Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^ i know me too! so not cool. i missed the golden globes to watch!!
    hopefully he'll be in it next episode.

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I forgot to watch 24 all together.

I've been really worried that I missed some good Rory scenes.
    So I guess I didn't miss out on anything if he wasn't even in it though. That's kind of good for me. Hopefully he'll be the rest of the episodes :)

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I don't think Rory will be in 24 just yet, but we must be patient.

4. shortea

shortea Rookie

I watch alittle of the globes too in hopes that he
    might be there somewhere.
    There was alot of his friends there encluding
    the guy the co started with him in Sunset.

But I didn't see him there either.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  5. shortea

shortea Rookie

It's alittle to quiet here Girls.
    I know everyone is blue because
    he wasn't on 24 this weekend,
    but come on we can still talk about him.

I need Rory talk right now.
    Please!!
    I take anything!!!

Please......

6. Azerra C

Azerra C Civilian

Re: Speed/Rory #17

Just want to say that i am new to the CSI Talk board and this is my first post. But I just had to do on the Speedle Thread.

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Welcome Azerra, great to see another Rory fan around here :)

June, I am offically super jealous! I love Keifer Sutherland :D
    So he said we'll just have to wait and see?...interesting.
    Hopefully that means that Rory has an imortant role in the show and not just a few lines here and there. Otherwise it'd be a bit upsetting.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Welcome Azerra! It's always great to have another Speed fan!

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I may, to get some conversation going in here again.

Now, this may have been done before, I can't quite remember, but it's always fun to do it again, and we've got different members now.

What I'd like to suggest is work though the episodes, one at a time, starting with Cross Jurisdictions and working all the way up to Lost Son, and looking at Speeds character, and how he evolves, little things we notice/learn about his character along the way. Kind of a timeline of sorts.

What do you say?

10. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I don't have too much to say about Speedle, just a really random observation.

This is weird, but every time I watch American Idol, I see Rory Cochrane in the opening sequence. For those familiar, there's this CGI guy and girl who walk up the stage and then look at each other. The shot of the CGI guy looking at the girl looks exactly Rory Cochrane to me. I literally think about it every time I see the opening.

So...just thought I'd throw that out there.:lol:

11. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Welcome Azerra, It's always nice to meet new Speed/Rory fans. I hope you enjoy your time here.:thumbsup:

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I like this idea. :) We hadn't really learned too much about him (at least not as much as Calleigh and Horatio at the time) but when we did, they were always cute little quirks to the character.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to organize this in a specific way but I think 'Cross-Jurisdictions' is definitely a good starting point.

What I noticed about him in 'Cross-Jurisdictions' is it seemed like he was supposed to be a bit of a hypochondriac, geeky type. (ie: The scene with Speed and Delko in the canal and the discovery of the gun)

Also, I got the impression he was supposed to be more of a light-hearted joker rather than the serious grump we had later on. For example, looking back at the hot chick that walked past him in his first scene, then smiling at Catherine after meeting her and then cracking the "he had his head phone on and his little tie" joke in a certain way. He also joked around with Horatio a bit in the lab about the club and with Delko as he was going into the canal to search for the vehicle.

Is it just me or were they molding him to be the Greg Sanders of the team? :lol: He definitely wasn't very serious for most of that episode and it was kind of neat to see what the writers wanted him to be at first.

I'll move onto 'Golden Parachute' from here to keep it rolling. Some things I noticed in this episode were:

-Little more serious.
    -The first one to be introduced with Megan Donner, the 'newcomer' after the Pilot. So at this point, we learned he was close with Megan.
    -He had a little more of an accusatory attitude in my eyes when he remarked about the rifle in the fishers' boat. Ie: He may be in danger later on of assuming what something meant in a case because it seemed obvious before actually listening to the evidence.

So feel free to add onto both these episodes -- just so we have a little more to discuss. :D (Hopefully this is sort of what Megan had in mind. :p)

I hadn't noticed this, I'll have to keep an eye out when I watch American Idol next week. :lol:

Oh and welcome to the Speed thread and Miami Forum, Azerra!

13. Dragonfly

Geni, yes, that's exactly what I had in mind :D

I'd just like to add a bit to Golden Parachute.
    The scene where he's talking to Eric about Megan (You know, you're an ass...), it seems to me that it shows (just the tiniest bit) that underneath that gruff exterior he has, he really does care about the people around him. He defends Megan for needing to take some time away after her husbands death. The way he says it may be sarcastic and grouchy, but I think it's also really sweet.

14. Lady Winchester

Lady Winchester Civilian

New member here... Love, love, love Speed... Even after all this time I'm still having a hard time accepting that he's gone... *sighs*

Speed_Cochrane - I totally agree with your observations on "Cross Juridictions". I saw it for the very first time not too long ago (only started watching the original CSI back in December) and I was very surprised to see how different Speed was, compared to the way I had known him to be. I'm glad they didn't turn him into another Greg. I like my Speed grumpy... :lol:

15. Dragonfly

Do I see what I think I see? Another Speed (and possibly Supernatural?) fan from Canada? Geni, we've got company! :lol:

Welcome, Lady_Winchester! It's good to have you here!

Yes, Speed was very different in CrossJ. In the original script, he was supposed to have been a football player in college as well, which is where the nickname 'Speed' was to have come from, but I think Rory convinced them otherwise. I'm really glad. I love my sarcastic, grumpy, non-jock Speed :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.