Grade 'She's Not There'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 11, 2009.

?

How would you grade She's Not There?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. A

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

i liked it....it made me laugh and cringe all at the same time..

is it just me or has danny lost any balance he ever had??? he keeps falling down when chasig suspects although i did love his "sitting" on the suspect

and aw, Flack's suit costs more than $49 bucks, his tie might have been 49 cents though =/

It seemed like everyone really cared in this episode....sid!!! was he crying in the end???i wouldn't put it past him the girl fits the description of his daughter no??? (not what it looks like)

Lindsay--> looks like shes about to explode...year of the ox indeed!

oh and another thing....THEY NEED TO STOP REUSING ACTION SCENES...the mustard warehouse, i'm pretty sure is the same warehouse as in snow day, AND commuted sentences, of and im pretty sure got a glance of the DHS agent from the season 2 finale in there too!!!...good lord im sure they can shoot new scenes already!!!! its getting pretty fudging obvious.....

but i liked the ep....i may nag a bit, but, i like it...Danny Stella, Danny Flack, NOW Sid and Lindsay (i think they work well together) oh and Hawkers and Stella...lots of flack and stella this ep....I loved it....i love DIFFERENT character match-ups not the usual stella mac/danny lindsay/hawkes all on his lonesome =/ i like the shuffle....

...and next week...Stella is prudy!

2. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

- everyone seemed to be really invested in the case and it's like everybody wanted to get the bad guy and save those girls.
    - lots of different pairs working in this ep. awesome. danny and stella. mac and stella. LOADS of danny and flack which i love. sid and lindsay. stella and hawkes. mac and gillian. yeah. lots.
    - a couple of funny moments too. danny and stella scenes. when flack told sammy he ruined his favorite suit. when danny knocked over the cabinet where the girl was hiding and casually sat on top of it. lol.
    - sid spoke chinese! sin nien kuay le! LOL. he did pretty well! i clearly understood what he said. :lol:
    - lots of casual flack in this ep. yeaaah. and i think this was the first time he wore the NYPD jacket? he looked goooood. :p
    - that was so the warehouse from snow day. better get new locations! :lol:
    - woah. so katie.. i mean caroline.. oh wait, lisa.. she's the one recruiting the girls.
    - where's the "early valentine surprise"? danny and lindsay didn't even have a single scene with each other.

i loved this episode! woah. it kept me really anxious and hyped up the entire time. it was awesome. A+. i think this ep deserves an emmy. seriously. haha. as for the preview.. i have a feeling i'm gonna hate dunbrook. lol. next week is looking good!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*scans over the posts quickly* I mostly know what happens, but I want to leave myself some surprises when I watch the episode - yet I can't keep myself out of the thread. :lol:

My guess is it's probably a budget thing. If I weren't procrastinating right now :)p), I'd be writing an article about how a lot of shows have had to deal with budget cuts as a long-term effect of last year's WGA strike.

So they're probably reusing some of the more generic footage so they can avoid spending money to film new stuff.

But yes, it's definitely a bit annoying. :lol:

4. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I must say… This is the first episode in a long time that I didn’t drift off and just flat out forget what the heck it was that I had just watched. I feel that many of the episodes this season were disposable and not memorable. I was considering not watching it, but old habits die hard, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Highlights:

- Danny found some of his humor. There’s still an APB out on his glasses though. So, keep your eyes peeled. :shifty: I loved his story about his sweatshirt. His chase with the female suspect ended hilariously. She knocks him over with a broom, so he sits on her. :guffaw:

- Mac Taylor laughed! Granted, it was a joke about Flack’s suit, but it was still a laugh. Nice to see his teeth every once in a while.:lol:

- Stella was fierce, as always. Interesting how affected she was by this case… At the end of the episode, you could tell how sad it was to her that these people took advantage of innocent girls who were purely enamored with the bright lights of New York, only to be victimized. :(

- More Hawkes! Thank you for remembering that he’s still a part of the cast.

- Three minutes of Lindsay Monroe is all I can take, so that was a plus. Added bonus was that Sid was there for one of her scenes.

Lowlights:

- No Adam? Guess since they have Lindsay processing some of the evidence and maybe the money they saved by canceling their vacations ran out, he didn’t report to work? :confused:

That’s all I can think of. Not a bad episode. Just showed me that the writers ARE capable, but choose not to write like this anymore. Too bad because it's alienating its original fanbase.

A-

5. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

Omg. I haven't watched the ep yet, but now I'm definitely looking forward to see it, 'cause there won't be D/L scenes. You just made my day by telling that :D I've had enough of this whole Danny/Lindsay/baby -stuff, even when we haven't seen much of it this year (yup, last year was toootally different). So far, nice :thumbsup:

6. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Will try to post more later, but DANG! Where is Adam? He is fast becoming a favorite for me. I still love Flack, but ADAM, WHERE ARE YOU??????? :scream:

Do you think he heard me?:confused:

Wait, is he on vacation when the others gave up theirs to save his job????? :shifty:

7. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Thought it was quite good, liked the Flack an Danny parts, they should make Danny a homicide cop, he's not boring there. i Knew Katie was one of the crooks, when she dissapeared before the girls passed out from having their drinks spiked. I was surprised the cops didn't at least look at her involvement, when she had run away from the safety of the crime scene, yes she could have just been scared, but at least investigate. I did expect though that Katie would turn out to be Gillian's niece, so I guess the writers aren't as lame as I thought.

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Your like me, i try my hardest not to come in here as i watch in the evening after work today and its soo hard not to peek so on my break at work i end up giving in.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

gave the ep a B.

it was ok. i found it to be a bit boring most of the time.

good twists though with the father asking the kidnapper if his daughter was there and the beginning where it looked like the girls were friends but the one girl is in on the whole thing.

the scenes i really liked were when Danny got a hold of the one suspect and pulled the locker she was in down and sat on it haha. that is one of my all time fave scenes of the series, i love how he told her to be quiet he was on the phone. the scene where Sid and Lindsay tag teamed Mac with some info was good as well.

it was a descent ep but not one i would come back from a 3 week break with.

the season has been going well the eps have been good but it just seems boring to me, i feel like the speed of the eps need to be picked up a bit.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I got up late this morning, putzed around, watched "Designed to Sell" (Lisa LaPorta is so adorable) - then I watched the episode. :p I jotted down some stuff while I watched, so I'm going to write that out before I scroll up and read through everybody else's posts.

One good thing about watching it the next day is that I got to skip commercials. ;)

Anyway, here goes:

~ Stormy effect - very dramatic.

~ Floating gum wrapper - how artistic.

~ Aw, Sheldon, you're such a dork with the whole 'direct correlation' thing - and you're pretty. :p

~ 'Looks like my Big Apple shirt theory holds up' - I *heart* you, Sheldon. :adore:

~ SID! :D

~ They have a drying room? Cool, I guess. :wtf:

~ Haha @ Danny's story about the shirt - you got your butt kicked, sweetheart, just admit it. :lol:

~ I love Sid, he's so awesome. :D

~ Sid and Lindsay as a tag team? Uh, no thanks. Sid yes, Lindsay no.

~ Danny and Flack! Happy early Valentine's Day to me. :D :D

~ Hee, 'Danno' :adore:

~ Danny got his ass kicked by a chick with a broom - this amuses me greatly. :p

~ That chase was cute, but it was way longer than it needed to be.

~ Hahaha @ Danny sitting on the cabinet (or whatever it was) with the girl inside, and his 'making a phone call' comment - and Flack saying he stinks. Oh, boys. :p

~ Hee, Flack in a henley - Danny and Flack, sharing fashion tips. :p

~ Hello, Gillian.

~ Once again with the lame music. :rolleyes:

~ Aww, Sheldon and Stella figuring out what happened to the guy was cute.

~ WTF - oh yeah, mustard factory was totally my first guess too. :rolleyes:

~ The flashback with the drugs - owowowowow, it hurts me. :wtf:

~ I love Flack with Willy (was his name Willy Burton? For some reason the press release says 'Williw Bostic' - lame typos again, or do my ears not work? :rolleyes:)

~ Haha, 'apologies to your mother' :lol:

~ Aw, Gillian. *hug* I teared up a little bit. :(

~ Good job with the bust - I'm curious about when Flack's going to have to return that favor.

~ More Danny and Flack - Rangers, hee! Danny knows how it is. :p

~ Mac will shoot you, fool. (But how in the hell is that guy a 'handsome young man' as listed in the press release when the actor is like 46??)

~ Aw, Sid. *cries* :(

~ They got you, bitch. :mad:

~ Aw, Mac walked - like Gillian used to. Very symbolic.

~ Preview: Hello, Craig T Nelson. Why is it when Stella goes to a party with a guy, a dead body shows up? First Frankie in "Stuck on You" and now this episode with the hot fireman from "Turbulence"? You do not have good luck, Stella.

Now, going through the posts in the thread:

Yeah, that was cute. :p

He definitely looked emotional - the girl did seem to fit the description of his daughter based on his comments back in "Not What it Looks Like", but even if she didn't I'm sure he'd be emotional. *hugs him* I hope we eventually get to see his daughter.

Bonus points if Adam flirts with her and gets scared when Sid gives him the evil eye or something. :lol: (Assuming she's over 18, of course. ;))

That was really funny. Sid, you're so random. :lol:

You know, even though I knew they apparently had some re-used scenes in this one, I didn't even notice it when I was watching. :lol:

Maybe it was the lack of Adam that dulled my observational skills. :p

He really needs to put the glasses back on. My older sister who rarely even watches the show noticed - and she said he wasn't as cute without them. :p

I wonder if maybe she was affected by the idea of some of these girls being alone and having no family - in another universe, she might have been one of those girls herself...

I suspect perhaps AJ wanted to do something else, so they gave him time off - they worked with him last year when he went to do Supernatural, so it's possible he was doing something like that again. (He did an interview where it implied that he might be going back to Supernatural for an episode, so it could specifically be that. :lol:)

Otherwise, I can't imagine why they'd leave out a contract cast member in the main credits - although I can't help hoping maybe they'll apply the same practice to a certain other member of the main cast at some point. *crosses fingers* :p

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

If I were limited to one word with which to describe last night's CSI:NY, it would be: boring. Aside from the gut-wrenching scene in which the missing daughter told her dead father how much she loved him, and how she knew he would come for her, "She's Not There" was a flaccid, uninspired slice of SRS Business tarted up as high drama. Maybe I'm just jaundiced because I've seen Taken, which deals with this issue in much grittier fashion, but the episode was long on shameless heartstring-tugging(Honestly, by the time Ormand gave Mac her cliched Tragic Tale Of WOE, they'd dispensed with pretense and were yanking on the damn things like a novice hooker on a john's derringer)and short on substance.

These girls are drugged and starved, yet when Miss Habis is reunited with her frantic father, she's the fresh-faced picture of youth, and utterly coherent. If she's been in the clutches of these evildoers for months, then why isn't she emaciated, exhausted, disoriented by drug use, and numbed by months of torment and horrific abuse? She should look wan and bedraggled, not bright and vivacious and dressed in designer clothes. Even if there was an unspecified interval between her rescue and reunion, she shouldn't have been so spry, and if they try and tell me that Stella let her "freshen up" in the crime lab bathroom, then I want to go there, because the NYPD is clearly sitting on the next fountain at Lourdes.

The same can be said for Roni. She's been gone a month; according to Taken, which despite its Hollywood roots has a more credible timeline than CSI:NY, the maximum time between kidnapping and absorption into sexual slavery is four days. Four. Yet Roni is still in New York four weeks later? Bzzzt. Fail. A girl that pretty would've been auctioned off to some skeevy perv in Tokyo or Morocco very quickly. She wouldn't be lingering daintily in a warehouse outfitted like a sorority sleepover, with clean mattresses and sheets.

On a minor note, is Ukranian even a language? "Russian" is, but I've never heard of "Ukranian" as a language. If it's not, way to fail and make Hawkes look like a moron, writers.

C- This well-intended episode suffered from terminal earnestness. Then again, I guess it's hard to expose the seamy underbelly of human trafficking when the networks are desperate to protect the children and keep it PG.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Solid A

Really a very good episode for many reasons

General:

One of the reasons is how they treated the human trafficking case and is a promise of a great end next week.
    Also the fact how all work together and there was not time for silly scenes. There were drama and genuine humor but not weak scenes
    You gotta love Flack-Mac, Flack-Danny, Stella-Hawkes, Stella-Danny and Mac/Stella scenes along with new and pleasent surprises as Sid/Lindsay or even Mac/Gillian.

Billy Brown---> thanks Mr. Brown for giving us excelllent proofs of your talent composing original background music for the show. Really music is necessary (and i am not talking only about pre recorded tracks) to make you "feel" the tension along with a good script. Love that piano theme used in that scene with Danny and Stella inside the interrogation room and in the teaser

Filming aspect---> Seriously i do think is one of the best points this seasons (if not the best). It started last year with Playing with Matches and this year became stronger. Love how some scenes make me feel i am watching a big movie scene instead of television.

Julia Ormond---> that's why i like her. Not romantic storyline but heartbreaking and serious. Gillian had a great chemistry with everyone and in special with Mac and she reminded me a lot of Stella (when she was heading with that girl to see her father's body for a moment i thought she was Stell. Much better than the last time she was in the show. It was given to Julia those minutes which made her shine! :) Very well dona that part where she told Mac about her brother and her missing niece

Stella---> i love Melina and i love Stella so i can't be as neutral as i should be. I think she was deeply affected by the case because she understood those parents' feelings but in reverse. I mean, at some point she said there were parents who were looking for their children and they didn't know where they were. Stella doesn't have kids but she could understood the situation because she is a"girl who never could find her parents"
    So i wouldn't be surprise if at some point she starts looking for her own parents in Greece
    Great scenes with Danny. Their intereation was very missed (it was lost at some pint between S2 and S3) so i'm glad they are working together again with that same type of delightful dynamic between them

her best scene was with taht father looking for her daughter. How she calmed him down and brought back his daughter to him with just a promise

Danny---> I feel i have felt a "déjà Vù" moment with him. He is the old Danny, playful, smart, hard worker. He mentioned his mother again and it's still a mistery if she is alive or not ;) With Flack they are a "two of a kind" team. And it made me laugh he worked outside with Flack and inside with Stella considering i think Flack, Stella and Adam are very alike

Flack---> love he is back full time :D His scenes with Danny were priceless but i still drool when he shares scenes with Mac (after all they still are my fav Slash couple). Being worried about his suit was hilarious. I think we can't be without Flack's remarks every episode :D

Hawkes-Stella---> Another one who is back full time :D i do do do do DO love the team with Stella (i only needed Adam to make another perfect trio) :D i truly enjoyed how they managed to re build that father's murder. I think i like Adam and Sheldon working with Stella because she doesn't just judge them. She enjoys them, their "brillancy" :D
    Ah! Sheldon has the most beautiful lips on tv :D (I needed to say that ;)

Mac---> i love his compassionate side. How he listened Gillian and understood the situation. Priceless his moments with her and i really like there wasn't any romance between them. That's how i could enjoy the whole situation and all the characters
    Also i liked how He and Stella are capable of communicating with each other without words. He doesn't have that level of empathy with no one. I can say the same about Stella with him ( and I'm being pretty objective at this point). The last scene explained by itself. Also i like his laugh when Flack talked about his suit :D

Nice findings:

The actor who potrayed the father ! I did believe he was a man in pain

A jewel as scene: I try to edit earlier but i don't know what happened. One of the best scenes was that one where Rani is standing in front to her father's body. How (before she talks to him) cleans up her lips and takes off her earrings was heartbreaking

Blooper????--> Stella did speak Russian (Blink 1.01) so i don't know why they should use the computer. Also of course she already knew the cyliric alphabet

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Yes Ukranian is a language, although most Ukranians will also speak Russian.

14. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

And I thought the text with the cyrillic writing was in Russian.. :rolleyes: And the girl spoke Russian too (at least I thought that with my language skills.. dunno if they're so perfect, but .. ) .. Or have I misunderstood how alike Ukrainian and Russian are as languages?

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have no idea how alike they are, the extent of my knowledge here is that Ukranian is a language :lol: