CSI:Miami Road Trip #11: We Ain't Comin' Home

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Finch, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

OMFG... I can picture poor Katie almost hurling during dinner. That was funny. God you're good. I loved it. Especially with him wanting to take home Katie's leftover for his mom, cause the food stamps haven't come in.

hehe, I had to stop and catch my breath.:lol: This is great stuff.

Gotta love Katie and her little stunt to get a real man in the Supermarket. And Speed catching her. Hah... she hates him..."YEAH RIGHT.":lol:

The ending with Eric, Heather and Ryan... Classic, loved it all Geni.

Great job.. update again soon

2. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

LOL... Poor Katie...she's looking for love in all the wrong places, when well all know that Speed is there...We all know that it's Speed and Katie...I'm trying not to sound bitter about it, but they seem fated. Everything's happening in tandem for them. Psha...take the plunge, Speed...lol

Of course, anything with Heather, Ryan, and Lora's comedic gold...add Eric and you're certified platinum. Or certifiable...either way...lol

Hilarious, and intriguing as always, Geni. You are always keeping us on our toes!

Excellent update!

3. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Please Geni no more drscriptive toenail & eating lard from the trash jokes! Awk! I didn't know if I would be able to finish reading it or not I wanted to throw up for Katie!

Speed should have taken her right there in the middle of the musturd and give her a big wet kiss and said I left my horse parked outside sorry! That would have been funny.

Heather, & Eric hiding Ryans underware in the freezer was great, but I think if Eric had told me he didn't have underware on I would have shut the closet door back and said prove it! I sure wouldn't have run! Lol!

Poor Horatio he can't tell them anything! Now they have a bunch of Maniquins to take care of. they better hide them from Eric or he will be dating one of them next! Lol!!

Come on Geni hurry up and put Speed and Katie together again!!! This isn't the Calleigh and Eric love affair don't keep us hangin in the wind!!!! Lol!

Great Update!!

P.S. i'm watching that Hot sexy Speed as we speak on A&E!!!!

4. MacsLovlyAngl

I agree, hurry, hurry. Wants another update.:lol:

*Taps foot*

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miami, restaurant, 1am, 1 week later

Katie: *downs glass of wine, taps on table*

Waiter: *walks over* Um, I'm sorry ma'am but we're closing in a few minutes. I don't think your date is going to show up.

Katie: *sniffs* No kiddin'.

Waiter: I took care of the bill for you.

Katie: *nods* Thanks. You're swell. *stands, staggers backwards*

Waiter: I'll have to ask however that you don't vomit on the carpet on your way out.

Katie: I shall do my best. *grabs onto chair*

Outside, sidewalk

Katie: *staggers sideways, pulls out keys*

Car lights blink

Katie: *stumbles over to car, grabs door handle*

Thunder is heard overhead, rain starts to pour

Katie: *sigh* Couldn't get anymore perfect.

Neighborhood, 1:40am

Condo

Speed: *rolls over*

Smash is heard outside, horn goes off

Speed: *opens eyes, grabs gun*

Outside

Speed: *runs out, looks around*

Thunder crashes overhead

Speed: *runs over to car*

Inside car

Katie: *blinks slowly*

Speed: *bangs on window*

Katie: *looks around*

Speed: *grabs at door handle, pulls door open* Katie, what the hell are you doing!

Katie: Wha? *looks over* Tim? What are you doin' here?

Speed: You hit a city mailbox. In front of my condo.

Katie: No, I'm not in front of your condo. *rubs forehead* I'm near my house.

Speed: Your house is another 5 blocks south. Are you okay? Do you need an ambulance?

Katie: Why would I need an ambulance?

Speed: ...Are you drunk?

Katie: OH GEEZ. You need my license and insurance, lemme get it. *leans over, grabs at glove compartment*

Speed: I don't need your license and registration, I need you to get out of the car, Katie. Come on. *grabs Katie's seatbelt buckle*

Katie: NO NO don't undo it! The cops'll think I was drivin' without a seatbelt.

Speed: You got into your vehicle drunk and you hit a city mailbox. Your seatbelt is the least of your worries. Let's go. *takes Katie's arm*

Katie: *stumbles out of car* WHOA! There should be some kinda runnin' board lightin' down here or somethin' so drunk people can find their way outta their cars.

Speed: Drunk people aren't supposed to be in their cars. I'm surprised you didn't take anyone out.

Katie: *slams fist onto mailbox* I took this out. *smiles*

Speed: Inside. Now.

Inside condo

Katie: *looks around* WOW so you're movin' up in the world, huh. *looks at Speed* Your shirt is very skin-colored.

Speed: I'm not wearing a shirt. You sort of woke me up.

Katie: *smiles* And you're wet, too. That's the way I like ma men. Shirtless and WET.

Speed: Why don't you have a seat, I'll get you a blanket.

Katie: I'm not cold.

Speed: You're shivering.

Katie: *looks down* Oh.

Speed: Just don't...touch anything, alright?

Katie: Sure thang. *salutes*

Speed: *walks away*

Katie: Oooh pretty piece of art. *knocks over vase* Oops. *staggers sideways* Here, lemme fix ya. *falls over onto floor, grabs vase pieces*

5 minutes later

Speed: *walks over, stops* What the hell are you doing?

Katie: *lifts head* Your vase took a walk off the shelf. I named him humpty-dumpty. *smiles*

Speed: *angry sigh*

Katie: *throws vase pieces* It's like solid confetti! WEE!

Speed: *grabs Katie*

Katie: *stands, grabs onto Speed, laughs* Wow you've got some muscle there, Speedy boy. *pats Speed's chest* Nice and strong...and sexy. *wraps arm around Speed's neck* I could spread you on a sandwhich. *growls*

Speed: *smirks*

Katie: *smiles* Oooh you find that funny? Good, 'cause I got more where that came from.

Speed: Do I even want to know why you were out on the road drunk?

Katie: Oh it's nothin' big. I went to dinner and drank like, the entire bottle. But it's cool 'cause the waiter didn't charge me on a count of my date not showin' up.

Speed: *stares at Katie* ...I'm sorry to hear that.

Katie: *shrugs* C'est la vie. WOW I speak goood french. BONJOUR!

Speed: Why don't we go upstairs and you can get changed into something dry.

Katie: Do you come with the clothes?

Speed: Cute. Move.

Upstairs, bedroom

Katie: *buttons up dress shirt* Holy crow, I'm good at drunk buttoning.

Speed: Your buttons are all messed up.

Katie: Wha? They look fine to me.

Speed: *wraps towel behind Katie's head*

Katie: *stares at Speed*

Speed: *drying Katie's hair*

Katie: ...So why do you think my date didn't show up?

Speed: *shakes head* I don't know.

Katie: *throws hands up in the hair, staggers backwards*

Speed: *lowers towel*

Katie: What's wrong with me? Why doesn't anyo...why doesn't anyone want me? *sniffs* I t-try so hard. *leans against wall* You don't know what it's like to go through every day alone. *stares blankly* I wake up alone, I eat breakfast alone...I watch TV alone, I shop alone, I come home alone and I go to bed alone...I'm even alone in my dreams.

Speed: You have friends, you have Lori...

Katie: *shakes head slowly* It's not the same. *sniffs* I'm just not feeling...complete. *staggers over to bed, sits, slides off bed* Oof. *crawls on floor* Where's that end table lamp thang, I knew I saw it. *grabs at bedside table* Oooh smooth surface.

Speed: *walks over, takes Katie's hand*

Katie: *stands* Thanks. *flops onto bed*

Speed: *sits*

Katie: Anyway, like I was sayin'...*scratches nose*...what was I sayin' again?

Speed: Why don't you get some rest.

Katie: I was tellin' you to get some rest?

Speed: No, I'm telling you to get some rest.

Katie: ...You're gonna leave me alone in here?

Speed: That's the idea. Bathroom's to your left.

Katie: I don't wanna be alone.

Speed: *pulls covers away* Get inside, get warm. We'll talk about your little accident tomorrow.

Katie: *slides underneath covers*

Speed: *covers Katie, stands*

Katie: Tim...

Speed: *angry sigh* What.

Katie: I love you.

Speed: ...I know you do. *walks away, shuts off light*

Katie: *closes eyes, pulls blankets tighter*

Downstairs, 11am

Speed: *wipes counter*

Katie: *saunters downstairs, holding head*

Speed: *looks over* Afternoon.

Katie: *walks over, lifts finger* How did I-

Speed: You crashed your car outside.

Katie: We didn't-

Speed: No.

Katie: *rubs eyes* Then why am I-

Speed: Your clothes were soaking. *picks up cup* Coffee?

Katie: Ugh, no. I'm never drinking anything ever again.

Speed: It'll help open the blood vessels in your eyes and brain, making the headache less painful.

Katie: Gee, I love it when you talk dirty. *grabs cup* Okay, let me see the damage.

Speed: *pulls string*

Shades lift, sunlight pierces through kitchen

Katie: Agh. *covers eyes* I said show me the damage, not create it.

Speed: *smirks*

Katie: *squints, looks outside* ...*sigh* Great. Well that was a smart idea.

Speed: Heard your date was a no-show.

Katie: *grabs chair, sits* Yeah? What else did I tell you?

Speed: You re-named the vase you broke to humpty-dumpty and you wanted to spread me on a sandwhich.

Katie: *groans, sips coffee*

Speed: It's okay, I was able to resist your 'charm'.

Katie: *lifts eyes*

Speed: Besides, that was the worst of it. You were actually pretty well-behaved.

Katie: Ha. Ha. Don't you have a job to be at today?

Speed: I have the week off. I was going to go visit Anni this afternoon.

Katie: *nods* Bet you can't wait for her to be back to her old self again, huh.

Speed: That's what I'm hoping for.

Katie: Me too. We had some good times together, both of us sane nutjobs.

Speed: H is thinking about celebrating if all goes well. We might be back on the road in a few weeks.

Katie: I'm sure it'll be fun. *places cup on counter, jumps out of chair* I should probably get goin'.

Speed: You and what vehicle?

Katie: *sigh* Right. That.

Speed: I'll have a tow truck come out and get it.

Katie: *walks over, kisses Speed's cheek* Thanks for takin' care of me last night.

Speed: *nods*

Katie: The night could have gone down a lot worse.

Speed: I'm just glad you're okay.

Katie: *smirks* Me too.

TBC........................

6. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

AAWWW! That was sweet of Speed to take care of Katie! Now wheres the good stuff? They should have been all over each other. Man do I feel robbed! Ah well maybe next time. Come on Geni they can't stay away from eachother forever! Get with it already! Lol!

Great update.

7. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

How chivalrous of Speed! It's good he took care of Katie, and I can't mask my enthusiasm about him and Katie* both of them, you see* 'being good'. Maybe there's hope for Anni and Speed after all :D! I'm jockeying for Anni and Speed, if it's not too obvious...:D

Great update!

8. MacsLovlyAngl

Great update Geni.

Poor Katie, she's lucky she didn't kill herself, or someone else. And that waiter needs to be charged. Aren't they supposed to take your keys or something if you're over the legal limit. The least he could have done was called her a cab.

Aww..Speed. SO sweet. Now go find that waiter and punch him for letting her drive.:p

Thanks for the update geni:)

9. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

Yes, that was VERY sweet, and I have to say, I think I'm rooting for Katie and Speed as well, but only once Annie's okay again and they're not messing around behind her back. :lol: But yes, go find that waiter and punch him. D< Waiters aren't supposed to let you drive if you're drunk!

Nice update, Geni! I can't wait for more RTer madness, though! :lol:

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Aww... Speed and Katie are cute... but I keep thinking maybe Speed and Anni will still be together... haha.

Poor Katie. She's lucky no one got hurt.

Great update!

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

LOL. Thanks so much for the reviews everyone! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APL Manhattan, Miami, 9am

Scott: *steps off elevator, looks around*

Everyone is quiet, computer buzzing can only be heard

Scott: *lifts brow*

Donna: *sneaks over, whispers* Mister Finch.

Scott: What's going on?

Donna: Shh.

Scott: *whispers* Why's everyone so quiet?

Donna: Well you've been gone all week and APL sent over a manager to fill in and she's been such a Nazi bitch to everyone. We aren't even allowed to go to the bathroom without her permission. I'm so glad you're back.

Scott: I'm not technically back. I have a few more days off, I just came by to pick up some files. Where's this manager?

Donna: She's in your office. But you'd better be careful, she doesn't like visitors. Her name's Kira Taylor.

Scott: *nods* Thanks. *walks away*

Office

Scott: *walks in, shuts door*

Kira: *lifts head* Who the hell are you?

Scott: The guy you're covering for.

Kira: *stands* Scott Finch, then.

Scott: That's right.

Kira: You're not supposed to be back for another 4 days. *walks around desk, points to floor* I had to get someone to come in here and replace the carpet in here. What kind of ship are you runnin'?

Scott: That was unrelated to the way I run this 'ship'. Why are my employees confined to their work spaces?

Kira: They need structure. In the military, we had that and it works. These people were running around like headless chickens so I fixed the problem. I've also implemented a dress code. The workers are no longer allowed tattooes, dyed hair, clothing that shows skin in suggestive areas and ties are a must for the men. That goes for you too.

Scott: You don't get to dictate what I wear to work.

Kira: I believe it states the general manager of this branch and others must be over the age of 40 with over 10 years of work experience in a management position. You don't appear to fit that criteria.

Scott: I'm aware of the rules, which are currently being ammended to fit the 21st century so I wouldn't dwell too hard on them.

Kira: It's my opinion that you don't know how to run a branch and that's why I'm opting to replace you on a permenant basis.

Scott: I don't know how to run a branch.

Kira: Yes.

Scott: Miss Taylor, I used to run the entire company. So you can argue with the current CEO who personally employed me all you want but you're about to waste your breath.

Kira: *shakes head* I'm having the branch psychologist come in to assess you to determine if you're psychologically stable enough to retain your position.

Scott: *stares at Kira*

Kira: If he thinks you can't run this branch, that report will be forwarded to the current CEO and you'll be working under me. You can either meet with him today, or you can do so after your 4 days.

Scott: May as well not delay it.

Kira: Good, I'm glad you're cooperative. Go down the hall, Doctor Pierce will meet with you in 10 minutes.

Scott: He's here.

Kira: The receptionist said you called ahead and would be stopping by.

Scott: *sigh*

Down the hall, small room

Pierce: *places down briefcase, opens it* I managed to get all of your medical and psych records from Doctor Lundgren at the treatment facility across town as well as your current medical records.

Scott: *sips water*

Pierce: How are you today?

Scott: Why don't we just cut to the chase. You're here because Kira doesn't think I'm stable enough to run this branch. It's probably not genuine concern for myself or the employees but it's not up to me to judge.

Pierce: Same here. I'm just here to do my job, I hope you can appreciate that.

Scott: I can.

Pierce: *looks down at file* I'd like to start with your experience in New York.

Scott: *leans back in chair* Go ahead. Let me know when you're finished.

Pierce: *lifts head* ...Okay. Redirect then. At the treatment facility in Miami, you were placed into a suicide ward. Now, this suicide attempt was because of a work-related incident.

Scott: I didn't attempt suicide and the incident was not work-related.

Pierce: You lost your job.

Scott: A lot of people lost more than that. I'm not complaining.

Pierce: *nods slowly* How do you characterize your time at the treatment facility?

Scott: Productive. I moved on with my life and the way I manage my employees hasn't been significantly affected by my life-threatening experiences.

Pierce: Yes, you were...*puts on glasses*...held captive in Texas by the sister-in-law of one of your former employees who was also suspected to be involved.

Scott: Yes.

Pierce: How do you feel about that?

Scott: Is there a right answer to this?

Pierce: Mister Finch, if you're not going to cooperate w-

Scott: I'm just finding it a little bit odd that I keep getting employed by this company to do a job and I get praise for doing well and then suddenly, my sanity is coming into question. So what the hell am I doing wrong? What is it you people think is wrong with me?

Pierce: If you're going to be rude and defensive, I-

Scott: *laughs* No no. Look. I have been more than patient and polite with you people. I have let you repeatedly walk all over me because I didn't want to stir the pot around here but I've had enough. I am sick of this god damned work politics shit. Either let me do the job and leave me the hell alone until I make an actual mistake or stop hiring me into authoritative positions.

Pierce: *clears throat, fiddles with glasses*

Scott: What? You don't know what to say? *waves hand* Nah, no that's fine, I have plenty to say. That's what we're here for, right? Sure, I came in here with the intention of doing all the niceties and telling you what you want to hear like any good worker bee so we can cover our bases and move on but my heart really just isn't in it today. You want to know if I'm going to take my gun and shoot everyone or jump out a window, fine. Let's figure that out together because I sure as hell don't know what's going to happen when I finally snap. And by the way, just so you know, I'm getting very fucking close to that point, Doc.

Pierce: *stares at Scott*

Scott: *puts feet up onto table, crosses arms*

Pierce: Um...so you were uh here during the shooting last week.

Scott: Mhm.

Pierce: Many people were hurt, including your wife. But you sustained no injuries.

Scott: *throws hands up in the air* I got horseshoes up my ass, what can I say.

Pierce: Do you feel guilty that you were unharmed?

Scott: I'm sorry, what does this have to do with how I manage this branch? I'm not quite connecting the dots here.

Pierce: Just answer the question.

Scott: I don't understand the question.

Pierce: How can you not understand the question?

Scott: I don't know, I've always had this condition where I...well I guess you can probably check with some big important doctors or something on the real name of it but I just call it Bullshit Deficit Disorder.

Pierce: Okay. *closes briefcase* This is a waste of my time.

Scott: YES! *sits up, slams hands onto table* THANK YOU! I'm glad we've worked through this complex problem!

Pierce: *leaves, shuts door*

Outside room

Kira: So? How'd it go?

Pierce: Besides feeling frustrated with how he's being treated by everyone, I can't tell whether he's insane or just being an intentional asshole. I'm finished. *walks away*

Kira: But...*frowns*

Inside room

Kira: *walks in* What was that?

Scott: *drinks water*

Kira: You think this is a game?

Scott: This whole business is a game. I'm surprised with all your years of experience, you haven't picked up on that yet.

Kira: *places hands on hips* I was told by everyone that you were very easy to get along with.

Scott: I am. But I don't like you and I don't like what you're doing to my employees.

Kira: With the way you're behaving, they might not be yours soon.

Scott: *stands* We finished here? Because I need to get back home.

Kira: *nods*

Scott: *leaves*

Kira: *shakes head*

House, 11am

Scott: *walks in*

Lori: *brings spoon up to Steph's mouth* Hey, you get those files?

Scott: No. *walks over, sits*

Lori: *lifts brow* Okay. So why were you gone so long?

Scott: I was being interrogated by the branch psychologist upon orders of the woman filling in for me this week.

Lori: She made you see a shrink.

Scott: Yep.

Lori: And? *smirks* Do they think you're nuts?

Scott: *stares at Lori*

Lori: *looks at Scott*

Scott: No...I'm not losing it at all.

Lori: *smiles* Good. *looks back at Steph, wipes her chin*

Scott: *looks down at table, runs hand through hair*

TBC........................

12. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Okay...I'm going to go ahead and say it...Kira's a bitch. A bitch with a mighty big head. Can we retread to what happened to the last bigheaded bitch that tangled with Scott...That's right, she's in the slammer... I think,however, that everyone needs to give Scott a wide berth, because he has been through the ringer. Lori can handle him but those folks at work...So asking for it...

I like Scott's condition Bullshit Deficit Disorder...I posses that same ability...lol.

excllent work, Geni!

13. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well I sayin that Mr. Finch has him another potental psycotic episod in the making. Jeez Geni can't we all just get along! Lol! haven't you torchered poor old Scott enough. If you an't carefull hes gonna go so nutty hell think Katie's a sain person,or some weird shit like that.

Great update!

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

To answer the doctor's question... a little bit of both.

What will happen when Scott finally snaps? *hopes he's not like Speed* :lol:

Great update. :)

15. MacsLovlyAngl

Rooooar.... Go get em Scott. You show that doc how insane you're not:lol:

Love when he got home and he tells Lori..."No... I'm not losing it and she says...Good.:lol:

Love Scott... I really got to find me one:p

*snuggles the three of them*

Great update Geni, update again soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.