Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Hey ya'll, been a while since I posted in here, I haven't forgotten about CaRWash, still as dedicated as EVER!
    I just wanted to pop in to say how adorable I thought that opening scene with Ryan and Calleigh was; it was the playful banter of season3&4 shining through! About time!

"Do you realize that you drive like a mad woman?"-RW;
    "Well if you don't like it, next time you drive."-CD;
    "Well maybe I will."-RW

Gah, it only made me miss season 4 more though! What happened to CaRWash?! It's really sad however, I don't see much hope for it in the future. -_-

I had to edit it because I forgot about this momentarily...how adorable was that?! Ryan is so sweet and the concern and love is there people!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I like comment about her drive :guffaw: And i'm really hope that when he asking Calleigh about her and Delko he was jealous. I hate love triangles but now it's the only way for CaRWash :( I was so disappointed that he don't visit her in hospital :(

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*does happy dance* About time... and I'm sure that Calleigh would let him drive next time. But I nearly fell out of my chair when he asked what was going on with her and Delko. I think that's the first time anyone has asked that on the show and I really wanted to know what was on his mind when he asked that.

Me too... but he was too busy tracking down the arsonist. Did you see how he went after the perp? We finally saw some action! By the way, that brings up something that's been bugging me all day. Why wasn't he affected by the fire as well? I know that he didn't inhale as much smoke as Calleigh, but he did have to carry a dead body out of a burning house so that should lead to heavier breathing and at least some trouble breathing. Not to mention the chasing he did should have been somewhat out of breath... but we got nothing. I'm glad he's okay, but this could have been an opportunity for more CaRWash scenes. By the way, that doesn't mean that he couldn't have visited her later... *pokes TPTB* I'm thinking it's another one of those behind the scenes moments.

4. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

The last two Miami episodes I've watched had promising CaRWash scenes but then ended with angst on behalf of the other Calleigh ship. Booo... :(

BUT the scene we got in the horse racing episode a few weeks ago and then the beginning scene from yesterday's episode made my shipper heart smile! [​IMG] (Thanks for posting the pic with Ryan's hand on Calleigh's back, Bullet_Girl. Whoever's updating the episode quotes list from two pages ago need to add the cute banter they had in the first scene (and Ryan's right - Calleigh does drive like a mad woman! :lol:)

A few pics of Ryan willing to catch Calleigh and Calleigh refusing to go without the body in the attic. (Oh Cal, if only you listened to Ryan!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ryan: Calleigh!!!
    Calleigh: I'm going back for the body!

(These are their exact words.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ryan: Are you #&$^ing serious!? We gotta go, like, now!
    Calleigh: I'm a CSI first, and a mere mortal susceptible to smoke inhalation second!

(These not so much. ;))

[​IMG]

(In case you can't tell, she's totally got ahold of his hand there. Oh, and he's carrying the dead body.)

I wonder if I should post little pics of that horse racing episode? Anyone curious?

5. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

So I could have a mild heart attack right about now.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this episode, though I know how badly I've been wanting to see it. It was 11:00 at night when I realized I missed it yesterday. :(

So unfortunately, I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about regarding the latest episode, but BY THE LOOKS OF IT, THINGS ARE SHAPING UP. That sentence can easily go to "were shaping up". Man, I lack optimism today.

But anyways, awww, so we do get CaRWash scenes. Frankly, I'm just grateful that they're giving us some CaRWash action, cause I know I've been so deprived of it lately. I love the pictures/screencaps you shared Hestia and the_bullet_girl. I didn't see the promo(S) or any reviews but just seeing those pictures melted my heart :). Especially the one with Calleigh and Ryan holding hands. Good eye! I also love how worried Ryan looks, definitely something.

So in all honesty, was the episode a good one? I mean CaRWash-wise? I know there was bound to be some EC in it, but I want your perspectives on it. Also, this information would come in handy when I watch it on my DVR and I end up deleting it because I can't take all the EC.

PS, Hestia, I would love to see those pictures from the last episode 'And They're Offed'. I think I zoned out when Ryan and Calleigh interacted in the episode.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks Hestia, and the bullet girl for the wonderful pics. And Hestia, would definitely like to see those other pics, thanks! The fire scene looks quite intense. Def. some hand holding going on there (Hestia- I love your caps)
    Karu- I suppose everyone is different, and maybe Ryan wasn't as sensitive to the smoke. But it would have been good to have them both taken to hospital.
    Orla- I'm not sure I would like a love triangle. I'm just glad at the mo that Cal and Ryan are getting quality scenes together. That driving scene sounds cute. They need to return to the great relationship and banter these 2 had in s3 and 4. So at least we are heading in the right direction....

7. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I was a little surprise that their wasn't really any CarWash scenes in monday's episode, except for the opening scene which I thought was decent. I'm not dissing anyone but I'm really starting to hate eric lol. But I hope we get a or some scenes with ryan and calliegh.

8. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

THANK YOU. I was secretly praying someone would throw that out there. It's not that I hate him per se, it's that Ryan is one of my favorite characters on this show, and the fact that all we see now is Eric, Calleigh and Horatio, it's kind of been like Ryan's underappreciated, but anyways, my little rant.

I completely forgot to comment about the little scene they shared when they were driving in the car. Honestly, I'm surprised by it. Maybe i overanalyze into things, or maybe I'm still lacking optimism, but at this point, I really can't see them exchange words like that to each other. i'm not saying I wasn't freaking ecstatic when I heard they did, I'm just surprised is all.

Looks like I'll be holding onto the end of my couch when I watch this episode.

9. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Bahahaha! I know what you mean when it comes to Eric.
    I don't hate him, but then, his attitude with women has always irked me from the good old days of season 1. I always saw him as a player and I still see him like that, which is why I don't like Eric/Cal...I just don't think he's good enough for her.
    But then maybe that's the point, the writers always give her disasterous relationships!
    FYI, no offense intended to any other ships, it's just my opinion.

Anyway, don't want to go off point, I love CaRWash and I really don't get why they didn't try to hook them up. Afterall, the writers did say it was a possibility because of the strong following of CaRWash but I guess we won't get it any time soon...if ever! O_____o
    I'm sure we will get Calleigh and Ryan scenes but I doubt they'll have any substance!

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Maybe, but shouldn't he at least been checked out at the hospital just in case? I was reading the review for the episode and here's what they had to say about it.

Again, this all seems a little fishy to me... Ryan's not completely invulnerable so there should have been a check up to make sure he was okay. It almost looks like TPTB orchestrated it so that Ryan would not be in the way so they could have a E/C scene. What do you guys think?

'Tis extremely irksome... I really would like to know TPTB's reason for not going in a CaRWash direction. I guess they hired new writers 'cause right now, they're not giving Ryan any love. *pokes TPTB* Where are the season three and four writers? Bring 'em back!

11. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Well that's just lousy on our end. I know this show isn't big on continuity but they if they put Ryan on the job without even checking him up (and denying us of him and Cal sharing a hospital scene) simply to keep him from interrupting the overly mooshy bedside scene with he who is compared to the zirconium, then I'll be seriously annoyed. *sigh* I'm guessing that's what the writers did. Is there an e-mail address I can voice my support for more Calleigh/Ryan interaction?

In any case, on a bit of a lighter note, here are some screencaps from (I believe) the only scene they shared in the episode And They're Offed. It's from somewhere in the middle of the episode, Ryan is getting tox results from Calleigh and it ain't looking good.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(There’s Ryan waiting for Calleigh in the hallway. She’s there to deliver the tox results on his suspect/friend which are negative. She‘s got a sympathetic look on her face after she drops the news.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Ryan is confused and intrigued but mostly I like how he's all leaning towards her with his intense look. Calleigh proceeds to explain that Ryan's friend might not have used the cocaine but instead fixed races by drugging a horse.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(As you can tell, Ryan's not happy that his friend is gambling and doing illegal activities, which is totally making him look like an idiot in front of Calleigh. Then he gets this serious/sad look and tells Calleigh he doesn't know what to do. Aww.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(She promises to look into it and gives him another one of those tiny 'almost smiles'. I wish she'd smile a bit more at him.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(She leaves him to his self flagellation at the bad luck that seems to come his way lately. We don't even get a sympathetic arm touch or anything - I know your frustration, Ryan.)

Wow. I posted alot more about this tiny scene than about their bigger, more intense scene in fire episode. (BTW, Does anyone else think it's kinda funny that their interaction lead to a fire when they were at a crime scene? Remember the laptop from the Curse of the Coffin? :lol:)

12. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

Oooh, now it's all starting to come back to me. I do remember that scene, and I do believe as well that that was the only scene they shared together during the entire episode. When I look at those screencaps, I get so nostalgic and I start to think back to all of the scenes they shared with those similar sympathetic looks (like in 'Driven'). It's crazy, I want them together so bad.

That's pretty much been my assumption all along they've been pulling for EC to be together. That their only focus now is Eric and Calleigh. While I do enjoy drama in a show like CSI: Miami, but frankly, I'm almost scared to watch each new episode that airs because I know I raise my hopes up too high for CaRWash interaction, and then when nothing happens, it's like a big downfall. Well, at least to me, anyway.

Thanks for the screencaps, Hestia. I'm really pulling for some CaRWash interaction, even if it's just in the lab and stuff for the future episodes.

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I dunno... but if you want to voice your opinion, I'm right behind you. Just because TPTB are going in one direction, doesn't mean that they should abandon Calleigh's friendship with Ryan. *rummages around for the address*

*whistles* Talk about deja vu... those two always hang around guns and explosives so it's no wonder that everything's suddenly gone combustible. *pokes TPTB* You wanna see chemistry? Look no further...

14. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

Aww, Curse of the Coffin was so cute. I think it definitely deserves to be one of those...Classic CaRWash episodes, along with Deviant, Driven and Under the Influence. I know there's more, but those just came off at the top of my head.

I've always loved this ship for their chemistry. I mean, when you watch episodes with scenes like in Deviant or Curse of the Coffin, their chemistry just shines through. And you notice it a lot in Calleigh's tone of voice. I feel like she softens her voice when she's around him. And with Ryan, it was always like he was mesermized by her from the beginning. Sigh, make me float back to those good old days.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Totally seems that way. They were so determined to get their quota of EC in for the epi that they got Ryan out of the way as soon as possible. They could at least have had him go to the hospital with Cal to get checked up, and Eric could have rushed along later.

Thanks for the pics, Hestia. Aww, that last scene would have been the perfect time for a hug. He definitely needed one.

I agree, they have wonderful chemistry and it is evident in every scene they do. I dln't understand why TPTB dont utilize it more. Obviously they are sticking with the EC thing now, but that doesn't mean Cal shouldn't have good scenes and platonic relationships with the rest of the team.

It looks like Ryan is in for some more bad luck in future episodes. I hope that he gets lots of support, and hugs!, from Calleigh. It would be a perfect opportunity to show their concern and affection for one another