CSI: DuCaine - Horatio/Calleigh scenes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EmeraldEyes06, Oct 15, 2008.

1. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

*skips into the thread* Hellooo!! :D :D

Thanks Linda and Mel for your kind words! :) They always make me smile! *returns hugs*

Here's another piece from Chapter 8 of the same novel, 'Heatwave'. Same drill as before, original words are in italics, and normal font is mine. Enjoy this one, this time from Calleigh's point-of-view. :)

Calleigh was smiling when he finally tracked her down, finding her not in the firearms lab but seated before the AFIS computor, working fingerprints.
    The Automated Fingerprint Identification System gave them a massive database of prints to check against, and judging by her smile, Calleigh had just hit one.
    Hands on his hips, Caine said, "You've found something."
    "Yes I have. I just identified Pablo Santoya."
    "Good for you — who is he?"
    Pointing out a picture on the monitor, she said, "Small-time freelancer. He's done a bit of everything over the years, but he's avoided hard prison time."
    Caine studied the picture of a Hispanic male who could be anywhere from twenty-five to thirty-five. Santoya had coal black curly hair and a droopy black mustache. To Caine, this seemed a possible match to the hitter seen at the first Archer hit and the Burnett attack.

On his cell phone, Caine punched in Burnett's number again...

He ended the call, then returned his attention to Calleigh. "Do we have any idea where Santoya is?"
    She handed him a slip of paper. "This is last known address."
    "These guys often have multiple cribs — "
    "Well, that one's all we've got."
    "Then I'll check it out."
    "Horatio — this isn't a nice man."
    He smiled. "I appreciate the concern."
    Lightly, she said, "No problem."

In those two words and the look in her eyes, Calleigh hoped to convey every ounce of concern and love that dwelt in her heart for the man standing in front of her. She wished she could be by his side when he went to investigate Santoya's place, but for now she was bound to the lab with many bullets to process.
    She gave him one last smile, which was warmly returned, and he was gone, his brisk footsteps echoing. She watched him, resisting the urge to run after him and insist on going with him.
    Even on the professional side of things, she always felt her heart skip a beat when they were alone, and he spoke to her quietly, almost intimately. If there was a man that embodied sensuality in her eyes, it was Horatio Caine.
    Calleigh went back to work with renewed energy, intent on making her Lieutenant proud.

I'm listening! :D :D Byee!!

2. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Aww... great update Emer. I loved this line

How true is that. Beautifully written Emer. Great job, looking forward to your next update.:)

*Psst... when is the kissing scene*

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice work, short or not. I hope you can write more soon.

4. EmeraldEyes06

Here's another update for you DuCaine fans. :) I'm so glad you're enjoying these, Linda and Mel. The books have inspired me so much, and they were written so well. I'm happy that they acknowledge the bond Horatio and Calleigh have, with all those scenes that make me smile.

So here we go. You know the drill. :) And I own nothing. (I wish I did... :rolleyes:)

Chapter 10 - Internal Affairs

The team was running on fumes now.

Horatio Caine tried to make up for the unjust effort he was demanding of his people by pushing himself the hardest. But even the normally effervescent Calleigh was fraying around the edges.
    When Caine stopped by to check Calleigh's progress with the background checks on the guards ot the King Federal Building, he found her bent over a pile of papers, her eyes home to a filigree of red, her silver-yellow hair (usually so carefully coifed) haphazardly pinned up out her way.
    "Any luck?" he asked.
    At least her smile hadn't dimmed. "Morning, Horatio. I consider it 'luck' I haven't passed out yet."
    He forced a smile. "Staying conscious is a plus, in this work."
    "Really? And when did you last catch some sleep?"
    "If we don't crack this in the next twenty-four hours, we'll all have plenty of time to nap."
    "When they bust us all back to traffic," she asked innocently, "will you still be in charge?"
    He did a rare thing for Horatio Caine, particularly at work: He laughed out loud.
    "Thanks, Calleigh. I needed that."
    "I'm glad..."

Truth be told, Calleigh was surprised and delighted to hear Horatio laugh, and knowing she had caused it, a secret part of her was thrilled to the core.
    Considering how grim this case was, Calleigh wanted to help her colleagues in any way she could, particularly Horatio, who was always the main focus of her efforts. She would give anyhting to see him smile, because it always warmed her when he did. He looked even more handsome, she had to admit.
    Pushing romantic thoughts to the side for now, she continued with a sympathetic smile,

"... But I'm afraid that's about all the help I have for you right now — these guards are squeakly clean."
    He sighed. "Not surprising. A federal facility had clearances of the highest order."
    A half-smirk dimpled the lovely face. "Not high enough to keep its gun lockup from turning into a lending library."
    "I hear you." He thought for a moment. Then he said, "It's time to take a hard look at a couple of federal higher-ups."
    "Ken LaRussa?"
    "Yeah. And after you finish with him, try Leonard Matthers, at the DEA."
    "We're fishing, aren't we?" she said, still smiling but glum.
    "AQfraid so. But the waters around Miami are perfect for that. Start with LaRussa."
    "He's been awfully co-operative."
    "What choice did he have?" Caine tilted his head. "It's his evidence lockup that's our lending library."
    "Yes, it is," she said, and got back to work.

Please let me know what you think. Byee!! :)

5. MacsLovlyAngl

Aww...yes he is:) but you need to stop pushing those romantic thoughts away;) Let them love.

Great update Emer, very well written, and each time I read the way you express them, it just brings them to life.

Great job:)

6. MacsGirlMel

yeah I agree :) more soon!

7. EmeraldEyes06

Hi again!! :) And 'Happy Valentine's Day'! :D

This is a scene from the same chapter as the last scene. Eric has busted an F.B.I agent and is celebrating with Calleigh and Speed(*sob* I still miss him! :() Horatio does not approve. Eeep! But I really liked the way Calleigh's reaction was written, and then Horatio's eloquence at the end made me laugh! :)

Here we go. Let me know what you think.

Coming around the back of the Hummer, Caine was not grinning: his grim expression froze his crew into embarassed silence.
    "Inappropriate," he said crisply, hands on his hips.

"I know we've bumped heads with Agent Sackheim and the FBI from time to time, and other federal agencies," he said, "but if this turns out the way it appears to be heading, it'll mean a black eye for all law enforcement in Miami."
    "Aren't you pleased that we're getting somewhere?" Calleigh asked, mildly defensive.

Caine frowned at her. Yet he saw the glint of fire in her eyes as she went on the defensive, and he knew that she was a force to be reckoned with.
    As he held her steely gaze with his own fierce stare, he knew this woman could hold her own in any given situation. Her reaction proved she had spirit, but nonetheless, he was not happy.

"Pleased about maybe busting other cops? No. And I doubt any of you are, either, if you think about it."
    Speed and Calleigh nodded, looking deflated.
    Caine immediately felt bad about berating them — after all these long hours, his people could have used a little team spirit, even if misguided.
    "Guys," he said gently, "if LaRussa's behind all of this... if he's the head librarian dispensing guns and drugs... we'll bust him and any other federal employee. We just won't gloat."

Caine said, "Another thing — make sure we do chapter and verse on this stuff, when it comes to logging it. I don't want anyone accusing us of making a switch on this end. This is the feds' batch of fleas."
    "Fleas?" Calleigh asked.
    "You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas," Caine said, eyebrows raised. "I don't want us to need a flea bath too."
    Calleigh smiled at him. "You're so eloquent, Horatio."
    He laughed once. "Get to work, you guys."

As they unloaded the Hummer in silence, Horatio began thinking about what he said earlier. He wished he could apologise better to the guys and to Calleigh, but her quip spoke volumes; all was forgiven, but not forgotten.
    As Calleigh unloaded the car, she turned and gave Horatio a look that said, 'I'm not through with you yet, mister,' a half smirk curving her lips. Horatio smiled back, looking over his sunglasses at her, feeling desire flicker to life within him.
    He discreetly averted his eyes as he would with Yelina, but there was no awkwardness in the action. He could see the fire in her eyes, beckoning to him; but to avoid any heated tension in front of the others, he avoided her alluring gaze.

See you next week! DuCaine forever!! :)

8. MacsLovlyAngl

Tease Emer. Always you stop:lol:

Great job. I love the tension between them. When they are around the team. And Horatio is right. Calleigh is always a force to be reckoned with.

Update soon. And Happy Valentines Day to you too.:)

9. MacsGirlMel

I thought I replied...guess not. Nice work :)

10. EmeraldEyes06

Hello! Thank you to Linda and Mel for your comments. :) And here's the next update.

You know the saying, 'Ask and you shall receive'? Well you asked me for romance and I'm giving it to you. :) I was inspired during the week and I wrote this piece as the aftermath of the novel 'Heat Wave'. When I was typing this up and listening to random songs on my iPod, I came across the song 'Nobody Wants to be Lonely'. I have always loved this song and it had always reminded me of H and Cal, so I added in the lyrics to the story, and they fit quite well actually!! :)

I hope you enjoy, this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Let me know what you think!

Here we go! :)

Epilogue to 'Heat Wave' - 'Nobody Wants to be Lonely'

It was dusk in Miami, the sun slowly and surely sinking beneath the horizon, painting the countless windows in the hundreds of buildings shimmering gold and burnishing the sapphire ocean, the amber waves crashing on the white shores.

In the Miami-Dade crime-lab, things were settling down, the dayshift's work complete, awaiting the arrival of the graveyard shift. It had been a long and arduous period, with the looming gang war barely averted, the many casualties on both sides, each and every lab-tech, detective and CSI pushed to their limits.
    Horatio exhaled a long sigh tinged with weariness, rubbing his eyes. He had just finished clearing his desk of paperwork. This case had been putting the moves on him, and taking its toll on himself and his team. He was just glad it was over, the relief pushing thoughts of Jeremy Burnett and Gabe Nickerson's vigilante activity to one side.
    Stifling a yawn, he decided to call it a night, feeling the need to escape from work for a small while.
    One thing he couldn't escape was Joanna Burnett's pending funeral. At least when he was working on solving the case, he couldn't focus on his grief. His mother taught him to confront and deal with his feelings, but lately...
    Putting a hand on his forehead, Horatio breathed deeply, the pain of her loss threatening to overwhelm him. He was determined to let grieving and mourning have their day, but he knew it was unwise to bottle it all up.
    'Talk to someone,' his conscience prompted. But to who? Smiling wryly to himself, Horatio knew there was no one left to talk to. They had all gone home for a well-deserved rest. And even if they were here, he wouldn't burden them with his problems. They had enough to deal with. He was supposed to be the foundation, the glue that held the team together. If he fell apart, what would become of them?
    Horatio got up, wincing as his body protested movement, and left his office, clicking the door shut behind him.
    As he walked through the corridors, he looked to his left into the ballistics lab out of pure habit, and his heart gave a sudden jump of surprise. Instead of it being empty, he saw Calleigh sitting there, bent over a case-file.

There you are, in a darkened room
    And you're all alone, looking out the window
    Your heart is cold and lost the will to love
    Like a broken arrow
    Here I stand in the shadows (In the shadows)
    Come to me, come to me
    Can't you see that

Feeling his mouth go dry, Horatio willed himself to stay calm. Why did he get nervous around her when they were alone? Was he a man or a schoolboy? Staying quiet, his eyes found her again and took her in like he had done before in that stolen moment when he had taken time to watch over her as she worked. It seemed like an age ago now.
    In an instant, he craved her presence near him. He wanted to tell her how proud he was of her, and to see how she was doing. Through all of the grim and bleak business of investigating murders, she truly was a light, a beacon in that darkness. And he knew deep down that she would listen to him if he felt the need to unburden his conscience. To be open with Calleigh was a dream that sustained him.

Nobody wants to be lonely
    Nobody wants to cry
    My body's longing to hold you
    So bad it hurts inside
    Time is precious and it's slipping away
    And I've been waiting for you all of my life (ohh)
    So why (why), why don't you let me love you

Calleigh was just finishing up some paperwork of her own, determined to put this case to bed once and for all. It had been tough and gruelling to say the least, and all she wanted right now was to leave her work behind her and let loose, have some fun. She smiled to herself, knowing that a girls' night out with her friends was long overdue.
    Suddenly, she felt a presence in the room other than her own. She turned to meet Horatio's eyes, surprise and pleasure at seeing him flooding through her.
    "Horatio," she said with a smile. Horatio gave her a smile of his own, and replied in a deep rumble, "Calleigh."
    Feeling a tremble run through her at the sound of her name on his lips, Calleigh dipped her head demurely to hide her blush. She turned away briefly from Horatio's gaze to sign her name on the case-file, and flipped it closed, intoning, "Case closed." Horatio nodded, echoing her, "Case closed."
    Turning back to Horatio, Calleigh rose and walked up to him, her eyes soft as was her voice, "How are you doing?"
    Her question surprised him, but he still managed to answer her, "I'm... I'm okay." Pause. "I appreciate you asking." Calleigh smiled. "I wouldn't care if I didn't ask."
    Horatio felt his heart skip a beat. He cared about her too on so many levels. He realised that fact even more when they were alone, and his attention was solely focused on her. He wasn't ashamed to admit that he had trouble thinking straight when she was looking at him the way she was now, and whenever she was so close...
    The silence was beginning to stretch, so Horatio spoke up again, saying quietly, "I'm proud of you, Calleigh." The sight of her eyes lighting up was his reward.
    "Thank you," she replied. A beat.
    Horatio watched as she raised her hands to his tie, lightly straightening it.
    "You look tired," she observed. He felt tired. Bone-weary and completely drained. "It's been a long haul," he said, flashing back to the difficult and heavy case they had just closed.
    "You should go gome, and get some rest. You deserve it." Calleigh put the slightest hint of insistence in her voice, hoping he would heed it. He needed to rest. Just rest.
    Horatio closed his eyes briefly, turning away from Calleigh slightly. "I've been thinking."
    "About what?" asked Calleigh. "About life."
    His answer temporarily stunned her. Her silence begged him to reply to her unspoken question.
    "Ever since Joanna died, I've been so focused on this case, so loaded with work, I never had the time to fully process what happened to her. I didn't even have time to stop and mourn her. But now with her funeral..." He stopped.
    Calleigh bit her lip, clasping her hands, unsure of what to do or say. He was being so open with her. All she wanted was to ease the pain he was feeling right now. But her rational side won out. She didn't want to back him into a corner, so she let him speak his mind, and she listened.
    Horatio continued in a voice that was just above a whisper, "I've come to realise in these last few days, Calleigh, even more that I did before, how brief, how fragile life is. 'A walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard now more'."
    Silence. "Macbeth," said Calleigh quietly, recognising the quote. A brief smile from Horatio, but his eyes held a faraway look.
    Gently putting her hand on his arm, Calleigh summoned all the tenderness and feeling she had for this man to show in her eyes.
    The touch of her hand shocked Horatio out of his trance, and he faced her again.
    "I know this is a difficult time for you, Horatio. But I just want you to know that if ever you want to talk about anything at all, I'm here for you. No matter what."
    Horatio felt a pull on his heart at her compassion and the depth of her caring.
    In a slightly raw whisper, "Thank you, Calleigh. Thank you." She smiled, giving his arm a soft squeeze.

Can you hear my voice, do you hear my song
    It's a seranade, so your heart can find me, ohh
    And suddenly you're flying down the stairs
    Into my arms, baby, ohh

Before I start going crazy (Going crazy, ohh)
    Run to me
    Run to me
    Cause I'm dying...

A brief pause passed by, before Calleigh did something impulsive that took all her courage to do.
    Beofre Horatio knew it, Calleigh had stepped even closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck in an embrace. He shut his eyes as her vanilla scent surrounded him, the silk of her hair brushing his cheek as she rested her head against his chest, next to his wildly beating heart.
    For a second or two, his hands hung uselessly by his sides, unsure of where to place them. But he slowly brought them to rest on her back, returning her hug.
    Calleigh's only thought was, 'I wish I could make things better for you. I wish I could.' She hugged him that bit tighter.
    Horatio exhaled shakily, feeling slightly overwhelmed by her display of affection. But he didn't want to let her go. Having her so close was pure Heaven.
    He turned his head to lightly kiss the crown of her head, and Calleigh smiled, delight spreading through her. What a step they had taken!
    They held each other for the longest time, finding comfort in each other.

Nobody wants to cry (I don't wanna cry)
    My body's longing to hold you (I'm longing to hold you)
    So bad it hurts inside
    And I've been waiting for you all of my life (ohh)
    So why
    Why, why don't you let me love you

When they pulled back from their embrace, Calleigh found herself close to Horatio, closer than she'd ever been. Her hands rested on his arms as she looked up into his face that was so familiar. His flame-red hair. Those eyes, such a startling shade of blue. His mouth...
    Feeling self-conscious for staring at him, she made to pull away, but Horatio stopped her. She looked up at him, albeit reluctantly, a question in her eyes as they flitted back and forth across his face. His expression was unreadable to her, but there was something in his eyes that caused her heartbeat to flutter.
    She watched as as he slowly raised his right hand that hovered towards her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ears. She shivered as he ran his fingers through the length of her hair and up again to slowly move behind her head.
    Calleigh's heartbeat began to quicken even more, and she let out a shaky breath.
    Horatio watched her expression, fearful of stepping over the line, of being too forward, seeing her amaranth lips tremble. He couldn't resist her allure any longer that called to him like a siren's song. He would die if he couldn't have her...

I wanna feel you need me (Feel you need me)
    Just like the air you're breathing (Breathing)
    I need you here in my life
    Don't walk away, don't walk away
    Don't walk away, walk away
    No, no, no, no...

Nobody wants to cry... yeah, yeah

Bending his head towards hers, Horatio reduced the gap between them to mere centimeters. stopping just short of Calleigh's mouth, hesitating. The aching grew stronger, almost unbearable as her breathing hitched and gusted across his lips. A mere second later and she had reached up to close the distance.
    White-hot pleasure exploded his senses at her kiss, the indescribable feeling shaking him to the core.
    He pulled her closer, angling his head so he could kiss her deeper, pressing his lips into hers even harder.Calleigh eagerly opened her mouth, her arms holding onto him tight and her fingers running through his hair. Horatio drank her in like a man dying of thirst, his kiss urging and passionate.
    Calleigh could feel her heart knocking in her chest. She didn't want this to end. Her hand drifted to cup Horatio's cheek, stroking her thumb along his skin.
    The touch of Calleigh's hand sent more sparks along Horatio's nerve endings. His hands splayed possessively along her back, keeping her close.
    Many long moments later, they broke apart, though loathe to seperate.
    Blinking blearily, Calleigh still cupped Horatio's cheek. Her lips felt pleasantly swollen after his kiss, and she could feel her legs shaking.
    The silence was broken only by their breathing that was slowly returing to normal.
    Horatio kept his eyes closed, resting his forehead against hers, regaining his control again. When he opened them and saw Calleigh's face, he knew that there was no one else in this world more beautiful or more pure than Calleigh Duquesne. She was his world, all he ever wanted.

Nobody wants to be lonely (Yeah ohh ooh)
    Nobody wants to cry (Nobody wants to cry)
    My body's longing to hold you (Is longing to hold you)
    So bad it hurts inside (Hurts inside)
    And I've been waiting for you all of my life (Ohh)
    So why (Why), why don't you let me love you
    Let me love you...

Doing his best to keep the shaking out of his voice, Horatio whispered, "Calleigh..." She gave him a smile. "Horatio," she replied, her voice caressing his name.
    He ducked his head slightly as if to avoid her gaze, gathering his courage. Raising his head again, he looked deep into her eyes.
    "I've never told anyone this before in my life..." He paused. Calleigh trembled, holding onto him.
    "Calleigh... I need you." Tears sprang to Calleigh's eyes at his admission, and she let out the smallest cry of happiness, hugging him close again. Horatio held her tight, feeling his chest swell with love and adoration for this woman.
    Calleigh shut her eyes in rapture. No one had ever needed her before, not like Horatio did. The thought filled her with such joy.
    She pulled back to face him again. Breathless, she said, "I don't know what to say." Horatio laughed. "You don't have to say anything."
    Calleigh let out a happy sigh, bracketing his face with her palms. Horatio took hold of her hands and kissed her fingers. They shared a look that was full of longing, that spoke promises of what was yet to come.
    Though reluctant to part, it was obvious that they both needed sleep to recharge their batteries. But as the old saying says, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.'
    Horatio gently released Calleigh's hands. She gave him a soft smile and a touch to his arm. "Goodnight, handsome." Horatio smiled back, knowing that this was the start of something amazing, and he swore to cherish every single moment.
    "Goodnight, Calleigh." And with that they parted, both of them knowing that they would never be lonely again. They had found each other

Nobody wants to cry (Nobody wants to cry...)
    My body's longing to hold you (I'm longing to hold you)
    So bad it hurts inside (So hurt inside)
    And I've been waiting for you all of my life
    So why (why), why don't you let me love you

Why (why), let me love you
    Why don't you let me love you
    Why, love you, let me love you

11. MacsGirlMel

awww *hugs them and you*

12. MacsLovlyAngl

Aww.. is right and more. That was amazing beautiful, amazingly well written. I loved, loved, loved it Emer. Great, fantastic job. I could feel each breath, each stroke. :)

Thanks for this Emer,:)

More soon, I hope:cool: