Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree with that completely. To me Danny is much more enamored by the baby than he is Lindsay. Personally I think he loves her just like he loves his other friends (Stella, Mac, Flack, Hawkes, Adam and even *gasp* Rikki) and he only thinks he's in love with her because of the baby and wanting to do the best thing for her/him.

I personally would rather see them getting along and sharing sweet moments together that are about the baby and them becoming first time parents than have them rush to the altar. The sprint to the courthouse reeks more of an ABC afterschool special that tells guys to "do the right thing" when they knock up a girl rather than Danny and Lindsay are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together with the product of their awesome love.

2. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

To be honest I'm not sure how close of friends they really are. So far this season all of their important moments have either happened at work or while on the clock. It's like that's the only place they ever see each other or talk to each other.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's true we haven't seen too much in the way of friendship from these two lately but I think they are still friends and I think Danny is very loyal and protective of his friends. He wouldn't abandon someone he works with and has had an intimate relationship with even if he wasn't in love with them and I think it would take a lot to make him say "enough is enough" and end a friendship. Look at what he's already put up with from Lindsay and it's apparent he still cares about her. At least I think it's obvious from Carmine's performances that Danny definitely cares about Lindsay.

I can't say I'm convinced of the opposite, but at the same time I'm not expecting some miracle to happen where Anna Belknap is suddenly able to emote properly. Although I will say so far she's done well with the baby storyline in relation to her interactions with Danny/Carmine. That's not a huge compliment, though, considering I'm saying she's doing a good job of acting pregnant when she really is pregnant.

And it's pretty obvious they see each other off the clock even if TPTB aren't showing it. Otherwise I'd really hate to think of where that baby was conceived. :p I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that TPTB will always take the "tell and don't show" approach to DL. It's a bad way to tell a story, but it's what they've done up to this point and I don't see them changing their tune any time soon.

It would be much better if they showed their baby related character moments - or at least the vast majority of them - outside of work or at least when they are on breaks, leaving for the day or coming in for a shift. It's like TPTB wants to say "see! we're character driven" and "see! we focus on the lab and the cases" at the same time. If they're going to give their characters personal lives they need for at least part of it to be shown outside the work environment.

4. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I agree with that and think that TPTB take the "tell and don't show" approach. But from what I can see I don't feel like their relationship outside of work has that much substance. At least that's how I see it seeing as none of their private moments never really happen anywhere... private.

Let's be honest if TPTB suddenly decided that Danny and Lindsay decided to play hide the hot dog at work it really would not surprise me(sadly):wtf:. I mean they do everything else there.

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

have a merry christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

You're not flipping kidding!! ** eyes tumbleweed**

Who can resist that cute little scruffy face? ..apparently quite a few..:p

If only i could post my very special pics from the Big Brass Ring, but i have to hit 50 posts before i can and i'm kinda sloooowww... Lemmie tells ya, they are ferocious...:cool:

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Carmine definately has some interesting scenes in that film ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  8. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

well since it's so peaceful in here, well here's some pictures:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

giovinazzo<3 - not the hat! :p (I miss the days when we'd trash that hat - and it's Robin Hood-inspired cousin - on a regular basis. :lol:)

Are you trying to give the PG-13 Meter a heart attack? :lol:

10. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Why can't we post nekkid Carmine's Brass Ring. I seem to recall Fay that you've posted Carmine's nekkid butt under that shower sometime or other. What was that movie called, that he starred in with William H Macy, the old fart. :lol: The pics aren't that much different. The nekkid butt with him holding a towel in front, or the nekkid front with some woman's head in the way. Much of a muchness really!!!!

Nekkid front, or nekkid back! :guffaw::guffaw:

Anyhoo, that's not why I'm here. I found a blog that looks like it's just started, and it's from some Aussie chic, nope not me, but she has Bella Dorka's Carmine site, and Ceesau's site under her links, which she calls ''wickedly delicious yummy stuff'' or something. It's my fav new blog, and the link's now in my whatchya call it section below, but I'll put it here as well. www.jewelsdiva.com.au

Gotta say, Carmine certainly is wickedly delicious :devil: :drool:

Why has no one mentioned whipped cream and chocolate sauce on nuts lately?????????? :drool: :devil: :drool:

And yes, I said ON NUTS :guffaw::guffaw:

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Two words: sexual content. What's going on in The Big Brass Ring in those pics is definitely R-rated.

Seeing pics of Danny with his glasses really makes me miss those damn things! :( He was so hot with the glasses.

12. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

Hi! :)

I'm new to the NY forum, and I'm also a new fan to CSI:NY and have seen only a couple of episodes from season 1 and 4, but...well how can I say it, Danny became immediately my favourite character on the show, he is funny and charming and looks like a very interesting character, plus when I first saw him:eek: I like him in glasses and without them too, he's awesome:D

I browsed thorugh the thread quickly and all I can say is that I can't way to see more of him :D If only I had more time to watch the dvd(stupid exams bahh)

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome, Stee! :D That's how I felt about Danny, too...almost immediately he became my favorite character. I like how imperfect he is...how emotional and hot-headed and impulsive he can be. I love the way his friendship with Flack has been built up so that it's clear that they have a lot in common but are so different personality-wise.

I gotta say, I'm partial to the glasses. He looks fine without them, but there's something smoking hot about a sexy guy in glasses. :devil:

14. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

Hi guys.

Well I agree about the glasses. I like him without but there's definitely an edge (a sexy one!) to a guy wearing them.

Maybe we should steal his contacts from him then he'd have to wear glasses or walk around bumping into things!

I wouldn't mind him bumping into me!

15. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Loafie that is such a cute little icon.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.