CSI:Miami Road Trip #11: We Ain't Comin' Home

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Finch, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APL Manhattan, Miami, 4pm

Scott: *writing*

Tina: *walks over* Uh, sir?

Scott: Yeah.

Tina: I thought you were off an hour ago.

Scott: No.

Tina: ...Could I ask you a question?

Scott: Sure. *flips page, writing*

Tina: Are you going to take that job with SolQuest?

Scott: *lifts head*

Tina: It's going around the office.

Scott: I haven't decided yet.

Tina: Don't go.

Scott: *stares at Tina*

Tina: ...I know I haven't always seen eye-to-eye with you but you're the most honest, caring person I've ever known. It's nice to have someone here who watches our back and not because you have to but because you want to. I respect what you've done for us.

Scott: I appreciate that.

Tina: *tilts head* And the girls find you really nice to look at on a long day.

Scott: *takes off glasses, leans back in chair* So I've heard.

Tina: You're actually the first boss that hasn't harrassed me in some way. It's been a nice change.

Scott: I'm sorry that's happened.

Tina: *shrugs* It's in the past I guess.

Scott: Did this happen within the company?

Tina: I've only ever worked for this company so yeah.

Scott: *grabs paper and pen* Names?

Tina: ...Why?

Scott: Because I'm going to look into it.

Tina: *lifts brow* What for?

Scott: It's not right.

Tina: *grabs chair, sits* Peter Flagstaff, Michael Inisfail, Bill Walsh, H-

Scott: The CEO, Bill Walsh?

Tina: Yeah.

Scott: Was he the CEO at the time?

Tina: Mhm.

Scott: *frowns* What exactly did he do.

Tina: I was a few days shy of having this pretty little office. I got in the way of you taking this job. So he fired me. I begged him to just keep me in a lower position. I'm divorced with 2 kids at home, I couldn't start looking for a new job. So I had to sleep with him to stay where I am now.

Scott: *nods*

Tina: A little birdie told me he's been doing that to a lot of people. I wonder how the Mrs. feels about that.

Scott: *stands, grabs overcoat*

Tina: Where are you going?

Scott: New York.

Empire State Building, 7pm

Woman: His assistant says he's in a meeting with the executives.

Scott: Pull him out or I will.

Woman: ...Yes sir. *dials phone*

Scott: *looks around*

Woman: *on phone* Is there any way you can break him away for a few minutes? ...um...I'm not sure if it's an emergency...yes but it seems important...but-

Scott: Excuse me, where is this meeting taking place?

Woman: The conference room down the hall.

Scott: *walks away*

Woman: *stands* Except you can't go back there!

Conference room

Bill: *points to chart* And as you can see, profits have far surpassed our initial numbers 2 years ago. All of this is thanks to the strategy plan you have in front of you f-

Scott: *walks in* We need to talk.

Everyone looks at Scott

Bill: ...Mister Finch. This is highy inappropriate.

Scott: Good so you do understand that term. Let's go.

Bill: Um excuse me but you have no seniority here and if you continue to derail this conference, I'll have to put in a formal grievance against you.

Scott: Go ahead. In the meantime, get your ass into that office. Otherwise we're going to do this right here and trust me, you do not want these people to hear what I have to say.

Bill: ...No. You interrupted the meeting, so get it off your chest. I'm sure this'll be interesting. I can fire you afterward.

Scott: You're sexually harrassing the female employees. Making them sleep with you so they don't lose their jobs.

Bill: *stares at Scott*

Everyone looks at Bill

Scott: Interesting enough for you? Or shall I continue.

Bill: You have no evidence of that.

Scott: I don't suppose you knew about the camera in your office.

Bill: ...

Scott: You know, the one that's being reviewed as we speak. *waves hand* Ah don't worry though, you won't need to wait for the report. *pulls out blackberry* I have some of the 'evidence' right here. *hands over blackberry to executives*

Executives look over at blackberry

Bill: *laughs* This is ridiculous. You've been planning this. I want to find whoever put that camera into my office! Who are they!

Scott: It's a standard security camera, they're in every office. Apparently while other parts of you were up, you couldn't afford your eyes the same privelage.

Executive: How long has this been going on?

Scott: The tape goes back 4 months. That's 37 employees.

Bill: They were all consentual.

Scott: I'm sure that will comfort your wife.

Executive: *stands* I think I've heard enough. Bill, we're taking a vote now. All in favour of removing Bill Walsh as CEO of APL Manhattan?

Executives lift their hands

Bill: I vote against it!

Executive: You don't get a vote. I'm embarrassed for you and I'm disgusted. Let's get security in here and call the police.

Assistant walks out of room

Bill: I ran this company well! I saved it! We're up in profits 42%! You can't deny that! I even gave Scott a job! I DIDN'T HAVE TO!

Scott: No, you didn't. I appreciate what you did for me. But that doesn't excuse your unprofessionalism and treatment of the employees.

Bill: You think you're so perfect. You think you're above everyone just because you survived some terrorist attack a billion years ago. The big HERO has to save everyone, is that it? Do you go home at night and shine up those medals and honors? Pretend you're actually somebody. But you're not. You're no better than anyone else, you pretentious son-of-a-bitch. You deserved to die.

Scott: *stares at Bill*

Bill: I'll tell you who deserved to live. My brother. Did you know he took his daughter to work that day? His 7-year old daughter. Why did you GET TO LIVE! *lunges forward*

Executives grab Bill

Bill: THEY COULDN'T GET OUT!

Executive: Come on, step back.

Scott: ...I'm sorry.

Bill: *pushes past Executive, walks out of room*

Executive: Well...looks like we're after a new CEO...again.

Scott: Good luck with that.

Executive: Do you have any suggestions?

Scott: ...None of you want the job?

Executive: I'm sure some of us would be lying if we said we weren't interested but we're a bunch of old grubby suits near retirement and we can't keep up with the young crowd.

Scott: *smirks* Don't knock yourselves, there's a lot of energy left around this room. You fine ladies and gentlemen taught me a lot while I was CEO and you've all been a great benefit and will continue to be. That being said, now that I'm finished kissing ass-

Executives snicker

Scott: I have a few names in mind that you might consider going over. I'll e-mail them to you in the morning. Right now, I'd like to get home.

Executive: We'll have our people take you.

Scott: *nods*

House, living room, 10:30pm

Scott: *smiles, sits on couch*

Lori: *eyes flutter open*

Scott: And Stephanie is not in her crib because...

Lori: *looks at watch* Oh geez, I fell asleep.

Scott: It's okay, she looks comfortable.

Lori: Why were you in New York?

Scott: Work emergency. It's fine now.

Lori: So have you decided what you're going to do about SolQuest?

Scott: Yep. I'm going to turn them down.

Lori: *sigh* Good.

TBC........................

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

YOu see, this is why I like Scott so much. He drops everything...>EVERYTHING to get to New York to confront Bill, the sleaze of the moment. It's sad about Bill's brother, but, he was still doing a dirty thing, and well...he needed to be checked. Scott really knows how to look out for people. And the good thing is, he's keeping his job in Miami. Sweet!

Great update, Geni!

3. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well looks like Super Scott has saved the day only to returne home to his wife and child. Don't go anywhere folks I'm sure he has made another new enemy, and danger will insue shortly. I hope that he can handle whats about to hit the fan this time!

Great update Geni!

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Remind me next time to not read this in public places, because then I wanna laugh hysterically out loud, and that's a bad idea. :lol:

Let's hope Speed ends up okay. And yay for Scott kicking ass and turning down the other job! :D

Great updates!

5. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

Aww... I loved that! I think one of the bits that I especially loved is that after Scott was confronting Bill about his misconduct, he still shows he's got a very caring heart with his reaction to Bill's complaint about his brother and niece dying.

What a guy! God, Lori caught a great one, huh? :lol:

6. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Awww wow amazing update! :D

7. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Post #139

Yay... vacation time for Lori and Scott. Good for them, they need it.

Loved Speed explaining to Katie that she don't need to find love between the sheets. Good job Speed.

Poor Eric, he really needs to move his butt with Calleigh

hah.. loved the wroter's part... see that's me:lol:

Post #142

Katie's going out again, and could Speed be jealous:eek:

Scott and Lori... aww... they seem so happy.

Now Geni... don't screw with it:p:lol:

Post #146

Oh Katie... setting a wig full of Coke on fire, Speed higher then a kite. That can be bad.

:lol::lol:

Thank God I wasn't drinking at the time I read this.:lol: Love it.

Post #151

You know...

Why is it Scott always has this need to find himself tangled in these little messes. I'm happy he helped... but I have to agree, could there be trouble ahead. Guess we'll wait and see.

I'm glad he turned them down.:cool:

Great updates

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  8. Finch

:D Thanks so much for the reviews! :adore:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APL Manhattan, Miami, 11am

Scott: *writing*

Lori: *walks in*

Scott: *lifts eyes*

Lori: *smiles* Hi. Stephanie and I were in the neighborhood so I brought you some lunch.

Scott: *smiles* Really. *stands, walks over*

Steph reaches out arms, makes grabby hands

Scott: *smiling* Well hello young lady. *grabs Steph from Lori*

Lori: You weren't too busy, were you?

Scott: I'm never too busy for you both.

Steph touches Scott's face

Scott: *smiles*

Donna: BABY! *runs in*

Tina: *runs in* BABY!

Scott: *lifts brows*

Donna: OH SHE'S SOOO CUTE!

Tina: AW LOOK AT THE LITTLE BLONDE PIGTAILS!

Donna: *jumps up and down* I just wanna pinch her little cheeks! Is she yours?

Scott: *laughs* Yes.

Donna: Can we hold her? Can we play with her? OH! I WANNA TEACH HER PATTI-CAKE!

Tina: Can we please? Can we? Can we? We promise we won't break her.

Scott: *looks at Lori*

Lori: *nods*

Scott: Okay. *hands Steph over to Donna*

Donna: *gasp* I could just take her home.

Tina: ME NOW! I WANNA HOLD HER!

Donna: Shut up, it's my turn. *walks away*

Tina: Let's work out a schedule. *walks away*

Scott: *walks over to door, shuts it*

Lori: I quit my job.

Scott: *looks at Lori*

Lori: It's...I...well I know I need to make a living too, it's not your responsibilty to provide for us and everything but...with Steph needing someone around whose name isn't Josh Speedle, I think it would be best right now to stay home with her.

Scott: *walks over to desk, sits on it*

Lori: I won't be there forever, just until she's old enough for daycare or something. I'm never gonna learn this 'mother' stuff if I'm y'know...not there as the mother, right?

Scott: Right.

Lori: You're not mad, are you?

Scott: Why would I be mad?

Lori: Because I'm going backwards. I don't have a job, I'm living off of someone else's income, I-

Scott: You want to be home with our daughter. You want to spend time with her, bond with her, help her learn, *laughs* that's not a step backwards as far as I'm concerned. There's a big difference between putting your job aside for your child's benefit and sitting in the back of an alley with a needle up your arm because you don't want to work.

Lori: ...Yeah.

Scott: There are an inumerable amount of ways to continue to improve your life and take responsibility for yourself and sitting in an office making 100 000 grand a year doesn't have to be it.

Lori: ...I guess.

Scott: I think it's a good idea. As long as it's something you want to do.

Lori: *nods* It is.

Scott: Then go for it.

Lori: *smiles* Okay! *grabs Scott's face, kisses him*

Scott: *smiles*

Lori: Steph and I are going to go do some shopping. I'll get the hang of this 'mom' stuff yet. *opens door, runs*

Scott: *smiling, shakes head*

Condo, 4pm

Anni: *shakes head* I can't believe you got suspended FOR her. You do realize now we have NO money because you were covering Katie's ass.

Speed: I didn't do it 'for' her. I have seniority in the lab and any mistake she makes is my responsibility. I would have done the same for anyone else.

Anni: Doubtful. This thing between you two is getting ridiculous. What next, you going to take a bullet for her? You going to pay her bills? Sleep in her bed when she's cold and lonely at night? Because it's a hell of a lot more than you've ever done for me.

Speed: Excuse me? I did everything for you when you were sick.

Anni: Because you had to. Not because you wanted to.

Speed: I didn't want to hold you while you were in blistering pain? I didn't want to stay at your side at the hospital after you came out of surgery?

Anni: I might feel a sense of duty from you for whatever reason but I seldom feel love from you.

Speed: WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Anni: DON'T SCREAM AT ME!

Speed: AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!

Anni: KEEPING UP, YOU UNFAITHFUL BASTARD FUCKUP!

Speed: YEAH EVERYTHING'S MY FAULT! YOU'VE NEVER MADE A MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE!

Anni: I DON'T KEEP MAKING THE SAME ONES OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Speed: NO YOU'RE NOT THE ONE MARRYING ALL THE OBSESSIVE BITCHES!

Anni: ERGH! *shoves Speed*

Speed: *falls against wall*

Anni: *frowning*

Speed: *stares at Anni*

Anni: *walks over, punches Speed in the face*

Speed: UGH! *holds face*

Anni: *steps back*

Speed: *looks down at hand*

Anni: *stares at Speed*

Speed: *stands straight, looks at Anni*

Anni: Get out of my house.

Speed: *nods, leaves*

Anni: *rubs knuckles*

TBC..............................

9. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

It's good that Lori's doing the right thing by Steph, staying home and trying to bond. At least she's trying and she's doing it with determination. Finally, she can be happy and have it all. I'm so glad for her....

...on the flip side of things. Why do I feel like there's a 'this is better for both of us' line coming? Anni and Speed...what in the world are they going to do with each other? She's got a point though...Would he have done the same thing for her? It seems he's putting everything on the line for Katie and staying around as if out of duty for Anni. Question for Anni is, is it worth it to stay in something if it's out of duty and not love? I have a feeling I'm going to get my answer soon enough.

Great update, Geni! As always!

10. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Yeah for Lori! She needs some bonding time with Steph to get herself on track with the raising kids thingy. At least Scott undestands her and is good to let her stay at home with Steph.

Well I guess we can see where Speeds heading! Divorce Court. I just hope its not the Divorce court that on TV. Allthough that would be a pretty funny scene to play out in front of Tv audiance! Hmm you should think about that one.

Great update Geni

11. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

Geni, all I REALLY ask is that if Speed and Anni do indeed get divorced, please Please PLEASE do NOT have Anni screw Speed over. That happens FAR too much in divorce, the guy getting the short end of the stick. At least their kids are grown up, cuz that's the worst that tends to happen, aside from screwing over the guy. The kids ALWAYS get screwed over. I should know, my parents divorced when I was 2, which means that I got no say in it.

...WOW, talk about a tangent! xD All I was really trying to say is PLEASE don't have Anni screw Speed over if they DO end up getting divorced! PLEASE!!

Other than that, great update, Geni! ^^

12. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

I have to agree with Jenna. Besides, it doesn't seem like Anni's that way at all...At least from past experiences and such. She was such a go lucky kinda gal. IF they do go down that road, let them at least still be civil to each other. As with being screwed over, it bites when they can't get along as friends.

lol....I just had to add my two cents, I couldn't help it:D

13. Finch

:lol: I think I was going to have them go on Dr.Phil at one point (the entire RT team) but for some reason I scrapped it. There's probably still room for Jerry Springer/Maury/Montel/Dr.Phil/Court. :lol:

:shifty: :D

Thanks so much for the reviews!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSI Garage, 3 weeks later

Katie: *claps twice*

Hummerhome awning rolls out

Katie: *smiles* I love this thing.

Ryan: What are you doing?

Katie: AH! Geez, I'm just testing the systems.

Ryan: Without my permission.

Katie: Well excuse me HORATIO. I didn't realize I needed your permission to enter Switzerland.

Ryan: *lifts brow* Switzerland?

Katie: Yeah. Neutral ground. The point at which all the CSIs and company strip their rank and all political or workplace gripes and come together in peace for the sake of adventure and community. Keep up. *walks into Hummerhome*

Inside Hummerhome

Ryan: *walks in* I thought we did this because Horatio wants to have a heart attack and Eric was aiming to run naked through another country that wouldn't arrest him for it.

Katie: *lifts finger* You would be wrong.

Ryan: Anni, is that true?

Anni: Well...it's probably much simpler than Katie thinks. I joined because I was bored and had a few weeks off.

Katie: Hey didn't we meet at that mall?

Anni: Yeah you stole my dollar for the lockers at the waterpark.

Katie: I didn't steal it.

Anni: They call it something different in Missouri?

Katie: I simply borrowed it to get my locker.

Anni: That's stealing.

Katie: I paid you back.

Anni: You still haven't paid me back.

Katie: *rolls eyes* Fine. Have a dollar. *reaches into pocket, pulls out money*

Anni: That's Monopoly money.

Katie: It's still a dollar.

Anni: I want US currency.

Katie: *opens cabinet, grabs money* Here.

Anni: *looks down at money* This is Canadian currency.

Katie: What's the difference?

Anni: About 81 cents.

Katie: Well we were in Canada when I borrowed the money so technically...

Anni: Stop saying 'borrow'!

Katie: Then pay attention when you leave money sitting around.

Ryan: I think we far crossed the point here.

Katie: Shut up, you're not one of the 'originals'.

Ryan: Excuse me?

Katie: Yeah. It was Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Speed, me, Anni and Colton.

Anni: Why do you come before me?

Katie: Because I'm younger, I'm prettier, I'm funnier and I'm crazier. AND I have extra cool points for recruiting everyone else.

Anni: See the list should go like this. Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, me, Colton, KATIE.

Katie: What happened to Speed?

Anni: *frowns* We're not talking about him.

Katie: *rolls eyes* The point still stands. We're the originals and Ryan is a late-comer.

Ryan: Yeah but I'm a CSI so doesn't that mean I'm ahead of you guys on the totem pole?

Katie: No.

Ryan: Why not?

Katie: Because I said so. And I can think of a few people who aren't even ON this team that are higher up on the totem pole than you.

Ryan: Yeah? Who?

Katie: *smiles* Scott Finch.

Ryan: Who the hell is that?

Katie: Think Horatio Caine but 40 years younger.

Anni: *looks over, squints* He's more like John McClane but 30 years younger.

Katie: Nu uh. John McClane is a cop with a dirty mouth.

Anni: ...Horatio Caine is a cop.

Katie: But a real one.

Anni: ...Sure. You keep thinkin' that.

Katie: So maybe he's a cross between Horatio Caine and John McClane. OH! Blended together he can be John McCain!

Anni/Ryan: ...

Katie: Except...not.

Ryan: So again, who is this guy?

Katie: Awesomesauce.

Anni: Did you just call Scott...awesomesauce?

Katie: It's not like I called him tastysauce! I'm not a cougar.

Ryan: Okay, this is getting weird. I'm going to go.

Katie: NO! I'm not FINISHED.

Ryan: Finished what? Scaring the crap out of everyone?

Katie: Maybe.

Anni: Why don't you go to the lab and bother someone else.

Katie: I already tried that. Delko kicked me out of A/V.

Anni: Then go bother Calleigh. *pushes Katie out door*

Katie: ACK! *falls over*

Anni: Oops.

Katie: YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!

Anni: *smiles, waves* Bye! *slams door*

Katie: Ergh.

Ballistics lab

Calleigh: *picks up gun, points it forward*

Katie: *runs in* HI.

Calleigh: *flinches* Oh. Katie. What can I do for you?

Katie: Just came by to visit. Anni kicked me out of the Hummerhome.

Calleigh: I see. Well, grab a pair of earplugs.

Katie: *grabs earplugs, sticks them in ears* BUT I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!

Calleigh: *pulls trigger*

BAM BAM

Katie: *screams*

Calleigh: *looks back* What! What happened!

Katie: THE GUN SCARED ME! YOU SHOULD WARN PEOPLE BEFORE YOU DO THAT!

Calleigh: ...You're in a ballistics lab.

Katie: *pulls out earplugs* Huh? I can't hear you.

Calleigh: Maybe you should go...observe someone else.

Katie: You think Horatio's busy?

Calleigh: Horatio's at a crime scene.

Katie: Bummer. What about Tim?

Calleigh: He's in Trace.

Katie: Oooh. *runs away*

Calleigh: ...I'm probably going to regret saying that to her.

Trace lab

Katie: *runs in* TADA!

Speed: *presses button on GCMS, walks over to table*

Katie: Guess what!

Speed: *looks through microscope*

Katie: I'm buying a mail-order husband.

Speed: *lifts head*

Katie: *smiling*

Speed: Now you're sure these mail-order husbands aren't already married, right?

Katie: *smile fades* You're such an ass.

Speed: *tilts head, grabs folder*

Katie: So what's goin' on with you and Anni?

Speed: None of your business. *writing*

Katie: Rumour is you found your own place.

Speed: People around here need to find something else to do than gossip.

Katie: Aaaand rumour is that you're getting a divorce.

Speed: Is that right.

Katie: Mhm.

Speed: And who started these so-called rumours?

Katie: *shrugs* Who knows. But there's also a rumour going around that we're sleeping together so...you can't trust everything.

Speed: *nods*

Katie: You're still wearing your wedding ring.

Speed: I'm still married.

Katie: For now.

Speed: Go bother someone else.

Katie: I did. I was sent here to bother you and I'm on a ROLL.

Speed: *throws folder onto table, walks away*

Katie: HEY! WHERE YA GOIN'?

TBC....................

14. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Inspired,...so very inspired! I loved the echelon of the RTers, and how Katie and Anni get into it about their ranking. That was just so hilarious. This especially:

That just sums up katie for me...:lol:

Now...I wonder why everyone was trying to get rid of Katie? Could she be bored and annoying everyone? LOL...again, Katie at her finest. I wonder, however, where all these rumors are coming from? Hmmm, makes a person think!

Great going, Geni!

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well Leave it to Katie to Piss Anni, Ryan, Calleigh, & Speed off in an hour. Is that a personal record for her?

I think the Doctor Phil would be helarious, but so would Springer. Would be great if somehow Horatio thought it would be a good idea and they where all suppose to meet up for the Doctor Phil show, But only Speed & Katie ended up at the right studieo and all the others ended up at Springer where all the RT caos insued. Meanwhile Katie & Speed end up getting marrage counsling from Doctor phil and he make them see how they still belong together.

That way you get the best of both shows! You could always send Anni & Speed to divorce court in the end, and have it as a sorta joke haveing to go there since we no Speed will be pissed about having to go on the Doctor Phil Show. Lol!

Thats would be Kinda Funny! Anybody else see the humor that I see in it?

Great update Geni. Give my idea some thought!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.