"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

You're right, the GSR arc needed to end, but on Grissom's last episode? Come on!

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I'm pretty sure I would have went blind if I had watched that last scene...because I would have poked my eyes out!

Grissom is coming back...so I wonder if he will bring Sara with him....Somebody needs to stay home and take care of the shack in Costa Rica.....seriously.

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

The walk down the hall was nice in the end. Like Dizz said, looking on in fondness. Proud of each and every member of his team and how they all evolved into the people they are today, knowing that he did indeed have an impact on their lives in some way or another.

Yeah and Ecklie the new Under Sheriff...interesting. At least its a character we already know. I don't think I could handle yet another newbie to the show this season :lol:.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly, I still can't believe that Grissom's original line was "You did a good job". I mean these writer's are awful. Of course, that would of coincided with the abysmal way Grissom has always treat Nick.

At least WP changed the line, but I still think he could've given Nick more. Nope, don't think he was ever very fond of Nick and I don't think it was like Grissom looking at his 'son' when he saw Nick. Probably was thinking, at least I don't have to work with him anymore or Warrick was my son, you never will be. Maybe not, but sometimes I don't think the writer's think much of Nick.

I still say Grissom always cared more for the others.

5. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

**shrinks in here*** geez, all the negativity regarding GSR makes me afraid to speak, but here goes....

Whoever said it, I agree - they did good by trying to appease both sides of the line as far as GSR goes - GSR fans (that's me too) got resolution, you non-fans no longer have to see it. Now the GSR fans can day dream and write fan fiction about what they're up to now.

I thought the episode was fantastic. What a cool and creepy mystery, and the actor playing the serial killer was WONDERFUL. What a total freak! I really, really liked it. Even my husband, who doesn't usually watch it with me, watched it with me. My eyes were totally glued to the screen.

Langston seems interesting. Still holding judgment, but he's got a lot of potential. I think I'm gonna like him.

Riley fans, she was there a little bit. She talked about the laptop, and they showed her in the boat when they were searching for the remains of the dead women. Not much, but they still included her. If you think about it, seems they tried to include everyone (lab rats and all) in the episode, whether a bit part or a larger part, probably because it was Grissom's big finale.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I know where you are coming from, but I feel like at this point, what little praise Nick got was better than nothing. Plus the 'proud father' look was very touching.

So yeah it took several years, but it came and it was better than nothing. Had there not been a scene at all, I would have been ticked off.

And I agree with you speedy, the original scene was very badly written. I'm very glad Billy changed it. Good one on him. The writers are so clueless at times.

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Wow, I walk in here and see a whole bunch of negativity. I actually liked the episode.

The serial killer's a creep. I love him. He's my favourite serial so far and we never saw him kill anyone really. I loved the whole Nick and Grissom scene and the Greg and Grissom scene. I liked the whole thing with Catherine near the end and the very end? I cried. I'm serious. Grissom in Costa Rica. The minute he started walking through the bush, I said "Where is she?" (meaning Sara) and then he saw her and they had a PROPER KISS! Not like before where she left him. It was a real kiss. Yeah, I'm a bit of a GSR fan :lol:

I'm still on the fence about Langston. I don't like him but he hasn't done anything yet to be worth my hate.

All around amazing episode. My favourite this season. I think I'm a little scared to see Ecklie with a promotion though:guffaw:

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay, just finished it.

Wow. Grissom left in that episode? It certainly didn't feel like it. There was so much about the serial killer and maybe seven, eight minutes total of Grissom saying goodbye. Not to mention I lamost puked when Hodges basically cried over Gil leaving. As someone said above, there were more scenes with Hodges then Greg!

The ending was just plain ridiculous. I mean, I'm flabbergasted. That's how they want Grissom going out? I'm sorry but PDA has never been in Grissom's vocabulary...ever. It was more annoying than anything. The episode was alright, but the ending completely ruined it.

As much as I like LF's new character, I can already tell he is going to overshadow the cast. Ugh.

The torture scenes were very graphic. They were obviously going for the shock factor for the torture AND for the GSR scene.

Deep down I knew it was going to happen. I tried to be positive and openminded but they did the very thing I was hoping, in the sake of logic, they wouldn't do. But that's TPTB, lettin us down. it wouldn't be the first time.

An episode that could have been a 10 was reduced to a 6 in 3.5 seconds. It's shame that this landmark character, has left in such a cliche and ridiculous way. The good news? We won't have to see it again.

I mean, I was sad but not really...

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I do not think that person regularly watches CSI:LV, if they did they would know that basically the LV show is dark because they work the graveyard shift, where the other CSI shows are day shift workers.

On Greg's scene with Grissom, I thought it was decent. Between the two of them they have always exchanged looks to speak a lot more of what they are trying to say than actual speech and I thought the look Greg gave Grissom and vice versa spoke for them.

11. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I absolutely enjoyed the episode ... until the last, say, minute or two. I seem to be one of the many people who could've done without him running to Sara, and them being all goo-goo ga-ga. Way too cheesy. This is CSI, not One Life to Live. It should have ended with Gil walking out of the lab, alone. Or maybe riding a roller-coaster, but the writers seem to have frogotten who Gil Grissom is.

As for the case, I enjoyed it a lot. I figured that it was going to be one of Langston's students from the beginning, but I liked how they all worked together to figured out who it was. The scene in the classroom where Nick and Catherine were re-enacting the students' postitions based on the kliller's line of sight was pretty amazing. I think Langston is going to work out well as a CSI, because he seems to have the mentality of an investigator already.

Grissom walking down the hall looking at everyone was so heart-warming. Catherine winking at him, that was absolutely perfect. She knows him better than anyone else. That wink was one of those "I'll always be here for you" looks.

Oh, and I, for one, enjoyed Hodges mooning over Grissom. He always makes me laugh.

I would've given this episode a 9.5, but because of the final scene, it only gets a 5. Seriously, it made me sick to my stomach.

12. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

*Shrinks along with you.*:shifty:

I realllllly loved this episode b/c it had the whole team working together and even Langston too. While I somewhat expected a little bit more hugging or tearful goodbyes I was still content with the amount that they did. And as a GSR shipper I squeeeeeeed:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::devil:;) like a die hard fan girl. At first I thought he was doiung something that he wanted to do before he died. GSR fans can remember that bedroom scene and its brought up what he wanted to do before he died. I couldnt recall if that was one of them but thought it was a poss. And then the back of Sara's head, and I really got misty eyed.

Call me what ever you want to for getting misty eyed then. I had other moments were I did but that was a big one. And I kept mumbling be Sara, be Sara. *sigh* I am sooooooo giddy right now. We got a good ending. Maybe it was done to some people but think of it this way, if you paired Sara with someone else or Grissom and you had a sweet moment with them and the other person, I bet you'd be at least a bit giddy.

And Nicky getting emotional. Gotta love him for that. Though I wanted more. And sweet Greggo~ You changed my life. And as fellow Love fans would add inc. me since I am one, cue Nicky to walk in at that moment.:thumbsup:

I wanted more Riley since I freaking adore her, but as its been said that they included just about everyone. Well except for one unless I blinked and missed it, there was noooooo Bobby?!?!?!

And I realllllly hope creepy guy some how comes back again. Maybe one of his other *followers/students* that carry on his work wil pop up again and we can get a creepy yet fantastic story line.

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I can actually see your point and agree...tonight's show sort of showed how out of character Grissom became...he never gave Nick much...not even a pat on the back...He did care about the others more..it showed in the writing that he had a closeness to them, a father like presence in their lives but not Nick's(Catherine always took care of Nick...she was always there for him)...Our Grissom of old was the Scientist...he changed this season and became a stranger to myself and to others who have loved the show for nine years...we fell in love with the man who had few feelings,considered himself a loner and a puzzle solver........He changed and the the writers in the end of One To Go showed us why....not a happy ending for some of us who just liked Grissom, the man of science.

As for Nick....all I can say is finally....but it really didn't fit...did it?

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

You are right. There was no Bobby. How could they forget him? :(

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Okay, I agree that Hodges had a longer scene with Gris then Greg or Nick and it would have only been right that it be the other way around...it should have been, but in Hodges defense, I think he was probably one of the ones most greatly effected by Grissom's departure. Yes, everyone was effected in one way or another, but even as a fan of the quirky lab tech, we all know what Hodges is like...so I think the scene was played out decently,the way it should have, between the two. Hodges protesting a little in a last minute effort to change Grissom's mind, then respecting the mans decision in the end.