The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hope you're feeling better soon, Wojo!

I think those are from the S6 promos. They boys looked really good in it ;)

Hm, good question. I know I always thought that they looked good together but I didn't really pay attention until I read a post in a Queer as Folk forum. After that I was like, wow, they're totally into each other. I wouldn't say though that I liked one more than the other. Didn't really pay attention ;)

DFraMacKey, I think, but I'm really not sure, that there was a very short scene where Nick walks past the lab and glances at it. I'd have to watch the episode again but I hate to see Greg being blown up :(
    I, too, noticed that look back and making sure Greg was following him in Bull. Too cute!

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I started out and remain a Greg fan, I too was a Sandle fan for a short time until I discovered this ship. The first slash fic I read though was Grissom/Greg and I read it because I thought it would be funny, instead it was a turn on so I read all the G/G fics I could find. Then I stared reading N/G fics and fell in love with this ship. I still like to read and sometimes write Grissom/Greg but my main focus is on Nick/Greg.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, I'm feeling much better. :hugegrin:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  3. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I started out as a Greg fan, and I still am. There was a post on the Greg thread about how Nick & Greg made a cute couple. My first reaction was no way, but then I felt guilty since I always thought I was open minded. Then I read my first Nick & Greg fic (I think it was "Moment of Truth" by AlexMorgan), just to prove I was open minded. And wow, it was hot. Since then i have never looked back. But I must admit before then I never noticed "The Love" moments on the show, until I saw that eppie, where Greg asked Nick, that he thought that they had a relationship. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

4. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

I have always been a Nick fan and I have always adored Greg and I love the NG interaction on the show. However I didn't start shipping NG until I read my first fanfic, the name escapes me unfortunately, and it was H-O-T and looking back on the episodes The Love is so obvious!:)

Just a li'l touchy feely:drool:
    [​IMG]

5. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Hmm, Greg’s by far my favourite character but when I started watching CSI I’d already known about The Love (thanks to Deirdre :)) so I kinda had no choice but to notice all the subtext :lol:
    Though 'all' is clearly a wrong word, I keep getting surprised with Love hints while re-watching CSI so I guess I missed a lot the first time (but IMO it also means that the subtext is very deeply rooted and multi-level :lol:)

Stokes4Me - awesome pic!!!

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

A very good question:) So I started as a big Nick fan (and still I'm). I had some feelings about him that something with him is different than with other characters (from the beginning I didn't spot Greg too much). I can't tell that I just knew that he's gay or something like that - I just loved him and everything connected with him. I think that about N/G I found in some articles about CSI, then I spotted this place and for a long time checking posts here and finding that my feelings were good about Nick;) Now I'm a total obsessed fan of Greg but still Nick has a special place in my heart as the first love, lol. And I didn't ship both of them with other characters - never thought about Sandle or Snickers, I just started from The Love shipping them.

Stokes4Me, this pic is one of my absolutely favorites of our boys. But still the one with Greg in pink shirt is the best;)

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

happyharper13- hmm for me i dont know, I think that I might've been an Eric and George fan, and then Nick and Greg fan.... lol. I dont know really.
    Obsessed yeah! especially the whole of last year, nick and greg everything...
    For me it was watching a couple of episodes in totally random series and thinking hmm is that my imagination, and bang! found this site via another site (and personal) recommendation about the love...

Loving the pics ladies!!! keep them up!

Oh, and a happy new year to you all!

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well when I first started watching CSI, I noticed Nick (due to remembering George in Savannah) more than Greg but overall I was just a fan of the show. Then I started to notice Greg and really became a fan of him. Before I never really liked one particular character. Then I was sort of into Sandle. I heard about the Nick/Greg pairing and finally read some fics and never realized how hot they would be together until reading them. Then I came here and saw all the subtext everyone talked about and totally got into them as a couple.

9. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Well I started off liking Nicky and Greggo by themselves for different reasons. Nicky cause he was sweet, hero like and Warrick's best friend. (Warrick is my first true love from the show.) Greggo I liked cause he always made me laugh, wore crazy shirts and liked the same music as me. Then around the end of season one and all of season two I started to notice all the subtext between them. Then it took off from there as a obsession it is for me today.

Great pictures everyone, and Happy New Year! :)

10. DFraMacKey

DFraMacKey Victim

Well, for me, I think I first noticed Greg a little but not too much cuz I wasn't a CSI fan so, I started seeing it like at the start of season 3 and I was like wow Greg's so cool :p and then I noticed Nick and then I noticed Nick and Greg lol it was in the chapter "Random acts of violence" cuz I was seeing CSI with my sister and then N/G scene came on, and when Greg said : "Look, I thought we had a relationship" I was like o_O well hello what kind of relationship? From there on I started thinking they'd make a cute couple and I honestly thought I was the only one thinking this, but when I decided to search it on the net and discovered all the fanfics and videos and moments and Love fans I new I was correct about them :) they really do love each other ;) and I've never been so much into a ship, but well what can I say, it's the effect caused by The Love :p and for the record I never noticed any other ship o_O none, the first one I spotted was N/G even before GSR or Yo!Bling.... :p

EDIT: Does anyone knows where can I find Alex Morgan's Moment of Truth? I've heard about it but can't find it... if you could please tell me I'll appreciate it, thank you :D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I think I've always believed in the Love and I honestly can't remember the 'defining moment' for me. From the start those two have just belonged to each other in my eyes. And I love them both equally, although the compass can swing a bit from one to the other. Especially after I see an episode where either one of the shines (like Grave Danger or Gumdrops for Nick and Who Shot Sherlock or Post Mortem for Greg etc).

But better than either of them separately, I adore the Love moments.

And found another friend to convince! Neither of us knew the other loved slash fiction, so I played her 'Rashomama' and let her read my fics and she's gone away to think about it. Wish me luck!

12. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

With your excellent writing, she won't need convincing egeria!:thumbsup:

13. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

I keep missing tons of posts. ): But I was holed up in my apartment on a CSI weekend marathon (still am ;)) so I can let this one slide. x) Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you guys had a good holiday :)

To happyharper13 - I have to admit that I was never a big CSI Vegas fan myself, so when I started watching it I was neutral about all of the characters (in fact, I didn't see any ships or anything for a while). It's been a while since my "first" episode of CSI, && all I can remember is flailing over Greg (I think most people do :lol: ); and then, somewhere in the episode, there was this interaction between Nick & Greg and my mind immediately said, "They would look great together," (actually there's a screencap of the picture back some posts: it was the one with Nick & Greg walking side by side down a strip of road that appeared wet with rain, and they had on windbreakers && Greg's hair was shorter so it was probably a more recent season...) because of the way they were acting around each other (they're body language spoke VOLUMES). So I went online and looked around and found a Nick/Greg fic, and I thought, "What the heck," so I read it && bam! :D && Then I did my research and saw what everyone else saw. :) I've never been into Sandle or Snickers though. I dunno, it's just always been The Love for me. :)

&& I wondered about PWF too. But I did catch how Nicky was pretty quiet and reserved through the rest of the episode after the explosion. I thought that was sort of telling. :) I think he was upset because he couldn't go see Greg. ): && I also saw that look-back that Nick did in ep 9o5. x) So cute...

So I have a question. I've been watching Season 1 on DVD, && I noticed something but I'm not sure if it's just a wild stretch that my desperate, The Love deprived mind is reaching for, or if it's really there. :lol: Okay, in "Face Lift", we all know about the scene where Nick stumbles into the DNA Lab to find Greg on the phone talking to some unidentified woman (or is it a woman? ;)) && We all know how he told this person, "I love you," and had that cutesy fight over who loved who more. Now to me, you normally don't tell someone you love them unless you've been dating for a while, right? WELL, in the very next episode, "$35K O.B.O", there's a scene in the sort-of-beginning where Nick comes into the DNA Lab with some hairs he collected from the DB for Greg to analyze. You all know what I'm talking about, right? && Then Greg tells him about this girl that he took on a date the previous night. Now he tells Nick that he had a date last night, and what's weird to me about that is the way he phrases it. If it was the same girl from the previous episode, the one he "loves", he would have said something like "I took my girlfriend out on a date," or "Me and my girl went on a date last night," or even if not either of those, it seems to me that it was a first date, rather than just a normal date. && the way he was all excited and the way he talked about it... So assuming that this IS another women; does it seem a little odd to anyone else that in the time span of ONE episode, Greg can go from telling one girl, "I love you," to taking another one out on a seemingly first date? && To me if she was actually the girl from the previous episode, I think he would have talked about her way before now. What with the way he acted about her and all... SO in retrospect, to me it felt like a poor attempt at making Greg look straight && uninterested in Nick... As we all know is a complete lie. x)

ANYWAY. My post was really long && I'm sure I totally imagined the whole thing above.. But ho-hum. A girl can dream... ;)

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It is funny you mention that, spillednotes because I was thinking the same thing recently when I was capping those episodes. I was like 'why is Greg all lovey with this girl in this one episode and in the next he has a new one already.' Although the way he was telling the first girl he loved her was in a cutesy way and not really a meaningful way, if you ask me. To me it just made Greg seem very immature with his relationship. I still think what was most telling was how he looked back at Nick and was almost happy to see that Nick seemed annoyed...jealous perhaps.

15. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

I noticed that too! :lol: He gives Nick this grin that is just like, "Oh, where you listening?" with complete faux innocence. He totally wanted Nick to hear him. x) && Then the conversation... Lol to me, in Greg's eyes, it looked like he was searching Nick's face for some type of reaction other than the one he was getting. Like he was trying to see if Nick was jealous or mad... :devil: Bad Greggo, plotting away like that...

&& Is it just me, or does Nick seem to always be either smiling or happier whenever he and Greg are in the same room? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.