The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I am still hyped about "The Love" moment in For Gedda. I watched it again. I think I was mistaken. I do not think Greg left the diner to go straight to the airport. When Grissom stood up to leave he said he is going to get some sleep, then Greg said "me too, and I have plane to catch " - or something like that). So maybe thats why Nick stayed behind to spend time with his best bud Warrick who was almost arrested for murder, knowing that he could still come home to be with Greg later before he leaves.

This makes me feel alot better. I did not like the idea of Greg going alone to the airport.

I haven't watched for warrick yet. But did Greg leave for LA, without knowing Warrick dead.

Ps. Thanks everyone ofr posting on WMTDB, I am going to spend a happy weekend reading N/G fics.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Happyharper - The chat is The Love live chat, where we all congregate on Thursdays if we find the time and talk about the epi while it's on. It's also a great place for spoilers if you're not gonna see the epi for a while.

The story is my story, which if you really want to read it is at WMTDB as well as ff.net.

And HAL is...well, HAL! :lol:

And yes, Stacey, as said on the chat last night, I will be baking you cookies! *Gets flour and chocolate chips out*:)

So, who was totally bummed about the last scene of the epi? I WANTED NICK AND GREG TO AT LEAST BE IN THE SAME ROOM! And who was that dude was looking at the car with Nick? Was he a member of shift or just some random dude?:confused:

AND NO BOBBY! I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS CRAP! :scream:

Rant over, Lynn out.

-Lynn

3. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

They've used him before, I think, as an "extra" of sorts. He was one of the CSIs on the episode with the dark restaurant. (Was that A La Cart? I can't remember :p) And y'know, while there may not have been much, there was the thing that Clarrisani mentioned, what with Nick being exhausted >D Ahah. Maybe that's too much of a stretch? :p And they were in the same room, weren't they..? With the thingy and the... Okay, so I'm horrible at trying to explain it. When they were trying to figure out where the guy's eyes were looking in the really big classroom. Yeah. There wasn't anything there, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

At any rate, I thought the episode was goooood. (oh btw I managed to watch it, just later! :D) The ending was awesome, though I wish they could've waited until the end of the season not just because I don't want him gone ;-; but because it seemed so... final. ): And I'm totally not a GSR shipper but that last scene was actually pretty cool :3 Albeit strange.

Bobby seems to be cheated out a lot. ): Is it really wrong how badly I want a Bobby-centric episode? I think it might be. But he's... He's Bobby! Come on!

One more thing about the epsiode, Hodges' scene with Grissom made me love Hodges even more than I already do. I just... ):

I like to think he was called at the airport, but I've no idea if that's anywhere near canon or not, I can't remember. I'd also like to think Nick was the one to inform him, although I dunno if that would have even worked out. I always get clueless after I watch (emotional) episodes, but I don't ever particularly want to go back because they make me, uh, emotional.

4. Maggs

Maggs Hit and Run

Check this out from ET Online regarding who will share Grissom's vacated office space...But what changes will be made in his absence?The large office that he previously occupied is now being shared by three people.

"We didn't feel it was right to give just one character the power of Grissom's office, so we broke it up," co-executive producer Louis Milito explains.

"Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) was the next one in line and she graciously declined because she is very happy in her office. So Nick Stokes (George Eads) was next in line," says Wallace Langham, who plays David Hodge. "He decided to divvy it up with Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) and Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda)."

Nick decided to divvy it up so Greggo could be there with him. :bolian:

LOL of course Riley has to share it too - people would have talked if he just took Greg. Let's hope they get some scenes in the new office.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

OMG, that just made my day, well, my night since I really should go to bed!

WOW, Nick and Greg sharing an office. All the possibilities ... :devil: And you're right Maggs, Riley's just there to cover for the boys :thumbsup:

Now that they share on office they might interact more? That would be so great :thumbsup:

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

it would have been so great if it was just Nick and Greg sharing an office, could you imagine what would be going on behind closed doors? I guess Riley will have to be there to keep them in line and make sure they behave. It does have potential for a lot of great scenes.

7. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Haha! I can only imagin the convo at the Sanders-Stokes residence the night after Nick got the office -

"Why don't I get an office?"

"Because you have less seniority."

"Ha, you just admited you're old."

"Shut up, Greg. Besides, I'm willing to share..."

"Ooh, good idea...":devil:

"It's a big office. Too much space for two people. Who could we share it with?"

"..."

*looks at each other*

"Riley?"

haha. :) that's my way of things. HEY! Anyone want to write that? I would, but...the plot bunnies are attacking me at a higher rate than I could ever even hope to provide for...haha...I've just sent the next chapter of Branches, which finally decided to consent to being written the rest of the way, to my beta, so...that should be up soon...And a new chapter of Lynn's Weekly Drabbles...which I have been neglecting God knows how long...

So, yeah, I was just squeeling right now, when we got that news. yay! I'm soooo excited for the next epi!

...Where's Fishdude gonna be?

My mom was just saying a few seconds ago that when Ecklie mentions to Catherine that she needs to take over Grissom's office, she says no, and cried, and Ecklie asks, "Well, what did you think? that we were gonna leave it as a shrine?"

lol, okay, soo...not a confirmed spoiler, but a spiler all the same. :)

-Lynn

8. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I love this idea. Freakin awesome. I think Riley would keep them in line at certain times and also know when to let them have some alone time in their office. Not much LOVE action last night. But I did notice the boys make extra long eye contact in the scene when they were using the moon to figure out where the cabin was. Almost as if Griss was not even there the way they were looking over his head at each other. Not much but enough to make me happy.

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

What is the story called, and where can I find this story? Also, is HAL explained in the story?

As to Riley, I honestly really like her character. She reminds me of a Greg of earlier years. She also reminds me of fellow fangirls, in that she is NOT a prude, and that she is quite funny. I think that, if Nick and Greg were in the office making out or such, she would do what most of us (or so I think) would do -- watch. :devil: She's already expressed a marked interest in Greggo's sex life. I mean, really, if you guys were in her shoes, isn't that what you would do? I certainly would.:drool:

10. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Explained away expressly, my dear! It's called "What If...?" and you can find it either WMTDB or ff.net, depending on whick you prefer. :)

I also like Riley very much. If it weren't for the whole Warrick-being-dead ting, she'd have been in one of my stories by now.

Who wants to be in Riley's shoes? No, wait - who wants to BE Riley?!:lol:

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Sounds promising, right? ;) Let's hope that means there will be more interaction between the boys. And I'm sure that Riley fangirls Nick/Greg as much as we do! :lol:

I was watching "Organ Grinder" and I've noticed this Love moment; Nick was walking down the hall and, suddenly, he stops, just to stare at Greg. They don't talk and Greg doesn't even notice that Nick is staring at him!...but, seriously, why they did put THIS there? ;)

[​IMG]

12. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Y'know, even if I wasn't a shipper, this scene is still completely confusing for me. I want to know why! :S Clearly somebody out there had reasoning, because if it was a pointless scene they would have cut it, right? So maybe it had some sort of significance or something, because it's still in there... Maybe it was going to be cut but was left in? I dunno, but I really want to. I haven't watched the episode in a while, but even reading the transcript doesn't give any insight. Maybe there's something hidden elsewhere that we're missing? I suppose it's also possible that there was a scene that had to get cut, but why that one and not this one? Why not, y'know, both? I'm totally not complaining, for obvious reasons, but, tis very strange. Hawh, maybe the writers want to torture fans. They are cruel, cruel writers, after all.

At any rate, I'm sure enough NG fans have torn every sentence in this episode apart to try to figure out why... ): Shame, too, because it's strange and interesting and I like it.

Haha, Riley totally fangirls. In a work friendly way. I really want fic like that, now - somebody mentioned an office scene and Riley walking in to find them? >D (The writers, they beg for it sometimes.) (Also, that reminds me of the scene Clarrisani linked to on Thursday - Hah. Clearly, it has stuck.)

ETA: I know somebody somewhere has a screepcap from the scene where Greg finds out he passed his final proficiency (in Who Shot Sherlock?) (what with the touching hugging and stuff; you guys know which one I'm talking about? I am probably closer to cryptic than I think I am.) - would anyone be so kind as to send it to me (even posted here, considering it's decent talk for The Fort as well :p) If you'd be so kind!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree, it was really weird for Nick to look in on Greg in that scene. The only reason I can think they had it was there was that Greg was at someone's desk using their computer and Nick probably saw him and wondered what he was up to.

I like Riley and I can totally see her watching the guys getting it on in the office if she happened to walk in on them. :lol:

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Woooo, I had so much to read and well, I just can't quote many posts here, lol. Anyway, hello to everyone who is back here! Great that you are again! I hope for longer time!:)

Thanks to anyone who like my grandmom with her gaydar;) NGR91300, glad that you like my icon. It's made by Kat. I just needed to have an icon of him from Out magazine. This pic is one of my favorites.

And back on topic. I really love the scene from Organ Grinder. It's so obvious. I always have a feeling that Nick wanted to ask something Greg but something stopped him. Maybe being shy? Or he heard that Greg wanted to meet with Sara out the lab and poor Nick didn't know what to do with it? So many options for on scene which lasted few seconds! Writers are cruel like suckerforasmile said.

Nick and Greg in the office? Haha, I have one thing with it but that wasn't their office, lol. But now when they'll share their own one...:devil:

15. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

*loves Deirdre's grandmother and her gaydar"

In "One To Go", didn't you notice that Greg was saying "You changed my life", just before Nick entered the room? Thanks to the writers for the timing. It was subtle, but perfect. Paraphrasing David Rambo "there is not such thing as reading too much into any details" ;)

How about some Love pic spam from two of the best Nick/Greg episodes: "Slaves of Las Vegas" and "Felonious Monk".

Sometimes images speak more than a thousand words....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.