"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ugh, the went the cheesy route and did the "ER" stunt! :rolleyes: I had a feeling they were going to do that.

His walkthrough the lab was sad, but I don't think he'll really miss them. He only cares about Sara.

They reduced him to a love sick puppy.

Oh well.

Now Ecklie as the Undersheriff, talk about coming out of nowhere. Wow!

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well with the exception of the last scene this was an excellent episode.

3. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I don't need "a new reason to watch" I already have four nine year long reasons to watch. Thier names are Greg, Nick, Cathrine, and Brass.
    The torture scene could have been skipped.
    Yay Ecklie, I like him because he's evil. Hodges is a different story. I plugged my ears against his final shpiel.

4. joy17

joy17 Dead on Arrival

:)I have to admit that I am rather pleased with the episode. I'm glad that there wasn't a party with hats and cake and stuff. Though I didn't care for the last scene, it was better thatn I thought it would be.

Plus, I really like Laurence Fishburne's character. He's different but in a good way.;)

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The fact that they chose to end with it being about GSR was EPIC FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. :rolleyes:

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I liked how he didn't make a huge fuss at the end....he just watched all the people (with the exception of Riley) he nurtured and considered his family interact and just kept on walking.

Far too many times are goodbyes of beloved characters dragged out for the sake of being dragged to create to drama and to remind us, needlessly, why we loved that particular character. He left in typical Grissom style; quietly and w/o much fuss.

Great episode and I am sad to see him go.

As for the ending, I think the ep would have been just as fine had it ended with him walking down the hallway.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It was really good and interesting until he he left the lab. I wish I had turned it off then. Total ER ending there.

I think Hodges seriously did love the guy. :lol:

Next week looks interesting. I can't wait to see it with no Grissom, just for a real change.

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I was all ready to shed a tear at the heart wrenching departure until the last scene, BUT I will say this... I believe EVERYone got what they wanted. A classy CSI departure for the non gsr fans...and the last scene for those are for it.

Poor Hodges. He did look like he was going to cry...lol.

GREAT episode overall though. I was glued to the television the entire time. I think LF will do okay and now I can't wait to see his first "scene" next week.

9. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

REALLY should have ended the episode with him walking down the hall....Seriously. They totally ruined the ending...
    I bawled like a baby as well...it started when Hodges came in and talked to him and ended when I turned it off so as to AVOID any more smooching...I'm broken up.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I love how the last time I checked this forum (couple seconds ago), there were 99 people viewing it. :lol:

Didn't get to see the brunt of the episode but managed to catch the last 10 minutes. Loved the way Grissom was written out, it seemed to work. Not a big commotion, no one groveling at his feet begging him to stay or anything -- except maybe Hodges. :lol:

Could have done without the last minute or so as I thought the scene with Grissom walking out of the lab would have sufficed but that's all right. Continuity/resolution and all that.

I'll have to go back and watch the entire hour when I get the chance. :)

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well i'm really glad with the GSR ending. i think it was a great compromise for both anti-GSR and pro-GSR people. the pro- had their favorite storyline finished and are super excited about it, and the anti- don't have to worry about seeing GSR on CSI anymore. if it was left unresolved, there would be a follow up almost for sure.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

This is the first CSI episode I've ever watched where I actually had to cover my eyes and ears. The torture scenes were totally creepy and, IMO, unnecessary. I thought they were trying to bring in new viewers with this episode. If I were a new viewer, I would have turned away as soon as I saw the first torture scene. Maybe it's just that I'm too squeamish, which I don't think I am, but that it was so different from what we normally expect from CSI. It felt like something from 24 or a horror film instead. If TPTB are going to market an episode as much as they did for this one, they should really try to make it more family-friendly, IMO, so that it appeals to a wider audience and can actually bring new viewers in, and they should also make it more similar to other CSI episodes.

Also, the juxtaposition of creepy torture scenes with more sentimental goodbyes was just really weird and made it feel, IMO, very disjointed. I liked Grissom's exit from the Lab, though I'm still really undecided about the GSR part. It felt very out of place to see him in a totally different environment with a funny monkey staring at him. I expected that the GSR would be the biggest disappointment of the evening, but somehow that actually turned out to be (almost) a highlight, just because it wasn't overly dark.

Overall, it felt to me like it was a weird collage of different movies/shows -- extremely creepy torture stuff, happy sentimental dramedy (GSR) combined with what I normally expect from CSI (the forensics and other characters).

The forensic astronomy was cool and I thought LF did an excellent job, as did the rest of the cast. I'm still undecided on Hodges as well.

Still, to me, all of the torture and gruesome stuff outweighed what should have been a very memorable exit for a wonderful actor. Overall, I was very disappointed.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I liked it. I'd give it an A.

-Langston actually seems to fit in decently well. Although I'm sensing that he's not going to get along well with Hodges.
    -How many people were involved in this exactly? So... he did have accomplices? I'm confused.
    -Henry making the comparisons between Catherine and Grissom? I'm guessing that we won't hear the end of that for until pretty much the rest of the series.
    -Wendy and Hodges talking together. I know I mentioned it before, but I find it very interesting that they're separated from the rest of the lab rats.
    -Seriously, where was Riley in this entire episode? I mean I know she's not really a part of Grissom's departure, but she's still a CSI.

14. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Oh Lord, it would have been a fine exit had it not shown the last moment of footage. Nothing has ever made my skin crawl more. Not that I expected better from TPTB but I had hope. I live on it. Yet another let down.

15. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I loved the episode. I was a little sad the Grissom didn't have a final one liner though.
    To be honest I was a little lost in the case, but I think mainly because I was just to anxious for the end scenes.

The walk out of the lab was PERFECT for me. Catherine's wink made me cry.
    And the music they played at that part was BEAUTIFUL. Excellent piano!

As for the final scene, I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. Grissom's pants were terrible, and it looked like Sara was wearing an identical hideous pair. And I'm still not a fan of short haired Sara. I'm glad they ended up together, but something wasn't quite right about it for me.

Goodbye Grissom. :(