Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I pretty much agree with all of this. I have no problem with this case being "personal" for Nick. All the major cast members have had their "Very Special Episode" at one time or another. And lets not forget that Nick has always had a reputation for empathising with the victim. It's who he is and it's nice to see that tptb actually remembered that. (Yay for continuity :thumbsup:)

As for the Taylor Swift angle, that doesn't bother me. No, she may not be the best actress in the world but I'm willing to cut her a little slack. I don't see her as a wanna be starlet who's only using this role as some sort of stepping stone. From everything I've heard, she's a genuine fan and has been for years. And if she brings in a bunch of new viewers who have never really watched CSI, maybe some of them will become converts and stick around. That's how I got sucked in back in Season 4.....And the rest, as they say, is history. :p

2. teri

teri Victim

It is the same video as the youtube link..

Looks like it will be a good episode, I think Gum Drops is one of my favorite episodes, Nick is a great character and should be developed more.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just found this at TV.Com.

Makes my stomach churn. I hope it's not Mandy.

In the first part of the two part season finale, a member of the drug task force is murdered in an explosion which leads the team to a deadly street gang. Sergeant Curtis helps the team to solve the murder and to take down the gang. Also, the lab techs must take polygraph tests because it is suspected that there is a mole inside the lab.

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^I'm crossing my fingers that it's Hodges. Wendy was supposed to become a season regular this season, but she hasn't gotten much so far. Maybe it's her... If it's a mole inside the Lab, in general, then that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a tech. It would also be an interesting twist if it was Riley, but I hope that's not the case. Maybe it's just one of Grissom's dead pets though. If he has a fetal pig, maybe there's a pickled mole too...

5. DaveR

DaveR Victim

For this to be a "Mary-Sue" episode, the writer would have to be:

a) female
    b) in love with (in this case) Nick and wanting to create a character to channel that love
    c) have the character be perfect, and thus save Nick and have Nick fall in love with her because of that.

In other words, I really doubt it's a "Mary-Sue" episode.

Dave

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Anyone, anyone but Mandy!
    But I'm wondering if it's her because of what happened in the premier when Catherine sent her out of the room.

CSI has always been known to give us clues in a very subtle way. I'm wondering it that was a clue? Or just a herring to make us think it's Mandy when it could be someone else?

But if it's her, I'm going to be so sad.

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Sofia! Well, still only rumors but I can dream and hope that my dreams will come true. I want to see her so much in CSI, maybe we're going to know why she left LVPD... "dreaming on about Sofia's return"

I agree with happyharper13 that this ep can be a twist and don't need to be anyone from the lab techs.

8. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I figure they'll bring back Bobby Dawson and have him be the mole. They won't have Archie, Mandy, Wendy or Hodges be the bad guy because they are currently far more popular than poor Bobby who has been chained in the sub-plot basement for several seasons. IIRC, we've only seen him in one episode in recent years...the one with Hodges game.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  9. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

As sad as it would be that Bobby would be the mole, I think it would make for some comic relief because of that running gag in "Lab Rats." I could just see Hodges saying something like "I knew it!" :lol:

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think this finale info is a false spoiler, the same plot came out a week or so ago along with the plots for the rest of the season. I don't think it's real. I could be wrong.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

IF it's real, it better not be Mandy, otherwise I'm going to get VERY cranky on someone's ass.

And if they bring back Sofia just to kill her - someone will definitely die.

Wow, I'm very violent this morning. LOL

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I'm gonna join you on that one Drumchik-if it's Mandy..I'm going to be very, very mad.

But happyharper13 made a great point, maybe it's none of them as they are just suspected of being moles.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think it would suck if they brought back Sofia just to kill her. I don't want to see any lab techs turn out to be a mole besides Isn't the mole thing getting old? I mean we just dealt with that last season into this one and poor Warrick died as a result.

Speaking of Warrick, wouldn't Turn Turn Turn be a great opportunity for Gary to guest star since the ep takes place over a year? Would have been awesome if TPTB thought of that but I guess that would be too much to ask.

14. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Uhg, more moles? Dammit. CSI sure has an infestation problem, if you know what I mean. :wtf:

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

You are so right! That would be awesome! I miss Warrick ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.