Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Re: Goodbye Grissom/Billy Support Group

I'm very alright with him leaving CSI, and in fact, in an odd way, I'm glad, cos it's time to give up CSI for me, it's ran it's course. It's been a wonderful show, but there are other shows I enjoy more these days.

CSI was about Billy Petersen, he carried the show for 9 and a half seasons, and what is left isn't enough to make it that special show it was, so it's easy for me to leave it behind. I'm miss Brass, Cath and Hodges, but thats it. The other actors left on that show aren't good enough for me to miss ;) Grissom was a special character, the type of which only comes around on TV once every so often. He made CSI a very special show. Without him, it's just another show, all imo, of course. I totally respect people sticking with it, and I know it'll be just fine for a good while longer.

It really is the right time for him to leave, so good on him for going home to do what he loves.

I'll go see Billy in Chicago again in July as I did in December (although some of my respect for him did go out the window in December. But I've forgiven him for being an impolite grump! :lol: ).

He won't be rid of me as a fan that easy, and my love for Chicago takes me back in July, I'll go see the Cubs, I'll go see Billy in 'Blackbird'. Chicago is a wonderful city, and yeah, it really is that cold, holy crap it was cold when I was there in December. :eek:

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I half agree with you...I think it was time for Billy to go, if not for me, but out of his own admonition..As much as it makes me SO sad, I guess eventually I have to deal with the fact (although not right now!) that he's gone...I'm sure he's really happy and relieved and having fun, but I also hope he recognises that it's really hard for us (most of us ;p) to let him go.

As for the show, it's Billy's baby...it's Billy's CSI, it's Grissom's lab, it's Grissom's team, it can't belong to anyone else...he held that group of people together, and he definitley held that lab together, and without him, the show just isn't the same...I, for one, don't have the heart to keep watching it (although, for old times sake, I may pop in when he makes a guest appearance) but kudos to those that do- ya'll are tougher than I am.

Have a good day, Bills...wherever you are and whatever you're doing, we miss and love you.

http://news.billypetersen.com/

The above might soothe some sad hearts ;) Check it out.

3. bodrul

bodrul Victim

this truely sucks, Hes the main charector in CSI, not saying the rest of cast arent as good.

disapointed to see this happen :(

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As I mentioned I have opted to go ahead and merge these two threads as they are virtually about the samething. Have no fear its all in support of all three actors/Characters who have left. ;) Also since they are gone I have removed the "no spoiler" warning on the title as there aren't any left to have.

5. Criminologist86

I think I miss Billy more and more as the days go on...I know, that sounds SO wrong but it's just true...I really, really miss him...*sigh*

How is everyone else dealing with him being gone? Like, does anyone else feel really empty inside when you see CSI on and you know that he won't be in tomorrow's episode? :(
    It's killing me....

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, it's cold, cold, cold, cold, cold!!!!!!!! This is the second stupid year, in a row, that it has been this cold!!!!!! Nope, not cold more like extremely frigid. I'm still trying to thaw from last year.

Even last summer was cooler than normal. Not that I'm complaining because I hate the humidity too.

Global warming? Apparently, these 'experts' have not been to Chicago lately. :lol:

I've lived in the Chicago area all my life and it can get this cold, but not this cold for sooooooo long.

Now I miss Warrick and his friendship with Nick. You don't see that kind of 'brotherhood' too much on TV either.

As I won't miss GSR, I will miss Grissom. He was definitely one of the most unique characters ever to grace the small screen. However, I won't stop watching the show.

All these people say that the ratings will drop because his fans will stop watching. Well, ratings may drop, though I don't think that much, because some of you are forgetting one thing.

Lawrence Fishburne has fans too and they will come and watch him on CSI.

7. Criminologist86

I don't think anyone wants ratings to drop, but I have heard several people say that they are gone; along with Grissom. And yes, Fishburne has his fans, and yes, they will watch, and that's great...they should- it shouldn't end for the show because <3 Billy left, but for those who are hugely and/or solely loyal to Grissom/Billy, for us, it will end, and did end, when he left.
    More power to those who keep watching.

I just really miss him..a lot....probably more than I know and most definitley more than he knows.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think people do a disservice to the show by stating they are leaving because Grissom is gone. Billy himself said the show is about science and not characters.

Also, there are other characters on the show and people who have been working hard since the first episode. Marg, George, Paul and then a little later Eric and Robert David and I think it's unfair to them to say "Oh, you don't have Billy anymore, see ya!"

9. Criminologist86

I agree with your point, I really, really do. And I totally acknowledge that Marg, Eric, George, Robert, Paul, heck even Louise have worked hard from day one, they ARE worth continuing watching the show for, and heck, who knows, maybe I'll be able to watch...I just need to get over Billy leaving first...It's like that grieving process, you know? And then come to a full conclusion...it's just hard...And I, even though I have chosen to stop watching regularly, plan on watching at least every now and again, because I truly do love Marg, Robert, Eric, everyone, and I honour and respect their skills, their talent, their characters, and their amazing dedication to the show. And that's not the reason that I can't bring myself to watch regularly; it's because the icon (for me) the epitomy of the show, the entire foundation on which it stands, is gone...that all being said, I reserve this as MY opinion, and I'm not trying to press my views onto anyone else.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think i'll continue to watch for a while, at least until episode 200 or till the end of this season. i won't be crazily waiting for it, but i'll try to catch it when it's on. the show is such a smooth running train, when it comes to production, that i think Billy's absense won't be a contributing factor to any sliding quality. it might turn out the opposite way actually, and trigger stronger motivation for making a better show, just like when the competition with Grey's started.

i will miss Grissom very much since he was my favorite character but i'm happy Billy is doing what he wants. i wish i could go and see him on stage because i've heard his live performances are quite amazing. i will definitely watch all the episodes he returns.

meanwhile i'll always have Heroes to be excited about. ;)

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I would never think of watching anything opposite CSI, especially Grey's. UGH!

I'm really eager for the show to see how it goes on without Grissom. I am sure I will notice his presence gone at first but after a couple eps I know I will hardly miss him.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

For me, 3 main characters gone is harsh, and it just won't be the same. That's not anything against the other original members or LF, they're all fantastic, and fans will probably tune in the see it as a novelty or something new, but I don't know how this will stay in the top ratings with especially Billy being gone, and for me it is about the science but the characters are the ones who do this, and without riveting exciting characters as the 3 who are gone, is painful. I watched another show and the cast turned me off, although the stories were good, I couldn't get past being bored by the cast:( I'm just hoping some day soon Billy & Jorja will return!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I am a Grissom fan, but I've been prepared for his leave for years now because he's been saying for years that he's going to eventually leave the show. So, it was not a surprise to me, though the timing kind of was. I just don't understand why some people seem to be so shocked that he left. He's been saying that for years. I understand people being upset/disappointed, but I don't understand the shock.

14. Criminologist86

I love the science aspect of it too- heck I'm heading into that field...but you don't remove a pillar without the rest of the building noticing there's a shift in weight; meaning, you don't notice Billy leaving without noticing the effects.

I think it all comes down to the fact that everyone takes him leaving differently; everyone is handling lack of Grissom/Billy leaving differently, and that is going to influence whether you keep watching, or you watch regularly, or how you feel about all this...Does that even make sense?

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Wow, so I guess Grissom, Sara, and Warrick were the only riveting characters? Boy, that is harsh and is against the others.

I agree, losing 3 main characters in a span of year is hard. But Grissom is NOT the only one who made this show.

Petersen himself said is was an ensemble, not his show. I still don't think the ratings will take a nose dive because they never had when he was not on the show.

I'm with GNRF, I'm not shocked he left, heck he was originally suppose to leave at the end of season 8, but he's being say it for years now. It was almost to the point of, if you want to leave, then leave, stop saying it and just do it. Petersen is happy now doing what he loves best and I'm happy for him.

But to say that Marg, George, Lawrence, Eric and the others can't carry this show is wrong.

Now if George left, would I want to stop watching, probably, but I probably wouldn't as I'm vested in the other characters too.

Will the show be different, yes, it is anytime any character leaves, but there are shows out there that prove that they can survive when a favorite character or the most popular character or whatever, leaves.

If you're going to just stop watching because Grissom isn't on the show anymore, than you were never really a fan of the show and/or the science of it. Because if you truly were a fan of the show then you would watch whether Grissom was there or not.

Now I'm not saying that watching CSI just because you're a fan of BP is wrong, but if you (not talking about one particular person here) are a fan of the show and/or science of it then you would keep watching without Grissom.

I was a fan of the show long before I became of fan George/Nick. In fact, I was, and still am, a fan of Grissom and he's probably why I decided to keep watching, but in the end it ended up being not only him, but the entire cast. It's rare to have a cast with so much chemistry and none of the ego crap, it was enjoyable. It also ended up being all the forensics and science of the show. I love reading forensic books and true-crime books, because it fascinates me.

I hate that Warrick isn't there anymore. His friendship with Nick and watching them work cases together was one of my more favorite part of the show, but that's gone and I'm sad about it. However, it will go on.

All I can say if that you are really a true fan of the show, then keep watching and give it time. If you're just a Petersen/Grissom fan then it's probably best you stop watching as you weren't a fan of the show to begin with.