"Disarmed & Dangerous" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

The ratings were good because of word of mouth of last episode...people got pumped...this is not going to the be the Ray Langston show...it is going to be a group effort then last night shoved that right down our throats...then you read further episodes and it's the students at the university, two students from the university,Langston testifying,on and on...people don't want it to be about one character but as last week's show showed,it can bring everybody in as a team....Last week was very good and people got excited...that's what everybody was talking about,the humor,the team....CSI WRITER'S NEED TO REWATCH THIS EPISODE...IT HAD MAGIC!!!!

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This episode also had repeats opposite it on other channels, hence a reason it got good ratings.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ray wasn't alone, he was with Brass, but he was still the only CSI there (at the mental hospital place).

4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Fox had Hell's Kitchen premiere....there was some good programming on the other channels,not convinced. People came to see what others were talking about...my opinion.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but they also had on American Idol Thursday at 8 pm which got the night's highest ratings and Hell's Kitchen followed that, so a lot of people who watched AI stayed on FOX and watched HK too.

I think the next time CSI is a new episode and everything else opposite it is new will be the true test in the ratings.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm assuming that most people's problem with this episode was the fact that Ray Langston was in it more than Grissom was in a normal episode the last couple seasons. But after watching this episode, I found this episode to be a vintage-CSI type episode. It had feelings of Season 2 and Season 3 episodes ("Bully for You" with the opening sequence in the bathroom, "The Hunger Artist" with the letter codes, and "Fight Night" with all the fighting club sequences).

This was definitely a Brass/Langston episode, and they both did some amazing work in this episode. The scene that stood out most was when Brass was going off on Miles and Langston was trying to keep Brass away from him. The scene said so much about both of their characters and was really, really powerful.

Riley has seemed to stay inconsistent from her beginning episode, from her personality to her amount of screentime. What I think makes her different though and worth watching is that she's different from her previous CSIs: Sara and Warrick. I will say that I do like Riley better in a ponytail though. :p

Dustin Lee Abraham has really improved in his writing and I give him kudos for that. He seems to be in a really good train of thought this season, and with that bringing out good episodes.

My grade: B+

7. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

ITA but probably not for the same reasons you're thinking. The way I see it, Brass is the jaded cop who has seen too much death (and a lot of it came in this episode). Not to mention the last time he got played, he got shot and nearly died. I have to think that Miles' saying he was going to put Brass in for a commendation was the last straw. Ray is still new. He's seen one charred body and felt sick. He's still green and unjaded. Pairing him up with someone as jaded as Brass is a great contrast.

Another interesting comparison between the two is Langston's comment to Miles about tilting at windmills. The way I see it, Langston is still tilting at his own windmills. Brass, however, has been hit by windmills. Soon enough Langston's going to get hit too.

8. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't think Ray was in it more than Grissom was in any eps really. I just thought Greg was in it too little for my tastes and in the AV lab which is Archie's job while Hodges was basically doing Greg's job. :wtf: Hodges had made it clear that he doesn't want to be a CSI yet they always have him doing the CSIs jobs... and this is not the first time. Honestly couldn't the writers come up with scenes for Hodges in the trace lab where he is more at home? I'm seriously starting to lose faith in these writers. I like Hodges yet they aren't using him to his best (where he's at his best- in the trace lab). I always did like Hodges' snarky moments, but it feels like the writers have toned him way down since Grissom left and that is unfortunate really.

Honestly I wish they had given Langston a different first name because I'm so used to typing Ryan (cause of my fics) that I automatically type the y first when trying to type "Ray". :lol:

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just unsticking this, please feel free to continue the discussion.

10. DaveR

DaveR Victim

I don't quite understand this statement. Hodges was really snarky last week, because Langston isn't Grissom, and only kind of mellowed at the end. This week he's hardly in the episode.

So I don't really see where Hodges is "toned down", but I could just be missing something.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I actually didn't pay attention to that scene. :lol: But perhaps snarky wasn't the correct word. I think maybe I meant sarcastic and how he's kind of always negative and pessimistic. Or was. Now he's only really snarky toward Ray because he misses Grissom, but he's not snarky just for the sake of being snarky.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

CSI is not an ensemble, it never has been, and never will be. The actors all have contracts, which states how much screen time they will get. LF is promised a certain amount, so they don't have much choice if they want a big name actor.

13. Greylady

Greylady Civilian

There is an actor who has been in a couple of commercials:

1. Fast food ad...Man eats spicy food and afterwards everytime he opens his mouth, flames shoot out.

2. Digorno Pizza ad...Man dances in his underware while eating pizza and is confronted be female who asks if he answered the door in his underware.
    asks is he answered the door like that.

I believe it is this actor and not Marc Vann who is in the recent Radio Shack ad.

Does anyone know this actor's name or the name of any TV shows or Movies that he has been in ?

14. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Just finished watching.

The begining scene could have been more scary if they put a music like the Exorcist theme music :scream: but it is still ok enough. :p

I liked Frank Whaley's acting, i liked angry Brass. Ray called him Jim, plus called David to Hodges , with their first name. Wendy was teaching him. So everyone in the lab seems ok with Ray now.

Where is Archie? Greg is doing his job again.This guy shouldn't be sitting on the desk. Archie should be back soon!
    Nick's scene with the big guy was seeming more exciting and touching to me in the promo. I don't know maybe i should rewatch the episode with subtitles later .

15. GregNickRyanFan

That was the main guy in the Radio Shack commercial, you're right. Marc Vann was in that guy's shirt pocket though.