"Deep Fried and Minty Fresh" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think the writing was pretty lame. Like after Hodges told Catherine and Greg about the toothpaste being the wrong kind, then Greg said the exact same thing after he left. A lot of lines seemed to just kind of hang there. Kind of like a Letterman/Phoenix interview. :lol:

I liked the Nick bits, of course. But I'm wondering what's the big deal with Ray not having an office? The others went for 9 years making do with the break room.

Just overall blah, in my opinion. And it wasn't because of who was or wasn't in the episode. ;)

2. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Re: Favorite Quotes

Riley: "Triangles can be deadly"
    Wendy: "Don't I know it"
    ------------
    Riley(about why Nick likes fries): "Its because they put crack in them"

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I liked it actually. It had some great Nick scenes and especially the Nick scenes with my favourite Lab Rat, Mandy. Those were funny. Those two have such chemistry in the show. Hint* Hint* to the power that be.

And not just one, but TWO scenes..someone from that show must be reading this board.

It was a pretty good episode, some of it was blah. But I enjoyed it.

And I don't really miss Grissom-with all due respect.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was wondering the same exact thing. I suppose he just gets one because he is the big star on the show now, but overall it does not make sense...that is what the locker room was for....to store their stuff.

I do not notice Grissom being gone either.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

At first glance, I'd say this episode had a slow start, but picked up steam after the first 20 minutes. I think it was actually a good "forensics" episode. There was quite a bit of Mandy, some Wendy, a little Hodges, nice, quiet screen time for Riley, VARTANN!!! and TOO MUCH Ray (again)!!

The best part of the episode -
    Super Dave: Catherine, I'm sorry for the overshare.
    Cath: THANK YOU for the overshare!
    LOL

6. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I have to admit I kept watching the clock the first twenty minutes and I also found that this episode had too many Ray moments but whatever.

I loved the Nick scenes and the Mandy and Nick scenes were cute. They seem like an old married couple...and I am not a shipper.

It was cute but could have been funnier...but you have to love those Brass lines!

And I never thought I would see George eating french fries,he is such a health nut...WOW!

ON A SCALE OF 1-10 I would give it a six.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Well i really liked it. Lots of one liners, from each character. Lab rats where in the eppy more than usual. I like Ray, he is a good character.

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I never knew you could overdose on toothpaste. Also, that guy who feel at the fast food place after killing the guy got what was coming to him (IMO).

I also don't see what the deal is with Ray & the office - there are the same amount of people working there as there were before - and Nick, Greg & Riley are now all in Grissom's office as I recall...

9. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I loved seeing all the lab rats in one episode (minus Bobby)...that doesn't happen all that often....basically just in their special yearly shows.

There were some funny parts in this. I thought that Greg got to be a little goofy about the toothpaste, that was nice to see.

And even though I'm not exactly sure about the whole office situation either, I thought that it was really sweet of Doc to make room for a newbie.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

After further review, here's a more extensive summary:
    - Someone needs to investigate the whereabouts of fun, quirky Catherine. I think she’s been abducted.

- Catherine & Greg work well together. The “arts & crafts” was cute!

- Still too much Ray!!

- I liked that we finally got an A & B story episode – and not one that turned into a single storyline at the end.

- Some great Mandy scenes. A little more Wendy (I still want even MORE!).

- Riley’s character still confuses me. Sometimes she’s quiet & robotic (like in this one.) Sometimes she’s quirky & funny. I wish they’d make up their mind.

- The ‘everyone with an office/desk’ thing kind of bugs me now.

- This was a great ‘forensics’ episode. Parts of it were a bit lame and not well-written, but there was good emphasis on prints & DNA for case A, and the Blue Goo was cute for case B. (just don’t remind me about The Smurfs!)

- I wish Brass would have tried to help Rosa with her immigration issue. She seemed like a nice character that I’d like to have return.

The full summary/review can be found here

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I liked the episode.

I loved Catherine and Greg working a case together, although there should have been more of it and less of Ray dragging his crap around. IMO

Both cases were interesting and the outcome was unexpected.

I liked seeing a equal share of lab techs (instead of the usual domination of one) and the CSI's got pretty much equal share as well (except Ray who we saw too much).

I don't miss Grissom either.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Didn't I see Bobby in a commercial during the show? About quitting smoking? :lol: First Ecklie in a pocket, now Bobby walking off buildings!

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes! It was a NicodermCQ commercial. I've seen it many times before but never during CSI, I thought that was interesting. And I said "Hey it's Bobby!"
    So technically, we did get to see Bobby during the episode, just not in the episode. :lol:

14. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

George? A health nut? How do you figure? I know he likes to work out but anything I've ever seen has him as a bit of junk food fiend. Director's commentary from the Evel Knieval dvd, appearances on the Ellen show, etc.

15. teri

teri Victim

I liked this episode, I liked the interaction between Catherine and Dave about the hand cuffs... it was also great to see the lab rats again, even got to Archie for a second or two... i'm surprised to see that they didn't make room for ray in the new office with the others..

Did it look like Riley had a tattoo on her arm to anyone else..?

Did any one else notice how goofy Ray looked in the beginning when he was looking around the kitchen, some kind of weird martial arts move with the flashlight when he was looking at the floor, maybe it was just the positioning of his hands as he moved....just thought it was odd.

i'm looking forward to how the new characters settle into their parts.