'Diddy' Pays A Visit To 'Miami'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 20, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

One rapper-turned-actor makes a stop in the Magic City.<p><font color=yellow>Sean "Diddy" Combs</font> was on the set of <I>CSI: Miami</I> Wednesday. He was filming for an episode that will air in February 2009 in which he plays a defense attorney. Combs' character, Derek Powell, was originally <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/141108_04.shtml">reported</a> to be a federal prosecutor. Despite the change, Derek will still butt heads with Horatio Caine (<font color=yellow>David Caruso</font>).<p>Combs told CBS executives what type of role he wanted to play. "[I said] I don't want to play no musician, I don't want to play a criminal – none of those stereotypical things. I want to play a lawyer," he told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.people.com/people/0,,,00.html">People</a>. The actor said he was excited to work on <I>Miami</I>, which is one of "the biggest shows in the world."<p>"The <I>CSI: Miami</I> team is like the Yankees," Combs continued. "Me coming on the set, I'm like a Little League player with the Yankees. [David Caruso], he's like Obi-Wan Kenobi or something! He taught me so much and let me ask questions and protected me. He's like the coach of the team."<p>The original article (which includes a picture of Combs with Caruso) is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20247896,00.html">People</a>.<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not looking forward to this casting at all.

3. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

This seems to be a interesting casting to me. I look forward to when people in the music world act sometimes. Looking forward to it.

4. 1luckygirl210

1luckygirl210 Victim

big fan of rap but I cannot stand "diddy" lol.....what a shame!

5. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Not sure if this is going to be good or not. I'm not impressed with him as a rapper, but then I can count on one hand all the rappers I actually enjoy listening to, the rest including Diddy just give me a headache.

But he could surprise us, I'm not holding my breath mind you, and I'm keeping my standards low, but he could surprise me.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

blah. it's the cheesiest news I have heard in a while. i mean, soon they are gonna make people text message to eliminate suspects a la American Idol. and then, the kicked out actors will have to compete in dancing. or better yet, figure skating! looking forward to it as much as seeing Diddy in Making The Band 14. rofl