Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

-“I was tired…”. Yeah right! Again, Calleigh quickly changed the subject back to the case after Eric asked about where she was the night before about missing a dinner get-together or something. She just didn’t want to face a potential discussion about ‘them’ if she did hang out with him after hours. Talk about avoidance.

-definite dead give away when she said those truffles were her favourite, could see a mile away that Eric was going to get her those box of truffles. Come on Cal, you prolly said it to him (like the flowers comment) to drop another hint about what he can add to his ‘to do’ list in courting ya

-Flirting? What flirting? Sorry but there was no chemistry b/w Cal and the horse guy. Like you guys said, she was flirting with the horses and took an instant shine to the four legged kind LOL… He was very cute tho!

-Awww, sooo sweeeet that he got her the chocolates; even tho I knew he was going to do that - if not this episode, the next – it brought a huge smile to my face just watching him do that. He’s a goner for her.

-as someone else said, I found it sad to witness Eric trying to find her to give her the gift tho unbeknownst to him she was off riding with the horse guy and missing his call. My heart broke for him :(

-I agree, it’s all very innocent btw Cal and the horsie guy, he may take it otherwise but any enthusiasm she displayed, it was definitely not for him.

2. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

My thoughts exactly! I loved how he got her the truffles...I mean, how sweet is he"?!!? I hope in 7.14, when she's in the hospital, he brings her flowers, and since she cant run anywhere when she's in the hospital bed, she has to listen to what he has to say, and hopefully she'll say something back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

3. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Well I guess it's safe to post without spoiler tags now...

I liked the episode. I wasn't worried before watching and I'm certainly not worried after. As many said she was more interested in the horse than in the guy. It was all about riding not meeting someone new. After what she said last week nothing else would have been possible, I mean Calleigh is not fickle. She made an ouverture last week to Eric, it's not to ride in the sunset with another guy right away.

As far as avoiding him the previous evening, well we don't know how often she goes to those get-togethers with the rest of the team. Eric didn't seem that disappointed that she didn't show up so I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't join them on a regular basis. But he showed concern and that was sweet. She took time to explain what she did and didn't just brush it off like she sometimes does.
    But then even if she had gone, it would not have been the time to address anything personal. I doubt they really want the others to pick up something at this very stage. Once they are a step further, it'll be okay but now it would put too much strain on the potential 'them'...

The chocolates were beyond cute. I really liked it because for me it was the ultimate proof that he has understood what she meant last week. He knows she is interested and won't dismiss him. He seemed more confident and happy and totally ready to pursue her in a romantic way. He isn't even concerned to leave the gift in plain view for anyone to see. Now we just have to wait and see where it goes from there.
    I wasn't too bummed about him not being able to reach her at the end of the episode. He didn't look sad nor over disappointed. I'm sure he left a message on her voicemail and nothing tells us that she didn't call him back after the ride. Now if she had had her phone with her and ignored him, that would have been different...

4. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

is february 2nd yet?! :alienblush:

Seriouslly these weeks have to FLY. i'm almost dying here to see the new epi. :lol:

Anyone know when they're gonna to release the promo from 7x14??
    i just can't wait to see it!

5. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

Definately, I wasn't worried before the episode and I'm not worried now. Like many said, she only had eyes for the horse. She looked great at the end, smiling and happy. I thought it was a beautiful scene.
    It was very nice of Eric to get her the chocolate. I hope in 7.14 we see her thanking him for it. Probably not but we can hope :)
    Yes It would have been different if she had ignored his call but now she just didn't have her phone on her, that's totally different. And he wasn't too upset about it. On the contrary he couldn't help but to smile the whole time. I guess he decided to really let her know how he feels by gestures and maybe words if he can reach her...
    I hope it will be february 2nd very sooon, I have to admit I'm really excited about it.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You said it! I agree with everything you said. I noted too, that Eric did not seem disappointed that Calleigh didn't show up at the team get together, and Calleigh did seem genuine when she apologized (although, as I said earlier, the excuse she gave did seem lame). Even if she had gone, they would not have had any talk about "them", not with the team there. So she would not have needed to be nervous about that.

And, as we've all noticed, she paid far more attention to the horse than she did Terrence the Trainer. I wasn't bummed at the end either, since Eric really didn't look sad... maybe a little lonely, but not sad or upset that he couldn't reach Calleigh. I'm sure he would have liked to be there when she got her present, what guy wouldn't. Heck, I would like to have seen her reaction to the present! Damn but someone needs to write that! I would, but I'm having a hard enough time writing a continuation to my "Confirmation" story.

mandystevens they will likely release the promo for the next NEW episode at the end of next week's repeat.

I bet the reason we get a repeat next week is so that 7.14 airs during February sweeps. Think about it... with what is going to happen to our favorite couple, no doubt they wanted this to garner some huge ratings for them. I bet it'll be all over Entertainment Tonight the Monday it airs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was actually pleased with last night's episode. I think that what we saw from Eric at the end really let's us know that he has decided to take action. Some people thought that when he didn't answer her in front of the elavator it meant he had doubts about how he felt and, like she said, that he didn't believe it himself. So that was proven wrong last night since we really see him sure of himself when he goes looking for her and leaves her the truffles (which total cuteness by the way :adore:, I was smiling the whole time). So I think he is ready now and that Cal's little speech really got him thinking.

About the first scene: I thought it was nice that he expressed concern and just wanted to know why he didn't see her the night before but at the same time he wasn't accusing or pushing her about it. He knows Calleigh likes her space and he respects that but at the same time he made the point about letting her know he thought about her, so that was nice :).

Sidenote: I thought it was really curious that he asked the english trace guy what it meant when a horse's ears move back. I don't know why but I found it funny :lol:.

Ok now Calleigh. I thought she was ALL smiles when she was talking with Eric in that first scene. The truffles hint.hint. (like the flowers...) And yes I thought her excuse was really lame also. I too agree that she was paying way more attention to the horse than to the guy and that she just really missed riding so she jumped at the opportunity. I think it's something anyone at her position could've done without it being romantic at all. She grew up around horses, likes to ride, probably hadn't done so in a long time, and she has this offer so she goes for it. I really didn't see anything else because, again she was really paying more attention to the horse :lol:.

I think this was a good way to set things up for 7.14 and it actually gives me more hope for the next episode. I think that we have liftoff and that nothing is bringing the plane back :thumbsup:!

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ok, so I had to rewatch the ending of last night's episode. I was all smiles this morning as I watched Eric leaving her the truffles. My shipper heart screamed like a little girl. The look on his face was priceless as he left them at her station to find.

Eric is making his move and hopefully it won't be too long before it comes full circle.

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Okay, I just watched the scenes at the end (on YouTube) and I had smile on my face the whole time. Was it just me or Eric stopped to look at her name on the board? A man who's not in love would never stop to look at the name written on the board and smile. He looked a bit disappointed that she didn't pick the phone up, but it was more of a 'bummer, she's not picking up' then 'oh my God, I'm gonna kill myself, nobody loves me', so I think everything is gonna be just fine.

As somebody said, this looks like a trick to make us all think that Eric lost his chance, to make Hiphuggers sad, and other shippers hopeful, and than in the next epi... Surprise!!!

10. potato

potato Dead on Arrival

That was a very nice episode! I love how thoughtful Eric was in giving her the truffles. Sweet! :adore: He got the hint! :lol: I'm not too worried about the ending either, if anything I think it's a setup of more E/C goodness to come. I can't wait to see episode 14.

11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'm so glad that he finally made his move.:thumbsup:
    He bought her chocolates, her favorite ones, it really means something.:adore: That scene was so sweet and touching. And the look on his face when he went to her lab to give it to her, that was amazing. He's totally head over heels in love with Calleigh.:luvlove:
    I have to say that now I really believe that something's gonna happen between them and it's gonna be sooner then later.:)

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I think you really hit the nail on the head with the first scene. He knows her and knows her well, knows she likes her privacy and her space, so he's not going to push her into why she didn't go. He totally brought it up to let her know that he was thinking of her.

I snickered at that scene with the english lab tech. And I think it was one of those "double meanings" the show dishes out. They were talking about a horse, but I think Eric was asking about the horse's behavior when he and Cal were talking to Terrence the Trainer, and the whole thing about the ears meaning the "filly" doesn't care for the person was meant for us (the viewer) to think about Eric and Calleigh (that Calleigh, the filly, doesn't care for Eric), giving the viewer further doubts about the future of E/C. As I'd said yesterday, if I didn't know better, know about 7.14, I'd really be worried! But no, I am completely happy about the developments and have no idea how I am going to last the next 2 weeks. This is going to kill me.

13. Sab

Sab Witness

I loved the little E/C moments so much. As a horse lover I can tell you, she has the fever! LOL She was only interested in the horse, Eric's her man.

Eric is too cute and I just loved that he picked up on the hint and ordered her favorite truffles. So sweet.

Another thing I noticed: On her cell his name came up as Eric and not Delko. I thought it usually showed up as Dellko. So I naturally smiled at that cause Eric is more intimate than Delko. :)

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

HA! I noticed that too. I thought I was reading too much into it...because I usually do :lol:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I caught that too. That scene was soooo dripping with double meaning!! :lol: However, I don't think it was meant to deter us...maybe throw us off a little into thinking that but I don't think overall it really meant anything negative.

I also thought it was interesting that her phone said "Eric" and not Delko. It is little things that mean sooo much and we could be looking a lot into it but either way it is cute ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.