Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

hiya Vixster :thumbsup: i agree with everything you said, i think it was definitely at the beginning of season 4 that Grissom became more...solemn. (in a good way!) like if he had never gone through that change GSR wouldn't have even stood a chance because the risk was too great, with the beard came sophistication and i think he started to put things into perspective and try to shift the weight of his priority's. i think as Grissom hits this change though, Sara's subtlety towards the matter becomes more apparent to him so that by season 5 we were basically using "when" not "if" it all worked out for them but it took about 3 close-calls for Grissom to realize that he could have a life with her, and you could really tell that he cared so much :adore:

HoneyBee, i know what you mean, i hate all the negativity towards GSR on the boards :( however they stray away from the GSR forum and are doing it on unrelated forums so they're at perfect liberty, but they are discriminating our faith in this ship in a way. and i think i know EXACTLY who you're talking about although i've seen many, it's narrowed down to about 3/4 people that just will. not. stop.
    however we're all entitled to our own opinions..it's just how we express them *sigh*

lol, SA_Kate_937 i feel the exact same way! i don't think this happiness will ever fade! ...despite the fact that it was probably the very last scene we'll get for a year.
    except i've noticed something, in one way or another, the finale of every season is always listed on GSR sites as a GSR filled episode..
    The Strip Strangler
    The Hunger Artist
    ...well Play with Fire
    was close to the end :rolleyes: but no matter what anybody says Inside the Box had definite sexual tension :)
    Bloodlines
    Grave Danger
    Way To Go
    Living Doll
    For Gedda
    was an exception, but i'm faithful that they MIGHT be back for a finale... or just trying to convince myself... :lol:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

But of course! I have an deep and abiding fondness for Shakespeare's comedies. In fact, I am a big believer in happy endings. That's why I'm so very glad GSR ended the way it did! (Well, I suppose it hasn't technically ended. I mean, Grissom will likely return every now and again--and so might Sara.)

As I said before, I'm still watching CSI, even without Grissom and Sara, and will get a little thrill every time they are referred to. I strongly feel that when we see Grissom again (and I think we will probably see him again at the end of the season or some time next season), he will have a ring on his finger. They may not mention it or make a big deal of it, but I think it will be there. It's the only thing that makes sense, really, seeing as they were going to marry before Sara's depressive tailspin. His decision to return to her and make her a priority in his life must mean that they are reaffirming their decision to marry. If it doesn't, then, well, the proposal scene makes no sense at all.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

As others have been warned in the past, this is NOT the thread (or anywhere on the board) to complain about other posters. It is also not the place to bring discussion from other threads into this one OR to complain about what other posters say in that thread. Discussion like that is best left to either PMs or IMs.

EVERYONE on this board has a right to their opinion whether they agree with you or not and bashing other posters will not be tolerated. So please keep the discussion limited to your ship.

This applies to everybody in here.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think we should keep the ship alive. there are still things to come and i'm sure that around march we'll start getting spoilers on Grissom's comeback. if my math is right, episode 200 should air in the beginning of April (i'm betting on April 9th or 16th since the season started a little late this year) so you guys who are spoiled will have enough to cover.

btw, i hear there were some spoilers leaking about Sara's pregnancy? anybody care to fill me in? ;) i'm almost sure that when he comes back to consult he is either going to/fixing to be married or waiting for a baby. :D

5. JorjaFoxFan

i have not heard these, but i would love to! :lol:

April seems a far ways away...however like adzix said, we have to keep this ship alive :D IMO, TPTB are very tuned into fan opinions so if they know GSR is still strong and we're just anxiously awaiting a return, they're more likely to give us one, rather than knowing that the relationship left with the actors. :shifty:

i also thought i'd add this little excerpt from and interview given Wednesday, March 21, 2007 it's posted on a few sites and it's rather motivational in our times of need =P

" as the characters were introduced as having a mysterious past history that hinted at more than just a mentor and student bond. While both at times were shown in fleeting relationships with other people, it turns out now that they've been together for a while. Last year's season finale revealed their ongoing liaison to the viewers, though not to their co-workers.

William Petersen says that Grissom and Sara have "been together for a while; it's just that no one knew it. It's an interesting thing to play and it's somewhat fraught with danger. In Grissom's mind, it's a secret affair. I don't think he knows what will happen."

Apparently their fellow CSIs aren't very astute investigators, if they haven't noticed the little clues to their evolved relationship that fans have this season, such as Grissom bringing dinner to Sara (and only Sara) while she and some of the other CSIs worked late one night, as well as a certain incident with an overly loud radio. Then again, Sara's always been a bit of a teacher's pet, so maybe they can be excused. "

this was taken just before Empty Eyes of S/7 aired :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. HoneyBee

HoneyBee Dead on Arrival

deleted...

7. HoneyBee

HoneyBee Dead on Arrival

Sorry… I guess I don’t quite understand the rules…. I apologize

I thought I was relevantly responding to two other posters who share some of my thoughts and feelings…, plus I can’t PM or IM

Ali319 said:

"I lurk occasionally but rarely log in to post because, honestly, so many of the other threads on this site are so hostile that even the smallest Grissom/Sara reference (and I really do try to limit relationship comments outside this thread) is met with rudeness. It's become impossible to have an insightful conversation about the show on the boards I used to frequent here. It's been especially trying this season, when so much of what was going on related back to Sara's departure. Try talking about LOATR without referencing Sara's importance to Grissom ...”

And DesertWind said:

“Ya' got that right ali lord have mercy, I posted this on the "One To Go thread and got insuts and slammed horrible, instead of compliments, very strange and sad so unbeliveable and nasty. The e-mail was in fact about this episode and how great it was.. But I know I'm safe and in a good place on here ”

Apparently, others can "express themselves intensely" but we can’t even commiserate in our “Safe thread”

Maybe I will retreat back to just lurking….

HoneyBee

8. JorjaFoxFan

It's alright HoneyBee I'm almost positive that we've ALL had a warning at one point or another, however by talking about it here I suppose we're just adding fuel to the fire so they just want us to stick to what the thread was designed to discuss , if you don't use names as to avoid personal conflicts you could probably let it out on the rant thread =) gotta vent somehow :D
    please don't go back to lurking ! You sound like so much fun XD

anyways. I stand by what I said a few posts back in that we might get a guest appearence for one or both of the characters, or a phone call...anything, lol I think I might be getting a little desperate! however I'm still euphoric over One To Go :) I watched Way To Go the other day and it still has its old jazz.

on Thursday nights episode, I really loved laurence fishburne. I think he did a spectacular job. I can't remember if I've already said this on this thread, but it felt almost like I was watching to pilot of a brand new show...I don't really like Riley and there's no GSR moments to look forward to every week :( I miss S/7 when all was still good *frowns*

9. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

I’m probably the last one on the GSR train for One To Go. But I’ll post my ramblings anyway…
    And all I can say is this “ship is unsinkable”. I must’ve watched the geek kiss vid for umpteenth times and drool over the pics. Hmmm, really pretty great at mouth to mouth.
    From “I duno what to do about ‘this’” and 'THIS' is what we’ve got in the end. We have come a long way (baby!), and definitely we are NOT saying goodbye! This was where it all made sense to Grissom, here with Sara in his arms. Now he’s home at last, in the safe haven of rainforest with his bugs and all.
    === >>>> [​IMG]

We could only anticipate the making/arrival of a geek baby by the name of ??? (*who won the vote when we made the survey here?* - was it Warrick James, in honor of Warrick Brown?). Errr.. Moby Dick? *ducks from flying object*
    ---
    On other note. I have some queries though and I would appreciate some enlightenment/humor from fellow nuts….
    Firstly, (back to GSR Kiss) I wonder how many takes to shoot/get this geek kiss. I have some laugh when I read the David Rambo interview that in Goodbye & Good luck, they had at least some 3 or 4 to get ‘this’ kiss right and it seems that this particular pic is rehearsed and yet…
    On the other hand, while filming the proposal scene in “The Case of the Cross-dressing Carp”, even though we only have the ‘almost’ kiss due the costume restrictions, behind the scene they have it as I quote (more from DR interview)
    Jorja’s very lucky or vice versa…

Secondly, what is there in the episode title that has something to do with GSR? Was it on purpose that ‘…TO GO’ is about gsr finale like “WAY TO GO’ then now “ONE TO GO” or just only a coincidence that writers put up with? SO in the future, we could assume that “… To Go..” is about GSR? :lol: Maybe the next time it would be "One Way To Go".. (just kidding)
    Same with ‘Nesting DOLL’ and ‘Dead DOLL’ / Living DOLL’, -- 'Doll' - significance to Sara? I haven’t got the answer on that. Whatever the connections, ill leave it up to the masters…

Happy Weekend to all! :)

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hi fans, how's everybody? I am so thrilled that you've all decided to keep this ship 'alive' as it should be, This romance is the only 'ship' that every sailed, and they were always going to end up together. I so admire Billy Petersen for not wavering faltering or changing that concept. I see that his breaking down and knowing what he had to do, is what he did, go to the only one he ever loved. I do try to understand the other posters, but not the negativity, is what I don't get:( what's the point? Did you all perk up when Ecklie said to Cath" "Gil didn't sell his condo" HMMM, why would the writers slip that little tid-bit in this ep.? unless when he returns, they'll have there place to go back to stay? The writers always do something un-expected don't they? but Cath: did talk about sending some of his stuff to Costa Rica, so they are still being discussed even thought their not here.. right now:shifty:An I can totally see a 'geek baby" why not, they're madly in love and both adore children wouldn't that be the next step, in this relationship? how exciting and wonderful!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  11. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

hey troops, hope you're all still smiling :D

i just caught the latest epi and was thrilled with the reference from Cath about sending some things "to the research station in Costa Rica" - they're settling in for a while in the sunshine then? yippeeee :thumbsup:

i also think it's cool that we still have the place in vegas 'just in case' - the excuse for him not selling up is realistic, and the fact that they both seem to believe he would have sold it otherwise is a testament to how completely committed Grissom is to his new life with Sara. it's all so good!!

LadyDisdain, the comedies are just amazing aren't they? and i too am an unabashed believer in happy endings. i think the GSR relationship has been one of the most realistic i've ever followed in actual fact. despite how insane it is, i know from my own experience (and others have said the same on this thread before) that life really can be like that when two people feel for each other but circumstances make it 'complicated' for them.

also wanted to throw in my agreement with your comments SA_Kate - in the early days it would have been unlikely to work between them long term. Sara was not on an equal footing with Grissom, and Grissom had not reached the point of really being able to see and acknowledge her for who she really is, or face his potential feelings for her.
    when you see Sara in S5 after the dui fallout she is a changed person - more self-confident in some ways, more honest in others, and less apologetic about herself. all this allows her to open up to Grissom, which in turn allows him to see her properly - perhaps for the first time? between the Snakes conversation and the Nesting Dolls baring of her soul, he's got to have realised that this is not just someone who is 'young and beautiful', who might offer him a new life only to take it away again... this is someone who is worth taking the risk for, someone who doesn't give her heart away lightly and - what i think is actually the crux of the matter - someone who themselves is risking everything for a shot with him. after all, for someone with so much experience of pain, betrayal and suffering, offering your inner secrets up on a plate with your heart is about as big a risk as you can take. she did; he had his head out of the microscope long enough to see it; he responded in kind. the rest is canon history :lol:

well, just a few of my thoughts anyways :p

12. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

I loved the ending in "One to Go." My friend Kirsten and I were watching it and I think my whole floor hear us shriek in excitement when Grissom kissed Sara.

13. JorjaFoxFan

hello :D i don't think i've ever seen you posting on this thread before? if so, welcome!! :bolian:
    i too loved the ending lol, as i've said a trillion ba jillion times =)
    as Desert said, it's great that we're keeping this thread alive, and i hope we continue to..obviously it won't be as active cause we won't be getting the next piece to the puzzle every week :(
    but we must stay strong ! :luvlove:

14. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I'm sure we'll find something to do with our time on here, JorjaFoxFan, we seem to have nothing better to do. We'll most probably start disecting every single sentence and word... But it'll be entertaining. This ship shall not die! The only ship that has sailed will not sink! And that so makes sense, about all the season finales... But I still remember howlong it took me to figure the song in Hunger Artist, I never even realized the meaning behind it until someone pointed it out... Then I clicked (bout 4 years later)

Lady Disdain, I agree about the proposal scene not making sense without a wedding but just to add to the confusion....

What happened to the coccoon?!?!?!

We all remember it, the one that Grissom sent Sara when he went on sabbatical... How could they just forget it?!?! :( Any fanfic worthy ideas? I know I have a few..

Ooh, a pregnancy would be cool? But it'll be hard to see Sara pregnant (imagine it...)

Don't lurk, HoneyBee!!!!

I totally agree! And you said it better than I did! Ah, GSR,what would we do without you...

x3nity!! completely awesome! And lastness is fine, we don't mind, we all love GSR. :) Thanks for another positive, hyperactiveness! And yes, everyone, watch out for 'To Go' from now on.

And thanks for the kissing goodness...

Kate.

PS: Sorry, I'm so bored in my dorm room! So gushing about GSR seemed like a good idea!

15. HoneyBee

HoneyBee Dead on Arrival

SA KATE 937:

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!--I'LL TRY NOT TO ONLY LURK.

Has anyone been thinking about how EXACTLY Grissom knew where to find Sara? Last we saw, she was on the ship/boat. I have been playing out some possibilities in my head. Here are my thoughts:

1. Grissom replied back to Sara's "I'm fine-goodbye" video... I am not sure what he said...
    2. Sara replied back and told him where she was--just in case he wanted to communicate.
    3. Sara's cell phone had GPS on it--so Grissom could locate her without her know he was coming.--She definitely did not expect him--the look on her face was of complete surprise, shock, and "WTF"...then utter joy.

Anyone else have thoughts on how Grissom knew where to find Sara?

HoneyBee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.