Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I totally loved the BFFness between Billy and Marg. They were SO cute. They had great speeches. Was gorgeous :D

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Billy said it all..."SO beautiful" and the fact that he said it TWICE should definitley say something to everyone...MargaBilly forever :)

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Here's a question:

Catherine has never really had a female "friend" on the show. Someone she can just chat to. She had Lady Heather for an episode, and tptb seemed to like amping up the cattiness between Sara and Catherine, so who do you think would make a good friend for Cath?

My vote is either Sofia Curtis, or Wendy :D

4. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

Well I know I always hated it when they made Cath and Sara fight, because when those two did have friendly scenes together, it was always great.
    I think Riley is a little too young for Cath to be friends with her outside of work.

I would LOVE for Sofia to come back, I didn't like that they didn't give any explanation and she was just gone. But those two both have great attitudes and I think they'd make great friends.

Hmm...if it was possible to have this happen outside of my filthy brain, I would totally have Gillian Anderson come on and be Dana Scully for a few episodes. But that has nothing to do with your question. Heh. :devil:

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Continuing with kc's cross-over idea, I'd vote for Katherine from Desperate Housewives. I don't watch DH anymore, I just love seeing Marg and Dana together. lol. However, I think if Catherine and Katherine did know each other, there'd probably only be more catfights. :lol:

I've always thought that Catherine and Lady Heather had the potential to become close friends. They share similar experiences, they both have been through a lot in their lives, they respect each other, and they're both single mothers (well, Zoe is dead, but still...). It's a shame that they wrote Lady Heather only for Grissom. She could have been so much more than that.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I agree that Catherine and Lady Heather would be great friends. Erica said enough about it:)

Catherine and Sara - they both are so different but there was some spark between them. They really could be even much closer than they were. Their friendship would be great and very deep. Like KC, I don't like their fights 'cause things which were not in common would be a good way to make a closer friendship. They would try to understand each other much more.

Catherine and Sofia - I had never seen it. I loved Sofia but for me she was always closer to Sara.

I have no ideas for crossovers, but yours guys are really great. I'd love to see Cath and Dana Scully.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I was really disappointed when they kept going the angst route with Cath & Sara. (I remember how both Marg & Jorja fought TPTB about this at the beginning) They could have had more interesting storylines if they didn't constantly have them arguing, and allowing some personal discussion - kind of like Diane & Jill on NYPD Blue or even Cagney & Lacey back in the day. They would argue at times, but you also go to see the female bonding aspect of those duos.

I also think that Lady H would make a great friend to Catherine. They had so much in common, and it was clear in just that one little scene from SoLV where they talk about their kids, power & working in a man's world. I'd like to see Lady H back in a consultation capacity on the show, kind of like she ended up to be in her last episode. It would be great to continue that, now that Catherine's the supervisor.

I'd like to see a Catherine/Wendy friendship - especially if they're going to have Wendy in the field more now. They have Wendy ramble on with funny stories every now & then, so I think that would make a Cath & Wendy friendship enjoyable to watch.

I think I've resigned myself to them never bringing Sofia back, but it would be nice for her to come back. Cath & Sofia seemed to work fairly well together after Sofia became a cop. (remember the origami scene? or searching the apartment in double cross)

My choice for a Catherine confidant who is not a co-worker would be the reappearance of Catherine's sister, Nancy, who's been missing since the beginning of the Pilot episode, but has been mentioned in a few episodes.

If we're talking crossovers - I'd go with NCIS. It would be great (& kind of funny) to have Catherine working with either Ziva or Abby. Or maybe that's just because I've been having an NCIS season 3 dvd marathon this weekend. (or it could be that I've read the CSI/NCIS crossover fanfic "Starting over" one too many times! LOL)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

How I could forget Cath/Wendy friendship? That's definitely thing which I would love to see in the future if Wendy have more screentime and some scenes in the field (I want this from the beginning of the new season and I can't wait too long, lol). She and Cath had in the past eps some cute scenes and it should be more of it. Wendy really likes Cath, maybe she is some kind of her role model? Or thanks to Cath's attitude she wants to be a CSI? This storyline can be really interesting and fun.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Oh Erica, how you read my mind. As much as I LOVED :luvlove: Grissom and Lady Heather, I really wanted to see more of Catherine and Lady Heather's friendship develop. They really did connect on a different level than even Lady Heather and Grissom did. Both strong women, working in a male dominated world. Neither one of them took anything for granted and they made a name for themselves.

I think the 'cattiness' between Sara and Cath (and this is my own opinion) is that Sara was being pimped as the love interest for Grissom. I think TPTB wanted some tension between Sara and Cath so ultimately Sara would turn to Grissom (and eventually become is romantic interst) instead to Cath as a friend. Because we all know that Cath an Gil worked so well together but Cath was never 'meant' to be Gil's love interest, it was Sara. Again, that's my take on the whole Sara/Cath relationship especially in latter seasons.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hahaha Heather. I aim to please. I'm glad that I first redeemed your love for Billy and now am reading your mind regarding Lady Heather. :D

I'm not sure I agree with you regarding Sara, though. I seriously don't get why TPTB would write them as opposites most of the time, and I don't think it was because Sara was brought in as Grissom's love interest and needed to have that tension with Catherine. I mean don't they say if you want to please a man, you gotta please his sidekick first? lol. JMO. ;)

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hey, oh fellow Marg fans - the new CSI poll is up. With Marg of course. Go vote.

12. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

LOL im with you about Heather and Catherine...:devil:
    Anyway... you were talking about Cath and Sara (defintaley not my shipper) but i thought this was funny!:lol:

Lesbian captioner sued

Altho is fake, i found it hilarious... And she choosed Cath and Sara! LOL

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  13. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^I think you posted the picture twice, without the article/story/whatnot.

14. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Yep, i posted the pic, but i think Destiny already helped me LOL
    Anyway, it's edited now.

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

LOL. That article was classic. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.