Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That outfit she wore in that scene was just....RAWR.

And that was a really weird thing to cut. I mean, if they wanted to cut something they thought was too racy (a la that channel cutting a KC/Boonie makeout scene) I'd get it, but seriously, what is with that?

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

How old is Catherine? I was on Wikipedia the other day (and yes, I know, Wikipedia is not the most accurate source) and it was noted that the CBS biography listed her as born in 1963 (making her 45), while in 'Living Legend' she said that she was 16 when Jaws came out, which would mean she was born in 1958 or '59. I'm mainly concerned because, in the story I'm writing, I had her as 13 in 1971. What is the consensus among Catherine fans about her age?

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It's true about the original biography. Though it's not on the official CSI site anymore, you can still find it in the CSI Companion Book. It says her birthdate is March 26, 1963. But the Living Legend bit is also true. I guess there's no other reason besides the show's lack of continuity. lol. If that's the way how TPTB make their show, I think fanfic writers may as well just create their own bio for the characters. :D

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I remember working out for one fic I was writing that Catherine was 7 years younger than Grissom. Because he had his 50th last year I assumed that made Catherine 43 and this year she would be 44.

5. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

6. ASbrag

ASbrag Victim

Hey y'all! I have alway just come in and "lurked," never really felt the need to post.. I was just wondering if any of you had heard if Marg would be attending the SAG awards tonight.. I know we would all really love to see her there even though she and Alan are separated and CSI didn't get any nominations...

7. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

I've been wondering that too...:confused:
    I'd love to see new pics of her and well, i'd love to see they're fine now... but who knows.

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I doubt Marg will be at the SAG Awards tonight..there's not much of a point of her going..CSI isn't up for anything and nothing else that is nominated includes Marg, as far as I know...I would like some more recent pictures of her though :)

If ya'll get on Margamania there are fresh videos of Marg arriving back in LA after Obama's inauguration. They ARE paparazzi so if anyone has issues with that, don't watch ;)

All picture talk aside, I'm really proud of the way Marg has handled Billy's graceful exit from CSI and how she has handled leaving/separating from/whatever Alan. She's a strong, independent, graceful woman and I LOVE her for that :) Her strength and courage are admirable...as are her looks ;)
    LOVE you Marg!!

9. 77MrsBrooks

77MrsBrooks Dead on Arrival

I really like what you said about Marg. It is sooo true. We love you, Margalicious

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I totally agree with what you said criminologist86 - it seems that, no matter how she feels, she takes it within her stride, and you have to admire her for that

11. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

I was reading this article about Obama's inaguration... Anybody knows what's this and when happened?:confused:

Source.
    http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=14067

12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Noooo clue what's up with that! I hadn't heard that...I knew Marg was at the ceremony but I didn't realize she was the MOC! If it's true, that's pretty sweet :)

13. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

First off, I know I'm baaad for being such a bad Marg (or CSI) fan lately. I've never seen season 8 before (nor season 9, but I'm not even planning to watch that). I'm catching up and all I can say is OMGHOT.
    Somehow I've never seen Marg looking so good before. No specific episode, she's so awesome in all the eps I've seen. Perfect hair, make-up, and some newish, wise personality. (Yes I know that she's been like that forever, but now I just see more from that.) Totally, totally love her.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

There were many balls that night, but one included a "Heroes" Ball that had a lot of the veterans there. Marg went as master of ceremonies - basically the host.

And Marg has been looking great lately. 50 looks AWESOME on her.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

*sneaks in* *looks around*

Hey ya'll. How's everyone been? :D Chinese New Year was a lot of fun and bah, here I am back at work again. Le sigh.

Anyway, I bet we all had a Margalicious week because of Billy's star ceremony. It was really great to see Marg as one of the speakers, and her speech was absolutely beautiful. I love how they kept eye contact and both got a little emotional during her speech, and that hug and kiss had me melt right on the spot. They have such an adorable friendship, never stop complimenting each other, telling people how great the other is and such. Marg was one of the people Billy thanked and this is what he said about her:

How freaking sweet was that? BFFs FTW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.