Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes, most of the season so far has been really good as far as Greg moments and screen time. There has only been 2 eps that were crappy. The Happy place and the lastest ep Disarmed and Dangerous.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah he has had some decent screen time overall this season. I guess I just really want to see him get a juicy episode again. He has not had any since Season 7 and his arch. I just ask for one more Greg-centric episode. Is that too much to ask? :(

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm afraid that for TPTB it really can be too much:(

4. SheShotSherlock

SheShotSherlock Witness

i think if they actually cared what we want they would've already given him a juicy episode or more scenes like the ones in the first seasons. :(

i'm afraid all we can do is wait.

5. Dizzney

Yeah I know. I just think they just do not care that much overall about his character anymore. They have all the new folks and Hodges to focus on...so it seems to me.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

New folks and Hodges are quite lame excuse for writers to not giving Greg ep. If they give ep Hodges... actually, they did. They can't do it second time (I hope only second 'cause I think about third or fourth one, nah, I'm not good today in counting). Greg needs to have some juicy ep.

7. Dizzney

Yeah they have had two lab rat focused eps, which primarily focused around Hodges character overall. I just wish the writers would realize us Greg fans would love to just see a bit more about him in general.

8. SheShotSherlock

SheShotSherlock Witness

totally agree. maybe they think he's not important anymore and he had his time on CSI where they actually cared about him and now he's just that one guy.. but i don't really believe this.
    we shouldn't blame hodges for all this, but it's so obvious that they give him way more attention than greg.

9. Dizzney

I do not blame Hodges overall or Wally because I like him, but the writers is who I blame and always have blamed. They have their favorites and cater to them only and Greg seems to not be a favorite anymore.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I totally agree with Dizz. All is writers' fault and no one more. They need to start listen more and more voice of Greg's fans.

11. Dizzney

But like I said I will wait out writing them until I see the rest of the season. If we do not get any more insight into Greg's character this season, I will let them know I want to see something next season. I mean after 9 seasons...come on! :lol:

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^ I understand what you guys are saying about the lack of screentime, but, as episode arcs go, I think it has less to do with any antipathy on the part of the writers toward Greg himself and more to do with the nature of the show. There just aren't that many character arcs, in general.

It feels like the only real character arc Warrick has had after the first few S1 episodes was his departure arc. (Then again, I've always felt that Warrick was the least used character on CSI, especially in the past few seasons. I've always felt like he's the character that they've most dropped the ball on, as it wasn't until Dourdan was leaving the show that they really did anything with the character. Ditto for Doc Robbins, even though he's not a CSI.)

Sara's had the DUI and the Living/Dead Doll-departure-and-departure-again arcs, Griss had the oterosclerosis (hope I spelled that right), Paul Millander and GSR (and the whole honey bee arc that he was supposed to get for S8 before the writers' strike) and Nick had Kristy, Grave Danger and Stalker. Brass had Ellie, Bullet Runs Through It and the shooting in Way To Go. I guess what defines an arc or personal storyline is subjective, but I really feel like Catherine is the only character who's really had more personal storylines than the rest of the main characters.

As much as I wish it weren't the case (at least not as much), the show is built a lot more on the drama of individual cases than it is on drama for the main characters.

13. Dizzney

I'm not asking for a Greg arc...just one single episode where he is the main guy working a case. That is all I am asking for. Like a Greg version of "Gum Drops".

14. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^ Okay cool. That I definitely agree with. It would be very nice (and very fair, IMO) to give him such a case. Especially to make up for Sara hijacking his in 'The Happy Place.' I guess I just got confused as to what constitutes an arc.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly. We don't need to have some individual thing (but all in all, let's face it, other characters had it a lot, Greg only once) but the case only for Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.