"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

And I do agree, the torture scenes were a bit excessive. And I'm a fan of the Saw franchise, but for whatever reason, parts of tonight's show made me uncomfortable.

I know. So bittersweet!

2. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I really like the episode. I like Grissom walked through the labs to see his people then stop and looked at Nick for a few minute then Catherine then left. Grissom went to Costa Rica and found Sara and he's happy.

The next week is looked interested with Ray Langton first time in the lab. Hodges won't get along with Ray, he will think Ray will replace Grissom and he is not.

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well that sucked.

Kudos to the CSI writers for doing them most chiche thing in prime time tv! Of course, since the GSR storyline is one big epic failure, they pretty much had to do it that way. I am glad Grissom is gone, his character sucks. They took an orignal, awsome character and gave in to the shippers, and ruined him.

Now we can get back to CSI, not some crappy shell of it.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I expected it to end the way it did. I figured as much. So it didn't come as a huge shock to me. So I'm neutral about it. I just wish it wasn't so similar to ER.

But the Nick and Grissom scenes were touching. I feel as if Nick finally got some kind of closure on the weird relationship he had with Grissom and it could have gone on longer, but this is Grissom what did we expect. He's not one for heaps of praise.

So where the heck is Hank!!! What did he do with his dog! I hope we find that out soon.

ETA: I loved the look of pride he gave as he walked by Nick who was processing a car at the time. You could see Grissom is very proud of who Nick has become!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  6. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I think they did a good job with Grissom's last episode. Loved the lab walkthrough, and I would have been happy if they ended there, but I knew they wouldn't. Even though I would have been happy without the GSR ending, it was still good :)

And it was nice to see Grissom out amongst the bugs where he belongs. :)

7. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Puke. No, seriously, regarding the last scene - puke! :wtf:

The episode was disappointing, and not just because of the end. I did like the walk-through scene that Grissom did, until of course he got to Costa Rica. I would have been totally content if all he did was admire the bugs and the monkey, and not mack on the other primate who was waiting on him.

Greg's final scene was much too short with Grissom. Sorry, I have to say it, even though I sound like a petulant 12-year-old, David Hodges got more final scenes with Gil than Greggo. I guess it's true that the writers don't have much regard for Greg. Idiots.

I agree with critic Robert Bianco's review of part of this episode in today's USA Today, when he wrote: "It would be better if the criminal's work did not involve torturing a kidnapped woman; CSI should leave those kinds of sick scare tactics to Criminal Minds." CSI is best when it shows only the aftermath of murder, and analyzes it until it solves the case. I prefer that it doesn't play to the kinds of people who get off watching torture scenes. I don't believe this was an asset to the plot of the show. In fact, it detracted from it.

Bill Irwin did a masterful job at playing a serial killer. If you've seen him in previous acting jobs, he has always played a sweet, nice guy. I remember when he played on a couple of episodes of "Northern Exposure" not to mention subsequent roles on other shows. He really deserves an award for this episode for playing against type. He sure scared me.

I think I'm going to like Dr. Langston. His ego is in check so far, and I think he'll be eager to learn from his future colleagues. Hope so anyway.

So, Ecklie is the new Under Sheriff. Well, that could prove to be a thorn in Brass' side, as well as the CSI's.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hank is waiting at home because Costa Rica is way too hot- he's not stupid! :lol:

The GSR ending was pretty much expected by me. I mean, I really expected nothing less. I think the fandom is pretty much split in half, GSR/anti-GSR, so the ending is a mixture of hatred and joy. I'm pretty much in the middle about it. The ending was neutral for me.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I did not find it too gruesome or anything, but then again I watch Dexter which is far worse than this was. :lol:

I did like his walk down the hall looking in on all those he will be leaving, looking at them with fondness.

Oh and I love that Ecklie is the new Under-Sheriff...we still can dislike him for other reasons now. :lol:

10. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I agree 110%. WELL said.

It was FINE until the end...THEN they freaking ruined it....Whoever's idea it was to do those last 30 seconds of footage, was on drugs or something...UN-freaking-believable.

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

It was just plain BAD. GSR or not, it was BAD. If that was with catherine i would still be cringing, cause its CSI...shouldn't be that bad. Yikes. Everything to his outfit, and her standing there.

Gil Grissom died 3 seasons ago, and went out in a whimper instead of a bang.

12. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Ohai. Long time no see. Also, FieldMouse, digging your avatar.

1. GSR. Cheesy, yet also oddly believable and adorable GSR. And another kiss. win++; :thumbsup: :bolian:
    2. Morpheus is the new CSI. O.O This is going to be awesome. He'll investigate the scene and find a red pill and a blue pill, then discover that, in the kitchen, there is not one spoon. Then, one day, he shows up in a trenchcoat and reveals that everyone is just a battery in the big R/C Dalek and that the cake is a lie.
    3. Aww, Hodges is Watson. *giggle squee* But Greg is still Sherlock.
    4. Also, the DJK? CREEPY AS HELL, and his apprentice isn't exactly a plushie either.
    5. Again, GSR. FTW.
    6. I knew Sara was going to be there.
    7. Seriously, I totally knew. The moment I saw the Hatt of Sexy, I knew. Also, that monkey was actually me in disguise. Clever, doncha think?
    8. Does anyone else think Morpheus has a biiiiiiiit of a problem with his apparent inability to recognize really, really creepy people when he sees them? I guess it would have to be Agent Smith.

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I liked it...it was good...the torture scene did make my skin crawl though...but it worked in showing us the criminal mentality of Thomas the accomplice.

The walk through was sad though....Greg was sitting my himself? Nick, he gave the pause and a smile,like a father who sees a part of himself in his son..... and then the wink from Catherine, the smile...perfect!

Then they messed it all up with that last scene...I changed channels as he ran to her...Yuck...but otherwise it was a very good show and I can't wait til next week!!!!

14. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

It's over.
    Right? Their gone now, for good?
    I rewound to the Nick scene. I feel placated to, in a bad way. I can't quite articulate what bothers me about it other than that (IMO) it feels like too little too late.:(

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

imo, it wouldn't be in Grissom's style go out with a bang. i think it was done in a great way. i just wonder how grissom knew where sara was but that's a technicality.

the GSR arc has been on the show for a long time and they had to end it. if you start something and take it this far, you have to give the viewers some answers at the end.

i liked how the last scene resembled Way To Go (btw, similar title). they finish it with Grissom being in a rainforest, with Sara. just how the canon started for us, it has finished. and i liked how he got interested in a bug first.

after all of the un-cheesy, subtle, ambiguous moments those two had in a span of 8 years, i think it's refreshing to finish it the opposite way. TPTB owed some serious shipiness to us, and in the final minute of Grissom's final episode, we got it. i'm a satisfied fan now. thank you, goodnight. ;)