The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh my, I haven't posted here in ages *hangs her head in shame*

Welcome to all the newbies! LoveShipper8404, That It Is, Aquila and X-Queen-Jorja-X :thumbsup:! Hope I didn't forget someone.

Quite some people got converted to the Love recently :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for all the great reminders of the Love! There's nothing better than to get up in the morning and find some pics of the boys and various stages of touching at the Fort ;)!

:guffaw: You're so right! You've got to be blind to not see the subtle glances and the so not subtle touches!
    And whoever mentioned Nicky's thumb "caressing" Greg's neck in Who Are You, thanks so much! That makes me appreciate that scene even more. Makes the touch even more intimate!!!

I won't be able to post in the next week since I'm going to go London! :thumbsup: So, to all the Brits out there, when is CSI shown in England because I hope to catch a new episode.

2. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Someone on the CBS site said that Southerners are very touchy people and that the way that Nick touches Greg is not meant in a romantic way.

I am not sure about this. Personally it defiantly shows a very close relationship and trust to allow someone in your personal space.

Here is another southerner and his co-star, in a similar position our boys are normally captured in.

Maybe its just a southern thing:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/0/08/Jsquared3.jpg

or maybe in the case of Nick & Greg its not:thumbsup:

3. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Oh sure Southerners are probably touchy people however whenever Nick touches Greg he is almost always looking him straight in the eye...now that's very telling of The Love at least in my eyes!;)

And a few posts back there was a discussion about Nick and Greg's gay moments and that Greg didn't have many, well I found this:
    [​IMG]

And here are some other adorable ones:

N thinking,That's my boyfriend:
    [​IMG]

Greg thinking, All yours Nick and when I get you home...
    [​IMG]

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I love that scene from Anatomy of a Lye! Not only did Greg show Nick how extremely smart he is and helped solve his case, no, it also proofed that he looked into Nick's case (and I believe Greg wasn't on his case?) so he could impress his Texan with his knowledge. Plus Greg looking into the lab and Nick waving him in? So cute!

5. That It Is

That It Is Victim

Stokes4me previous post said-
    And a few posts back there was a discussion about Nick and Greg's gay moments and that Greg didn't have many, well I found this:
    [​IMG]

And here are some other adorable ones:

N thinking,That's my boyfriend:
    [​IMG]

Ahh-sweet:)
    Beautiful pictures and beautiful boys
    I love the subtext and even though I do see their ship on screen(you'd have to be blind not to!!!) I still prefer it covert. However, in the final episode of the final season.(a long way off in the future)I'd love to see a
    fanon canon moment between them both:)and we all get to see it and say Ahh yeah, there it is..Nick and Greg for real.;)

6. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome to all the newbies!!! :thumbsup: Brought this from a previous page so the newbies can also vote for The Love on the CBS poll:

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/37415.page

twiztid4togo, thanks for writing that amazing (and hot :devil:) fic, "Breaking The Office".

Exactly. Since when brothers flirt and check out each other's butt? :lol:

Some people on the CBS board must be really grasping at straws! If it just were a "southern thing", why Nick NEVER touched Warrick like that? ;) I mean, they were best friends...and last time I checked Nick was still a Southern guy, right? Why, in nine years, Nick has NEVER touched ANYONE like he touches Greg? ;)

But The Love is not only based in the way Nick touches Greg (although his thumb brushing Greg's neck speaks volumes). All the Southerner men use to check out another man's butt? *points to her icon* Or only the gay ones do it? :guffaw:

Among many other things, Nick/Greg is also based in looks like this:

[​IMG]

And in flirting moments like this:

[​IMG]

And since many people have said that they love Nick's "gay moments...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it's NOT a Southern thing. Touching like Nick touches Greg (with his flat palm on chest, invading his personal space, smiling like that) is a GAY thing! ;)

Reichen Lehmkuh (from the Amazing Race) with his boyfriend (yes, Reichen is gay and from Ohio :lol:):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  7. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Welcome newbies! and Thx for the pics everyone!

I noticed 3 things in today's episode
    1.Nick and Greg are not getting enough airtime together:(. 2. The lab techs got more time than Greg did, in today's episode. And 3. Even though Nick worked a case with Riley he barely payed any attention to her. When she discussed the case he hardly look at her, and we all KNOW that if it were Greg discussing a case he wouldn't stop starring!

Hopefully we'll get more Nick and Greg in next weeks episode! Hopefully!

8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

That's so true, BrokenSmile..........;)

Great findings, That-It-Is. The exchange of looks in that scene from "Anatomy of a Lie" is soooooo telling!

Regarding Nick and women, Aquila explained it perfectly in her previous post:

Very true. :thumbsup:

9. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I agree, it's always good to have a man's perspective. :thumbsup:

I would love to read your fic...how do pms work here? I can't parse it...and I'm not a message board newbie. :lol: Just IM? Edited cause I forgot about the 50 post thing, whoops. I'd better get cracking.

I have a silly vision in my head of the team (whoever that might be at the time) eating breakfast, then everyone splitting...cut to one of the boys (this changes depending on my mood) waiting outside for the other...then taking each others hands and walking off, with a 'let's go home' statement or something. I also can hear Greg saying 'let's get a puppy' and Nick vetoing that right away. :lol:

Ahh, it's fanciful and silly, but something very subtle like that would be all we'd need, yk?

That is so true. I have three brothers, and while they touch each other and rough-house, it is nothing at all like the way Nick touches Greg. Ever.

And that's not even getting into the looks, the smiles, the flirting, etc...also, Nick defends Greg and mentions him a lot. For example, when the Lead CSI position was cut and Nick was okay with that cause 'Greg will be happy.' So much Love.

You know, I've been watching closely, and Nick doesn't often touch, full stop. And, as far as I can recall, he rarely if ever touches the women. I mean, a few pats for Warrick, and the odd handshake, back pat with outside people, (men, only...hmmm) but nothing like how he touches Greg. He never puts both hands on anyone else at the same time, especially in the manner of the neck and the chest touch, which is always accompanied by that flirty smile, he rarely gets into anyone's personal space outside of necessity, and he brushes off flirtation from all sides.

Hmm, what on earth can this mean?

So true. Straight men don't touch each other this way.

And yeah, bent as a paperclip is my favorite little analogy. :guffaw:

So, I've been watching more, and this is what I've come up with...just little things, but it's there...watching Viva Las Vegas, when the guy asks is Sara and Nick are married, the look on his face...man. It's a completely bemused he's all 'no, no, no...' and it seems to me he's thinking 'as if I would marry a girl.' lol Also, his face when the 'reverend' gives him the card and pats his shoulder is equally is saying the same thing. 'yeah...no.'

Also, I was watching Crow's Feet...and the Dr. Malaga is flirting with Catherine, he says; she has 'Venus de Milo esthetics,' and Nick turns and looks at her critically and all I can think is that he hasn't really noticed. Now, why would that be? :p

Also, I'm watching 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' I know it's really insignificant, but Nick is able to identify the 'erotic boutique' from part of a sign and the guy behind the counter is clearly gay. It's these little ways my mind works, lol. Just a little chuckle in my own head. :p

10. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Ahhh, all this quoting me is lovely. :D There's more where that came from, believe me. :p

11. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Aquila, welcome to Shipper Central and Talk.csifiles.com! Please remember that each post in Shipper Central needs to contain at least three lines of on topic discussion.

Thank you.

As for the southern touching comment. What part of the south are they from? The men in my family only hug each other or touch other men on Holidays and Special Events. Or when Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins a race. They are NOT touchy-feely because it's considered feminine and girly and it's been drilled in their heads at a young age that men don't cry, nor do they hug. Of course, that's just the men in my family, but it holds pretty true for most southern states.

I don't see Nick's father as someone who would be touchy-feely with his son, so where would Nick feel that being that touchy with Greg is normal? And if it is just a friendly gesture, then as seabird mentioned, why doesn't he touch Warrick like that? Sure, he's hugged Grissom, but that's only because he thought Grissom was leaving (Special Event).

12. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Ahh, yes, I forgot about that, sorry. Usually it's not a problem with me. :shifty:

And I agree, I just don't see the 'men are touchy feely down south' thing having any relevance. Men are universal, as are women, and while there are differences in culture, etc...when it comes right down to it, men are not touchy feely with other men. It's not usual.

And it's only Greg he touches like that. Not other men, not women, just Greg. It's indicative of something alright, and it's not that Nick was raised in the south.

13. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

:lol: geez, I definitely would be worried if I ever saw two brothers behaving like that :lol: There are many shows on TV in which we see two men being friends, working together and so on, I guess some of them feel they're almost brothers, but I really don't see N/G as this kind of relationship, IMO there's soo much more :D

I'm certainly not sure about it :lol: mainly because, as Aquila already said, Nick isn't really a touchy person. He was very close to Warrick, he's definitely close to Catherine, yet we got very few scenes where he touched them, patted etc. But with Greg, we may feel almost overburdened with such behaviour :D

I hope the ending of CSI is very far away, but yeah, I'd love to see the boys together (really together :)) in the final scene.
    Earlier - not really, I mean it'd be awesome if we had slash couple finally on screen but I'd be too afraid that TPTB would soon ruin everything :(because IMO a lot of writers think that you simply can't have a couple in a happy and healthy relationship for more than a few episodes :/ so they're quick to create some problems and I don't want Nick and Greg to have any problems :)
    I'm happy with the subtext and fanfiction for now, just wish we got more scenes with N/G

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I have seen Nick touch Warrick plenty of times but its not the same way he touches Greg. With Warrick its more like friendly patting on the back, light punches in the arm...etc. With Greg is different, more intimate ,affectionate, and possessive. Even the way he looks at Greg is telling.

Welcome newbies!

15. That It Is

That It Is Victim

OMG,yes exactly, just confirmation of what we all believe-lovely huh??
    Yep, totally agree- that for the mean time, more scenes with N/G in ANY and ALL ways are greatfully accepted:)
    Migosh, I feel under pressure to get my 50 posts done..ker ray zee huh?? Newbie pressure, newbie pressure...;) Brutal!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.