Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

If TPTB remember their continuity THIS time around, I expect Catherine would get Grissom's office because isn't she still sharing with the day supervisor and her duck things?

I hope they at least keep Miss Piggy. I'd like to see Grissom's office with Catherine's stuff - and Miss Piggy keeping watch.

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

The office with the ducks. I loved that scene Cath and Sara had in her office, and the ducks! That was funny. I'd like to see Cath get Grissom's office, and keeps a few of his things (he lets her of course) but then puts her own touch on it too

3. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Maybe memorabilia from her dancing days? :devil:
    LaSquisita

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That's an interesting question, Anne. I think that although Catherine was capable of being a good supervisor (profession-wise) back in season 5, she didn't expect to get stress from everywhere (the upper powers like Eckie, the police, her own team members, and most importantly, the fact that Grissom didn't seem to acknowledge that they were really equal and still treated her as a subordinate). You could see how frustrated she was because the younger CSIs kept comparing her with Grissom. I think she learned an important lesson from that experience and knows how to handle certain things better than she did back then, plus, as kay pointed out, she's good at playing politics when needed. So IMO she'll only become a better supervisor than she was in season 5, but I doubt her way of leading is going to change, and I don't want that, either. :)

As for the office, I hope she'll take over it. And I wonder what it's going to look like if she moves in. I don't think the specimen are going to stay, well, except the fetal pig, maybe. :lol:

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Maybe the fetal pig is Grissom's office-warming gift? Personally, I'm betting on a pet cockroach (and then maybe they name it Grissom). I can totally imagine her keeping a team pet after Grissom's departure. That way, when team members need to decompress (or when TPTB need a little silliness) they can go and talk to the cockroach.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

-->"My final scene with him was a tiny little thing with very few words," says Helgenberger. "But it was more about the looks than anything."<--

A little quote they added in the new issue of EW.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That's always been the thing between the two characters. They don't need words. They communicate really well without them.

I'm glad to hear that Marg did get a final scene with him. Excellent.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I love what she said about their last scene. The looks, huh? That's awesome. I think being old, close friends, it's only fair that it's more about the looks more anything between Catherine and Grissom. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure Marg did a superb job. She's that good. Just one look and you know. :)

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Can't wait to see it. Grissom and Catherine have this special bound so definitely the looks will tell much more than words:)

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

You know, the fact that they have shown parts of Grissom's goodbye scenes with Nick, Greg and Hodges but nothing from the scene with Catherine really makes me wonder what's going to happen in the scene, how are they going to say goodbye to each other. :)

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I love her. She was just awesome in One to Go. I was thrilled to see Catherine step up and in charge. Can't wait to see the new CSI led by Catherine Willows!

12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Me either! I think we're finally going to get to see Marg REALLY shine in this show. And to see a strong, independent woman as the lead of a TV show - RAWR!!!

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

On the press release of next week's episode The Grave Shift from CBS, Marg is listed on the top of the cast list. Let's hope that's the way the new opening credits are going to be because honestly, after being the female lead and doing most of the promotion for this show for eight and a half years, she deserves that more than anyone else. :)

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Amen to that! Marg as the face of CSI. I'm totally there!

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

SpikeTV has been bugging me lately. For some reason, they've been editing some of the CSI episodes. They're showing Kiss Kiss Bye Bye right now. They just cut out a small part of the Cath/Sam limo scene where Cath tells him that his handkerchief was found in Lois' room. (you all know that scene!)
    This time, they edited out the part I bolded in that scene.
    Why? It was only about 5 seconds! Why edit that little bit? *grumbles*
    We didn't get enough Cath/Sam scenes the way it was, now they have to cut it shorter? :scream:

*thud* right now they're showing the part where Cath meets her mom & Sam for dinner. Cath in the green top & skirt. :drool::drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.