NASCAR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nicksbabygurl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Baba_O_Riley

Baba_O_Riley Lab Technician

Okay I'll join anybody this thread each and every Sunday if you want to chat about the racing action.

Let's bring on Fontana and the California Speedway.

Even though its not one of Tony's better tracks.

2. Boleyn

Boleyn Police Officer

I'm happy for Jimmie, and was proud of Jeff and Junior. But what ruined the whole thing for me was all the bad attitudes. Is it just me, or do drivers get whinier and nastier with each passing season?? I don't mean anyone in particular, but the lot of them. Very frustrating.
    Last night on the news, I heard where Ryan Newman made a comment about how Jimmie's team must have "done something" to help him win. :rolleyes: I hope everyone is in a better mood at Fontana!

3. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Whoo! My Jimmie won! GAHH! :D

I nearly died of excitement! :lol:

4. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Man, I'll second this. I get so tired of the snotty attitudes. I can't say its just one driver anymore. It seems like they all have days when they're snotty and irritating.

Come on, guys! How about a little better sportsmanship on the track. At least if you have to be snotty with each other, do it out of the public's eye.

5. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon rule! Too bad Jeff DNF'ed at least half of last racing season.

6. Hungry4TheWolfe

Hungry4TheWolfe Police Officer

I'm getting tired of the media and some fans blowing things WAY out of proportion (ex Chad).

Chad cheated. He stepped over the line and got caught. Penalty was given. Chad had to sit at home during the Biggest Race watching HIS team win without him there physically. Then more penalties given. As usual some people are upset about pentalies given (hey thats just Nascar being typical Nascar so dont hate Jimmie/Chad for not taking points away). Chad is serving his time so now let him and the team be. Jimmie is still the Daytona 500 Champion! Sheesh

sorry I really needed to rant but this is NOT pertaining to anyone on here I just reallllly needed to get that off my chest due to some other people, again not pertaining to anyone on here lol

7. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Believe me, I understand. That's what I was trying to do too. Lets just race guys!

8. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

I don't really like the new points system, ever since Nextel made it the Nextel Chase for the Cup the old (more well thought out) point system got ripped to thunder.

9. Hungry4TheWolfe

I do admit the new points system has brought a lot of attention and drama to the sport, but I still dont care much for the new system. I don't like that the championship is really just based on 10 races and not the whole year. It could use a little more tweaking.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I watch because the family watches it more now. Usually we cheer for Gordon (Jeff)but he hasn't been doing well lately :(

I'm more of a horse racing person myself though. Not betting, just watching.

11. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Welcome to the NASCAR thread, Trevor and Mel23! Always great to see more fans in here. :D

*hugs* I understand your frustration. The media that covers NASCAR tend to blow everything out of proportion. NASCAR assessed their penalty to Chad, and now everyone (the media) needs to move on and focus on California this weekend. I find it sad that for some people there will more than likely always be an asterisk beside Jimmie's Daytona 500 win, when the car that he won the race with was 100% legal.

Oh, a reminder y'all...remember that we're switching to FOX/FX coverage for the Cup and Busch races now. ;)

12. Hungry4TheWolfe

Thanks Thumpy! ;)

and if anyone is interested the Truck race is on Speed Channel at 9pm EST. Go Aric!!

13. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I really do think everyone does need to focus more on Fontana and leave the #48 team alone. Chad had paid the piper and I hope that Jimmie's win doesn't stay too much in question. Unfortunately, though I think it will. :(

Anyway, I'm just loving all the fresh NASCAR commercials. Especially the one where Gordon, Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Jr. are toasting their glasses and then pour it on their heads and Jr. says, "Let's eat." :lol:

14. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

:lol: I love that commercial too! Two others I liked was the Nextel 'Crazy Old Man' one with Mark Martin and Carl Edwards, and the new Tylenol Rapid Release Gels one. Oh...and this isn't exactly a NASCAR one, I've seen it during the Olymipics too, but the first place I saw it was during the race coverage... has anyone else seen the Budwieser one with the baby Clydesdale trying to pull the wagon, and he's too small, then all of a sudden you see the wagon start to move, and it's his parents pushing the wagon from behind. It reduced me and my Mom to tears, lol. :lol: That's such a sweet commercial.

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Yeah I just love those commercials. The first place I saw the Budweiser commercial was the race too. Everyone in the room (15-16 people) was 'Awing,' when they saw it's parents behind there.
    The Carl/Mark commercial had me giggling. Mark and his flips :lol:. Carl really says that line awesomely.

Okay, some racing news:

The starting grid for Fontana

Nascar.com: Qualifying order

Jimmie's starting 3rd. Squee!

Also the Busch race is at 6 p.m on FX. And congrats to Mark Martin for winning the truck race yesterday!