The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

My timeline is mid-Season 9 or late Season 8. Warrick's there but Sara isn't. I think I'm looking less for a break-up reason and more for just an issue of tension within their relationship.

2. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Just remember that I did a story where the boys broke up and made it work - mind you, they didn't exactly have a choice in the matter if you can remember the fic.

Honestly, I don't like thinking about them breaking up. There are just too many moments within the show that make me think they'd be a forever thing (at least in my mind) if they ever did make the relationship canon. Of course, as I have said in the past, I kind of hope they never do because CSI has a very bad reputation for getting characters together and then doing something nasty to one of them. Case and point - the relationship I hoped was going to prove me wrong was Danny/Lindsey... and I'm sure you all remember what happened there. Stupid TPTB.

No, I'm just happy to let it all be in my sweet fanon dreams. You know, those long moments where neither Nick or Greg are on the screen and you just know they're in a closet somewhere. ;)

3. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

I don't know if it will help, happyharper13, but another reason for Greg/Nick tension could be Sara's departure. Sara and Greg were extremely close, and even though Nick and Sara were friends, I think that they weren't nearly as close as Greg and Sara. And even though I hate to think of things like this, when one partner is under duress - i.e. Nicky, because Greg is upset about Sara and Nick can't do anything about it - they tend to think a little irrationally; the point being, maybe Nick starts to suspect that Greg feels more for Sara than he originally let on? I would hate to see that played seriously, but just the suspicion could cause huge tension. :)

&& As mentioned before, I also tend to think of Nick and Greg as a forever couple... :) Just fangirl-ish dreams, I guess... But I hope not. :adore:

4. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I know it's waaay after the fact, but I'd still like the answer that question, happyharper,

I actually first got interested via Swarrick stories. It turned out, there are a lot of multi-pairing Swarrick stories out there than are Nick/Greg as well as Sara/Warrick. I think I remember one where Nick and Greg were together, and they lock Sara and Warrick into a closet together to get them to talk to each other (they'd been fighting again) and then, while the two are in the closet, the guys go off and do dirty things to each other in a unisex bathroom, lol. Or they were hiding from Sara at the same time, I'm not sure. lol.

Then I was like, "huh this is interesting" so I looked it up, and one of the first authors I actually came across was Wojo, so she was like my introducer to the whole thing, because once I'd read like half of her stories in one afternoon I was totally in love.

Then came along my first fic, which was called "Journal" And was actually part of a bigger story, where there was an established relationship, but I turned it into a whole, "They started off as roommates" thing. lol. And that's the whole story of my NG shipping. Kinda epic, isn't it?:lol:

-Lynn

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Me too. I have always seen them together forever. But I can see how many events that have happened in the show could lead to a break up or bring them closer together. Like Greggo in the lab explosion would make Nicky way more protective of him and make him even more worried about him outside the lab. Nicky being kidnapped would put strain on the relationship by the possibility of one of them dieing. I could see Nicky maybe breaking up with Greggo in hopes it would protect him, the many crazy things in their jobs. But Sara leaving and Warrick passing i think personally would bring them closer together. Seeing how quick life can change and why we should value the time we have with each other. Man talk about sounding like a hopeless romantic. :lol:

6. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

Yeah, I agree with the above. I think that the Sara and Warrick ordeals would tend to bring them together, rather than apart... But the human mind is a hard thing to predict. We can't always be assured that something so traumatic and hard would cause them closer. It could cause them to withdraw from the other. I've seen it a lot... ): It's sad, but life is sad and harsh, and it wouldn't surprise me...

You know, I always wondered who the boys would come out to first, when they finally admitted to the team that they were a couple. Grissom would be a good idea (not saying anything about the episode coming on next Thursday... :( ) since he is their boss and all... but I think that I, personally, would want to tell Grissom last. Lol. But maybe not.. Maybe they'd tell Catherine first? Or Sara or Warrick (if they were still around)? or maybe the new girl, Riley? *shrug*

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

OMG! Seriously? *blushes* I really don't know what to say, except thank you for saying that and for reading my stuff. I never thought I'd be one to influence people, I just wrote for the enjoyment of it and to share it with others. Thanks again for saying that you just made my day!:)

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah Nick and Greg. Who would they tell first? I think if they told anyone, I think Greg would have told Sara. But I like to think of them as keeping it a secret, to me its just more exciting that way. I think Nick would be too scared to tell anyone and Greg would get off on the fact that Nick is his dirty little secret.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hm, I like your last idea, a lot! :devil: I think it could be a real turn on for both of them ... :devil::devil::devil:

Anyway, what do I think? Well, I guess Greg would tell Sara and Nicky? I always imagine Cath talking to Nick about their relationship because I can't see him telling anyone not even Warrick. Just can't imagine that conversation. If they wanted to be out both would tell Grissom together.

It's also possible that Warrick knows Nick's gay. Maybe they had a talk after the hooker incident?
    Btw, I found this hilarious clip where Nicky calls that hooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlL856tbuw

Warrick definitely knows, he's Nick's best friend after all.

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I feel like Nick's generally the one more likely to keep his private life as private as possible. Greg, on the other hand, tends to show off his knowledge of intimate matters (liquid latex, talking to Griss and Cath about BDSM, etc.) Greg definitely seems like the exhibitionist (and the blabbermouth) of the two. I can imagine him wanting to tell the world that he's coming home to his own hot cowboy. Since I don't think Nick would let him (especially given that they're not out on the show), I'd guess that he at least told Sara. Greg telling Sara also seems more fair, since Greg appears to be the only one who knew beforehand about GSR (apologies for the dirty word). Sara's a lot more secretive (or so it seems) than Greg, so I'm thinking that if she told him about her and Griss, then he must have told her about him and Nick.

EDIT: That video clip is hilarious, though Nick's haircut makes me cringe. It looks like he was either trying to imitate Elvis or Season 6/7 Greg. And I've got to say that S6/7 Greg pulled off the big sideburns a lot better, IMO.

10. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Thanks for posting that! So, Nick has a Tom Cruise thing going on.....:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:And I'm sure that it has nothing to do his looks , right?...... Sometimes, I love the writers....;)

[​IMG]

I agree that Greg would tell Sara. Sara HAS TO KNOW, I mean, look at her. She's like: "come on boys, get a room!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  11. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Hi guys,

I watched "For Gedda" for the first time. Although it was focused on Warrick, there were some intense Nick & Greg moments.

Firstly when they are sitting around the table discussing the evidence, and Greg says that it looked like Warrick did it. Could you not feel the tension between Nick and Greg. And I thought once they get home, Nick is going to rip him a new one. Personally I think things between them were frosty between them for most of the eppie. When Nick was telling Catherine about Gedda's list of enemies and they met Greg in the hall. They did not even greet each other, Nick just walked away and Greg continued talking to Catherine. Icey *brrrrr*. But between that and the diner they must have made up. Stupid TPTB for not showing that. OMG, he might have been pretending to look at the the waitress but he kept glancing at Greg (i swear he looked up but there was a noticeable glance down to Greg. Please tell me I was not seeing things). And Greg laughing with the hand in front of his mouth (so flirty).

I still do not think Warrick knew, he would never have left Nick there to flirt with the waitress. He would have told Nick to see Greg off at the airport (3 days is a long time apart).

Personally I always thought they walked up somewhere between season 1 & 2. But broke up. But season 8 they started flirting again and might be getting back together.

Thats my 2c

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ Agree about For Gedda, some (small) but intense NG

I think they got together season 5. Although sometimes i change my mind. I think first season/2 seasons there's a lot of testing the waters/flirting going on, and that open flirting stops a little after, and I think thats once they get together, they can do whatever they want at home :devil: they don't need to at work, apart from on the occasions that just naturally happen, which I think are what we see now.

I think Greg would have told Sara, they were close. I think Cath knew. I think Nicky would have told her eventually, but being Cath she'd have known before that. I think Warrick knew, but it took Nick a while to tell him- I think that he was worried about what he'd think. And I think Warrick didn't take it great at first, not because he had a problem with the 2 of them, but in their line of work others possibly would.

13. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Okay, this is me actually on topic for once...

Now, the idea of the boys splitting up makes me REALLY SAD! But I've got this whole plot spinning around in my head and sitting in a notebook someplace...So I can't really say anything more because that would make me a hiprocrite. No one likes a hipocrite. I know I spelt that wrong, I just know it...

I actually, (Ant please don't kill me) Think that if it was Nick's choice, they may tell Grissom first. Grissom had this whole sort of emotionally detached thing going on? And when you think about it, he's stared concepts like homosexuality straight in the face and hasn't batted an eye, so if it were me, I'd definitly tell someone like that first. Especially if it just to have someone who knows. You know how that works?

I agree with LoneWolfe. That whole flirting with the waitress thing was something to distract everyone from his obvious flirting with the lovely, smiling-like-a-maniac-who'd-just-been-handed-cocain Greg. :) And if Warrick (or anyone for that matter) knew, they would have understood Nick leaving with Greg to see him off.

Or we both could have been wrong, and they had said a...sweeter goodbye the night before...:devil::)

*Sigh* I've been watching Brokeback Mountain again. And the other night I had this dream about cowboys...and who doesn't know this fandom's history with dreams? :lol:

Oh, and I made a George fanvid...lol. It mentions Nick...and Nick/Greg...and Eric/George, for that matter. ha. Uh...If you wanna see it, I can link it but I'm not doing it right now because I don't think I'm allowed because it's not Nick/Greg...so...

Well, I see you guys later...Off I am to deal with the next chapter of Branches...which is proving to be a real bitch to write, BTW.:rolleyes:

-Lynn

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The whole waitress thing was totally something to distract from the fact that they were all happy together and Nick was trying so hard not to look at Greg, but how could he not with Greg smiling like he was at him.

Here is a new little manip I made.
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Nice manip Diz!

The diner scene was probably the best moment in For Getta, (the calm before the storm) and the boys just laughing and staring at each other was priceless. I'm sure Nick would have loved to see Greg off at the airport but like someone said they probably did have a private goodbye before hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.