Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

:lol: it is a bit Dick Van Dyke. I'm British aswell and I wouldn't have recognised it. I think it is what non British people might think of as a british accent. He should have gone for scouse - that would have been hilarious

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The pics were great, but I really do miss the days when we had discussions about Danny's character. There's just not much to discuss these days, which really is a shame. He used to be such a dynamic character with so much going on, but there's not much to say these days. Whether you like him with Lindsay or not, a character in a happy relationship--whose demons have purposefully been swept under the rugs to accommodate that happy relationship--just isn't that interesting.

I do think Danny will be a good father, and I'm interested to see how that will change him/make him rethink his priorities. I don't know if I think it will make him a more interesting character though. I kind of wish they'd chosen to play the Ruben dynamic up--Danny should be going through massive turmoil because the last kid in his care was shot and killed due in part to the fact that he wasn't paying attention in the way he should have been. I would think that would really eat at Danny. That would be interesting to see.

At the end of the day, there are some characters who are just much, much more interesting when they're under the gun and going through emotionally taxing times, and I think Danny is one of those characters!

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

The fact that the writers have chosen 'move on' froms Rubens death is a tragedy in itself. The death of a child would have an everlasting effect on anyone but especially some as emotionally damaged as Danny. It is totally inconceivable that Rubens death and his role in that, wouldn't affect the way he approached impending fatherhood.

4. Top41

That's exactly how I feel. That was a rich, rich storyline and really, would actually create a very real emotional touchstone for Danny as he faced being a father himself. I feel like because Danny and Lindsay have had such a tumultuous relationship, now there's an effort to make everything seem all lovey dovey and happy and nice because they're expecting a baby. I wish it were being tackled more realistically, even if it is nice to see them both grow up a bit and actually act like adults in relating to each other. But seeing the Ruben story swept under the rug really is a shame.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Have they actually grown up and acted like adults in relating to each other? Lindsay wasn't going to tell Danny about the pregnancy until he saw her at the clinic and forced her hand. They've still never talked about any of their problems. They've hardly interacted at all except the time the baby kicked and Danny wanted Lindsay to let him know the next time it happened. Unless I'm forgetting some big event between the two I haven't seen anything that equates with growth or acting like adults so much as I've noticed any character development good or bad has just been ignored by the writers during this story line.

6. Top41

I'm thinking more the conversation between them at the end of "The Triangle." It was mitigated by the fact that Danny once again had to ask her for an explanation, but at least she made reasonable sense and he took it in a mature way (mature for Danny, at least :lol: :).

It does reek a bit of rewriting the characters and their relationship to fit the story, but the immaturity in their relationship over the course of the past three seasons was preposterous when you consider their ages, so really, to see them handling the baby well is a welcome relief. The fact that it's stripped Danny of the interesting aspects of his character and more interesting storylines, is, on the other hand, really unfortunate.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I feel they have tried to make the preganacy story work by kinda making both Danny and Lindsay 2 dimensional characters (to be fair Lindsay always has been). It's like 'here are 2 people having a baby, they are in love, whats past is past and bears no relevance anymore and thats all you need to know'.

8. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

I'm hoping that they bring in a really big story for both of them. Giving Carmine the chance to really show us what Danny is capable of (we've seen some of it already in previous seasons). It also gives us something good to watch!

9. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Danny was my favourite character at the start, I loved the interactions between him and Mac. The actor is excellent at portraying fear and anxiety without using dialogue. I was intrigued to know his back story, especially relating to his dad. I felt so sorry for him at the end of season 1, when he asked Mac if everything was ok between them and got "we'll see" as an answer and was waiting to see them together in season 2. We eventually got the cuddle (long hug) at the hospital when Danny was crying, that was sweet.

I understand Danny being immature for his age within relationships, he's definately emotionally damaged. I wonder if we will discover why Lindsay is the same. Mac definately babies her, although many male managers treat males and females differently, it still seems overdone.

Unfortunately, I don't even pay any attention to Danny now, unless he's with Don or Adam, the character has been drained out of him.

10. Top41

I completely agree. I think it's a shame, because he used to be the most interesting one to watch. Even if he didn't have a big storyline, he reacted emotionally so often that he always seemed to have a lot to do and say. He can't be defying Mac on every case, but an episode liked "Trapped" was so much fun to watch because of the way Danny reacted to everything.

I can't imagine an episode like "Trapped" being done with him now. :(

11. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

Please correct me if I'm wrong but won't Anna have to leave to have her baby in real life soon? Hopefully Danny will go back to how he was. Either that or the writers will make him all sullen and whiney, feeling like he's lost everything.

*Writers if you're reading this we want the old danny back!*

12. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

Sorry for the double post but I was outraged when I found this topic bumped to page 2!

Anyways for the Danny/Carmine lovers out there -
    Banana Pic

13. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

lmao! that is epic good.

He's got an impressive banana. :)

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Ah, you have just brightened up my very cold snowy monday morning - thank you!

15. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

As there's no group of people I know who love Carmine more than y'all I figured I'd share something I've been working on.

[​IMG]

It's a portrait done in oils. I played CSI NY and Ceesau the whole time I painted it. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.