conviction. They have to know that things happen (like sickness) that may mean the CSI may not make court. There should be fool proof methods in place that allow for testimony to be delivered through notes etc. Either Hawkes hadn't read the notes or Danny hadn't been detailed enough. If a key witness (expert or not) is unavailable then the case should have been delayed rather than thrown out.

I loved Adam in this, I felt a little teary eyed when he was talking to Jake at the end. I'm glad Stella didn't go after him as oftentimes they can go a bit over the top on the team support. It's realistic that sometimes they have bad days and have to go home alone to deal with it as best they can. I'd love to see a bit more about Adam and his past a little later on though, but I'd like it to be someone other than Stella supporting him e.g. one of the guys taking him for a beer or something.

All in all I enjoyed this episode and gave in an A.

14. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

ep was okay. wasn't great, but it didn't suck either.

lowlights: danny's "family of cops" blah and he's back to his emo and wreckless self. he seemed happy and light last ep and now there's like a huge dark cloud hovering over him again. and where was flack? he appeared for like 2 seconds then poof.

highlights: hawkes' irritation. hill harper is an awesome actor. and of course, adam ross. aj was great! loved him with the kid. his acting skills were really highlighted. :) MORE ADAM! lindsay was fine. haha. craig nelson and julia ormond did a great job too. stella's visit at danny's house. cute. lol.

promo: ew. eyeball in the coffee. and lol at adam's bird thing haha.

i give this ep an A- :) should've been a B or B+ but man, aj was awesome! :)

15. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I don`t see what the fuss is about Danny`s story he is from a cop family but maybe that is because it never occured to me he was talking about his bloodrelative family but more about his work family.

Stella should start looking at herself instead of yelling at Danny cause she is in no place to talk like that while she knows she is breaking rules herself.
    I find Stella more and more bitchy and out of character till the point that she annoys me even more then Lindsay.

I agree with both Hawkes and Lindsay but I did find it weird that Hawkes didn`t take or got the time to read about the case before he testified,that actually annoyed me.

I didn`t feel Danny was much out of character because he always stands up for what he feels is right or wrong,although it was not really the good choice for that right now.