Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Happy New Year PureJoyers!

I have an interesting and amusing question for you.

We all know how they like to advertise the show, especially the big episodes like Grissom leaving. So here's a question for you all:

If Gil and Catherine finally got together in the show (and you can take that to mean however you want), how would they advertise it? What would some of the taglines be? What would the ads look like? ;)

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

All they would need to do is re-run their Rashomama promo:
    [​IMG]

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ Heck yeah! Of course they'd have to edit out that dark haired bride. :lol: Whom I just realized kind of resembles the dead girl in "Butterflied". :lol:

Or they could say something like this:

After nine years of friendship and flirting, CSI's Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows finally admit their true feelings. Then there'd be a shot of a hot kiss between the two. Then the announcer would say: Be there to experience the start of something new. :)

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, I love your idea of a re-run of the Rashomama ad Kay, but like GNRFan said, they'd have to edit out the bride, cause she doesn't look like Cath... :lol: That would have a lot of people wondering, I think the intrigue of an advert talking about a wedding with only Gil and Cath on the pic would have a lot of people watching... GNRFan, I also like you're little quite... Oh, and we'd have to have a kiss, like their ET kiss... :devil: That was hot. Well... I think that if Gil and Cath were going to get together, it wouldn't be advertised, I think it would be kept as a closely guarded secret until the ep aired. I think that would leave a lot of people sitting open mouthed... :lol: I think that would be the best way to do it...

Oh and Karu, thanks for your comments on my icon. :devil: I bet you're right, Cath's bound to have that number on speed dial. ;)

5. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hey I hope everyone had a fantastic new year :)

Steph I love your avatar!!! So awesome :hugegrin:.

I completely agree with the Rashomama advertisement. That would have fans glued to their television sets. Edit out the dark haired woman, and perfect PureJoy wedding promo.

But I agree with Steph. If they were going to make it that Grissom and Catherine got together, they would keep the plotline under lock and key until the episode aired. Maybe air a promo that shows there is going to be a major unveiling of something, cause the viewers to get worked up and obviously watch to find out and then show the world that Gil and Cath have finally taken the plunge and have become a couple. Leave the fans in a state of shock, end it in a sort of cliff hanger, even though we may hate them and have the viewers tune in to see what happens. Possibly make an episode showing how they got together.

For a tagline? Not exactly sure, though I was thinking of it not giving anything away but it does hint toward Gil and Cath. Maybe one of the phrases could be about the 20+ year relationship they've had, and the pain and suffering that Cath has went through? Maybe involve the fact that Gil has had to watch Cath with other men?

What do you think?

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

You mean to tell me that ad from Rashomama isn't their wedding invitation?!:eek:...and here I was, after all these years, thinking it was.:lol: I don't think they'd heavily advertise them getting together either. That would just be too easy. I don't really think there's a way to advertise without giving it away. I'd like to see a promo where they're talking about what's going on, then towards the end, the words 'And a friendship starts down a new road...' and show Gil in bed and he rolls over and smiles. You can guess what (or who) he's smiling at.;)

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

You know, you could even have the tagline as something we fans have known for years:

"No words needed"

Man, the ratings would go through the roof.

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

You all have such good ideas! There are so many possibilities that TPTB would probably need to air different promos... it'd be appropriate for the event. Anyways, I'm in favour of "no words needed" 'cause it describes Gil and Cath's relationship to a T, especially when it comes to the eye conversations and couple's telepathy.

9. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

A very fresh topic. Must join in.

I don't know... From what I've seen so far with all the promos, they like to play up the sexual innuendos to the max and make you watch it although it may be nothing. Especially weird Catherine/Grissom moments.

The two promos that I can remember being super excited about and then disappointed as to the context of the line are... Leaving Las Vegas and The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp

They showed the two important lines and made us think like there was something huge going on :

1) "You know, I'd slap you but I think you'd enjoy it too much."
    AND
    2) "Do I know how to turn you on or what?"

So deducing from what they've been playing up, I think if they were going to get together, it would be hinted at. When they do like the whole...fast-forwarding by showing really short clips of multiple scenes, they would probably include something romantic. Something to get the shippers excited. Something that would draw people's attention. Ratings are super important, remember? hahaha

10. MissMurder

Oh yeah, definitely agree with the "No words needed" tagline. Perfect for the PureJoy relationship as it describes so many aspects of it in just 3 little words :adore:

I agree with karu_mila in that those 3 words are perfectly suited to them as Gil and Cath can communicate by just gazing at each other, read the other's mind as it were. They have such a telepathic connection, they know one another so well.

Even if the writers didn't exactly give the plotline away in the story, but made the promo hint something was going on, I believe that would increase ratings. Play to their viewer's curious nature :lol: I think that would work fine if they wanted to raise the ratings.

11. Stepherweps

Oh yeah, I think "No words needed" is the perfect tagline to sum up Gil and Cath's relationship, they know eachother so well, that they don't even need to speak to convey their emotions to one and other, their relationship is so deep, that they can say all they need to say with a simple look or a touch... :adore: I mean how perfect for eachother can 2 people be?

:lol: I had totally forgot Cath has said "You know, I'd slap you but I think you'd enjoy it too much." That was a hilarious scene, but I'm having trouble remembering what ep it was in... As for "Do I know how to turn you on or what?" One of my all time favourite Purejoy scenes, I love how Cath teases him like that. Oh and we can't forget "I even missed your tush." Another adorable moment between them. :adore: Someone remind me why these 2 aren't together? :lol:

12. MissMurder

:lol: Lovely scene that was and Steph it was from S7's "The Good, the Bad and the Dominatrix"

I also agree with the fact that they are such a perfect couple. They complete each other. Yin to the other's yang.

For example:

He is the introvert, therefore not good with people. She is the extrovert and great with people.

He is not good at politics and she is.

The list goes on and on... :adore:

13. Stepherweps

Thanks for the info Karen, I knew I had seen the ep, but I had a total memory lapse as to when it was... I knew it has something to do with Lady Heather though...

Oh and I totally agree with, you Gil and Cath are totally perfect for one and other, because they are opposites, like they say "opposites attract", they bounce off one and other and balance eachother out... That's why they'd be so great together... :adore:

14. MissMurder

^ Completely agree :D

They do completely balance each other out. If one has a problem the other fixes it. They always have the other's back.

It is the same with their arguments; they never last long. Gil and Cath both know they can't stay mad with each other for a lengthy period of time. Their fall-outs last minutes and then they make up again. The episode Pledging Mr Johnson is a clear example of this.

Ever heard of the key to a long, successful friendship/relationship/marriage etc is communication? Gil and Cath have that, that is why they are such great friends and would be such a perfect couple.

15. Stepherweps

I agree, Gil and Cath communicate with eachother so well, and like I said earlier, they don't even need words in order to communicate, as they know eachother so well, cause they've been together for so long... They would make an awesome couple, they have all the right qualities and bring out the best in eachother, it really is a shame that TPTB didn't go down that road. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.