Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

She gave him is in to tell her how he feels and he chickened out. I was happy to see that Calleigh wants him to say it but then how will she respond to it. I wasn't expecting him to blurt out I love you but he should have said something. Hell even can we talk about this later.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I am still trying to wrap my head around this. I can both sides. He has been pressing her so often in the past and she has changed the subject each time so when finally she DOES want an answer he is flabergasted and has a brain fart, like someone said earlier.

On the other hand, I think she is still thinks he only has a crush and his emotions are a result of her being there for him in a time when he was most confused etc. Granted, he definately made it seem like that last night by not answering but I don't think his emotions are soley based on her being there for him. I think part of her knows that but like any woman she wanted confirmation; she wanted to hear the words.

I think we will be in a holding pattern, if you will, until one of them or frickin both of them gets their heads out of their arses!! 714 is going to be a big step, IMO in that direction....all we have to do is get through next week :rolleyes:

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I can see where she is coming from. I would want to hear it too.

So this is how 7x14 is going to go in my head, hopefully I am not too wrong. Eric is upset because he feels that he should have been there with Ryan instead of Calleigh. She collapses at work and panics when she is rushed to the hospital. It hits him then that he could have lost her and then he admits to her that he would like to take their friendship to the next level (with some help from Alexx...because I really want to see her do that too). They agree to take it slow and then its on too 7x16

4. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

Ok so last nights episode was really good...they actually gave us all the scenes we saw in the promo and I'm it still left me like *huh but after thinking about it all day calleigh just wanted him to say it and im really surprised he didnt. The curb scene was really cute and curse Frank :scream: for interrupting them but she was totally playing dumb about reading his file. I dont think well get major progression until 7.14 when shes in the hospital but I'm looking forward to next weeks to see if there a mention of what happened or something. I wasn't dissapointed by last night episode.:)

Heres to next week!!;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  5. delkolover

I think her flirting with the guy is really, at this point, to get a rise out of him! She knows he cares but since he can't verbalize to her exactly how much, so she, a single woman goes forward and of course the horse trainer is there, so flirting happens etc. This might put a bug up his arse but I really thinkt he situtation with her in 714 is going to make both of the stop and be like "wtf are we doing?" him more so then her and I think it will be his turn to shock her by finishing the conversation that was started last night and this time he follows through all the way til the end.

6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

After lastnights episode I sort of felt sorry for Eric, but I've changed my mind. I don't have any sympathy for him. He needs to grow some balls. I mean, really.

Good for Calleigh for flat out telling him that he needs to tell her how he feels. She doesn't want to make the first move and she let him know that it's up to him.. and he just stood there and let her walk away. Goodness.

It seems like these two are just playing games with each other and after lastnight, that seems to be coming to an end.. thanks to Calleigh.

In episodes like Cheating Death and How Does That Make You Kill? it has Calleigh hinting to Eric or at least giving him a green light to tell her how he feels. Hell, even in the episode Born to Kill she gave him an opportunity when she told that she trusted him with her life and she didn't know how she felt about Jake yet.

Oh, and Eric knew that she read his file this whole time and brings it up now? It took forever. Better late than never.. but still, he didn't handle things very well in Head Case. At the scene by the elevator he seemed like he had everything all figured out until Calleigh was like 'What do you want?', and then he just completely shut down. Insane.

Sure, we can say that Eric has changed a lot after the shooting and that he's lost the confidence he once has. But after a while that becomes sort of irrelevant when it comes to the situation with him and Calleigh. Especially when he's had the same feelings for just her for so long.

I am so ready for 7.14 because I guess what happens in that episode is going to make them both realize their feelings for one another..because they both need a pretty good slap in the face or just a wake up call.

I'm done with my rant and I feel much better now.:)

7. DuquesneDelko

DuquesneDelko Dead on Arrival

I think were being a little hard on Eric. Even though he is in love with her it doesn't mean that he isn't a little scared too. After all, this is all new to him. He was never one to be with just one girl. I think he likes the idea of being with Calleigh but when it came time to actually act he felt a little overwhelmed. I don't mean that he doesn't want to be with her, but he just needs to take that chance, and when she confronted him like that, he just really didn't know the right thing to say.

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I'm gonna say that I loved last night's episode. I did. I have it taped because my mom and youngest sister didn't see it and I'm gonna watch it again. Eric needs to tell Calleigh soon! I think he will in 7x14 because that's gonna be epic for both of them.
    Plus Alexx is coming back (YAY!!) and I think she's a secret HipHuggers shipper.

Axel

9. delkolover

Part of it is her too. I think she ambushed him in way b/c a small part of her knew that he wouldn't know what to do if she did. The situation allowed her to turn the tables and in a way by her some time, b/c I don't honestly think she is ready to hear what he has to say. So she shocked him into silence, effectively leaving the ball in his court.

When he is ready to finally say something I think she is going to be very very shocked to hear what he has to say. ;)

10. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I'm assuming we dont need spoiler tags anymore..but jsut in case..im gonna put my thoughts in one...

So, I was super impressed with the writers. They brought back so many aspects into those 2 little moments between the two. When Eric said that Dug Benson didnt have a wife or family, that brings us bck to him saying he wanted children from 'CSI My Nanny' in season 6, and episode 7.03 when he said he wanted to settle down. All this time, Calleigh knew that eric liked her, but she acted as if she didnt to respect his privacy...oh calleigh...:rolleyes:...the boy wants you to say something! I really hope that we get that flower comment brought back into 7.14 when calleigh is in the hospital...that would be amazing if he brought her flowers! :thumbsup: anyways, i feel sorry for eric! he is obviously hurting really deep inside from wanting calleigh and a family so bad, and that hurts me. he obviously wants children, and he is really good with them on the show. oh, i just hope that the rest of season 7 brings us good things!:adore::adore:

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree it's both ;). I think we can say that it was pretty hard to imagine Calleigh being so to the point like she was last night so I guess Eric didn't think of it either. I mean we've always thought of Eric telling her how he feels, or Calleigh doing/saying small stuff, but at least I never imagined that she would be so blunt about it and so I never even thought of what Eric would respond if she did. I think it was a mixture of him being shocked that she said all that, him still being insecure, and him being in this position were he fell hard for someone for the first time and not just anyone...his very good, longtime friend and co-worker. Plus we have to remember that even though it's been a long time since he realized his feelings had changed, jake was in the picture. Just when he was realizing how he felt jake came in. He had to endure the guy throughout the complete sixth season and just at the beginning of this one was the breakup official. Even then it wouldn't have been smart of him to just swoop in. So it's been a long time but after thinking about it there's been obstacles all the way. So this was a wake up call telling him it can happen, that now the time is right and I think 7.14 will be the last straw for him to get over all the obstacles and just take the leap.

At least now he knows that Calleigh is willing to listen about how he feels and that she's not changing the subject or ignoring what's going on between them. So maybe he got some courage after he went home and thought about it.

12. delkolover

He was afraid that if he brought it up she would run....she does have issues when it comes to these things ;) it was too soon after Jake to bring it up and maybe he is/was a little confused about his feelings.

I mean hell, I was shocked she even said it....imagine how it had to be for him? He didn't know what to do. So now he knows she wants to talk about it...he just has to step up. This was the only way he was going to know if the time was right for them to talk about it. At some point SHE had to draw a line and I think in some way he was waiting for it....I don't think he expected to be then and like that, but he was waiting for some sort of sign or confirmation that she was ready to go forward.

I think with the flriting in the next ep it will give him an incentive to talk and then 714 is the icing on the cake for him to open his mouth and actually have words come out!!

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I noticed Calleigh clearing her throat, and I laughed, because it was so "What? I wasn't saying anything. Why are you looking at me like that?".

I'm not even that much of a shipper, but when Calleigh was basically throwing the ball at his head instead of lightly placing it in his court, I was almost yelling "Oh for crying out loud just kiss her, damnit! It'd make things so much easier!" :lol:

14. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok if I remember correctly since they have brought out the past issue of the file and her reading it, If I remember correctly he had not read his own file and he didn't know what all was in said file notes that she read.

I assume he probably figured that the Dctor wrote down most of his feelings in her notes, but I really wonder what he assumes that she read in the file. For one thing when he said I really value your friendship Calleigh, I think he was feeling her out to kinda get a hint of what she really read in the notes. I mean he may think that the Doctor just said something like Eric is attracted to female Co-worker but worrys about how she feels for him. I don't really think he knows what all she really read in his file! She has been standoffish from him so much everytime he said anything he was totally taken by surprise last night by her bluntness. It seem like he was really going to lay it out there until she shot back and said she was confussed!

Now! What is Calleigh confused about? What did she read in that file! "When I got shot it put my life in prospective! It made me think about my future and settling down, it would be nice if it were Calleigh!" Now this is what she read, but he hasn't read his on file so he really doesn't know what shes read. He told her he valued her friendship! Now to me that was a little weird comming from him knowing how he feels about her. I'm thinking he was trying to carefully go fishing to see if she would admit to read his file and she tryed to play dumb by saying she didn't know he felt that way about her, Then he bought up the file, and I thnk he was really try to see what she new or didn't know and when she didn't bite ans said she was tring to respect his privacy, I think he was going to push it a little farther when he give her that look, and we all know the pattened Delko Eye roll! He was trying to find out exactly what she did know so he could see if he was going to be able to tell her how he felt without her running away from him.

But! Dear old Frank came waltzing up and enter the picture befoe he could get it out of her. Then by the time it came up at the Elevater, He figure she wasn't going to spill, so he would push it a liittle more and get her to tell him what she new and how she felt, but it snowballed on him when He said what if I don't! Well I mean he was a little bit eager there like he was going to be the big stud on campus and win the head Cheerleader on game day! Instead she through it back at him!

I think the reason she said he should tell her and spell it out is because she read what hes told the Doctor, but then he turns and says I value our FriendShip! i think she feels hes confused because one time hes swooning over her and making googoo eyes and she gets thease signals that he wants her, and the next hes like well I value your friendship! Inturn hes confusing her in the prossess of his inability to articulate his thought and feelings to her! I think I would be kinda confused to because she just can't figure out witch one is the truth and she doesn't want to deep and totally in to him until he classifies his intentions and tells her what the hell he really wants from her!

I think hes been at this for so long and instead of comming out and saying something to start out with, he has wasted there time by try to jocky it out of her first and now hes got both of them confused about what each other wants In turn I think I'm even confused now so I need to stop this before my head actually spontainiously combusts and my hubby has to call the Fire Department! Lol! Am I making any sence or am I confussing everybody else!!!!

Oh and if i'm not making any sence thats ok I only paid $1.95 for this PHD in Psycology at Walmart so if you need one their pretty cheap.

15. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

hahh...i know...i loved that...it was such a classic reaction:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.