"The Grave Shift" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 18, 2009.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I would guess right off the bat that Catherine would call him Ray. After all, she usually called Grissom, Gil, and many times would call Nick, Nicky.

I'm guessing for most of the CSIs, while it might be Dr Langston for a little bit, it would turn a bit more informal later on. I don't think the "Doctor" prefix would last long. Grissom was a "Doctor", but it was mainly only used by those outside of the lab.

I think the lab rats would probably use either Dr Langston or Dr Ray for a little bit as well. They can't just use "Doc", because we already have Doc Robbins.

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Loved this. I really think Nick has what it takes to a really great teacher. He's warm, personable, patient and he explained things without sounding like he was talking down to Ray.

Wow, I just had an interesting thought. I wonder if George used the fact that, in real life, his mom is a teacher (a really good teacher - she's been nominated for awards) as motivation for how he has Nick handle the mentoring of Langston. Makes you wonder....

Veze, I don't remember Nick making any comments to Keppler about suits. Can you refresh my memory?

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

George was a teacher too before he became an actor. :)

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

That's right! *whaps forehead* I had forgotten.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's okay. I only found out that little fact a few weeks ago. :D

7. ufgator

ufgator Victim

Naren Shankar has a PhD degree in Applied Physics as well as degrees in Engineering and Electrical Engineering all from Cornell University. He worked on ST:TNG and Seaquest DSV in addition to Farscape.

The two new writers, David Weddle and Bradley Thompson, worked on DS9 as well as BSG. Both series were very heavy on character development so it will be interesting to see their take on a mostly procedural show.

8. Veze

Veze Rookie

I can think of this conversation in Law of Gravity when Keppler arrived at the hotel:

NICK: Looks like it's you and me again, Hoss.
    KEPPLER: You got a problem with that?
    NICK: No, no, I like your style. It's just the whole suit thing you got to
    work on a little bit.
    KEPPLER: Yeah, yeah, what do we got?

And I'm pretty sure there is something in meet market too.

Back on topic:p

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

It looks like Nick is taking a nice teaching kind of role with Ray according to the latest promo on the CBS site. And when Ray sees the dead body, he looks like he just might get sick...

I can't wait to see how it all pans out...

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh I LOVE it!! They may turn out to be as great a pair as Nick and Brass! :lol: I hope they keep Ray true to this character for a while and don't make him Mr. CSI Knows Everything Now after a week. :( I think it would be great to kind of "learn along" with him.

11. ufgator

ufgator Victim

Bolding mine: Seeing as Dr. Langston is a pathologist, I don't think he'll get sick.

12. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

Two big issues I have with that preveiw.
    1) Nick, hon, your dna is now all over that window you breathed on. It's contaminated now.
    2) Wasn't Langston a pathologist? As in Corener type Dr.? I refuse to belive that he has never seen a dead body.

Other than that yeah, the teacher vibe was good. Now introduce Langston to Greg in full "old vegas" mode;)

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

For #1: :lol: I thought the same thing, however, he wasn't collecting DNA just the finger prints so he isn't contaminating it.

For #2: You're right. It shouldn't bother him. And Doc Robbins is going to let him do some of the autopsy too. Maybe it's the shock of seeing it at an actual crime scene. He may never have been a coroner so he probably never went to a crime scene. But that's kind of fishy :shifty: to me too.

Oh I could so see Greg going on and on about old Vegas. :lol:

14. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Oh sorry for thinking that maybe a badly charred body would upset even a pathologist. I guess I should have qualified my statement with Ray seeing the body puts his hand to his mouth in what might possibly be a gesture of either "Oh my God this is so different from seeing it on the slab" or "Did I remember to use my listerine before work?" :p

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  15. ufgator

ufgator Victim

That's an excellent point; there is a big difference between seeing the bodies in the morgue and seeing them in the field.