Episode 7x14 - 'Smoke Gets In Your CSIs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 30, 2009.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can someone tell my why Khandi Alexander actually left the show? I know she's doing another pilot but was that all?

I should watch this one On Demand, I want to see Alexx again.

I have mixed feelings about ships onscreen. It's so hard to please everyone lol. I'm personally sad because I'm a H/C shipper myself.

2. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I think if they made it 2-epi's it would be full of fluff or all drawn out. It was sort of hard it keeping up with all the story lines but i liked it.... esp. the E and C moment....:thumbsup:

3. ThickRimmedGlas

ThickRimmedGlas Hit and Run

Ohhh... I really hope the staple cut comes back to haunt Ryan too!
    If he were to contract something from it, it would be a definite twist, and something different than the usual Miami style fist fighting, shoot outs and explosions. In a way isn't that a more CSI type thing instead of action hero type thing, and I'd be very eager to see that happen.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

As long as it isn't serious ,that's fine. There's been just as much happening to the characters lately as there has been fighting,shootouts and explosions.Do some lab work,give him antibiotics,and send home.Have him follow up with his doc in 10-14 days.

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

As long as he was shirtless, I would be perfectly fine with that storyline. Any storyline really.:)

6. ThickRimmedGlas

Ohh. Shirtless Ryan.

7. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

8. ThickRimmedGlas

9. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Ah I haven't been here in so long; I've missed it so much. However, I have had no reason to be here with RL as crazy as it is and CSIM lacking- until now.

Not perfect, but one of my favorites. There were many small issues I had with it:

-E/C is not my favorite. Whatever
    -Horatio's apparent lack of concern for Calleigh- they used to be so close, I miss it so much
    -Ryan's lack of concern- but it's okay because he got angry instead
    -Alexx didn't have enough screen time- just because I miss her

But the episode overall was amazing. Finally, some decent writing (I say decent because it seems like so many not-so-popular shows have amazing writing these days, but for Miami, it was freaking fantastic). The scene with Ryan and Cal was cute, but I wish he had visited her. Eric's concern was touching and sweet; when Alexx was stabilizing her and pleading with her to hold on I almost died. One of Emily's best performances to date. I always love her but she really captivated me this time. Every bit of the episode was real, and Emily made it that. The progression of her illness was raw and genuine, and I almost forgot I was watching a TV show. The water was a good idea- for some reason, her coughing in moments where a cough didn't sound right, drinking water, and facial expressions as she became worse and worse made the event that much more believable.

I thought Horatio was better this time. Besides the scene in the hospital, (David- love you, but the scene in the hospital was unconvincing. No concern whatsoever. Gosh, you guys are supposed to be close. Like, Grissom and Cath close, Mac and Stella close. Get that through your head) he was amazing. His closeness with Ryan is really showing; I love how there's some continuity from the undercover death fake scheme, and they have remained close since then. I love how Eric and H work together but Ryan and H are even better in my opinion. Maybe it's because Ryan just fits in with everyone, especially Calleigh and H, but this was so well done. The arm scene: "You've got another one" was great. And his scene with Alexx was touching- it reminded me that Horatio is sort of the lone wolf, and Alexx brought out the family man in him. It was adorable. I miss that Horatio oh-so-much.

Jon was wonderful. His interaction with Calleigh was brilliant, when he was calling for her to jump down from the fire I could see the concern in his eyes. Their teasing is hilarious. I really love them together, and while I can't have my way, I can take every bit of CaRWash I can get- like when he put his arm around her when they stumbled out of the house. Great. His intensity during the case was fantastic- Jon does a great job with playing Ryan, he really stole the show in my opinion (besides Calleigh of course). I've been noticing that as Eric falls deeper in whatever he is in with Calleigh (grr I want CaRWash), Ryan steps into the forefront. He was great with Horatio, ane seems to be maturing even more with every episode. I really love the character he's become, through everything he's gone through. To me, his past makes him that much of a better character. His gambling history and involvement with outside issues makes him realistic, and even more of a hero to me. It shows he's not perfect, but he does the right thing in the end and helps people when they need it, especially his friends. Kudos to Jon. Ryan ROCKS.

It's hard for me to like Miami for the plot, since I've accepted that it's just a bad show with great characters, but this episode shocked me. Kudos to the actors, ALL of them, for a stellar job. I couldn't have asked for more, really.

Does anyone know where I can find some screencaps? Ryan looked hot in both outfits, I NEED caps. :p

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The thread for next week's episode should be up either tomorrow or Saturday. (Fridays are usually ideal but Real Life sometimes gets in the way. ;))

You can find screencaps here courtesy of lusiana88, here from Florry86 and here from FallenForFlack. :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  11. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Thanks Gen! Appreciate it. :)

12. DCgirl07

DCgirl07 Victim

Okay, so I am a long time lurker and new poster but since I am watching the episode once again tonight, I just had to say that I enjoyed it. While I wish there had been some more team interaction, the little snippets we received were good. The beginning of the episode between Ryan and Calleigh was hysterical. The interaction between them was so sibling like, with Ryan being the little brother, and I loved it. Ryan was being feisty and it was great. I hope that we get to see some more of that in the future.

I also loved Ryan's moment when Cal said she was going back to get the body. He just had this look of "Woman, what the heck is wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?" followed by "Well, what am I supposed to do now?"

I do wish we had seen some more Alexx, but I did have a total squee moment when she first appeared. All of her scenes were great but especially the scene when Calleigh was first brought it. I love the fact that she was the responding ER doctor because she had heard that Calleigh was being brought in. It just shows how much she still loves her CSI family.

Everything else I could say has already been covered but let me just finish by saying that I love Emily Procter. She is fantastic!

13. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I loved the opening scene with Calleigh and Ryan.

"Do you realize you drive like a mad woman?"
    "So, uh, what is going on with you and Delko by the way?"
    "What are you talking about?"
    "Come on, Calleigh. You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

That was so cute. It shows that everyone can see that something is going on with them, like its no secret. Also, I realized that Ryan was in JEANS! I don't think I've ever seen him so casual! Eric was also in jeans throughout the episode!

I especially liked when Calleigh first woke up she was panicing, but as soon as she saw Eric's watch she immediately calmed down. The whole interaction between Calleigh and Eric at the end was so special. You can really see how much they care about each other. The only problem is that I know the writers are still going to strech this out until the end of the season. That would suck!