Predict CSI's Poison

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by lostladyknight, Jan 30, 2009.

1. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Last year in December I predicted Warrick's death. It was like there were huge neon signs pointing the show in that direction. Well, maybe I followed the evidence a little but still I knew it was coming. (The lessened screen time the past two seasons, the drugs, the fact a LVPD person had come near death the prior three seasons...)

So in this thread I thought it would be fun to predict what you guys think might happen this year for the finale? Anything you've seen leading us to a certain end this year? Do you think maybe it'll be tame?

Start theorizing and discussing.

Please put all spoiler related evidence in tags.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't really know what CSI's poison will be this season, but I hope it's different from the past four seasons. Season's five and seven had someone buried alive, and had the team rushing to find them. Season's six and eight had someone shot, and eventually in the eight, one got killed. It would be interesting to see something totally out of CSI's norm, which would be nice.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm thinking they will kill someone, but we won't know who died until the beginning of season 10.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh, I hate those storylines... it's always the worst cliffhanger ever, and you wait impatiently all summer with a slight hyperventilation problem, and then usually in the premiere you find out that there was pretty much no severe injuries at all except for that one-episode character that gets killed because somebody had to die. (What? I'm not talking about a different show... :shifty:)

Have we done legitimate kidnapping yet? Like, a CSI is taken hostage? Nick and Sara wasn't really the same thing... that was more of a "find them before they die" thing, rather than "find the person holding them". Is it bad that I actually can't remember if a CSI's been taken hostage yet?

I suppose we could always have a lab-takeover episode, like NY's "Snow Day". Although we wouldn't be able to win by Rambo!Characters because we're just not like that in Vegas...

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Oh, I don't know - I could totally see Marg taking someone down. LF too for that matter.

I predict that Grissom and Catherine will get together - and then dream that it comes true. LOL

6. lostladyknight

I actually think that you're on to something myfuturecsi and that they will kill an old recurring character that doesn't mean much. If we're lucky it'll be Conrad Ecklie but only because I'd be satisfied watching him die. (Is that wrong?) I've actually grown to really like him but still... old grudges die hard. Plus I really doubt that he'd be the one to croak.

Meanwhile I would really like it if they decided to bring Ellie Brass back and have something happen to her. I mean... I wouldn't enjoy it but anyone who's had a person like Ellie in their life knows that sometimes you just wonder when you'll get the call they've died. It would be really exciting to watch a Brass-centered story line around him trying to find and punish the guy who killed her. You know?

But I'd assume it'll be some other character we haven't seen or heard from in quite a while. I dunno though.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There are rumors going around that they will bring Sofia back and that she will be killed. I could see them doing this.

I doubt it would be Ecklie since he's been made Undersheriff. Possibly could be Rory Atwater who I think is now the mayor or something?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  8. lostladyknight

I'd thought about Sofia as well but hadn't heard the rumor. I would love to have her back but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to recover if they killed her. It would feel like I'd lost too much from the show. I had heard the rumors that they were going to kill someone this season also but had really hoped that Sofia wouldn't be the one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  9. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

What happened to the days in which they just ended the season in May, without killing someone? I know they want ratings but sheesh, haven't we been through enough on this show the past couple of seasons?

I really don't want Sofia to come back, just to get offed. I love Sofia. It's bad enough we didn't know why she left after the beginning of last year.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually while this is a good thread to speculate in, I don't think it would be a good idea to put in spoilers, we have a lab for that. Other then that I have no problem with this topic. :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

What if the ep where Cavaliere got hurt was foreshadowing that something worse will happen to him later on in the season?

What if LF was only here for one season and they get a new "star" every season? :lol: That would be quite the twist and keep things fresh at the same time. I still wish they hadn't killed off Keppler then we could have had him taking over for WP, but of course the actor didn't want to do a series full time. OH well.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I agree that the recurring character death could be interesting (like 'Inside the Box') and that the 'will *insert main character here* live?' angle is getting a little old. That said, I'd guess that, given the direction this season has been going thus far, I'd expect that the season finale will look at a personal issue for Ray in some way. I definitely wonder if the scene where he takes off his wedding ring is some kind of foreshadowing for issues to come later.

As to the hostage situation, they haven't done it in Vegas, but I'm fairly certain that I heard about them doing that in NY or Miami. So it'd be kind of repetition, but not entirely. I'm not sure how many of the Vegas fans watch Miami and NY, and vice versa. Personally, I stopped watching Miami ages ago because I couldn't stand a certain character (who I will refrain from bashing in any way this time), and never really had the time or chance to watch NY, so I wouldn't find a hostage situation annoying, but I'd imagine that viewers who watch all three shows might get somewhat annoyed with that angle.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

In a way, Nick was held hostage in "Stalker", but that could be depending on point of view and take.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I was going to say that same thing. :lol: And Sara in "Committed" and Brass in the ep where he was shot and kind of sort of Keppler in the ep where he was killed. Lindsay was held hostage too.

15. lostladyknight

Yeah. We've had a lot of "mini" hostage situations. Ones that don't last more than a few minutes and then end up resolved fairly quickly. I think that the most notable one would be when Brass was taken just because of all the swat and such that they had there to back him up. Then again there's also "The Finger" where Catherine was taken by that suspect. And the episode in the bank (Inside the Box?) where we saw the Det. Get killed is another example of a hostage situation.

I think that a massive hostage situation would be exciting. Something where a lot of people's lives are in danger and perhaps a CSI or two are trapped? It would be nice to see Riley involved to give her a bit more demension... we haven't even heard her speak in several episodes. I'd like to get to know her more. But I think it's very unlikely that we'll see anything like that this season. It seems like something the writers would have to spend a deal of time planning and they've already planned so much for this season--let's face it planning isn't their strong suit.

I could see either the death of a nameless (or perhaps named but unimportant) character being a plausible close for the season. OR Perhaps something more along the lines of what HappyHarper13 mentioned with the whole personal story line for LF thing. Which I think would really upset me. I get that he's a great thing to happen to our show and signing him was probably a saving grace but I have a really big problem with the show becoming all about him. I remember a time when the show was about all of the charcters as a collective. It was an ensamble not a one man show. Still... I think it's logical that they'll do something with LF.