The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Hmm, it’s late here so I’m not sure I’m thinking clearly :lol: and I can’t re-watch 1st season now to check Nick’s reaction to Greg’s ramblings but from what I remember those two scenes seemed completely unconnected :confused:

actually I started wondering right now if there wasn’t some switch in the order of the episodes. Because, as you pointed out, it made absolutely no sense – it certainly looked to me like it was their first date in $35K O.B.O so I have no idea why he was confessing his love to someone else a week earlier :confused: If TPTB wanted to persuade us that Greg doesn’t have eyes for Nick, they failed miserably :lol:

But I’ve always thought that this talk about girls was rather Greggo’s way of pushing Nick’s limits – he suspected (but probably was afraid of asking directly) that Nick was interested in him so he was trying to check if Nicky gets jealous or maybe uncomfortable talking about girls (that would also say a lot :lol:) because, seriously – if he really wanted to talk about his female beloved ;) there are other people – Warrick, Cath, not to mention other techs – but he was always waiting for Nick :lol:

2. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

I was wondering about the same thing. The timeline is all wacky. Unless the timeline ISN'T wacky, and in fact we are correct && this is just a weak attempt from TPTB that failed, yet again. :lol: I think it's a little funny how Nick just sort of humours Greg's dates like, "yeah, yeah, keep talking, but I know the truth." ;) It never really seems to bother him so maybe he's reassured because of some reason undisclosed...? :devil: Except, of course, for in the recent season episode where he was all jealous!Nicky in the closet (love the subtext :adore: )....

3. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Hi! :D I don't think I've been around for a while, but I've been, er, lurking. I do believe there are some new people (well, new since I've been here, but appear to be pretty well established). At any rate, welcome! There was quite a few "new" posters!

I wasn't really into Vegas all that much (not even into CSI, friends had gotten me interested) - and it just kind of hit me one day. I do remember loving Greg a lot, :D but we all know it's just because he's awesome. I've never branched off into another pairing, unless it pops up in fic or something, but I don't actively participate in, er, any other pairing. :D It's just NG, and I like that. Anyway, yeah, it was just a "Hey! That'd be kinda interesting, I wonder..." and then I went on the Internet, found fic and fandom and decided to get involved with that, :p I don't remember which episode or what sparked it, because I watched the show for a while, pretty sure they weren't subtext-heavy, which is probably why I didn't catch on, or what scene, if any. It might have just been a random thought one day, I don't remember.

They're actually one of the few reasons I bother watching the show anymore - although this season looks like it's going to be fun, at least for a while.

4. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

I remember an old interview with Eric (or it was with one of TPTB?, I'm not sure) where they said that in those earlier seasons, Greg was basically someone who was lying about himself ALL THE TIME. So I've always thought that in those two scenes from "Face Lift" and "$35K O.B.O", Greg was just trying to impress Nick and getting him jealous... :devil:

I mean, you just don't talk to a male co-worker about your "date" with a girl :guffaw:and then, look at him like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at Nick's face. He's not believing a word of Greg's tale :lol: and you can say that he's totally smitten with his Greggo...

[​IMG]

5. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

So true, so true... :lol: Greggo's trying so hard to get a rise out of Nick. x) But he already has one... :censored: Anywho... :devil:

(I still find it amusing that the TPTB fails to disprove us no matter what.)

I think I might have found another little hint that Nicky is gay, but it could be my overactive imagination... In Season 1's episode "Justice Is Served", Warrick & Nick were looking for dog feces in the woods where the runner was murdered, and when Warrick & Nick were talking about the conference and "Julie", Warrick commented by saying, "A CSI should not be that fine." And what did Nick say to that? NOTHING. He didn't even SMILE. Just completely went on with the investigation. Didn't even bother to agree with Warrick about the girl (and Nick knew who she was because he referred to her to get Warrick to remember the conference). It could be that Nick simply didn't find her attractive, or a number of other reasons... But... :devil:

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

You guys kill me, while I'm sleeping you post like crazy!

Anway, love the topic so far! I'm totally someone with an over-active imagination, too, spillednotes! And I can so see your point. While reading your post some idea popped into my mind. We already know (someone went through the trouble to find out, don't remember who thought) that Greg was indeed talking to a woman in Face Lift. And with the way he was a lovey dovey with her on the phone my guess is she was a female friend with whom he played around. You know, just as best friends and of course he used it to get some reaction out of Nick. The same goes for 35K O.B.O. He really tries to get Nicky interested in him and he succeeds!

I love that quote about Greg, seabird, and it makes totally sense from a Love point of view! :thumbsup:

Good to see you again, suckerforasmile!

So, anyone else out there who feels like cheating when pairing of the boys with someone else? I simply can't read anything with either of them in another ship. It just seems so wrong! I've tried but, no, just can't! :cool:

Oh, and it seems Nick often forgets to react "properly" when people talk about women to him :lol:

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Yay, thanks for that seabird! In some way this "case" about this two eps is solved. Shame on me that I didn't at first notice this timeline. Just like Dizz said, he was quite immature about these two "relationships". I remember that some of us are considering Greg as bisexual so all in all, he was able to date girls, even in his immature way. Maybe he really dated two girls but it couldn't work it out 'cause he was thinking all the time about someone else. Well, Greg is not that good in manipulating - Nick didn't believe him but surely felt a bit jealous and annoyed.

I don't remember that someone said about it - in new season I found next Nick's gay moment and of course in Leave Out All The Rest. He was with Brass in this trance club and many people were around them. And who Nick was checking out? Big surprise - guys. He almost forgot that Brass was:lol: Then was a small moment when probably he looked at girls but behind them I noticed next guy. Well, Nicky is not very subtle, lol.

8. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Aw thanks!! She'll be reading the last story this weekend...I'm anxiously awaiting her text! I've pointed out other Love episodes for her to check out. She'll be a believer in no time! :lol:

I really could use a friend to actually sit with me and 'squee' over the Love moments! Like in A La Cart where Greg is talking to the chick behind the counter at the go cart rally and Nick is so completely uninterested, even standing with his back to her. Love it!

seabird thanks for the pics and the interview quote! I can totally use that for an idea of a one-shot fic I have!! ;)

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I agree that Nick sometimes forgets to act 'properly' as you said love fan. Like, as spillednotes mentioned, when talking about that woman csi, Nick didn't have a reaction at all, and there've been other moments like that, loads of them, when he just isn't bothered. Then other times when he's obviously covering up, like with all the frat talk and stuff. I love how he sometimes forgets where and who he is with, like the example Deirdre mentioned. bless Nick ;)

And love_fan, I know what you mean about reading fics. I don't tend to read Nick or Greg as any other ship. I did read a couple of Cath/Greg ones in the past, but no, it wasn't right!!

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Interesting observation spillednotes, the turn around between "Facelift" and "$35K O.B.O" could be just the writers lack of unity and continuity. They've always sucked at it. Or our Greggo is just being a man and moving on from one piece of tail to another which is a typical guy thing. Because he doesn't think he can have the person he really wants so he plays around and tells Nick about it in order to feel him out.

(I pointed this out awhile back but if you listen real close you can hear a female voice on the other end of the phone)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You mean this pic, Deirdre? :drool:

[​IMG]

For me, it was all about The Love from the get-go. Since I watched this scene from "Scooba Doobie Doo" where the boys were (obviously ;)) flirting, with Greg getting closer...and closer while they were talking about...lubricants :devil: Then, when Nick said "Leggo my greggo" while Greg was waving him from the hall.... I became hooked. It was easy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hadn't watched CSI before; I didn't know who Nick and Greg were, never heard of slash or The Love. But when I watched this scene and noticed the amazing chemistry they had, I wondered: "Who are these two and what's going on between them???" :lol:

Later, I found sites like the nickngreg livejournal community and What Makes The Desert Beautiful, and here I am, five years later. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I love those pics. The fourth pic, Greg cannot stop staring at Nick (I personally think he is memorised by Nick's lips). LOL.

Catlover, where are you? LOL. I am an addicted GSPD fan. We should start a second Nick and Greg thread for the AU's.

Can we discuss AU's here?

13. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

Aw, I miss Lab Greggo. He's so cute in those pictures from "Scooba Doobie Doo". :) && I love how the chemistry between them is so tangible that you can see it in their pictures. Especially in the eyes. ;)

&& Thank you, Wojo. :) It is true that Greg could just be a guy about his relationships and be completely immature...but I feel like it just further supports the helpless cause of the TPTB and The Love :devil:

Also... I find it adorable, the little interactions Greg and Nick do in Season 3. :) I think it's my favourite season overall. It may not be as quintessential as Season 2 or anything like that... but I still think it's cute. ;D

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I missed this when I was trying to catch up with all the posts last time.

I was always a Greg fan, loved him from the beginning. I always liked Nick, but he wasn't my main main character. I think the more I watched, the more I started to notice the subtext between the two, and though 'definately something going on/wanting to go on', then I was already kinda lurking around the boards, posting now and again, and the more I read the more hooked I became!!

That pic with Greg in the pink shirt is amazing...:drool:

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Agreed. I know I have said this before, but if the boys got together in season two they would still be in the honeymoon period in season three. Just the way they can't take there eyes a off each other at all times makes me giggle. We see as time goes on they tend to be less showy about looking at each other. But you can still see the subtext. Scuba Doobie Doo one of my favorites as well. (I seem to have alot of them :lol:) Just the way the way they look at each other and how close they get. And how Greggo is trying to impress Nicky with his scuba stuff. So cute. Although I love Greggo no matter what I too miss Lab Rat Greggo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.