CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

More proof that she's an alien? :p

2. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Well, Sheldon probably has an IQ in the same range....:lol:

3. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

yeah, their perfect for each other

4. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Well it's a shame that Sheldon will never actually get with Nichole :p It's a tad hard to maintain a relationship when one person is a fictional character.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

*snort* Yeah. It's the actress who has the high IQ and not the character. Well the character might too, but that is yet to be seen. Some how I can't see Hawkes going for the beautiful but dumb as a rock type.

6. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

hey people i havn't been on for seems like a decade can anyone tell me what is happening so far in season 5 as it hasn't even started in the uk yet :( it totally sucks im eager for it to start up again can't w8

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I know what it's like to be fiercely protective of fictional characters, and I've often viewed the actions of the characters I favor in the best possible light. For example, I'm a lapsed Snapeist, but when I was actively involved in the HP fandom, I routinely defended his often atrocious treatment of the Trio. I liked that he was one of the few Hogwarts faculty members who didn't let Harry skate by just for being The Boy Who Lived. I often pointed out that Harry was often an obnoxious, dismissive, reckless, snotty fuckwit, and that Snape was the only adult who had the gumption to call him on these faults.

I insisted he was doing the right thing in the wrong manner. I was, and still am, a Snape apologist. So, I know about being a defender of fannish faith.

But goddammit, Stella is wrong for defying Mac's direct order to let the matter of the Greek consulate be. Not because the order issued from the mouth of Mighty Mac; indeed, if that were the sole criterion with which to judge the rightness of her actions, I'd shake her hand and wish her luck, because Mac is a master hypocrite. It's not even because she's disregarding a direct and very explicit order from a superior, because well, Mac often wipes his tightly-clenched ass with the chain of command when it interferes with his holy crusades.

She's wrong because she's involving and thereby endangering other people in her vengeance quest. If she were going this alone, I'd call her a fool, to be sure, but I'd respect her for being so dogged. As it is, she's dragged other people into an action that is taking place without the sanction of the NYPD, and more importantly, without its protections. Right now, Stella and Angell are on their own, and if something goes wrong, there isn't going to be a Kevlar cavalry outside the door. And what about the counterfeiter she's strong-armed into helping her? Yes, he's a crook, but he's not a violent felon as far as we know, and he clearly is under the impression that Stella is operating under the aegis of the NYPD. Who's going to help him once Mr. Tall, Dark, and Skeevy catches up with him?

If Stella has informed Angell that she's operating "off the reservation" and risking her career, then Angell is a grown woman who's capable of making her own decisions, but if Stella hasn't laid all the cards on the table, then Stella is blithely and willingly risking Angell's career and life for her own ends without informing Angell(or anyone else) of the extent of the danger she faces, and that's wrong any way you slice it. In fact, that's disgusting and morally reprehensible, and no amount of fannish whitewashing will change that. Period.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  8. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

You know I was kinda thinking that it wasn't right for Mac to order Stella NOT to pursue something or someone who is trying to kill or hurt her. As I recall he went after Drew Bedford when Drew was stalking him. When did it become one sided. Yes, I know the Greek embassy and all, yeah, yeah, but I just think that it was hypocritical for Mac to treat Stella that way. I don't particularly want to see Stella in more "Stella Drama", but when did the road start only going one way. It makes no sense to me.

No one get me wrong, I like all the characters on the show, but do you guys see where I am going with this?

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I still think what Season 5 needs is Peyton and Rikki. And LOUIE!!! I mean, if TPTB is going to shove D/L down our faces with a possible wedding and a kid, might as well make Louie Danny's best man. ;)

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Meanwhile i do agree with you it was wrong Stella disobeyed a direct order i think Angell must know where she stands up. I guess, if they were to meet the Greek Guy without a back up team, Angell is smart enough to realize Stella didn't have Mac's aproval.
    I mean there is no way they would go without a special ops team to find that guy
    According to spoilers Stella will receive Danny's help as well. My take is she will receive many people's help but at the end she will face her Nemesis alone as she did when Ethan tried to kill her
    Time will tell, but i do trust Stella won't jeopardize anyone's career or life trying to catch this guy
    what it intrigues me is how Stella has the influence "to move Christmas" even without Mac's knowledge

regarding Mac, i think it was very painful for both of them "Try to step in my shoes". Mac not allowing her to do what she thought it was right (because even he thought it was right but in the wrong manner)

Anyway we will find out in 5.15 and later

Debbie :)

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

When Mac told Stella that the case was being dealt with by another department. Major Cases or something like that. But the point is, some other team is handling the case, and just because Stella might feel it's not their biggest priority, doesn't give her carte blanche to stomp all over their investigations with her little plan. For all she knows, the other department could have a long involved undercover operation in progress, something that she could be blowing with her scheme. (of course, this being a TV show and Stella being the hero, she'll probably bring down the crooks singlehanded, but that's not the point)

And in any case, Stella's job is not to set up undercover operations and stings. Stella's job is to go in after somebody else has done that work and collect the evidence to solidify their case.

I agree with what's been said upthread. If Stella gave Angel the full information about how this operation was unauthorized, unsanctioned and without backup, then Angel is a big girl and entitled to decide whether or not to risk her own life and/or career. On the other hand, if Stella didn't tell Angel the truth (and Angel didn't figure it out for herself) then Stella will share some of the responsibilty if anything happens to Angel as a result of the op.

12. World_Aviator

World_Aviator Civilian

In total honesty, I'm a fan of Gary Sinise. The reason I watch the show is not for the bubblegum actors of Lindsay, Carmine, AJ Buckley or any of the gang. So many of the episodes of season 5 feature very little of Mac Taylor, which is disappointing. Sinise has over thirty years of strong acting experience compared to the long line of newer cast members.

:devil:With the lab being under the control of Taylor, as well as being a crime scene investigator, it would be good if the episodes actually featured more scenes with him, and less of some of the silly foolishness.

:devil:I couldn't care less about Lindsay's baby.

:devil:What I hope is that Mac fires Stella, at least for a while.

:devil:I'm not a SMACK fan, but so far since Peyton, its been the best the show could come up with.
    :devil:Stella is too hard to ever warm and melt a man like Mac Taylor.
    :devil:She's prone to bad decisions and is not the judge of character that Mac is.

:drool:I was a Mac and Peyton fan.
    And I'd like to see Mac Taylor in another wonderful romance.

13. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

[quote=World_Aviator;842181]In total honesty, I'm a fan of Gary Sinise. The reason I watch the show is not for the bubblegum actors of Lindsay, Carmine, AJ Buckley or any of the gang. So many of the episodes of season 5 feature very little of Mac Taylor, which is disappointing. Sinise has over thirty years of strong acting experience compared to the long line of newer cast members.

I disagree. Almost every episode I see features Gary Sinese. Don't get me wrong I love his work, but it is nice to se the other actors more and more. Except for season 3, you can guarantee that the season finales have been about Mac. But it is also nice to see abit of background story on the others too.

14. jolein

jolein Pathologist

As I said on the other thread,for all we know Stella has told her that back up is on it`s way.
    assume that because Angell is intelligent so therefor she must know that Mac disaproved is just wrong.

Well,so far she is doing a good job ruining her own career and that of Angell if Mac finds out.

I actually hope they wrap Stella`s case up before the final cause right now it isn`t interesting and wether that is because Melina can`t hold my interest in this case or because of the storyline I don`t know.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I respect your opinion but i disagree. Melina has been fantastic and the case itself it's less predictable than any other storyline we have had for months now. You don't know if

Stella is going to be fired
    Stella is going to quit
    Somebody is going to help her (plus Angell)
    Somebody is going to try to kill her
    She is going to be severely injured
    Somebody from the team is going to be injured as well

Definitely being Stella the main female character and Melina the female lead make this storyline more atractive to me considering she NEVER had a season finale focused on Stella. And it was time!
    Seriously, except for the justice to certain lovely charcetrs as Sid, Don or Sheldon in the next episodes the last episodes have been.....how could i say it? A Waste (in special last 2 episodes)

you bet she will feel responsible for that. That's why i don't want Angell or anyone else will be hurt as result of this operation
    Again i say Angell is smart and she does know Stella is not following the "orthodox" way (I mean with Mac's aproval)

Debbie :D

LOL! i agree with this point (I'm afraid i disagree with anything else. I'm SMACked and a Stellarina fan :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.