George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

While going all "CALL ME RIGHT NOW" in 'For Gedda'
    Also Nick had senority over Sara and rank over Warrick, but they get solo cases first. WTF?:scream:

Sorry, this topic always gets going.:(

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, Warrick gets accused of murder and Grissom is there, Sara gets suspended, gets a DUI and Grissom is there. Warrick leaves a trainee to gamble, she's killed, but Grissom gives him a second change (one of many) and then proceeds to promote him anyways a few episodes later.

Yes, Nick gets a stupid riddle for his evaluation and Warrick gets a roller coaster ride.

As for Grissom supporting Warrick and Sara more because of lack of family, I don't believe that as Grissom never seemed to view them as his family. Catherine mentioned that herself. Grissom was there for Greg too and he would've had strong family support.

Grissom has always told everyone how he feels about them, good things, but not Nick. Yes its the stupid writers and they proved that point by the fact that originally all Grissom was going to say in their good-bye scene was "you did a good job" just proves how Grissom feels about Nick. I know he cared about Nick, but not like the others he favored.

At least Catherine has been there for him.

3. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Sigh... Amen to all that. Geez, Grissom..

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

AMEN

As much as I like Grissom, this has always and always will be a sore point with me.

But whose having the last laugh!!!;) Warrick got himself killed because he was a rogue CSI, Sara burnt out and quit, so who was left standing..Nick and in the end, he was the best student Grissom ever had.

I love the irony of it.

5. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Well, even in season five Nick felt that he had disappointed Grissom somehow and season six we have Daddy's Little Girl and we really see that Grissom's attitude hasn't really changed towards Nick, with the "It's over" line...either the writers will take Nick and soar with his character or we will see him phased out like Warrick...time will tell.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And why are also quite protective of the character because he's been mistreated by Grissom.

I don't think Grissom ever got Nick because Nick represented the complete opposite of what Grissom himself.

Grissom had no social skills, Nick had aplenty. Grissom followed evidence, Nick followed the human element. Grissom follwed the 'how' while Nick wanted to know the 'why'.

But as I wrote earlier, Warrick got himself shot, Sara burnt out and Nick is the lone man left standing. And he had the worst of it.

Nick was thrown out a window, buried live and held at gunpoint, not to mention he had criminal charges pending. And he got through all of this with no support from Grissom-no support from anyone come to think of it. Yet he got through it. And he didn't become a fall down drunk, or a gambler or a rogue CSI.

Which proves you can go through crap, with no support from anyone and still come out on top of the game!:)

While Grissom sat crying the blues with Sara over Warrick's death, Nick got right into the thick of it, figured out it was McKeen and nabbed him.
    He proved to the strongest one of them all.

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Thanks for all of y'all's feedback. I really appreciate. That said, I think it's a little harsh to say that Warrick 'got himself shot.' Personally, I think his overall course of action was similar to something Nick would do -- see a lead, feel strongly about it and do something about it.

Warrick knew something suspicious was going on, and he did something about it, even though none of his supervisors were telling him to do it (kinda like Nick in response to the whole 'reverse forensics' thing). I hate to say it, but it also felt like there was a bit of a parallel between the Warrick/Candy (I hope I'm getting her name right) and Nick/Kristy angles. Ultimately, when something's up, they both pursue it. Warrick just got unlucky in the process, and stumbled on something really really big. The other big difference, I thought, was that Nick tends to get other people involved (like bringing Greg, Sara and Rick in when he was questioning the 'reverse forensics'), whereas Warrick went at it alone.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

True.

Well yes, but everyone came out of it alive in "Redrum" tho. :) So maybe bringing the team in on it was a good idea.

I think the issue with Warrick at the end was that he was deliberately disobeying Grissom's orders to let it go. And actually, that did end up getting the private detective killed as well.

They're just characters tho, and they're all flawed in some way. I wish that, knowing Gary was going to leave, they could have done a storyline to send him off that was just as tragic but maybe left his integrity intact. I felt like the whole Gedda storyline was so mixed up and forced...trying to set Warrick up TWICE for murder and then they just said the heck with it...let's just kill him outright.

He deserved better than that.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

One of the things people need to remember here is as human beings we're all flawed. Why make fictional characters on TV seem flawless when real beings aren't?

What we're forgetting here about Warrick is he was taking drugs to help him sleep and to stay awake. Nick was the only one who confronted him on this. He tried to stop Warrick's slide but he could only do so much.

I don't think that Grissom treated Nick unfairly. I think as time goes by you see Grissom treat Nick as the student that he kindly remembered in One to Go. You see that in What's Eating Gilbert Grissom. Nick asked Grissom a question about why the maggots were warm. Grissom didn't talk down to him, like I've seen Warrick do, but talked to him as an equal. I don't think if Nick hadn't confronted Grissom in season 4, particularly Eleven Angry Jurors (there is another episode afterwards that I can't remember) that Grissom would have recommended Nick for the job. Grissom was proud Nick had the guts to stand up for what he thought was right. Remember for Nick it's getting justice for the victims. For Grissom it's the same jsut two different approaches.

We've all complained over time about the lack of closure for Nick from Grave Danger. Yeah 'It's over' doesn't cut it for us. But remember here it was George that wanted that type of closure. He didn't want it dragged out. George knows Nick the best and Nick is not that type of character to drag things out. He's a very private man. Mcuh like the actor that plays him.

Just my two cents worth on the topics being discussed :)

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry I probably was a little harsh, but I guess I feel the same way as Smokey, I didn't like the whole storyline of Warrick being a rogue CSI and wished his send off had been better.

And I also felt resentment towards Warrick for being the 'teacher's pet' when really, it's the teacher who should be blamed for playing favourites.

Thankfully, Nick rose above it.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Grissom was pretty good to/about Nick in Grave Danger. He fought for him until he found a solution that would bring Nick out of it alive. I guess I feel like whatever else Grissom has done regarding Nick was made up for with him getting Nick out of the situation alive.

I wouldn't say that Grissom didn't lift a finger for Nick in Boom. Catherine volunteered to take the case because she said Grissom isn't good with politics or with Ecklie. She said Grissom and Ecklie are like oil and water or something to that effect. So, I don't think Grissom can be blamed for that. Cath jumped in before Griss could do anything because she knew she could handle Ecklie a lot better than Griss could.

Also, Grissom didn't have to do much with Nick because whenever Nick messed up, he knew it. Warrick by his own admission didn't even think he was doing anything wrong with the whole gambling thing. Sara was just all kinds of messed up and didn't realize it because she kept so much bottled inside until she made mistakes (ie the DUI and blowing up at Cath in Nesting Dolls). Nick went to Grissom after he was with Kristy and admitted everything and even said he knew he shouldn't have done it, but Kristy was irresistible. We didn't see Warrick saying something like that about Joanna (the dancer he was with that ended up dead) as far as I recall. By the way, that was a good point about the parallel with Nick/Kristy and Rick/Joanna. I never even noticed that. :lol: I guess Grissom thought if he spent more time with Warrick and Sara that he could stop them before they made more mistakes, but Nick didn't need that guidance because Nick had a pretty good head on his shoulder.

12. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Bumping this thread up. The pic thread is always near the top and I can understand everyone wanting to drool over images of Nick/George....but this one needs a little love too. It's been days since anyone posted anything in here.

I just saw the most recent spoiler from CBS and the scenes with Nick and Langston are great. I'm really looking forward to seeing Nick move into the role of mentor.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Hmmm, Google's new search is kind of cool. When you bring up George Eads it also has quotes by him. Kinda cool.

In any case, I thought what he said about Petersen in this article was sweet. I've only quoted what he said.

Even though I already know, it's nice to see that student/teacher relationship was off screen too. I know they are good friends.

Oh well, just wanted to share. :D

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Its so funny that he mentioned Obi-wan when talking about Billy cause a while back I wanted to make a Star Wars manip with Nick as Han, Greg as Luke and Grissom as Obi-wan, but I didn't get to do it since my pc went kaput. :lol:

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh there were some good moments in the show last night. You got to love the fly eating scene:guffaw: Grissom would have been proud :)

And speaking of Grissom I think the student has become the teacher now. I liked how Nick was showing Ray how to lift finger prints from the glass.

I thought it was very nice that Catherine gave Nick Grissom's old office. I think she'll be a different supervisor than she was in season 5. But I think the thing that stands out the most is Nick letting Greg and Riley share the office with him. I think that just goes to show Nick is a classy guy and is thinking of others not just himself :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.