Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I lurk occasionally but rarely log in to post because, honestly, so many of the other threads on this site are so hostile that even the smallest Grissom/Sara reference (and I really do try to limit relationship comments outside this thread) is met with rudeness. It's become impossible to have an insightful conversation about the show on the boards I used to frequent here. It's been especially trying this season, when so much of what was going on related back to Sara's departure. Try talking about LOATR without referencing Sara's importance to Grissom ... that leaves, what? LH's wardrobe changes? Discussion of how often it seems to rain in LV? And while I enjoy the GSR thread, there's only so much to say when you're just talking about the relationship and avoiding spoilers for others, etc. It's just too much work for me! The mods here try hard, but they can only do so much and I've kind of given up.

On the upside, my frustration here has lead me to other sites where actual discussion about the nuances of the episodes takes place and people disagree respectfully. It's refreshing.

As for the ending of 9.10, I think it was beautiful and hopeful and WP and JF can say more with their facial expressions that most actors can with well-written dialog! As far as what we'll hear about them down the road, I really do think it will be rather minimal and, honestly, I'm OK with that. I feel sort of like I do when close friends move away but do so because they are moving on to something wonderful ... I'll miss them, but I'm happy for them. TPTB gave me an ending that gave me the feeling that Grissom and Sara were happy and together and I think I can live off that for some time. I"m loving watching the old eps, knowing what I know now about the GSR closure, and even looking forward to CSI 2.0!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ya' got that right ali lord have mercy, I posted this on the "One To Go thread and got insuts and slammed horrible, instead of compliments, very strange and sad:( so unbeliveable and nasty. The e-mail was in fact about this episode and how great it was.. But I know I'm safe and in a good place on here:thumbsup: I got a lovely e-mail from David Rambo.I had e-mailed him last Friday after the ep. thanking him for the whole show and specifically the last scene. and here's his reply~

Thank you very much for letting me know how much you enjoyed Grissom's farewell. Carol Mendelshon and Naren Shankar wrote this beautiful script, and it became a labor of love for everyone involved. Thank's too for the support on the CSI files poll. That's very kind of you. I love writing CSI and hope to continue doing it for many episodes to come.
    Sincerely yours,
    David Rambo

How sweet, courteous and polite of him. He's a busy guy and took the time to write me back. And JorjaFoxFan we can keep this ship going by chatting about them and their new life together, and of course past episodes. Don't let this die. It's the only ship to ever sail, and be cannon on CSI.

SIZZLING

3. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

desert thanks so much for posting that lovely message! you're right - Rambo is such a nice guy and always takes time to send little messages like this back. I wonder if he's sad not to have the grissom and sara characters to write for anymore? they've got to be like old friends.

jorjafoxfan don't worry! i think the excitement is taking time to trickle through to all the GSR shippers out there who nearly lost their way completely through the beginning of season 9. i know some people are not hurrying to watch the epis so we will probably get some delayed squealing when they finally get there :D

as for me, i'm in complete agreement with ali - the effective completion of Sara and Grissom's CSI story seems to have given all the previous episodes a new kind of warmth and vitality, like we're all sharing some wonderful inside joke. i've started going back to old episodes, and not just the favourite GSR ones, but all of them, to really fill in the picture. i'm also working through some of the excellent fanfics out there.

when you know you have a happy ending, you can get through anything to reach it. instead of just feeling angst and worry when things are going wrong, you can really look at how the difficult times affect the characters, allowing them to change and grow.

so here's to the end of Team Stupidly Optimistic, and the beginning of Team Ending Happy -- cheers! :lol:

p.s. i tend to stay away from all the other forum areas as this is my GSR home and you guys rock. but i've always really enjoyed Kristine Huntley's reviews for the site and, once again, her coverage of One To Go gives a fair and balanced opinion of GSR and The Ending. check it out if you haven't seen it yet - it will make you feel better about the other fans out there: http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/one_to_go.shtml

4. Desertwind

[​IMG] to you orange_cat, you rock and it's fans like you, who keep fans like me on here. your a doll:p and we all miss you when your not here, so come on more often if you can~and thank's for your always upbeat comments, I truly appreciate that reply;) so where do you all think our couple will end up after their romantic interlude in Costa Rica? maybe back to San Francisco, or somewhere else:confused:

PASSION IN ALL IT'S GLORY

5. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

It has been forever since I posted, although I have been lurking on and off for a long time. After Sara left, I felt like I didn't have much to contribute. (She was my favorite CSI character, and I was a bit gloomy after she left.) I am very glad they ended the relationship the way they did, though I still think the swing from Grissom and Sara's getting engaged to Sara's leaving was jarring and poorly explained. This reunion among the bugs and monkeys was wonderful, however, and made up for all the overly manufactured angst of Sara's departure.

I'm still going to watch CSI, and squee over any and all references to Sara and Grissom that are made along the way! I hope we do catch a glimpse of them every now and then. In fact, it will feel a bit like the old days (pre-canon), when I would eagerly anticipate every little interaction between Grissom and Sara. Of course, now the references will be fewer and farther between, but they still will be the highlight of most CSI episodes for me!

6. Desertwind

Hi LadyDisdain nice to see you on here again, and the why she left on being poerly explained , she couldn't stand the horror of the crimes anymore, and her mental stability was deteriorating as she wrote in her letter. Then she came back "For Warrick" and got lied to by the husband, from a long time ago ep. "Too Tough To Die" and remember when she was walking down the hallway and goes "This is why I can't do this anymore" so she left, but was hopeful that he'd get a clue and come to be with her and wa-la, he did, he couldn't take it anymore either:( and I just got my new TV Guide magazine and first page the WATER COOLER TALK wrote this:thumbsup: this is so spectatular and so true!

GRISSOM'S GOODBYE KISS
    There was never any doubt that Gil Grissom was CSI's most romantic hero, and his beyond-satisfying swan proved it. After taking one last walk down the corridors of the crime lab, fondly observing his friends at work--and getting a sly wink from Catherine--Grissom was seen traversing the Costa Rican jungle [A close up of a bug on a leaf let us know Grissom was right at home] Waiting for him in a clearing was the LOVE OF HIS LIFE, SARA SIDLE, and their swoony kiss brought back memories of Doug and Carol's reunion on ER. Way to satisfy the fan base, CSI!

Question who are Doug and Carol, I never watched ER:confused:

[​IMG]

7. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

Hi there LadyDisdain - a Much Ado reference? :D My favourite! And very glad to have you dropping in to say hi - I totally agree that the ending helped us all swallow the largely skipped over details of Sara's leaving and the state of the GSR relationship. Oh well, more for the fanfics I guess!

desert you are always a joy :lol: Your comments always make me smile and that's the best friendship! I should be around a bit more for a while as I'm winding down my job getting ready to hit the USA - yes, I'm hopping across the pond to see it all for myself at last :thumbsup: And of course, I can't wait to see Vegas in the flesh - it will be a little pilgrimage of sorts really, how sad is that?! ;) hmmm... I wonder if I can find seattle around here somewhere - where are you lady?

And to end, in the immortal words of one of the old posters here (was it you adz?) - GSR rocks my socks!

8. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I'm on the verge of crying right now reading all of this GSR goodness!

I don't think it's sunk in yet that my FAVOURITE show, my CSI, my GSR... has changed so much, that GSR will no longer be on the show... I mean, it's happening right now!!!

Oh my word, that is scary...

Anyways, I'm loving all of you guys positive vibes! I'll say something more like English sometime later...

And it peeves me off as well that people get so peeved at us! I mean, come on, we may disagree with each other and have valid (or not) reasons for it but let's love eachother anyways, we all love CSI!!!

I love CSI and GSR... (I wish I could just bunk school for 5 or 6 days and watch all the seasons of CSI, without any sleep.... IN A PERFECT WORLD!)

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I am so pleased with the way GSR was handled in Grissom's last episode. I don't care what anyone else says, his going to Sara was his coming full circle as a human being. It was just the right thing to do. I don't think for one second that TPTB caved into any one set of fans with this ending. Grissom had to move forward. He needed a bit of motivation to do that. Hey if the love of your life isn't a motivator, then who the heck is????:confused:

10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

woot Lab Technician status :guffaw:

aaanyways. i found this little thing again, and still love it so thought i'd post it...i think it was first found on a bebo site :)
    ----oOo-----------oOo
    -O-------O-----O-------O
    o-----------o-o-----------o
    O------------o------------O
    -o----Grissom & Sara-----O
    ---O-------------------O
    -------o------------o
    ----------O------O
    -------------o-o
    --------------O

♥♥♥♥♥ GSR ♥♥♥♥♥

hehe :rolleyes:
    well, i've been pretty sick lately, so i've decided to start my S/6 marathon todaay :) and i'd forgotten how much i love that season for GSR...i mean i know it doesn't have the proposal scene..or the way they talk to each other and stuff but the fact that now we know they were together since the beginning of season six (Grave Danger part 2 IMHO) but you can see the chemisty more, especially Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye with the whole "Hodges don't you know that grey hair can be very attractive?" with Grissom in the background :p all the subtlty is better than the confirmation in a way :confused: if ya know what i mean. but TOYD was the beeest ! the little looks they give each other once they're alone, and the fact that before everybody leaves they're not really too into the conversation (cause they were thinking about each other (?))

it makes you forget all the angst that they're about to go through (in the
    S/6 mindset;))
    [​IMG]

11. Desertwind

[​IMG] to you JorjaFoxFan good job, Lab tech huh? are you up to doing that?:lol:and all the rest of the great fans who've stuck around through thick and thin, thank's girls.. your all the best fans on here,:thumbsup: and you all rock[​IMG] so what are they up too now? I know that after reuniting, [and wished I was that monkey in the tree], he probably went out to hunt his new "bugs" and her right along with him:p ah, imagination runs wild.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

thanks Desert :beer: i think i'm up to it :lol:
    hmm...i don't think he's necessarily is hunting for his bugs, i think they're probably just enjoying being with each other. finally. just probably relaxing and figuring out what they're going to do now because i don't think either one of them thought this out too thoroughly :thumbsup:
    but imagination rocks :p

and a message to all those lurkers that i always see reading this thread: JOIN! :lol: we need some fresh meat in here lol, i for one would love to hear all of your opinions :D

P.S. sorry about all the pics, i'm cleaning out my files and found a bunch of pics i made and just don't have the room to keep them, so before i delete them i thought i should at least share them :bolian:
    [​IMG]

13. vixster

vixster Dead on Arrival

Hey guys I was just watching some of the early eps and to think that 7 years later the 2 are together is unreal!! I mean the Scooba doobie do ep and when she asked him to sleep with her etc and they way he was so shut off and embarrassed by her, and the subtle brushes up against each other! Its unreal to think how far they have come as characters and the brilliant actors they are!! Even when it started with Saras aversion to domestic abuse when she went for that suspect! When you look at how Grissom has changed its really dramatic! I mean s1, 2 and 3 he was really geeky and they after he gets his operation and the beard he turns into this broody and sexy older man, am I right? I think end of s3 beginning of s4 was when Grissom started to change.

Anyway just reliving the whole GSR drama, as what else is there to do! (sigh and cry)

14. HoneyBee

HoneyBee Dead on Arrival

ALL:

I mostly lurk here, but occasionally post. You all have so much to say. I love reading your commentary and viewing your photos! I feel this is a haven, too.

I read some posts on the other threads after ONE TO GO aired and, YES, there were definitely some venomous comments. One person in particular that I have noticed for years has such a primal, negative , snarky attitude about ANYTHING GSR. It seems this person lashes out at GSR no matter how little screen time it took up, or how innocent, ordinary, or platonic the dialogue was. It seems this person only wants Grissom to be a robotic scientist, with no depth of human emotion of any sort, and now characterizes him as a "love sick puppy". All I can say is WHATEVER...
    +++Edit+++ to be fair I have noticed more than one poster calling Grissom a "love sick puppy" recently...I don't want to single out this irritating poster too much.

I hope we can continue "breathing life" into this thread.

Speaking of photos...Does anyone know how to get higher quality images on cbspressexpress.com ?

There were some links posted earlier to a couple of really nice "final scene kiss" photos. I was wondering how to get larger versions of them?

Thanks.

HoneyBee

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  15. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

Hey everyone!

I am so happy that we finally got our ending... STILL! This hapiness may never go away... My only concern is that when I get engaged or married I won't be as happy and that would be severely concerning to my mental state.

Hey all you lurkers who are coming out of the wood work! Come, talk to us, be random! We care not!

Okay, my opinion and don't kill me for it: I've recently been watching a few Season 1 and 2 episodes and I have to say that the dynamic really has changed between them (someone else said it and kudos to you!). And even though Grissom said that they had been 'involved' since before the show even started! *my word,that's a creepy thought actually*. I have to say that I actually think that a relationship between them at that time wouldn't have been... I don't know...right? They still had way too much of the teacher/pupil relationship going. Through the years, their relationship transforms into something where a relationship seems possible and actually did work in the end... What I'm saying (in my own twisted way) is that I'm glad they only got together when they did, too early and it would have ended in catastrophe... TPTB truly have had their way with this one and kudos to them because it is/was brilliant!

I'm now going to sit in my happy bubble for a while...

PS: You guys on this really are truly a GSR beacon of hope and it's sometimes made my life more enjoyable and made me happy to come and read what you guys have said. After having moved country and not really having a home (boarding school), I love having this thread and THE GSR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.