Riley/Lauren Lee Smith

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by happyharper13, Oct 26, 2008.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Here's a new spoiler about Riley from the Talk news desk:

Even though Langston will be the newest addition to the team, fellow newbie Riley will get some focus on CSI soon. In an upcoming episode, the audience will get to see why Riley "seems to have a chip on her shoulder," Smith told Mega Buzz. Someone close to the character was the victim of a crime, and Riley is still working through her feelings.

Nice interview! The part about dropping the 'oots' and 'aboots' was quite amusing. LLS definitely sounds very intelligent, and she has quite an interesting background. I'd imagine that would give her extra depth to add to the character. I'm glad to know that TPTB didn't just pick another pretty face for the role.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Sounds interesting. I am really excited about what her character brings us in this season.

3. lilou

lilou Rookie

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thank you for pics:) And ugh, I really hate watermarks.

Remember that you can post only six pics:)

5. happyharper13

Does anyone know where I could find an icon with Riley?

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

You can always check out LJs or ask someone to make one.

7. happyharper13

So what did you guys think of the latest episode? Some viewers seemed to think she was too harsh toward Ray in the scene with the father hitting his kid. The last scene with Greg & Nick in the new office was also quite amusing. Thoughts?

8. togofan444

togofan444 Prime Suspect

I loved the last scene. Greg, Nick, and Riley all sharing an office will be quite entertaining, and I hope there are scenes in upcoming episdoes of them in their office!
    I thought Riley stayed true to her character when talking to Ray, or what we know about the character so far.However, it was his first day, and she could have been considerate of that fact.

9. happyharper13

Very true. I kind of wonder if it had something to do with her parents being shrinks; that she would be slightly biased against anything related to psychology/social work. The other thing I think it might be related to is cynicism about law enforcement, even though that seems a bit odd for a CSI.

It was mentioned in a spoiler that an upcoming episode will mention how a close friend of hers was the victim of a crime. Perhaps her experience in relation to that crime made her rather cynical about how much police can actually do to help living victims, or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  10. CSIFANATIC

CSIFANATIC Hit and Run

I Love Riley Adams, She is much more interesting than Sara, Sofia or even Warrick. I thought Louise Lombard (Sofia) had come back when I saw the promo as well. RILEY ADAMS FOREVER

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This is my very first time posting in a Vegas CSI thread.
    This is the first season of Vegas CSI I've watched and liked and remembered any of what I watched.
    I love Lauren Lee Smith and her character Riley Adams. Makes me mad I missed her first episode of Vegas CSI. I used to watch Lauren Lee in Mutant X as Emma DeLauro. I've also seen an episode of The Dead Zone with her in it. Both of those shows are science fiction. Nice to see her doing a show that's more science and less fiction. I hope she sticks around for more than a season or 2.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WELCOME CAROLYN have fun, and on Riley I can't decide this soon, so far so good, but in saying that for now she doesn't have the depth of Jorja/Sara, the intensity the sweetness the kindness the feistiness when she felt wronged, I liked her immediatley, she's a great actress and shows so much emotion, and that pretty face her smile lights up a room.. which I haven't seen yet with Riley. She's not interesting nor exciting like Sara was, to me, and reminds me a bit of Sofia, but I don't want to judge her to harshley just yet and want to wait and see her express her acting skills a little bit better:confused:

13. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I think that the reason we havn't seen any depth from Riley is that it has not been the right moment. CSI:CSI has had alot of drama recently and it is nice to have a character who can lighten the mood. But, I think that we will see her depth eventually, just right now is not the right time. I have to say that although I miss Sara and Warrick I instantly liked Riley. She is what the team needed. I think anyway........

14. lilou

lilou Rookie

For me it's the opposite. I never like sara. For me she was a child who wait for her daddy and do whim. Riley is more fun. She's sparkling and she doesn't do what she do for please somebody. She say whet she think and don't cry for be love.
    Riley is a really a light for the show.
    I'm so happy that Riley is here now. And I love Lauren lee smith. She's so great!!!

15. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

Hey, just thought i'd wade in here. I actually like Riley - i think her characters interesting in its own way, she isnt your typical newbie so to speak, i think she has a past that - whilst its not crippling to her everyday existance - it affects the way she acts towards people and situations.

I understand why we havnt really seen much of her (even though it ticks me off haha), i think the writers are trying to get the audience to like or atleast get to know Ray, its more important for the show that Grissoms replacement is firmly cemented into the audiences mind from the offset, that can't be done if both of the new characters had equal introduction time. The audience would be bombarded with all this new information...if that makes any sense.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009