The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Aww.....Grandmas are wise, aren't they? And they have pretty good gaydar too! :lol:

Because in this scene from "Who Are You?", everything about their body language screams GAY....;)

Once again, the boys were shamelessly flirting in "Who Are You'"...

[​IMG]

Like in the diner scene, Nick is devouring Greg with his eyes..:devil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

Deidre, I love your Grandmother. :D

You know, that's another thing I didn't notice. >_> That the waitress wasn't looking at Nick. I guess I was a little too apprehensive about the ending of that episode. I had felt something was going to go wrong... and... :( Anyway, skipping away from bad memories.

The TPTB really does a poor job of hiding Nick's orientation. And Greg's. I don't know if this is relevant, but sometimes it just sort of irks me that because Nick/Greg is a gay ship, they'll do everything they can to try and hide it; but they have no problem with Yo!Bling or GSR. And don't get me wrong, because I am a GSR and Yo!Bling fan, and I have no problem with the GSR romance and the Yo!Bling subtext... but I dunno. =/ I'm not sure what I'm trying to say. Lol.

And Lonewolfe, I have a story on WMTDB, but I don't know if you'd like it or not. Not to step into your preferences; I'm just saying I don't think it's that good. :lol: But if you want to read it, my name is discoxwithxme . :)

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

They were always shamelessly flirting back in the early seasons. Now it is more so looks between them that really do show that they are more so in a relationship now that has lasted a few years. In the beginning you flirt more, later on you just know each other so well, you can speak without words and I feel that is were Nick and Greg are at now.

I'm trying to type up my sequel to my last Nick/Greg fic but I am working overtime this week and am in the mood to type when I get home, since I spend all day on the computer at work.

4. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Hey guys! Long time no see, I know. But I just had to come on and say that I agree about that stupid toothpick!!! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic! lol.

The other thing is this... Stacy has asked me for a special birthday present (That's Only True Love for those who don't know her). Some of you know I write mostly dark, angst filled stories. Well, she's asked me to challenge myself to a long piece of fluff. And, so I've taken on the challenge, just because it's her birthday. So, I've only got a few weeks to bang this out, but so far I'm hopeful that it will have minimal angst. For once. I can't tell you what it's called, but it should be the next story I post on WMTDB and ff.net, sometime in early February. Then, I promise (!) I'll get back to both chaptered pieces I'm working on: "Strength of Soul", my AU merman fic, and "Braden Sanders-Stokes" my family piece.
    So, my reasoning for not posting anything isn't because of writer's block or lack of time. Blame Stacy, and the research I have to do for this story! It will be amazing if I can pull this off!
    Anyway, so, cannon stuff... since this isn't the fanfic thread... I just rewatched Fannysmackin' and in the commentaries they mention that Greg doesn't carry a gun and doesn't really want to. I'm just wondering if that'll ever change, and if Nicky will be the one to help that change happen? Thoughts?
    Also, I just read one of the books set in the fifth season "Snake Eyes" and at one point Warrick and Greg get into a situation. Warrick asks Greg if he's carrying and Greg says he never goes anywhere without his gun. Yet, in season seven they say the exact opposite. I kinda feel like that was a really big thing to screw up. Greg was great in that scene from the book, ended up saving Warrick's life, and I believe he could have done it, but not with his own gun. The author did lots of research and watched episodes, but still got that wrong. Anyway, that's what spurred the earlier question.
    And with that, I need to go, so I can get writing! ttyl.

5. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

OMG! I read Snake Eyes too, and there's this really cute moment at the end with the whole team, and Greg's got his hair all spiked up and facing the wrong direction because he'd fallen asleep on the break room couch and all the gel in his hair made his hair stand all out in weird directions.:guffaw:

And Warrick's talking about how Greg got him out of that tight spot (Poor thing, too! Got sick!) and it mentions that Nick just looks at him, totally proud...I mean, if even a supposedly-nuetral author can see the subtext and feel that it's not cannon without at least a bit of flirting or...you know...apreciation on the boy's parts...That's big, and TPTB really needs to wake up and smell their own coffee. (Which is not nearly as delicious as Greg's Blue Hawaiian.)

Has anyone ever noticed that we have out own little The Love-isms that other people might not understand? Like the fact that we never refer to them as "Nick and Greg" except when we're talking singular...we say "Our Guys" or "The Boys" which is actually weird in and of itself because they're both fully-grown men...lol.

I was chattin' with Stacey and she read this fic of mine, a self-insert called "What If...?" and She was talking about a name I gave their sex...and I called it HAL - which stands for something, just so you know. And she was going on about how it could be amusing to use it on here, because then we could get past the mods because we're not technicallt doing anything wrong...lol. No foul language! Just a name!

So, that's just one last thing I wanted to mention.

Nice ta see ya again, Queen. Oh, and remind me to bake Stacey some cookies if she really did get you to write non-angst. She's a miracle worker. lol, JK.

-Lynn

6. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

Greg's preference about carrying a piece really is a sort of big thing to mess up... No offense to the author! But still. And that's cute how even a neutral author can slip in a The Love moment... :adore: I haven't read the CSI books, but I've been wanting to.

The Love fluff is always good. The episodes of CSI have just been so sad and angsty lately (not that they aren't always, since someone is dead in the show, but that's not my point)... I really, really miss happy, joking, coffee-hyped Greg Sanders lab-rat. ): I wonder if Nick does too? Not that I don't love Greg all the same, but with all of the gloom on the show... it was really nice to have Greg brighten things up throughout the episode, even if only for a moment. :)

I was watching an episode of CSI today ("Room Service") and when Nick, Warrick and Archie were in the A/V Lab, looking at security tapes, Archie made a comment on how one of the ladies had nice legs, to which Warrick wholeheartedly agreed. And Nick? Well, of course, Nick was all business and asked Archie to keep playing the tape (or whatever he said, I don't quite remember the specifics...). So like Nicky to not pay attention to a young woman's legs... :devil: He likes Greg's legs just fine, anyway... :devil: :devil:

By the way - Don't know if I can say this here? But "Grave Danger" is coming on Spike today (Thursday, January 15th) starting at 2:00pm EST.

7. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Hi all, just me again. Just wondering if anyone's going to be voting in the CSI: LV Fan Choice Awards? Everyone's been talking about their favourite episodes, so why not go nominate them along with your favourite individual moments, favourite ship, and all that sort of thing. I've got some thinking to do myself in regards to my fave eps...

8. NGR91300

NGR91300 Victim

I just realised I didn't post in a very long time after posting only 3 messages ^^. I'm such a bad fanboy, I know, but I've nothing interesting to say actually! Anyway when I saw you were talking about the diner scene in "For Gedda" I needed to intervene because I'm totally crazy about that scene :drool: and I remember the first time I watched it I was with my brother (I think that was the second time he watched CSI or something like that + he's straight and not into slash at all) & when I finally saw the scene I tried hard not to squee and my brother told me something like "The guy is an idiot, the waitress is lovely and he's straring at his friend greg". That was too much for me I didn't stop laughing until the sad Warrick scene! :lol:

PS: Deidre, I'm in love with your icon! JB is so... Actually, I would never find a word wonderful enough to describe him!

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ah, that diner scene in For Gedda! Love it although I've only seen it once.
    I already like your brother, NGR91300, for noticing that Love moment and how great is your grandmother Deirdre? Good gaydar, both of them.

There was absolutely no reason for Nick to stare at Greg at all, especially since he was talking/listening to Cath (if I remember correctly).

Have to agree with the toothpick, so not cool (not even Sofia could pull it off, well, maybe she could ... ;)). But maybe he needed something to occupy his mouth with so he wouldn't do unspeakable things to Greg right then and there :lol::devil:

I absolutely love Room Service! It's such a great episode with some great Love moments. As you've mentioned, spillednotes, Nick's obliviousness (is that really a word?) to great female legs :lol: and the scene where he's teasing Greg (my favourite!)

[​IMG]
    Greg: Remember the time when you weren't careful enough with the scarf? I had to wear a turtleneck for days! :shifty:
    [​IMG]
    Nick: You'll never let me forget it, won't you? :rolleyes:

:guffaw::devil::guffaw:

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That really made me laugh out loud (LOL):rolleyes: And about Room Service, the scenes between Greg/Nick/Warrick were the only thing I like about the episode because IMO its one of the worst episodes ever, the cases were boring. But we got some really good Love scenes out of it.

11. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

It was a boring episode. Lol. But it had some The Love moments so I was really happy about that. :)

Oh my, I should go vote for things. :) Except I don't have a favourite episode? There's so many... :O How can you pick? But I think some of the ones from Seasons 2, 3, and 5 are my favourites. :) And Season 4.

LOL! NGR91300, your brother is awesome.

So, I have a question. I'm writing this companion fic to a previous story I wrote, and it's in Nick's POV. And I was thinking of things that would cause Nick to both hinder himself from telling Greg how he feels, and what event(s) would cause him to come to terms with his feelings. I had lots of ideas but they all seemed sort of overused, so I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on those things? Besides the obvious lab explosion/buried alive/beating.

12. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Love Fan... I LOVE those pics!!! If I wasn't at work right now, I'd have burst out laughing for at least half an hour, I swear!
    And yes, Lynn, you can go right ahead and bake Stacy cookies and cake and all sorts of stuff... I'm totally thanking one of my original characters in this, because they're what's really carrying the fluff throughout the story and helping to make it sweet, even though it's set in a very dark time in the boys' lives. Yup, imagine that, fluff in dark times, it's hard, but fun.
    Anyway, I do remember that story, and HAL. That would be hilarious if we started to use that here. Everyone, go read her crack! fic! It's laugh-out-loud funny, and then you'll understand what HAL is.
    Ummm... what else was I gonna say? I dunno. well, as for the books, I'm in the process of ordering them for my library. Ha, of course, in this venture, I've come to realize just how many there really are. Max Allan Collins doesn't write all of them anymore. I think now he's doing just the comic book ones.
    Oh, Sophia, she can almost pull off the toothpick. But that thought about what Nick would have done otherwise... almost squicky viewing they were in public with friends. But he coulda dragged him home... or at least to their car... lol. Anyway, I've gotta run. Perhaps I'll find the time to come back more regularly, on occasion. I hope so. I miss you all!

13. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Cookies? IS someone baking me cookies?:thumbsup:

Well this is more of a hopeful thing that spoilery thing about tonight's episode. I really hope we get something about the boys and how upset they are about Grissom's leave. I know there has been in previews the boys individual saying good bye but I'd love some subtexty moment between them.

2 other thingys. Our chat/ gabby chat doesnt seem to be working.:( And the other is a challenge: I know on our lovely fanfiction site the fort that that this might sound familar to a story that is posted but isnt. Or not intended to be. Use the lyrics of Sarah McLaughlin 'Possession'. It can be rated what ever you choose, but if you know the song it might be hard for HAL not to happen:drool::devil:;). And there is no limit on its length. There is however one thing~ The only angst that can be in the story is brief and episode related. Something that happened to upset the boys. But this doesnt mean you have to have any angst, just if you do that's the limit.

Waves hi to anyone new. :thumbsup:

14. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Hi again! *waves to new posters* *welcomes the old ones back* Stacy, I checked the gabb(l?)y chat thinger and it seemed to be working.. I didn't log in, but it got me to the screen. Maybe it was fixed? Or was it just a problem with logging in? *shrugs*

NGR91300, your brother's comment was great, as was your grandmother's, Deirdre. I never get people commenting on stuff like that, outside of you guys, of course. :p (Unfortunately, I don't think shippers count.)

I disagree, but for obvious reasons. ;D The shipper in me never fails. Although yeah, it was definitely strange. It's always nice when other people pick up on it - that don't ship any sort of slash - because I don't feel like I'm completely crazy. Of course, you all make it okay so even if I was crazy at least I'd have people to, y'know, be crazy with. If that makes sense.

I totally agree. Not to say that angst is a bad thing, but when it comes episode after episode, or even every other episode... I'm not actively trying to get the angst, so it's much more, uh, annoying. :D

I second this because yes. You just need to. And it seems that it's already going :p Of course, if we start taking this up, I am no longer going to be able to make it through posts without crying from laughter, heh.

I won't see you guys in the chat tonight (this is assuming that it works fine and the problem Stacy had doesn't overtake everyone :p), and I won't get to see the episode until tomorrow maybe, but I'll lurk around the Fort after the episode!

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I am so confused. What chat are y'all talking about and which story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.