Is there too much romance in CSI: NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 1, 2008.

?

Is there too much romance in CSI: NY?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    43.1%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No opinion--I watch for the crime!

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. When is Hawkes going to get some loving???

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. CSIFANATIC

CSIFANATIC Hit and Run

Stop the D/L storyline. I'd love to see a Mac / Stella romance or even a Kendall Novak / Adam romance. But Danny and Lindsay ruin the show...

CATHERINE: What kind of perverse game are you playing here, Gil
    GRISSOM: I'm not a pervert
    -6x01 Bodies in Motion: CSI Crime Scene Investigation

2. Sammey

Sammey Victim

DL isn't exactly ruining the show. More or less, it's ruining Lindsay's character because ever since her relationship with Danny started, it seems like she can't stand on her own two feet. Like she depends on him.

3. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

ITA there's really has only been the focus the others were just hints of it and even with Flack/ANgel now thats still it...i could see if they were all in a relationship and the whole show changed dramatically but its still CSI......they do have lives in RL so it makes sense for them to in a show lol......jmo

4. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I personally think it's getting to be too much. All the relationships they have or decide to toy with are all usually connected to co-workers so it's kindda always there. Even when not up front and in your face. I would rather if you had to to put these people in relationships, that you put them with other people from outside of work.

In real life it's not one big co-worker incest fest.

5. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

this is not to one particular comment just in general.....

not saying with a co-worker just in lives general some may get together with a co-worker some not but trying to make a show realistic is hard and if they werent doing them having personal lives everyone who say dont they do anything but work lol they just cant win tptb lol.......hey everyone sees things differently.......

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i will agree that there is a bit too much romance... but at the same time i look at the romance as a bit of character development. we get to see the emotions of the characters that we would not see otherwise. with D/L we're seeing Danny grow up a bit. with Flack and Angell we get to see more of the Angell character and we get to see a caring, flirty, sexy side to Flack that we only got a hint of in "You Only Die Once" (imo).

the romance on the show is what gets people talking. whenever there are spoilers they're usually about D/L or F/A or if Mac might have some loving coming up.

look at it from a real life aspect of it too. it is possible that coworkers can have a ship. the ships on this show and all over tv are over dramatized for the sake of entertainment.

7. nver

nver Victim

Too much romance? Not really. I think the Danny/Lindsay thing has little to do with romance and a lot to do with melodrama and poor choices by the writers. I would like to see relationships with people outside of the office . . . the way it seems to be mostly in real life. We could meet their loves when they all get together for pizza or parties and hear about it in passing. What I know about co-workers is from comments made in passing; I don't know very many of them personally.

Don't most businesses have a non-fraternization policy?

I like seeing glimpses of their outside lives . . . lives from OUTSIDE the work place. It feels almost incestuous to be so involved with co-workers. In a city as large as NY, there should be no shortage of outside people our CSIs and cop can interact with.

Less romance within the group. But not necessarily no romance at all.

And, yes. Poor Hawkes. He needs a love interest!